Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And i feel terrible questioning your stats, i am sure they are true...why would anyone lie, a quick Google says its an epidemic in SA and India and china.

And to just ass fuel to this fire....FF doesn't spell check China with a big C.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
      That would surprise me greatly.

I got to it via Nigerian population growth while watching Nigerian match. I was supposed to have gone to a thing at the Dalkey Book Festival last night entitled Ten Global Trends That Will Change Your Life. In the blurb it said that more Nigerians will be born this year than will be born in the whole continent of Europe.

So I was perusing African statistics of various sorts.
      What's the deal with these ten day no phone retreats.
      Think I would get confused after a few hours of been disconnected from the tekkers, not a good thing clearly.
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Let's become silent nuns for a week lottie

Bitta craic. Can tell the grandkids.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
          Let's become silent nuns for a week lottie

Bitta craic. Can tell the grandkids.
          I'm in for this. Can you elaborate on what it involves and some provisional dates for said week.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
            I'm in for this. Can you elaborate on what it involves and some provisional dates for said week.
            There's a Christian retreat somewhere in dublin so something is possible. We should try involve a prop bet and do something. Let's say some week in the future?

Who is hamza on yo?

Comment

There's a Christian retreat somewhere in dublin so something is possible. We should try involve a prop bet and do something. Let's say some week in the future?

Who is hamza on yo?
              Sounds like you have prior knowledge of this Christian retreat, anything you'd like to share with the group?

In the future is good, my calendar in the past is choca.

No idea, only have you and mick flair on there so far. yo!

Comment

Collectively, how many times have we passed through Dublin Airport since ehonda made his claim? 50? 100? 250?

I think we should keep track.

This is for you eamon:

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                  Kid is an utter cunt. Fully justified.

We should get our kids together Hitch. Give them both a plastic spoons and see whos genes are stronger. Nah ina ll seriousness if you fancy a play date give me a shout over next month or so.
                  Lads in fairness I don't think the kids will be able to mind ye if the 2 of ye get together. It's more riot police and ambulances you lads need to monitor your play dates.

Comment

Sounds like you have prior knowledge of this Christian retreat, anything you'd like to share with the group?

In the future is good, my calendar in the past is choca.

No idea, only have you and mick flair on there so far. yo!
                    I've mick too and some random fucker called hamza.

I do have previous experience and knowledge. I'll save it for my well in 2017.

Comment

maybe it is glenn, tell him to add me on yo. I love how their app graphic is just a budget purple square. yo is the nuts.

Comment

Struggling to sleep tonight. Don't know why. Got up at 10am with a bad hangover and went to Newbridge and back. Feel wrecked but brain just won't shut down

Comment

maybe it is glenn, tell him to add me on yo. I love how their app graphic is just a budget purple square. yo is the nuts.
                          Will do. It's the greatest app ever.

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                          Struggling to sleep tonight. Don't know why. Got up at 10am with a bad hangover and went to Newbridge and back. Feel wrecked but brain just won't shut down
                          Try a coffee. Should send you to the land of nod.

Comment

Mind = blown

This is another excellent actuation of Tom Thum at TEDxSydney
                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Try a coffee. Should send you to the land of nod.
                              Normally a coffee actually helps but don't think it will tonight. Currently blowing stuff up in some playstation game so hope that helps

Comment

I find a nice cup of camomile tea and a sleeping tablet does the trick.

Comment

I find a nice cup of camomile tea and a sleeping tablet does the trick.
                                  Yeah I made a cup of regular tea. Put on some easy listening music and seems to be working. I think my housemate just made toast though the prick. Love the smell of toast

Comment

tbf he should have offered to make you toast, poor form.

I love toast, when done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                      Every day is good to be a white dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rnFlQAvk8U
                                      Unless you live in Ireland, in which case class and religion are much greater predictors of economic and social status than race or gender.
                                      "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

tbf he should have offered to make you toast, poor form.

