This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
    Said by about 10 other posters as well, you seem to be only one got carded.
    Originally posted by RuggieBear
    any more bottling talk or rog talk will result in bans
    criticism is fine but this is adding nothing.
    Not allowed to criticise Sexton or compare his goal kicking at key moments to O' Gara apparently.
    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

If you do what Rooney did on the street you would get arrested lol

Comment

Also that "forward" chant by the crowd when the passes were clearly fine was the most pathetic/desperate Irish act since we asked for 33 teams in the World Cup.
        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          Also that "forward" chant by the crowd when the passes were clearly fine was the most pathetic/desperate Irish act since we asked for 33 teams in the World Cup.
          + the booing for the kick at the end.

Comment

I don't really think that was bad sportsmanship or a pathetic gesture, just the crowd really hoping we'd get over the line. Thing of nothing imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
              Banned from the Rugby forum for calling Sexton a bottler.
              dont they know who you are??
              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                Pretty much single after almost kicking the girlfriend's dogs head clean off after she barked at some cat in the garden.
                Laughed hard.

Comment

Man I'm buzzed from that. In Joe we trust.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Lol.
                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                      Man I'm buzzed from that. In Joe we trust.
                      One of the last two games under Kidney were extremely similar in terms of performance and the manner of defeat. Irish teams put it up to New Zealand from time to time (big lead in the first half in Gatland's last game too). Schmidt has done nothing yet.
                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

I thought the early celebrating of a draw when he missed the first kick was also up near the top.

Comment

Awesome interviews from ROG, Schmidt and POC.

Comment

That was an unfortunate result. Ireland were pish second half though.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

One of the last two games under Kidney were extremely similar in terms of performance and the manner of defeat. Irish teams put it up to New Zealand from time to time (big lead in the first half in Gatland's last game too). Schmidt has done nothing yet.
                              He's had the team for 4 weeks Lloyd. I think he's done pretty well. Great squad selection. A clear game plan. No talking in riddles. Ill take it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                That was an unfortunate result. Ireland were pish second half though.
                                Have you ever played a physical sport?
                                Its impossible to keep up that intensity that they showed in the first 40.
                                Men not machines bodies tire mind tires.
                                You dont dominate the best team in the world for 80 mins.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                  He's had the team for 4 weeks Lloyd. I think he's done pretty well. Great squad selection. A clear game plan. No talking in riddles. Ill take it.
                                  - First off, in terms of results he's below expectation given the poor return against Aus;
                                  - The Squad Selection was not 'great'. It was conservative and short term, the kind of thing Kidney was slated for last year;
                                  - The way the Irish players applied themselves to the task today, any game plan would have been effective. Unbelievable physical effort;
                                  - There WAS NOT a clear game plan last week;
                                  - The interviews are irrelevant, it was a strange fixation on Kidney (similarities to people worrying about Trapp's command of English tbh);

Comment

- First off, in terms of results he's below expectation given the poor return against Aus;
                                    - The Squad Selection was not 'great'. It was conservative and short term, the kind of thing Kidney was slated for last year;
                                    - The way the Irish players applied themselves to the task today, any game plan would have been effective. Unbelievable physical effort;
                                    - The interviews are irrelevant, it was a strange fixation on Kidney (similarities to people worrying about Trapp's command of English tbh);
                                    lloyd maybe the buzz from the rowing talking some bollix now.
                                    Against oz he started Jack Mcgrath Started Marshall who would have been rode by Nonu in defence today.
                                    He is in the job a wet week.
                                    Communicating with the public is part of his job something he is good at.

Comment

Sorry Lloyd I think you're wrong but I really don't care to try to change your mind and it's probably an impossible task anyway.

Comment

Banned from the Rugby forum for calling Sexton a bottler.
                                        Both Murray and Sexton bottled it. Sexton with the kick and Murray with the box kick with only two mins to go.

Some great displays out there today, Kearney and Heaslip in particular.

