This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
    I was thinking about this whole thing a couple of weeks ago and I got to thinking about all the regs from here and boards and all the theory threads.

Theory threads were where it was at, there was no bbv, it kinda just spontaneously sprouted. Although I think it was originally a 2+2 thing that we stole. It's mad to think that the bbv is now the lifeblood of the site, it is the community.

I was thinking of different posters, regs in the theory threads and TommyGunne came to mind, then I saw him post a week or so ago saying he hasn't played in over a year, dude was balls deep in poker knowledge. There's very few left that still have the goo for it. Actually,Flushdraw is probably the only one I can think of that's still in love with the game.
    I wouldn't go that far! I've as much hate for the game as i do love for it! Think there's very few cash game players now that could say they loved it but i know a lot of MTT guys that still play as much now as they did years ago. I suppose the driving factor is you know there's always a chance of a 4/5 figure score every night you play, the springboard to bigger and better games. The game has not been too unkind to me, and i've got some of my biggest scores when i needed some money so it's always reassured me that there's still money to be made when i'm starting to get really pissed off with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Holllaments was funny, started the whole staking thing too I think.
      Yeah, Hollllaments was great craic. Rooney_Dives, there's another one.
      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
        I wouldn't go that far! I've as much hate for the game as i do love for it! Think there's very few cash game players now that could say they loved it but i know a lot of MTT guys that still play as much now as they did years ago. I suppose the driving factor is you know there's always a chance of a 4/5 figure score every night you play, the springboard to bigger and better games. The game has not been too unkind to me, and i've got some of my biggest scores when i needed some money so it's always reassured me that there's still money to be made when i'm starting to get really pissed off with it.
        Dude, you were watching EPT this morning at 9am

Seriously though, you're the last of the original boardsies (Davids, lol, remember that) that is still heavily interested in the game.

Comment

I am off to bed as I can no longer keep the eyes open past 12 usually. Oh conor cant wait till you reach fatherhood. another legend will bite the dust, you will be so busy you wont have time to piss"! I have future visions of this :

SPOILER
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
            I am off to bed as I can no longer keep the eyes open past 12 usually. Oh conor cant wait till you reach fatherhood. another legend will bite the dust, you will be so busy you wont have time to piss"! I have future visions of this :

SPOILER
            Don't think Lazare would ever do anything that reckless.

He loves his guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post

SPOILER
              Ahhh.

I won't be taking such pics, too much chance of pukage. My loyalties would be tested.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I don't think many 'loved' poker, they loved the money they could make or in the case of those who were losers even back in 2006 there was still the realistic possibility of fluking a big score. Unfortunately nowadays the chances of drunkenly binking a decent MTT with little knowledge are slim to none. Ultimately its good that people gave up when they could no longer beat it, hopefully most who got out didn't burn 100% of their winnings thinking it was a temporary downswing.

I keep chugging away at $5 to $15 SNGs - it remains a steady completely non-life-changing ~€2K a year win. Glad I never played cash because it would probably be heart breaking to have had to go from $5/$10 to 10c/20c to find a beatable game. Still not sure what a HUD is though, suspect I may be the last person playing bareback.

Comment

Watched 6 hours straight of True detective today.
                    Am looking forward to a rewatch soon.
                    Question:
                    SPOILER
                    what were the caves built for at the end
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

12 of 13 episodes into season 4 of The Wire and really not getting the love and all the 'best series' accolades.
                      The central story of the fuckedup education system in Baltimore and its effects on a variety of 13 year olds is high up there in the table of 'things I could not care less about'.
                      Just a feature length finale to go, unless it delivers big time I'm ranking it 2>3>1>4 so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                        Before I go, let me tell you about a brainwave I had last week. It would be a machine where you can come home, pop a potato in the machine, and it would produce freshly made and seasoned potato crisps. Does this exist? Is it possible?
                        I don't know how to do that or if there is such a machine, but I think it's an awesome idea. Let's build it.

I had a brainwave last week too, well more of a vision of the future. The future of TV.

