This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
    I didn't in the end, roasted garlic mash gave me the required hit. Love the fact it's shank season.
    Would you be able to taste if the garlic was added at the start of the cooking or the start of the marrinade ? Im not being a smart arse but i find all this marrinade for 20 mins or 16hours a load of bull, some flavours may penetrate, but most marinades are to break down the meat and tenderise it imo, i could be way off and i know i dont have a chef palette but unless you are using 40 cloves of garlic you wouldent know the difference.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

booked the family room 85 quid you cant go wrong. swimming pool and all for Mia. Spend Stevens day there , will be something different , thanks Martin!
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
        booked the family room 85 quid you cant go wrong. swimming pool and all for Mia. Spend Stevens day there , will be something different , thanks Martin!
        Stephen

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
          "you have black....your not exactly kunta kinte"

You just know jerry never uttered the N word.

Louie CK came off ok'ish, still dont like his brand of funny though, i love the slapstick and no no real issue with the "thinking" jokes per se, its the what i would call , the emperor's new clothes humour i severly dislike.

Not sure we'll ever know why we like what we like at all.

Weirdest thing for me about it was that I was a huge fan of 'The Office' when it was originally broadcast. Think it may have been my first ever DVD too. Can't stand Gervais ever since. Just the sound of him laughing, makes me want to punch someone in the face, more specifically his.
          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

^^

On the garlic thing, when a recipe calls for 1-2 cloves....fuck right off, unless its to garlic up a boiled egg...you need to be using the bulb or a couple of those whole ones aldi/lidl sell....its akin to using 12grains of salt.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
              Not sure we'll ever know why we like what we like at all.

Weirdest thing for me about it was that I was a huge fan of 'The Office' when it was originally broadcast. Think it may have been my first ever DVD too. Can't stand Gervais ever since. Just the sound of him laughing, makes me want to punch someone in the face, more specifically his.
              You havent listened to the podcasts then i take it...lol

The laugh, although seems forced, seems to be his own...kinda like jimmy carr....i find it like hic-cups....cant think of the word....been drinking.

Edit. contagious....one of my fav jokes !!
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                Stephen
                lol martin!!!

how many bottles have you drank!
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Stephen
                  lol martin!!!

OOPS

Boxing

pmsl!
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Bbc4 having a pink Floyd night 30 mins left of them live in 89 followed by rare videos and performances starting with arnold layne

Comment

"you have black....your not exactly kunta kinte"

You just know jerry never uttered the N word.

Louie CK came off ok'ish, still dont like his brand of funny though, i love the slapstick and no no real issue with the "thinking" jokes per se, its the what i would call , the emperor's new clothes humour i severly dislike.
                      Thought Seinfeld was far out of his depth in that group, although I do love his show.

Can't understand how you don't like Louis, I read your post just before I watched that vid (his stand up) and was expecting it to be a little crass and cheap, but found it to be the total opposite, thought it was cutting edge observation humour, edgy in parts yeah, the 'faggot', 'nigger' and 'cunt' bits especially, but like what Seinfeld said in that video re his rape joke, 'tip toeing over laser beams', he's able to be really funny and clever with edgy topics where other people would just be crass.

I love him.
                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

lol martin!!!

idiot

Comment

^^

On the garlic thing, when a recipe calls for 1-2 cloves....fuck right off, unless its to garlic up a boiled egg...you need to be using the bulb or a couple of those whole ones aldi/lidl sell....its akin to using 12grains of salt.
                          Whoa whoa!!!!

Noooooooo.

One clove packs a massive punch.

Comment

idiot
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Stephen
                              Boxing

Comment

Just clicked with me on Facebook there. Wouldnt them Lanigan lads be your neighbours Micknail?
                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                  Whoa whoa!!!!

Noooooooo.

I agree. When we are cooking with them we use 1/4 of a bulb and we batch cook.

Comment

Thought Seinfeld was far out of his depth in that group, although I do love his show.

Can't understand how you don't like Louis, I read your post just before I watched that vid (his stand up) and was expecting it to be a little crass and cheap, but found it to be the total opposite, thought it was cutting edge observation humour, edgy in parts yeah, the 'faggot', 'nigger' and 'cunt' bits especially, but like what Seinfeld said in that video re his rape joke, 'tip toeing over laser beams', he's able to be really funny and clever with edgy topics where other people would just be crass.

I love him.
                                    But rape is funny...

To be fair i havent watched any of his show, just the few clips of his standup.

I get the tip toeing over laser beams, bill burr was all over that like white on rice...he made an argument for hitting women....that was pushing the envelope imo

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Whoa whoa!!!!

Noooooooo.

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      Clove as in 1/12 of a bulb so we are on the one page ? ye be crazy.