I love toast, when done right.
                                        Exactly. I shared my pizza the other night too. I offered a slice and the fucker took 3!! 3 slices. I was starved. Toast is awesome. Tea and toast on a cold morning or after a sesh is the nuts

Comment

He sounds like a bad egg.

Comment

I only moved in like a month ago and these are the only two things. BUT... they involve food so.......

I don't like to share food.

Comment

I'm so glad I don't live in South Africa. If I did then there'd be a decent chance I'd have raped somebody. And not like pretend rape but real actual rape.
                                              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                I'm so glad I don't live in South Africa. If I did then there'd be a decent chance I'd have raped somebody. And not like pretend rape but real actual rape.
                                                Or been raped. Possibly

Comment

tbh dobman, if you don't like sharing food - you shouldn't have offered him any pizza in the first place but I can understand that you perhaps were aiming to lay a foundation of housemate harmony.

That being said, him taking three slices was a massive 'fuck you' and a knowing smug yet silent declaration of war on his part.
                                                  He may as well have taken his lad out and bent over your nearest loved relative right in front of you. This would have been a similar statement as the taking THREE slices of your pizza in my view.

You have effectively labelled yourself as his bitch, a role it doesn't sound like you are happy to conform to.

Thus this leads to me ponder, what are you planning to do to correct the balance in this power struggle, having been humiliated by having your genuine and understandable attempt at a low level of acceptable housemate friendship thrown right back in your face with vigor, in humiliating fashion?

Comment

Hahaha. I needed that laugh. Great post. And thought provoking. I will have a think of my next action, I think some kind of kitchen utensil trolling is in order. Will report back at a later date. Open to suggestions

Comment

On the subject of kids bullying each other I've a 10 year old girl here, she's unbelievably innocent for her age and only started playing sports last year, she joined the local girls Gaelic football team and for the first couple of weeks she would come home from training in bad form, and wouldn't tell us why, she eventually did say that two girls were 'being mean' to her, if course her mother told her to tell the leaders and they would sort it out. This is never the way to go obv, so I took her aside and told her to stand up for herself, if those girls started on her again she was to tell them where to go. (She's tall for 9, and strong so I suggested she throw the odd shoulder at them in a tackle)

Anyway, we collected her the next training and the leader came over and told us that Caoimhe, her name obv, had been in an altercation with one of the other girls, her mam insta says 'ah she told us some of the girls were being mean to her and we told her to tell you'. I'm running at this stage.

Apparently one of the girls had called her some names and she just floored her with a shoulder tackle while there were all standing around, not in a match like I had suggested, just wandered over to her and blasted her out of her boots!

Of course our one says, wasn't my fault mammy, she was mean to me and daddy told me to burst her. I Haven't been back to a match or training since and the dog slept better than me for that week

Comment

Hahaha. I needed that laugh. Great post. And thought provoking. I will have a think of my next action, I think some kind of kitchen utensil trolling is in order. Will report back at a later date. Open to suggestions
                                                        Obv the next time you get a pizza cover it in dog shit or something and watch that greedy bastard eat it then, maybe not dog shit but you get the idea, and make sure you know which slices are compromised or it could get tricky

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                          Obv the next time you get a pizza cover it in dog shit or something and watch that greedy bastard eat it then, maybe not dog shit but you get the idea, and make sure you know which slices are compromised or it could get tricky
                                                          I once had an awful goober of a housemate in cork,
                                                          Literally the personification of a pig.
                                                          Pretty much knew they were eating food that wasn't theirs from the fridge and cupboards.

Bought dog chocolate buttons.
                                                          Exhibit A:
                                                          SPOILER

Put them in a bowl on the table in front of the tv, and sat back waiting for the inevitable.