Murray could be brilliant if only he'd stop fucking box kicking

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

I'm not even a rugby fan and I found that heartbreaking, I can only imagine how Emmet's girlfriend's dog feels.
                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I didn't watch the Ireland match but found Twitter/Facebook funny and how it changed over the coarse of the match from "COYBIG" to "useless cunts" etc
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Ah sure Ireland will get their revenge in a match that matters on 31st Oct 2015 ....

The official site of Rugby World Cup, with ticketing and event information, live streaming, news, videos, fixtures and results.

Comment

Weve been one outered many times but this one tops it!. In fairness to NZ when they got the penalty they didnt kick for touch for yds they ran it from hand which was commendable. They made it happen.
                                                  I hope when the dust settles and they can laugh about it the players rib those 2 wallies who ran out too early for the conversion charge down!.

Comment

The blue/red glasses applied to the Ireland team make reading about rugby on the internet almost a complete waste of time.

Comment

Playing poker and glancing up at the football occasionally, 65 mins gone and everytime I look at it for the first few seconds I assume Cardiff are in blue and MUFC in red.

Comment

Have a joint of beef roasting, I'm thinking of experimenting with mustard mash.

Gonna cream up the potatos with butter and cream, I usually add chopped coriander, may still do but this time I'm gonna mix in a dollop of mustard, probably dijon, I reckon it will work really well with the beef.

Has anyone ever tried it?

Could use horseradish too, hmmm, may try a little of each.
                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                          Playing poker and glancing up at the football occasionally, 65 mins gone and everytime I look at it for the first few seconds I assume Cardiff are in blue and MUFC in red.
                                                          Bluebirds in red and Red Devils in blue. Makes sense

Comment

Been some cracking sports games this weekend, Pats Broncos should round it off nicely at 1.30

Comment

The Munster fans trying to slate sexton are as bad if not worse than the Leinster fans trying to defend him

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                Been some cracking sports games this weekend, Pats Broncos should round it off nicely at 1.30
                                                                Survivor Series

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                  The blue/red glasses applied to the Ireland team make reading about rugby on the internet almost a complete waste of time.
                                                                  Yep. No real interest in either side but I thought Murray was outstanding today. Surprised to see others saying he bottled it.

Comment

The 'funny' thing is is that Jack McGrath conceded a penalty with 35s left on the clock with a referee telling him to stop or he'd penalise him and Sexton is the fall guy.

Or that Toner gave away a grade A stupid 3 points after 51 minutes, but still Sexton is the fall guy.

Or that the lead up to the NZ try in the first half there was a woefully poor clearance kick from Murray on our own 10m line that was overcooked, to a well placed back 3, who managed to run us raggedly through some phases before the beautiful kick from Cruden to put Savea over.

Or that Aaron Cruden, the guy who kicked the winning kick, missed a similarly kickable penalty.

Just the 4 errors that "if not made" make up the points required to win the game, and another error that if not made mean that Sexton's kick has no bearing.

But sure, focus on the mistake you want to.

You'll find a problem anywhere if you look hard enough and "want it" hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                      Yep. No real interest in either side but I thought Murray was outstanding today. Surprised to see others saying he bottled it.
                                                                      his best game in green.

Thought Declan Fitzpatrick was insanely good when he came on at TightHead. Must have made 6/7 carries in 5 minutes.

Comment

lol Rooney.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                          lol Rooney.
                                                                          Don't get why he doesn't shoot there.

Aside from anything else it was fucking Welbeck alongside him. The player most likely to fall over his feet while trying to kick the ball.

Another two stupid points dropped because the United squad has too many players who are either not good enough yet, or never will be for the team.

100+ points in fantasy football < the results all going against your team
                                                                          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                            I can only imagine how Emmet's girlfriend's dog feels.
                                                                            I'd say he nearly lost the head.
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post

Murray could be brilliant if only he'd stop fucking box kicking
                                                                              The 'funny' thing is is that Jack McGrath conceded a penalty with 35s left on the clock with a referee telling him to stop or he'd penalise him and Sexton is the fall guy.
                                                                              Anyone commenting on that one missed kick as the decisive moment on that endgame and not understanding that Murray's box kick was tens of times more awful while giving away a needless penalty at that time is just off the stupidity scale really should bottle their own bullshit and stick to trolling soccer forums.
                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                Don't get why he doesn't shoot there.