And its not like i cant taste, can smell celery from 20 yards, corrieander i dislike in curry but will sometimes suffer through, i find it very srtong, same with mint. but garlic, i could have a bulb of it in most dishes and if asked to state my life on whether i added it or not i would pass !
                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                        Boxing
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                          They aren't the exact same phone. My one is 2 years old and fine for most things but a bit laggy and jumpy on things that are designed for phones with more power. If all you want to do on it is makes calls, tests and web browsing then that's all you do, but some people do things that require more power that the older phones don't have any more.
                                          But most applications are designed to run on existing technology. What applications do you need that target a phone that isn't yet on the market? I'm with Rasta. Just fashion for geeks.
                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

cooking for vampires obv.
                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

OOPS

Boxing

pmsl!
                                              Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                                              Boxing
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

cooking for vampires obv.
                                                Cooking for a cookery school! And the pale faces on them.. you might be right ha!

Comment

The hoff, does the theme tune to fresh prince of bel air. Well kind of. Quite well done.

Made by Matthijs Vlot. www.mattatjeoorlog.nl www.facebook.com/ant1mat3rie www.twitter.com/yomattie http://youtu.be/qjSeAN0AfWc
                                                  Last edited by coillcam; 01-11-13, 23:38.

Comment

Cooking for a cookery school! And the pale faces on them.. you might be right ha!
                                                    How does that work ? Do you have to pay to learn or is it apprentice style ?

I love to fry an egg at home but just watching those compeitive cookery shows gives me a knot in my stomach, i dont really do pressure and would usually avoid those situations but the thoughts of cooking for a living, feeding people is a very wholesome one, there are only a few of those jobs left i feel, cooking, lighting a fire, growing food, chopping wood, there are more trapped in me brain at the moment that refuse to come out. They are things that are worthwhile, they serve, a proper service industry, so unlike the banking topic the other day, sad really they are all so undervalued as a "profession"....im loath to use that term for such honourable jobs of work, a way to earn a crust.
                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

How does that work ? Do you have to pay to learn or is it apprentice style ?

I love to fry an egg at home but just watching those compeitive cookery shows gives me a knot in my stomach, i dont really do pressure and would usually avoid those situations but the thoughts of cooking for a living, feeding people is a very wholesome one, there are only a few of those jobs left i feel, cooking, lighting a fire, growing food, chopping wood, there are more trapped in me brain at the moment that refuse to come out. They are things that are worthwhile, they serve, a proper service industry, so unlike the banking topic the other day, sad really they are all so undervalued as a "profession"....im loath to use that term for such honourable jobs of work, a way to earn a crust.
                                                      While we are learning all the fancy culinary techniques, whatever we make goes out to the student canteen. Same with pastry classes etc. I don't pay for the course as it is covered by failte ireland. The food is bought in the canteen though and not given away.

Working in the hotel is real high pressure though, I love it. Since I work with the pastry chef it is really interesting. The day flies in and when you see your work go out to the customer you get a real buzz.

Health regulations are so tight though and you have to be so careful with everything you do.

The nicest thing was a woman from a tour coming up to me when I went down to the restaurant to thank me for a lovely meal! nice to be appreciated in the job lol

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                        Taxi users
                                                        Download the HAILO app and in Promo code, enter BACKEDBYAIB and you have €10 credit..

(valid until Sat midnight)
                                                        Is that the promo code or the actual credit valid until tomorrow night?

Comment

While we are learning all the fancy culinary techniques, whatever we make goes out to the student canteen. Same with pastry classes etc. I don't pay for the course as it is covered by failte ireland. The food is bought in the canteen though and not given away.

Working in the hotel is real high pressure though, I love it. Since I work with the pastry chef it is really interesting. The day flies in and when you see your work go out to the customer you get a real buzz.

Health regulations are so tight though and you have to be so careful with everything you do.

The nicest thing was a woman from a tour coming up to me when I went down to the restaurant to thank me for a lovely meal! nice to be appreciated in the job lol
                                                          It really is one of the few things you can do to the opposite sex that makes them so thankful, feed them. Fair play, someday ill eat some of it hopefully.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                            Just clicked with me on Facebook there. Wouldnt them Lanigan lads be your neighbours Micknail?
                                                            Yup.

No I'm not asking them for your booze money back!
                                                            Went to school with the youngest lad, he was in my brothers year.
                                                            Dont know anything bout the furore atm but them overcharging and underserving would be a badly kept secret in the region.

Originally posted by Blip View Post
                                                            Is that the promo code or the actual credit valid until tomorrow night?
                                                            Dunno dude, I'm just the messenger!
                                                            I reckon credit valid till midnight Saturday.
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Code works brilliantly. ..got home last night for a fiver.

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                                Code works brilliantly. ..got home last night for a fiver.
                                                                yeah I'm sure it makes a big difference when you pass the break even point after ten dudes.

Its all profit after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                  New casino opening up here on Friday, so the boom is kicking off! Looking forward to a few live games less than 10 mins drive from me.