What's next for television? We've seen a massive evolution of the TV in my lifetime, from the flickering black and white of my early childhood through the advent of remote control all the way to the current liquid display, ultra high definition super thin state of the art.

My vision is this, TV in a bucket.

You buy your TV in liquid form, like paint. Exactly like paint. You paint your walls, floor and ceiling with it, and maybe all your furniture. It's transparent, odourless and wireless and when you switch it on your whole room becomes your screen. You're in the screen. It's all around you, on the floor, on the ceiling, underneath you.

You're not watching the screen, you're in the screen.

You heard it here first.
                        Last edited by Lazare; 19-04-14, 00:48.

Comment

Dave Callaghan (can't remember his handle).

Before I go, let me tell you about a brainwave I had last week. It would be a machine where you can come home, pop a potato in the machine, and it would produce freshly made and seasoned potato crisps. Does this exist? Is it possible?
                          Just buy crisps?
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

I don't know how to do that or if there is such a machine, but I think it's an awesome idea. Let's build it.

I had a brainwave last week too, well more of a vision of the future. The future of TV.

What's next for television? We've seen a massive evolution of the TV in my lifetime, from the flickering black and white of my early childhood through the advent of remote control all the way to the current liquid display, ultra high definition super thin state of the art.

My vision is this, TV in a bucket.

You buy your TV in liquid form, like paint. Exactly like paint. You paint your walls, floor and ceiling with it, and maybe all your furniture. It's transparent, odourless and wireless and when you switch it on your whole room becomes your screen. You're in the screen. It's all around you, on the floor, on the ceiling, underneath you.

You're not watching the screen, you're in the screen.

You heard it here first.
                            Start a kickerstarter for it, probably have $2m by Monday.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                            12 of 13 episodes into season 4 of The Wire and really not getting the love and all the 'best series' accolades.
                            The central story of the fuckedup education system in Baltimore and its effects on a variety of 13 year olds is high up there in the table of 'things I could not care less about'.
                            Just a feature length finale to go, unless it delivers big time I'm ranking it 2>3>1>4 so far.
                            I watched the same amount as you, it was gash. I've never given anything else more 2 episodes (1 typically) to grab me, I made an exception for it due to the obscene hype.
                            Awful muck.

Bail out now AJ and join me, we are renegades tbf.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                            Question:
                            SPOILER
                            You've just gone and ruined it for me now.

Comment

We should have a 'Where the fook is?' thread.

We'll list former comrades and see if they holler back.

The two Zurophs, Cardshark, Roadsweeper, Hotspur, Ste05, Red joker, Halfbaked, etc etc (I drunkenly can't remember any more, please add)
                              roryc ever make the move over? (if so its under a different name I guess)
                              Think he was one of the reason the original boards.ie BBV was set up - to corral all his bad beat threads into one thread that no-one would ever bother reading.
                              Saw him a few weeks ago on the boards.ie Fantasy Football forum complaining bitterly about some bad luck, seemed very apt somehow.

Comment

Vader is Luke's Da.
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Vader is Luke's Da.
                                  zod is superman's da
                                  Hold up, that makes superman our brother.

Comment

Think he was one of the reason the original boards.ie BBV was set up - to corral all his bad beat threads into one thread that no-one would ever bother reading.
                                    Saw him a few weeks ago on the boards.ie Fantasy Football forum complaining bitterly about some bad luck, seemed very apt somehow.
                                    There were a couple I was trying to remember the name of, he was one. I don't think he joined us here.

Had great craic with him and a few others a few years ago at Connie's place in Killarney.

Goodluck2me is another one that was a huge part of the boards community but never migrated over. Don't know how I forgot about Joe, deadly craic.

Comment

Question:
                                      SPOILER
                                      lol you didn't wait until the credits stopped rolling at the end of the last episode did you?

