X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
    whatdidyouhave4tea
    As the question comes up so often, I wonder, for ease sake, if you should just develop a smiley face code thing to save you writing out all the letters.

For example, from now on, just post ' ' or whichever is most convenient to you and then everyone will know that you require the question answered.

#lifehacktipsforrigger

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
          As the question comes up so often, I wonder, for ease sake, if you should just develop a smiley face code thing to save you writing out all the letters.

For example, from now on, just post ' ' or whichever is most convenient to you and then everyone will know that you require the question answered.

#lifehacktipsforrigger
          Don't try and butcher the wonderful words of rigger with your fancy emoticons or whatever you kids call them
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            Having greenore 8 but have connemara peated here

Massive fan of Greenore, think it's the perfect relaxo whiskey.

Stumbled across flaviar a couple of months back, it's a great site for any whiskey lovers (or spirit lovers), I've signed up to the subscription pack so get a tasting pack sent out to me every three months, all top quality stuff.

If anyone does go onto it and buy something you get €10 off using this referral http://flaviar.com/i/NjYwMTRmTCpTNSM

I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on this - http://flaviar.com/product/bruichladdich-octomore-061
            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Perhaps:

Its a start.

It does imply cooking though and from random perusal of the topic over the past while at least some of the consumption is more take-away/out of a crisp bag type stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                Don't try and butcher the wonderful words of rigger with your fancy emoticons or whatever you kids call them
                Must be the three o'clock starts. You miss the point.

The point was that if he used a 'fancy emoticon' or other symbol for a whole sentence/question where everyone knew what he meant anyway, he would have far more time to consider and write more 'wonderful words'.

When confronted with genius it is incumbent on lower mortals to find ways to assist genius to do more genius type things, lessen his load so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                  Massive fan of Greenore, think it's the perfect relaxo whiskey.

Stumbled across flaviar a couple of months back, it's a great site for any whiskey lovers (or spirit lovers), I've signed up to the subscription pack so get a tasting pack sent out to me every three months, all top quality stuff.

If anyone does go onto it and buy something you get €10 off using this referral http://flaviar.com/i/NjYwMTRmTCpTNSM

I'm strongly considering pulling the trigger on this - http://flaviar.com/product/bruichladdich-octomore-061
                  I actually got the Greenore from flaviar, have 3 or 4 tasting packs from them.

For buying you should refer another account, they can then refer another account. Anyway with one of the accounts buy and get 10e off the original account should ahve 10e from a referral and then get 15 from them buying something, that's how it worked for me at the time, so I had 25e credit, bought something, gave another account 25e credit haha. I spent 1 euro on this greenore

Comment

Must be the three o'clock starts. You miss the point.

The point was that if he used a 'fancy emoticon' or other symbol for a whole sentence/question where everyone knew what he meant anyway, he would have far more time to consider and write more 'wonderful words'.

When confronted with genius it is incumbent on lower mortals to find ways to assist genius to do more genius type things, lessen his load so to speak.
                    What if Arnie just winked and we all knew it meant "I'll be back" ?
                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                      I actually got the Greenore from flaviar, have 3 or 4 tasting packs from them.

For buying you should refer another account, they can then refer another account. Anyway with one of the accounts buy and get 10e off the original account should ahve 10e from a referral and then get 15 from them buying something, that's how it worked for me at the time, so I had 25e credit, bought something, gave another account 25e credit haha. I spent 1 euro on this greenore
                      Fantastic tip that!
                      Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Sky are already showing an Ulster Football Semi at the time of the G/K replay, so not a runner.
                          (Obviously with flexibility and good will all round it could be made happen, but replays just don't seem to be part of the deal now).
                          This is exactly what happened last year with the Dublin vs KK semi final replay, so hopefully they can come to the same resolution on Saturday by showing it as a 'web exclusive'

Comment

Would probably make sense to start alternating intercounty weekends between football and hurling really.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                              Would probably make sense to start alternating intercounty weekends between football and hurling really.
                              Guessing there are somewhere between 2x-3x as many football as hurling ties.

Comment

Arnie had to say 'I'll be back' for it to be memorable.

He said it once, to a camera, his genius pored onto the reel. We don't force him to say it repeatedly, we replay the reel. Had he winked we would replay the wink.

With The Rigger we know what he wants to ask. He has asked it. Many, many times. Asked and answered. He doesn't need to actually type out all those letters to ask the question. He saves time, but we get a similar level of heightened interest when he uses the emoticon, precisely because he has typed out the question so many times.

On big occasions, like 5k posts and 10 year anniversary of IPB we can plead that he write out the words, one more time, for us.

In the meantime, forcing him to repeatedly write out, every time, may slow him down from writing other things, things that would in time also attract the status of 'legend'.