Went down for the opening night. Nice setup. No expense spared with the tables, chairs, chips and decor. 9 tables of 10 players, 7 players on the blackjack table and another 5 on the alternate list. Really weird structure tho. I bust out at 12.30 with flush over flush and there was still 90 players left. Going to be a long night!

Comment

So beautifull. 3 perfect stories in one song.

Lost in the FloodThe ragamuffin gunner is returnin' home like a hungry runawayHe walks through town all aloneHe must be from the fort he hears the high schoo...

Greetings from Asbury park as a whole o loe as much as born to run, very dylan for me sometimes, leave aside the ryming , very prominent in blindedf and growing up
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post

Ooh and LOL pretty decent hotel on Southside charging for broadband instead if giving it free (is this the republic we fought for etc...)
                                                                      So ask the night manager what is the story with charging for WiFi

( well nice fella)He sorta explains it sorta

I lol and say that any london hotel...

Then mention that "I'm trade" and boom 24 hrs free internets

Comment

While we are learning all the fancy culinary techniques, whatever we make goesy out to the student canteen. Same with pastry classes etc. I don't pay for the course as it is covered by failte ireland. The food is bought in the canteen though and not given away.

You a cert girl?o

Chef who ran the chef course in cork asked me to do it yrs ago, great learning experience, wish I'd said yes tbh

If you go (can go) full hog and do the full chef training I'd highly recommend it

Re-reading, you already in the full chef course? If so gud luck, well worth the work!
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 02-11-13, 02:09.

Comment

the weekend will get me eventually
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Been a stereotypical drunken Irish man is class when you think about it.

Rigger I have a spare bed with your name on it brah

Comment

Kid still on Summer time, been up since 5.15!

Would it be bad form having a pint at this time as its close enough to midnight!

Drumshambo looks a bet in the 2.10 at Ascot!

Comment

Bitches are absolutely crazy yo.
                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Does that hailo promo code only work for new accounts?

I tried it there on my existing account and it won't recognize the code.

Comment

Must do, I used it last night after downloading Hailo for the first time and it worked perfectly.
                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
                                                                                      Must do, I used it last night after downloading Hailo for the first time and it worked perfectly.
                                                                                      Ah boo.

I suppose I could set up a new account on my wife's phone.

Comment

it worked fine for me on my existing account fwiw

maybe it only worked yesterday?

Comment

Can anyone recommend a pair of reasonably priced speakers for a computer? Be helpful if they weren't too large as I will need pack them for use at presentations as well as home.

Thank you, you're beautiful.
                                                                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                            But most applications are designed to run on existing technology. What applications do you need that target a phone that isn't yet on the market? I'm with Rasta. Just fashion for geeks.
                                                                                            Most new apps don't work on the desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                              Can anyone recommend a pair of reasonably priced speakers for a computer? Be helpful if they weren't too large as I will need pack them for use at presentations as well as home.

I have a spare set that plugs in via usb if you want?
                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                I have a spare set that plugs in via usb if you want?
                                                                                                That is a very kind offer, thank you. Pints* would be on me next time.

*terms & conditions apply.

Comment

But if they're too small how will anyone hear them

Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                    But if they're too small how will anyone hear them

The people are small too.

Icky can actually fit inside this building:

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Almost 5' 8".

Comment

Almost 5' 8".
                                                                                                        You're taller at the start of the day.
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

@Earthpix is a good follow on Twitter, some pretty fantastic pics

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                            Most new apps don't work on the desire.
                                                                                                            Give us an example? You are running an up to date custom ROM right?
                                                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Talking of phones. Is there any way to move apps to the external card. So sick of seeing running out of space
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Talking of phones. Is there any way to move apps to the external card. So sick of seeing running out of space
                                                                                                                There should be one built in to most phones. There's lot of apps in the Play Store to help it not. This one works with most phones

Comment

Where's the battery update today?

Comment

lol WP Ravanelli

Player Faking Injury Substituted as the Manager Thinks it is Serious

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                      Where's the battery update today?
                                                                                                                      lol . its class in fairness. only downside is it takes fucking ages to charge to 100% and I mean ages!

leaving for Dublin soon till tomorrow, great that I dont have to take a charger
                                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                        There should be one built in to most phones. There's lot of apps in the Play Store to help it not. This one works with most phones

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...e.app2sd&hl=en
                                                                                                                        tried it earlier, says not compatible or some shite like that
                                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                                                          You a cert girl?o

Chef who ran the chef course in cork asked me to do it yrs ago, great learning experience, wish I'd said yes tbh

If you go (can go) full hog and do the full chef training I'd highly recommend it

Re-reading, you already in the full chef course? If so gud luck, well worth the work!
                                                                                                                          Was trying to work out what you meant by a cert girl. Still not sure.

I am doing the Advanced professional course in Killybegs. The Masterclass's so far have been amazing. The butchery one especially. Watched a whole cow being done and learned so much from that. The butcher was brilliant. He worked with Fergeal Quinn on the superquinn sausages back in the day.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X