• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont care what the secret thread is saying/doing

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
      What's with all the hating on spreadbetting btw?

The way I see it they are useful in certain circumstances and allow people to take geared bets or to derisk elements of their portfolio quickly. Therefore they have a genuine function which is useful.

The problem seems to be that people have an issue with the house making money from providing the service and preying on people with gambling tendencies who will always find new and interesting ways to spuck their dough.

Which is a bit rich for poker players to be moaning about imo.
      This is really the crux of it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with financial spread betting and\or spread betting in the hands of financially-literate people with a good understanding of risk management.
      Marketing these products to gamblers is akin to allowing your local friendly heroin dealer a pitch at Narcotics Anonymous. It doesn't sit well with me.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I can connect to other websites, but I can't connect to rte.ie. I've tried other browsers and I know it's up so it's just my network connection at home. Any suggestions for why this might be?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          I can connect to other websites, but I can't connect to rte.ie. I've tried other browsers and I know it's up so it's just my network connection at home. Any suggestions for why this might be?
          Licence fee.
          They've heard every excuse.
          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
            Licence fee.
            Sadly that's not a saving I'm currently making.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Same here Dom.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                This is really the crux of it. There's absolutely nothing wrong with financial spread betting and\or spread betting in the hands of financially-literate people with a good understanding of risk management.
                Marketing these products to gamblers is akin to allowing your local friendly heroin dealer a pitch at Narcotics Anonymous. It doesn't sit well with me.
                Do you think it will attract many genuinely interested people?

Also is the Marcus Sweeney person invloved that perma-tanned lad from the Celtic Tiger era?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                  Licence fee.
                  Which flavour of Doritos is your favourite? I'd like them all ranked in order.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                    HitchHikerShirt.jpg
                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Quit spread betting in 1996 after betting on Scotland to score a goal within 110mins IIRC in UEFA championship at £10 per min. Had a get out when Scotland awarded a penalty in 2nd game against England (after 0:0 v Holland) but Gary McAllister missed it and Scotland lost 2:0. They got a goal in last game against Swiss at end of 1st half but cost me over £1,000.

Still now get an odd letter and even phonecall from 'spreadex' asking if I am coming back ......

Sure is fun and can make loads but jeez it can hurt you summit bad as well

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Also is the Marcus Sweeney person invloved that perma-tanned lad from the Celtic Tiger era?
                        Used to train in the same gym as him years ago, some poser, he used to leave his Porche keys lying around while he lifted weights. I used to think he was an absolute tosser but I subsequently had a few interactions with him and thought he was sound enough.

Still a tosser for the Porsche keys though.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Breaking Bad S4. Wow. Incredible last few episodes.

Comment

Are we really not permitted to tell even family members about that horse from the scoop forum, I know it will drive the price down and all but it seems unfair that we can't even give the tip to family.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              Are we really not permitted to tell even family members about that horse from the scoop forum, I know it will drive the price down and all but it seems unfair that we can't even give the tip to family.
                              ffs Lazare - use the Scoop6 forum.

Comment

Stop being disrespectful, this is a huge opportunity for the people in the know.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                  ffs Lazare - use the Scoop6 forum.
                                  Shit. Sorry.

Comment

Sorry again lads, prob shouldn't have posted that in here.

Just feel a little bad that I can't even tell my Da.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                      Stop being disrespectful, this is a huge opportunity for the people in the know.
                                      I have no share in the scoop 6 but would be of the opinion that if you are on to a good thing from the hard of a few why would you tell others including family who are not shareholders as this undermines the reason it was set up in private.
                                      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Awww yeah, been too long since I had listen to this

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                          I have no share in the scoop 6 but would be of the opinion that if you are on to a good thing from the hard of a few why would you tell others including family who are not shareholders as this undermines the reason it was set up in private.
                                          I know, I know. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCwfUX58IZw
                                            Come to sonar with me and catch them live..
                                            airport, lol

Comment

Lazare you are quickly becoming a liability. Watch your step.