Comment

Vader is Luke's Da.
                                        Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                        lol you didn't wait until the credits stopped rolling at the end of the last episode did you?
                                        hi our dave

Comment

Chelsea 4-0 Sunderland

Norwich 1-0 Liverpool

Comment

Chelsea 4-0 Sunderland

Norwich 1-0 Liverpool
                                            You're a liar.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                              You're a liar.
                                              You will believe us.

Comment

Been googling tonight trying to find a solution to a serious problem. Wife has made me remove all my belongings to accomodate another family which has caused me no end of heartache..

SPOILER
                                                dang robin built nest in shed and all my fishing gear has been moved to tool shed ..apparantly they dont mind human movement as long as you dont disturb nest but been told stay away ....sigh. It is cute seeing them fly in and out TBH though. this option is not an option !

Comment

Have you
                                                  tried this yet? Gave a bit of time to it today and its class. Used the BubbleUPuP video player for the streaming - €3.50 for the licence in the appstore. You install a BubbleUPuP server on your computer and then the app connects your torrent to that and translates it to Chromecast. Its rather good. Was streaming torrents to the tv within about 30 minutes of starting to blindly click buttons
                                                  Not yet been busy the last few days but fully intend to..Yes it just looked just so simple. Anything worth its salt now is making itself Chromecast compatible.

Comment

How can you not love poker
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

That's mad really, how we can have something that consumes our life so much and then move on. Was on the lower scale of that, but still absolutely obsessed with the game.
                                                      Yeah that hit me a few weeks back when someone was asking me what I did back in the day. From 2006-2010 it was by far the dominant thing in my life. I have never spent as much time learning, studying, thinking about any 1 topic as I did poker. From that I've gone to not playing a hand in nigh on 4 years and having absolutely no idea who won the last 3-4 main events etc. It's a little depressing to think how all that knowledge I acquired is broadly irrelevant to my current and likely future life.

I kind of have mixed feelings about it. I think the game itself is still really fascinating but everything surrounding was really grim. The semi legality, poker sites collapsing or de-frauding people of their money, UIGEA, staying up to stupid o'clock, having a job with practically 0 social interaction, the near contempt you find yourself treating money. The lifestyle takes a toll and looking back I'm glad I escaped it when I did.

In saying all that the money I made means I'm wholly debt free, funded my 2 year tour of Asia which in turn inspired me to keep travelling as I have (along with working) in Aus, soon to be New Zealand and hopefully central and south America 2015 & 2016. I mean I'm ridiculously lucky to be able just disappear for 5-6 years without any issues. If I hadn't played poker I highly doubt I would have done it.

Comment

lol, Rory is a good skin but he does love to have a moan alright. An in joke over there really

He made the move recently enough under his old moniker, promoting some poker forum/site he is involved in with the old Hendon mob players.

Comment

sup AJ

Comment

What was the story with that Kraken lad? It was sort of before my time.
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                              What was the story with that Kraken lad? It was sort of before my time.
                                                              He was sent to live as a ward of Ned Stark after his father rebelled against King Robert.

Comment

Full time from Leinster Minor Football

Offally 7-30 Kilkenny 0-2

What is the point exactly

Comment

Chelsea 4-0 Sunderland

Norwich 1-0 Liverpool
                                                                  You're a liar
                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                    Give over

It actually is Your Year this year. Enjoy the feeling for the rest of the games, the inevitability of it all regardless of what happens during the match. The knowledge that you're going to score that goal you need etc.

Chelsea will win the CL, Liverpool win the league, Arsenal manage to win a trophy & scrape into the CL and United finish high mid-table.

It's a full house this year...
                                                                    Inevitable...
                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Anyone know any decent spots in Belfast for a few sociables with herself later?

Comment

Watching Chelsea trying to lie their way to a result today. Lie, lie, lie. So many lies.

Comment

Now you're going to believe us.

Comment

This one goes out to Chadly and Maureen and that coach who just threw handbags from the touchline.

Comment

Mike Dean doing his best, even playing Sunderland through.