Aside from anything else it was fucking Welbeck alongside him. The player most likely to fall over his feet while trying to kick the ball.

Another two stupid points dropped because the United squad has too many players who are either not good enough yet, or never will be for the team.

100+ points in fantasy football < the results all going against your team
                                                                                Aside from all that Rooney should have been sent off at the start of the game anyhow, but not for the first time this weekend a ref bottled a red card.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                  Aside from all that Rooney should have been sent off at the start of the game anyhow, but not for the first time this weekend a ref bottled a red card.
                                                                                  True, the decisions were shocking the entire game. How he can see the Rooney incident and not send him off is beyond my understanding.

In the build up to Rooney lashing out he should have had a free for obstruction, and there were two others before that as well. Medel should have been sent off for throwing a punch at Fellaini, and there were a load of throws/kick outs incorrectly given. It was actually impressive in the level of incompetence really.
                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Or that Toner gave away a grade A stupid 3 points after 51 minutes, but still Sexton is the fall guy.

Or that the lead up to the NZ try in the first half there was a woefully poor clearance kick from Murray on our own 10m line that was overcooked, to a well placed back 3, who managed to run us raggedly through some phases before the beautiful kick from Cruden to put Savea over.

Or that Aaron Cruden, the guy who kicked the winning kick, missed a similarly kickable penalty.

Just the 4 errors that "if not made" make up the points required to win the game, and another error that if not made mean that Sexton's kick has no bearing.

But sure, focus on the mistake you want to.

You'll find a problem anywhere if you look hard enough and "want it" hard enough.
                                                                                    Sexton will be his own biggest critic, what others say is irrelevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      Anyone commenting on that one missed kick as the decisive moment on that endgame and not understanding that Murray's box kick was tens of times more awful while giving away a needless penalty at that time is just off the stupidity scale really should bottle their own bullshit and stick to trolling soccer forums.
                                                                                      One of the errors involves a routine kick that would force the opponent into having to score twice. I know it pains some of you to admit it, but it was the key moment.

Comment

Rubbish day of sport ... depressing to see late scores denying plucky underdogs famous victories in both Rugby and soccer

Comment

He missed a pretty makeable conversion earlier in the match too. The time he spent over the crucial penalty was odd, whether it was nerves or trying to run down the clock he definitely broke his normal routine. The reason kickers practise such precise routines over and over and over is that hopefully it becomes so second nature that when it comes to the presure kicks habit will override nerves, easier said than done and nobody is placing sole blame on him but it was unclutch to say the least.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

You can pick out as many mistakes as you want but at the end of the day if Sexton gets that kick it's game over and he should have got it.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Just watching MOTD, reds given out to Brown and the Crystal Palace lad were laughable. Refs ref good in England

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Meh, each mistake was a mistake.

They all add up.

Murray's kick - Ultimately a converted try
                                                                                                Toner's block - a kickable penalty
                                                                                                SOB's holding on with ref shouting at him - a kickable penalty
                                                                                                McGrath sealing ruck with referee telling him to stand - Ultimately a converted try

Sexton's conversion - Post cost us 2 points
                                                                                                Sexton's Penalty - Miss costs us 3 points
                                                                                                Sexton's crossfield kick attempt to a well marked Bowe - Cost us possession and probably the opportunity to create a penalty opportunity after we'd been reeling.

Imo, the last mistake, while harder to quantify, was far worse than the missed penalty.

People choose the one they want to be the "decisive one", but in reality, there were plenty of things that we didn't need to do, or to do better, that would have been the winning of the game.
                                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 24-11-13, 18:26.

Comment

Neutral POV; Sexton most definitely bottled it but what a stunning 80 minutes of sport. Found it difficult to enjoy the football after that.