Comment

No idea. It's a bit strange that a Google search turns up, eh, IPB as the only link though.

Who? Although it sounds like I should know who he is.
                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  Ah man, Sonar would actually kill me now I fear

Comment

Pussies.

Will share information for % or fee.

Comment

@Laz, i was "that" close to getting tickets for the button factory last month, have Bob in 3 weeks so had to prioritize. Enjoy Vicar St.
                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                        @Laz, i was "that" close to getting tickets for the button factory last month, have Bob in 3 weeks so had to prioritize. Enjoy Vicar St.
                                                        Cheers man, real pity, would love to have bumped into you.

Comment

You like them then Ole?

Comment

I see Laz got barred from Scoop6 thread, WP Rob IMO

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                              I see Laz got barred from Scoop6 thread, WP Rob IMO
                                                              Really unfair.

Mods, any chance of letting me back in?

Comment

You like them then Ole?
                                                                I certainly don't dislike them.
                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Got the car serviced today, mechanic tells me the diff is gone, the part from manufacturers is >€1k.

Seems like so much more money when its not something you'll actually get any benefit from. At least those fancy BBQs make sexy looking steaks.

Comment

Saw Massive Attack in the Olympia in the late 90s supporting Mezzanine and it was one of the best sounding (and therefore best) gigs i've ever been too.

And i really wasn't expecting that then or still to be saying it 15-odd years later.

I hope they can still delight. If they can it'll be amazing.

Comment

Oh, Godzilla is terrible, i wasn't expecting much but even with that in mind it was still a let down.

SPOILER
                                                                      Cheeky cunts pumping the Brian Cranston angle.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Oh, Godzilla is terrible, i wasn't expecting much but even with that in mind it was still a let down.

SPOILER
                                                                        Cheeky cunts pumping the Brian Cranston angle.
                                                                        Should of gone to see X-Men. Best film I've seen this year (Frank is close).

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                          Should of gone to see X-Men. Best film I've seen this year (Frank is close).
                                                                          I passed on that last night with the brother to do tonight with the young fellow, he said it was class allright.
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

making fat frogs with grey goose, yolo

Comment

Football Chairman game

Been playing this for a while now, brilliant stuff, like early championship manager and its possible to fly through the seasons as well, can recommend the full version but there is a lite app to try out too

Build a football empire. Create a football club from scratch, starting as a tiny non-league team, and see if you can make it through seven divisions to the very top!

Comment

There's still a few spots left in the World Cup Randomness Sweep. Just €20 buys you entry, and if your randomly drawn team can click any of the below requirements, you'll win some money!
                                                                                • World Cup Winners
                                                                                • World Cup Runners Up
                                                                                • Golden Boot Winner
                                                                                • Golden Ball Winner
                                                                                • Young Player of the Tournament
                                                                                • Most Assists
                                                                                • Win All 3 group games (€60 kitty to be split between however many teams fulfil this)
                                                                                • Lose all 3 group games (€60 kitty to be split between however many teams fulfil this)
                                                                                • Team that Scores the Most Goals
                                                                                • Team that Scores the Least Goals
                                                                                • Team that Concedes the Most Goals
                                                                                • Most Goals scored in a game (€20 per team)
                                                                                • First Scored Penalty
                                                                                • First Missed Penalty
                                                                                • Fastest Goal
                                                                                • First Headed Goal
                                                                                • First Direct Free Kick Scored
                                                                                • First Own Goal
                                                                                • First Substitute to Score
                                                                                • First Hattrick (+3 goals)
                                                                                • Oldest Goalscorer
                                                                                • Youngest Goalscorer
                                                                                • First Penalty Shootout Winner
                                                                                • First 0-0 (€20 per team)
                                                                                • First Red Card
                                                                                • Team with Most Yellow Cards

Sign up here --> http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...318#post804318

Comment

Football Chairman game

Been playing this for a while now, brilliant stuff, like early championship manager and its possible to fly through the seasons as well, can recommend the full version but there is a lite app to try out too

http://www.football-chairman.com/
                                                                                  Is it anything like the old LMA manager on playstation? Used to love that game
                                                                                  meh thought I could get it on pc anyone know anything like it for pc?
                                                                                  take sweets from strangers, lose everything!