Comment

Mike Dean doing his best, even playing Sunderland through.
                                                                                Ah yeah all the ref's fault
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Now you're going to believe us.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                    Nice bonus to come home to this summer regardless. Dad trying to talk me into doing something with the Liverpool bet, going to let it ride the fook though, try and turn this two year China contract into just the one year.
                                                                                    Really hope you greened on sunderland!
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                      Ah yeah all the ref's fault
                                                                                      Did I say that?

Comment

girlfriend had some hawt young thang make me a peanut butter easter egg (vegan :-P) and deliver it today. Oh yes! Thought it was no eggs for me this year, mmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          Jaysus I thought you'd at least get the sarcasm.

I don't think I'd believe it if we won today and beat yous.

Liverpool fans can be genuinely excited now with a win tomorrow. It'll basically be over. We would send kids to anfield next weekend.

Liverpool are actually going to win the league.

Comment

Why did Mourinho not play Cech? bit of a gaffe from the Special One, especially considering Schwarzer gifted Sunderland their first.

Also, hopefully he gets a lengthy ban for his post-game comments - classless.
                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              Why did Mourinho not play Cech? bit of a gaffe from the Special One, especially considering Schwarzer gifted Sunderland their first.

Also, hopefully he gets a lengthy ban for his post-game comments - classless.
                                                                                              Has a virus.

He was the difference. He'd have held or pushed their first away.

Comment

Shout out to Sexton and RM92 who took Clermont apart to confirm their HCup place and move into 2nd in the incredibly tight T14.
                                                                                                I don't know if he'll stay there, but all talk of it being a disastrous year should end.

Comment

I thought Liverpool would win the league after the City game but at least give them a sweat ffs.
                                                                                                  Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Those who missed Mourinho's interview
                                                                                                    Last edited by Jibzzzz; 20-04-14, 12:39.

Comment

Ugggh have to say a bit sickened with the Chelsea result. Didn't feel good before the match today, felt Sunderland could cause a surprise. To make things worse, I had Cheslea HT/Sunderland FT at 150/1, and Chelsea 1-0 HT/Sunderland 2-1 FT at 225/1. Sickened at Chelsea losing and not even profiting from it :-(

/end moan

Have to give credit to Sunderland. They've been unlucky this season and nearly getting 2 wins against 2 of the top 3 sides in the league is an epic performance. Hope they stay up at the expense of West Brom.

Still hoping the league, the top 4, and staying up will all be decided on the last day. Really tough to see past Liverpool winning the league now, but hoping for another twist or two. Big game for them tomorrow.
                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...

Comment

What am I missing there?
                                                                                                          Lots of sarcasm

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                                                                            Lots of sarcasm
                                                                                                            will he get fined do you think? tough to 'prove' sarcasm and word-for-word he wasn't out of line
                                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...

Comment

Jaysus I thought you'd at least get the sarcasm.
                                                                                                                I got it.

Liverpool are actually going to win the league.
                                                                                                                I knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                  will he get fined do you think? tough to 'prove' sarcasm and word-for-word he wasn't out of line
                                                                                                                  Yeah I'd be confident he will. FA love money.

Comment

What am I missing there?
                                                                                                                    Bringing the game into disrepute, as if that were possible

What will happen to the scumbag on the Blue team what elbowed an opposing player in the face off the ball - multiple match ban? Fine of a few months salary?
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                      What will happen to the scumbag on the Blue team what elbowed an opposing player in the face off the ball - multiple match ban? Fine of a few months salary?
                                                                                                                      3+ match ban if they choose to 'cite' him (in soccer this can only happen if the referee has not seen the incident).
                                                                                                                      Fines tend not to be based on your salary, I always think it quite strange people think that such penalties should be calculated that way in sport but not in real life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                                                        girlfriend had some hawt young thang make me a peanut butter easter egg (vegan :-P) and deliver it today. Oh yes! Thought it was no eggs for me this year, mmmm.

snip

oh em gee, the whole shell of the easter egg is full of peanut butter goodness

Comment

Imagine watching that interview and not loving Mourinho.

The guy is amazing. He's bringing Ric Flair levels of mic work to the Premiership. So much love.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X