Comment

He missed a pretty makeable conversion earlier in the match too. The time he spent over the crucial penalty was odd, whether it was nerves or trying to run down the clock he definitely broke his normal routine. The reason kickers practise such precise routines over and over and over is that hopefully it becomes so second nature that when it comes to the presure kicks habit will override nerves, easier said than done and nobody is placing sole blame on him but it was unclutch to say the least.
                                                                                                    his kicking routine is ridiculous, over the past 3 seasons he's added at least 30s to it. When you're 8 points down with 12 mins left and he's doing it it's absolutely infuriating.

Referees are going to have to start calling clock on players I think. Can't be spending 10 mins of the 80 waiting for a kicker to get his breathing right.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                      Just watching MOTD, reds given out to Brown and the Crystal Palace lad were laughable. Refs ref good in England
                                                                                                      Article by Gary Neville in some paper today highlighting the improvements in refereeing standards over the last 10 years. It included information on analysis done on over 150,000 major refereeing decisions last year and found ~94% to have been the correct decision.

Comment

It's on days like today I really miss ROG. Not really interested in what sympathisers have to say when the chips were down sexton failed to deliver. Laughable to compare the 2 any more. Ones career will be defined by the kicks he made the other by those he has missed

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                          It's on days like today I really miss ROG. Not really interested in what sympathisers have to say when the chips were down sexton failed to deliver. Laughable to compare the 2 any more. Ones career will be defined by the kicks he made the other by those he has missed
                                                                                                          NFL is on at the moment if you want to wank about specialist kickers.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post

You need a new account for these to work.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                              Article by Gary Neville in some paper today highlighting the improvements in refereeing standards over the last 10 years. It included information on analysis done on over 150,000 major refereeing decisions last year and found ~94% to have been the correct decision.
                                                                                                              A 94% accuracy rate is commendable, but to improve things they have to expand the use of video technology.

The use of it today in the rugby was exemplary. Helped remove the doubt from a bunch of key decisions without significantly affecting the flow or enjoyment of the game.

Comment

Sexton's crossfield kick attempt to a well marked Bowe - Cost us possession and probably the opportunity to create a penalty opportunity after we'd been reeling.

Imo, the last mistake, while harder to quantify, was far worse than the missed penalty.

People choose the one they want to be the "decisive one", but in reality, there were plenty of things that we didn't need to do, or to do better, that would have been the winning of the game.
                                                                                                                Actually you're dead right on the above. Id actually forgotten about it. Compare Crudens kicking to Sextons today was a no contest win for the Kiwi.

Comment

A 94% accuracy rate is commendable, but to improve things they have to expand the use of video technology.

The use of it today in the rugby was exemplary. Helped remove the doubt from a bunch of key decisions without significantly affecting the flow or enjoyment of the game.
                                                                                                                  Completely agree. Neville drew on the rugby comparison too adding that he'd like to see refs miked up during the game and brought into post-game discussions. I'd also love to see the introduction of a zero tolerance policy on players approaching the ref. Still a lot of progressive changes that could be made in football.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                    You can pick out as many mistakes as you want but at the end of the day if Sexton gets that kick it's game over and he should have got it.
                                                                                                                    solid logic.

Comment

I suppose if they won they would think they would have the keys to the city. They would be illegal parking their hummers with impunity all over the city Healy style. Best to keep them hungry for now with the six nations coming up.

Comment

Completely agree. Neville drew on the rugby comparison too adding that he'd like to see refs miked up during the game and brought into post-game discussions. I'd also love to see the introduction of a zero tolerance policy on players approaching the ref. Still a lot of progressive changes that could be made in football.
                                                                                                                        Classic from the 1989/90 season in which ref David Elleray was mic'd up for a game between Arsenal and Millwall. Featuring a great moment where Tony Adams ca...

Comment

Originally posted by Daily Mail
                                                                                                                          Statistics from last season show they made 171,000 decisions and 94.1 per cent of the major calls were correct.
                                                                                                                          Be interesting to know what a major call is and who actually evaluated it. Doesn't seem to be mentioned in the article

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X