Comment

Originally posted by 4ofakind1489 View Post
                                                                                    Is it anything like the old LMA manager on playstation? Used to love that game
                                                                                    meh thought I could get it on pc anyone know anything like it for pc?
                                                                                    Football manager/championship manager?
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Cringe. What a fuckin tool

Comment

Football manager/championship manager?
                                                                                        Are full versions available to just download online?

Comment

He dances like me.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

On my phone so no links but the classic ones are free AFAIK.

Comment

Nah you'd have to pay. Haven't played one in ages it was so addictive. Not for a man who liked sleep or social interaction
                                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                                                                                Saw Massive Attack in the Olympia in the late 90s supporting Mezzanine and it was one of the best sounding (and therefore best) gigs i've ever been too.

And i really wasn't expecting that then or still to be saying it 15-odd years later.

I hope they can still delight. If they can it'll be amazing.
                                                                                                I was at that gig, Horace Andy joined them on stage for a couple of tracks. Definitely one of my favourite gigs.
                                                                                                48

Comment

Nah you'd have to pay. Haven't played one in ages it was so addictive. Not for a man who liked sleep or social interaction
                                                                                                  Yea I'm afraid of that but quite bored atm and not playing tonight gearing up for weekend grind so have some spare time fuck it lets go

Comment

Never noticed before that Tom Waits was a bit of a comedy show live in the early years

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Another favourite

And all time tops

Eddie graces buick got 4 bullet holes in the side
                                                                                                    Charlie delisle sittin at the top of an avocado tree
                                                                                                    Mrs stormll stab you with a steak knife if you step on her
                                                                                                    Lawn
                                                                                                    I got a half pack of lucky strikes man come along with me
                                                                                                    Lets fill our pockets with macadamia nuts
                                                                                                    Then go over to bobby goodmansons
                                                                                                    And jump off the roof

Hilda plays strip poker
                                                                                                    And her mamas across the street
                                                                                                    Joey navinski says she put her tongue in his mouth
                                                                                                    Dicky faulkners got a switchblade
                                                                                                    And some gooseneck risers
                                                                                                    That eucalyptus is a hunchback
                                                                                                    Theres a wind up from the south
                                                                                                    Let me tie you up with kite string
                                                                                                    And i'll show you the scabs on my knee
                                                                                                    Watch out for the broken glass, put your shoes and socks
                                                                                                    On and come along with me

Lets follow that fire track
                                                                                                    I think your house is burnin down
                                                                                                    The go down to the hobo jungle and kill some rattle
                                                                                                    Snakes with a trowel
                                                                                                    We'll break all the windows in the old anderson place
                                                                                                    And steal a bunch of boysenberrys
                                                                                                    And smear em on our face
                                                                                                    I'll get a dollar from my mamas purse
                                                                                                    And buy that scull and crossbones ring
                                                                                                    And you can wear it around your neck on an old piece of
                                                                                                    String

Then we'll spit on ronnie arnold
                                                                                                    And flip him the bird
                                                                                                    And slash the tires on the school bus
                                                                                                    Now don't say a word
                                                                                                    I'll take a rusty nail and scratch your initials on my arm
                                                                                                    And i'll show you how to sneak up on the roof of the
                                                                                                    Drugstore

Take the spokes from your wheelchair
                                                                                                    And a magpies wings
                                                                                                    And tie em to your shoulders and your feet
                                                                                                    I'll steal a hacksaw from my dad
                                                                                                    And cut the braces off your legs
                                                                                                    And we'll bury them tonight in the cornfield

Put a church key in your pocket
                                                                                                    We'll hop that freight train in the hall
                                                                                                    And we'll slide down the drain all the way
                                                                                                    To new orleans in the fall
                                                                                                    Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Its mad how things can change in a five min phone call.

was talking to himself the other night and we both agreed the long times apart ie 4 months ish is taking its toll, its really not worth it. I dont think we can do much more of it. He is heading back wed and we havent had one night on our own yet. Its depressing no money is worth that.