I see your point, but I don't think it fully applies here, or at least it has equal application to my argument as yours.

I think perhaps we need a poll on this one.

Comment

Do you really think, if people with your kind of argument had won back then, and forced Arnie to to keep repeating 'I'll be back' every time it was required, do you really think he could have become Gov of California. Or rode one of the Kennedys. And the babysitter.

Are you really going to stand in the way of The Rigger, his forthcoming public aclaim and a chance to ride the babysitter.

For shame EH, for shame. Ye's need more fresh air in that airport dungeon of yours.

Comment

For shame EH, for shame. Ye's need more fresh air in that airport dungeon of yours.
                                    I really do! You have too much time to think!!

I just realised I'm exclamation Sat nav!!!!!

Buy sky sports but don't talk about FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!!!
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Do you really think, if people with your kind of argument had won back then, and forced Arnie to to keep repeating 'I'll be back' every time it was required, do you really think he could have become Gov of California. Or rode one of the Kennedys. And the babysitter.

Are you really going to stand in the way of The Rigger, his forthcoming public aclaim and a chance to ride the babysitter.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

It was repeating it that cemented the legend.
                                      I for one would feel the BBV would suffer without riggers daily tea inquiries. It a vital cog in the community. What did you have for tea is the great social question that can unite everyone in the idea that a lovely bit of grub in the evenings is your only man.
                                      Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-06-14, 13:46.
                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I can't believe the queen didn't sit on the iron throne.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YEG9DgRHhA

It was repeating it that cemented the legend.
                                          I for one would feel the BBV would suffer without riggers daily tea inquiries. It a vital cog in the community. What did you have for tea is the great social question that can unite everyone in the idea that a lovely bit of grub in the evenings is your only man.
                                          It alienates us non-eaters

also I'll be right back should not be in that video! the rest I'm okay with just the right back doesn't sound good to me.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                            It alienates us non-eaters

also I'll be right back should not be in that video! the rest I'm okay with just the right back doesn't sound good to me.
                                            Tea is the 2nd most important meal of the day.
                                            By asking the question, non eaters are constantly questioned as to the validity of their non-tea having lifestyle.
                                            I myself would not be a customary eater of tea, however, seeing this again and again has made me re-examine my lifestyle.
                                            Dinner is now tea. Lunch is now dinner and coffee is now breakfast.
                                            I feel a better man for it tbh
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                              I can't believe the queen didn't sit on the iron throne.
                                              Didnt know what this was about till I read todays WWN.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                Tea is the 2nd most important meal of the day.
                                                By asking the question, non eaters are constantly questioned as to the validity of their non-tea having lifestyle.
                                                I myself would not be a customary eater of tea, however, seeing this again and again has made me re-examine my lifestyle.
                                                Dinner is now tea. Lunch is now dinner and coffee is now breakfast.
                                                I feel a better man for it tbh
                                                Some valid points here! I think my ignoring many of the-rigger's posts has saved me from become a customary tea drinker which I am thankful for at this stage.
                                                Tea is for old people imo

On a side note, can anyone recommend a GPS for Europe for anything up to €100-130 and also one for south america up to 250. Cheers
                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Some valid points here! I think my ignoring many of the-rigger's posts has saved me from become a customary tea drinker which I am thankful for at this stage.
                                                  Tea is for old people imo

On a side note, can anyone recommend a GPS for Europe for anything up to €100-130 and also one for south america up to 250. Cheers
                                                  just use google maps on your phone in europe surely

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                    just use google maps on your phone in europe surely
                                                    The Europe one isn't for me and I said the exact same thing to my friends and they replied with "Would need lots of data for phones. Need a reliable GPS so we don't crash as well."

Found this one(was €90 last week though) http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/st...egoryId_212513 which looks okay but I have never had a GPS before so figure someone here would have a better idea and the lads are hopeless at doing stuff themselves.
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

The Europe one isn't for me and I said the exact same thing to my friends and they replied with "Would need lots of data for phones. Need a reliable GPS so we don't crash as well."

Found this one(was €90 last week though) http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/st...egoryId_212513 which looks okay but I have never had a GPS before so figure someone here would have a better idea and the lads are hopeless at doing stuff themselves.
                                                      indeed forgot about data roaming

Comment

I dont think you use data for the GPS on your phone.
                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          Where does a man (me) procure a small power washer? I would like to wash my very small back yard (100sq ft) and probably the front of house and knock a bit of dirt off the walls as well.

Can I rent one somewhere? Or would it make more sense to buy a small one that will do the trick?

I have had several Karcher ones and the nilfisk one i have at the moment is top notch.

Renting is going to be 50 quid for the weekend, buy one for 100 and after 2 weekends its free.