Every so often they'd say 'oh I shouldn't be eating these, I'd ask why - expecting a 'cos they're not mine and I really shouldn't have just scoffed 3/4 of the bowl of delicious dog chocolate without even asking who bought them or you know, a polite question to have one etc statement.
                                                          Oh no, the answer was highly amusing:
                                                          I'm on a diet.

Told them they should go for a walkies.
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ha! Reminds me of the time a lad was getting bullied by 3 of the lads he shared digs with at Uni, they made his life hell as they wanted one of their own mates to get his room and tried to drive him out of the house. Their antics worked but before he left he carefully removed the flora from the tub, put one of his logs in the tub and carefully put the flora back in. It was a few week before it was discovered.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                              snapchat is good ould banter tonight, add me m_gav
                                                              Make more snaps with your friend thank you please
                                                              It's all an illusion

Comment

I think it's great that your kids are getting picked on at this young stage, builds character.
                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Who is hamza on yo?
                                                                  IPB meetup at christian retreat, pretend to be over the top pious and then start subtly trolling when the image and bible quotes have set in. Become less subtle trolls over week until people break down and cry.

Where's your god now.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                    I think it's great that your kids are getting picked on at this young stage, builds character.
                                                                    She needs these tough lessons from the creche of life, leave her to me hitch, I'll interrogate her and reprogram her for free.

Comment

What's the deal with these ten day no phone retreats.
                                                                      Think I would get confused after a few hours of been disconnected from the tekkers, not a good thing clearly.
                                                                      It's a Vipassana retreat: http://www.dhamma.org/en/about/vipassana

Comment

Did ye hear about the magic tractor? It drove down the road and turned into a field.
                                                                        It's all an illusion

Comment

Day 2 in killarney didn't last long. Busto. Currently debating on 150 side or beer. Edging towards beer

Comment

I'm in agony today. Spent yesterday at home in Sligo engaged in the very culchie activity of bringing home the turf. My back and upper legs are in bits now. Family BBQ and bonfire last night then as well, good night all round.

SPOILER
                                                                            Last edited by 6starpool; 22-06-14, 12:49.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                              I'm in agony today. Spent yesterday at home in Sligo engaged in the very culchie activity of bringing home the turf. My back and upper legs are in bits now. Family BBQ and bonfire last night then as well, good night all round.

SPOILER
                                                                              jaysus... more like a bushfire
                                                                              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post

SPOILER
                                                                                Obv u had the comments thrown at u "How soft Dublin living has made u!" I am still hanging from a BBQ at a friends last night!

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                  Plein d'autres vidéos sur mon site : http://histoiredurock.tumblr.com/ ou ma page facebook : https://www.facebook.com/Histoiredurockenvideos

Comment

Clare giving Kerry a good game
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

The way everyone on the BBC queues up to stick the boot into Fabio Capello is quite noticeable, he appears to be treated completely differently from the other England managers who failed before him.

Comment

Haven't been impressed with Lukaku at all in his 2 games thus far, thought they would have started the young lad that replaced him in the last game.

Comment

Wow, what a game
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            Wow, what a game
                                                                                            Hurling
                                                                                            What a finish, last two points were extraordinary, pure class from two great players.
                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                              The way everyone on the BBC queues up to stick the boot into Fabio Capello is quite noticeable, he appears to be treated completely differently from the other England managers who failed before him.
                                                                                              Seriously? Haven't seen the Capello stuff but Swedes 2 0 Turnips, Hoddle and Sven treated like complete jokes during and after their reigns as manager.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                Seriously? Haven't seen the Capello stuff but Swedes 2 0 Turnips, Hoddle and Sven treated like complete jokes during and after their reigns as manager.
                                                                                                That was the print media wasn't it?
                                                                                                Genuinely can't think of any instance in this World Cup where the TV pundits have had a pop at McClaren, Hoddle (who has a cushy number as a pundit himself), Keegan etc even though they would be easy targets.

Yet Capello is often mentioned with references to South African prision hotels, language issues, player relations etc, and the BBC seem happy to get quotes from the players about all the problems. Presumably it would be trivially easy to get quotes from players about Keegans lack of tactical knowledge but they never did this.