Then out of the blue he gets a call from his old boss and best friend asking will he go to Qatar in the next few days. 8 weeks on 2 weeks off and home to us he has till 10 am tomorrow morning to make up his mind. All happened so quick I am in total shock here, very strange day indeed.

If I get my dream job fingers crossed it will be awesome.
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Fucking great gig.

Comment

Best of luck Sats, hope everything works out awesome

Comment

Cheers for the through reply Richie.
                                                                                                            Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                                                            I would clarify first off if the recruiter sent in your expected salary as what you are looking for. If not why not and what if any level did they put down. If this has been done than the company can have no big surprise that you are expecting what you are expecting. 90% of offers I get are exactly on the money so it is the standard for them to know before they call you for interview.
                                                                                                            I'm not complete sure what happened.
                                                                                                            I think basically the position was with the recruiter before I was. I met them last friday and they thought I fit this current position perfectly. When I met them, I gave a range for expected salary, and she jotted done the mid value as a figure.
                                                                                                            This is when they told be about the role, said they are looking to pay $X, which was a decent bit below the mid value she wrote down. But I decided to settle on that for the role, the initial offer was under by the same amount again.

Since you have the offer and they have agreed to meet you halfway they obviously want you which does give you the stronger negotiating position. More importantly the guy who has decided to hire you does not care about the money side if its a big company as a rule and this is finance and hr counting the pennies so internal pressure will help you as generally the line managers get what they want.
                                                                                                            That's what i'm thinking, that this is purely a HR/procurement delay. It's friday now, so hopefully it'll be wrapped up before the weekend.

I would stick to your guns but ask the recruiter how long they have been working with this company and check to see how senior your recruiter is. If they have been at it for a few years they will let you know when the offer is going to be pulled and give you a final call to make if they are really green than be carefull.
                                                                                                            Hopefully they are savvy enough to let me know. It sounded yesterday that they were off getting approval, but i'm not sure.

I got a message from a guy I know in a separate division of the company saying
                                                                                                            "insider info: looks like we'll be colleagues soon"

But he might be referring to the initial offer.

What I would advise is sending an email to your recruiter outlining why you got the offer. This will be technical experience, culture fit for the company, extra qualifications etc etc and also that you have come down from whatever already to the expected level and wont go any lower. Keep it well spaced and easy to read points. The reasons for this is they can either send it direct to the client or they can use it to have all the info to close easily on hand. I generally get my candidates to send me this after final rounds to help get the offer in and close it out after.
                                                                                                            Cheers for the tip. I'll give it until lunchtime today and write that email.
                                                                                                            Hopefully I get a call at 11am ish.

Comment

CC:

"Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                Wives are good, you will be along time finding that out I would imagine
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                                                                                                  Who killed hotspur
                                                                                                                  Guess who?
                                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCwfUX58IZw
                                                                                                                    One of my fave albums. It being 16 years old is scary...Funny enough it's one of my choices of albums when I'm out golfing by myself..Highly relaxing!

Man Next Door is all kinds of fantastic.

Comment

Some bitch is never coming back here no more

And this old one we used in a play many many moons ago

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

msn is right, wives are good.
                                                                                                                        She's a wife, and I've had nothing but the craic with her since we met. Not a bit of hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                          Cheers for the tip. I'll give it until lunchtime today and write that email.
                                                                                                                          Hopefully I get a call at 11am ish.
                                                                                                                          Bingo!!!!

10.55am and the recruiter comes back to me saying they agreed to the initial (implied) salary.

Ship, ship.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X