This is the one i have, got it in argos.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

If you think tea is just a drink, you have it all wrong. Take a step back and think about life.
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Where does a man (me) procure a small power washer? I would like to wash my very small back yard (100sq ft) and probably the front of house and knock a bit of dirt off the walls as well.

Can I rent one somewhere? Or would it make more sense to buy a small one that will do the trick?
                                                              Would have said Aldi do them the odd time,
                                                              failing that either an online shop or a large hardware shop.

Nay to renting.
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                I dont think you use data for the GPS on your phone.
                                                                If only one could save maps for offline use......
                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

buy a new yard.
                                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                    Ah sure go on ahead and message Gev that there so, instead of trying to make your standard sly little comments towards me there micknail. Cheers
                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                      Ah sure go on ahead and message Gev that there so, instead of trying to make your standard sly little comments towards me there micknail. Cheers
                                                                      Some serious sexual tension between you two lately.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                        Ah yeah, just getting sick of the little sly keyboard king there. Looking forward to seeing the chap in person again I must say.
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ah yeah, just getting sick of the little sly keyboard king there. Looking forward to seeing the chap in person again I must say.
                                                                          Hug it out and be besties again?

Comment

an interesting piece on Lambay Island http://www.independent.ie/life/home-...-30371099.html
                                                                            that's amazing. kinda want to go have a ramble there

Comment

Been some tension since the tinder match, awkward erections.

Comment

Had a shitfit of glolms on the 83 bus while catching up on the bbv, thanks lads.
                                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Joe Higgins is just such a total waste of breath most of the time. Jesus you would think by osmosis he would have picked up some cop on by now
                                                                                  You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                  World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

ah would you stop. You're about twice his size and what will you achieve by threatening him?
                                                                                    Yis don't like each other. deal with it like adults, the pair of ye.
                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                      ah would you stop. You're about twice his size and what will you achieve by threatening him?
                                                                                      Yis don't like each other. deal with it like adults, the pair of ye.
                                                                                      I'll have a tenner on Mick.

Bet?

Comment

I'll have a tenner on Mick.

Bet?
                                                                                        my da is bigger than yore da

Comment

my da is bigger than yore da
                                                                                          Mine has a bigger TV

Comment

Mine has a bigger TV
                                                                                            mine does kung fu

Comment

mine does kung fu
                                                                                              My da is better than chips
                                                                                              The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                My da is better than chips
                                                                                                your da is for tea

Comment

Old woman getting off the bus stops in my path to slowly tell the driver 'thanks ... for ... letting me off.'

It's a bua stop ffs, with 10 people behind you. I can feel the sands of time that represent my life slowing slipping away.

Comment

...
                                                                                                    Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 24-06-14, 17:02. Reason: said 'handy' twice

Comment

question???

chanel booked her flight to Canada last Thursday , we have the confirmation email :
                                                                                                      THE PAYMENT FOR YOUR BOOKING HAS BEEN SUCCESSFULLY PROCESSED. THIS IS YOUR
                                                                                                      ELECTRONIC TICKET. IT IS ADVISABLE TO PRINT IT AND CARRY IT WITH YOU
                                                                                                      AT ALL TIMES DURING YOUR TRAVEL. YOU CAN USE THE BOOKING CODE TO
                                                                                                      CHECK IN AND OBTAIN YOUR BOARDING CARDS AT THE
                                                                                                      CHECK-IN COUNTERS OR DIRECTLY ON YOUR AIRLINE'S WEBSITE.
                                                                                                      THANK YOU FOR YOUR BOOKING. HAVE A GREAT TRIP!

tickets are availble to check in and print online, when she checked her acc Friday night she had 3 euro left , now her acc is showing availbe funds of over 600 quid and no sign of the acc debited for the flight cost?? wtf is going on there
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

...

Comment

Free flight

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                                            Free flight
                                                                                                            thats what I am wondering, she would hardly get away with that would she? I have just printed the tickets

just checked reviews of the company
                                                                                                            Do you agree with Travelgenio's TrustScore? Voice your opinion today and hear what 35,076 customers have already said.
                                                                                                            Last edited by SatNav; 24-06-14, 17:08.
                                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                              Kinda need Italy + England to win here with sufficient goal differences to get Italy to the top here. They don't seem to be up to much though. Seems like a slim enough chance.
                                                                                                              Bring the kid to the park quick like last time you needed a couple of goals.

Comment

...

Comment

Bring the kid to the park quick like last time you needed a couple of goals.
                                                                                                                  play date with uncie chd

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav
                                                                                                                      rigger is class
                                                                                                                      im telling
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 24-06-14, 17:34.

Comment

...

Comment

im telling
                                                                                                                          delete that quote
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X