The Capello stuff seems a bit nasty - he eased through qualification twice (this was after the McClaren 2008 disaster), got through the group at the World Cup before an exit on penalties (lol standard) and honorably resigned because of interference from the FA as to who to appoint captain.

Comment

Did Gary Lineker just have another go at Capello there about all his games being boring or something?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

The Capello stuff seems a bit nasty - he eased through qualification twice (this was after the McClaren 2008 disaster), got through the group at the World Cup before an exit on penalties (lol standard) and honorably resigned because of interference from the FA as to who to appoint captain.
                                                                                                    Did they not get stuffed by Germany?

And finish second to USA in the group stage, come to think of it.
                                                                                                    Last edited by KK82; 22-06-14, 17:17.

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                      Did they not get stuffed by Germany?

And finish second to USA in the group stage, come to think of it.
                                                                                                      Hmmmm, should have researched that bit a little more, had a picture in my head of a penalty shootout defeat to Portugal but that was actually 2006 under Svennis.
                                                                                                      Still think he's getting treated a little harshly though

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                        One in two women in South Africa will be raped in their lifetime.

Now Zuma probably got elected on a ticket of raising that number, but it's still very impressive by any standards (where "any" does not include Democratic Republic of Congo).

Can anyone who has been to South Africa confirm that 50% of the women dress suggestively?
                                                                                                        50% of the white women are utter bitches. Goes with the servant thing. They have nothing to do while their husband is at work (obv. couldn't be getting a job) so tend to wear 100k worth of jewellry to expensive restaurants and whinge to their mates about the attitude of their servants. Not a big fan although quite a high percentage do look like Charlize Theron.
                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Hurling eh? Bloody hell.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                            Hurling eh? Bloody hell.
                                                                                                            Strange sight to see Kilkenny in trouble at both full and centre back at various points, Callanan should have done better for all 3 goals conceded.

Spectacular comeback from 10 points down and 7 minutes left.

Comment

Listening to TB Sheets for the first time.

Feel cheated that I'm 38 years old and I've never heard this before.

Comment

Opened an account with BetVictor recently to bet on some specific World Cup market. Log in and place some bets. Tried logging in there and I'm told my account is closed. I check my emails and basically I have an age verification email. Fair enough requesting this immediately, but allowing me to place bets and then requesting it? If I was 17 and had turned €100 into 10k, I assume the account would be closed and money confiscated. If I was 17, and had lost 10k, and now can't produce documentation to prove my age, would the 10k be refunded?
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                  Opened an account with BetVictor recently to bet on some specific World Cup market. Log in and place some bets. Tried logging in there and I'm told my account is closed. I check my emails and basically I have an age verification email. Fair enough requesting this immediately, but allowing me to place bets and then requesting it? If I was 17 and had turned €100 into 10k, I assume the account would be closed and money confiscated. If I was 17, and had lost 10k, and now can't produce documentation to prove my age, would the 10k be refunded?
                                                                                                                  €100 would be refunded in the first case. 10k in the second.

Comment

Made this lemonade today.

Used sparkling water, pretty damn good, tastes exactly like Club Lemon.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                                                                      Just started watching Breaking Bad today, downloaded all 5 series, I'm on episode 4 season 1, good stuff so far.
                                                                                                                      Done and dusted, 62 episodes in 12 days, cracking series.

Downloaded all episodes of The Wire but I'll probably take a break and catch up on work before tackling them.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                        €100 would be refunded in the first case. 10k in the second.
                                                                                                                        So is there a freeroll possibility of opening an account, betting big, and then claiming you're 17?
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Confirmed Busto View Post
                                                                                                                          Made this lemonade today.

Used sparkling water, pretty damn good, tastes exactly like Club Lemon.
                                                                                                                          Username change cliffs?
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X