This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
    No. But had an exceptionally enjoyable one today. Had the go looking for the jizm that went far beyond projections.
    Excellent result, been a while since i lobbed one over the shoulder...may need to let the back pressure increase more than 24hrs.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

IPO number 4 in the bag weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
      Her sky-ness
      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Comma in that last sentence changes the meaning somewhat, not sure exactly how but it no longer means what you want it to mean
        Yeah, it kinda implies the excellent wank was an afterthought. I'm so useless using a touchscreen keyboard
        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
          Yet another selling thread coming so !
          Follow me in twitterland

Comment

sold to GAB
            Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

sold to GAB
              For a discount I hope
              Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                €100, not a bad deal.
                Extras included ?
                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

€100, not a bad deal.
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Is that ex-horse of yours gonna win tomorrow ?
                    Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Boooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrring. ...

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

hmm maybe lol

Women poker heh!! That's mad Ted <insert obligatory picture here>
                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

that for me? Don't think there is anything running tomorrow that I have even been involved in.
                            What happened to Our Coner? Is he running anytime soon?
                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I know everyone has their favourite sport but jesus I love college football. Passion, excitement and a great show.

great game going to OT if anyone wants a watch

http://firstrownow.eu/watch/212236/1...ennessee-.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                I know everyone has their favourite sport but jesus I love college football. Passion, excitement and a great show.

great game going to OT if anyone wants a watch

http://firstrownow.eu/watch/212236/1...ennessee-.html
                                If only they created some sort of proper structure and . Could pick a team and follow the Damn thing
                                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

How do people live with long-term illness? Have a sniffly cold these last two days, like nearly everyone else at the moment, and feels like the down-est event ever. The poor uncle popped into the doctor for nearly the first time in his 52 years a few weeks ago and found out he'll be dead before Christmas with the meantime taken up by extreme pain and brain-blasting medication. How would you even handle news like that, or go through the pain knowing there was no positive end in sight? Guess it's the enjoying the last moments with the family thing is a big part.

/hmm might be a bit of a downer of a post.
                                    That's awful news about the uncle dude.

What would you do tomorrow if you found yourself in a situation where that was it, end game and by chance you were given another chance ?

It's a hard one, do you treat people you love and care about differently?

When you are gone that's all that's really left, what kind of person were you to them, what was your legacy ? To be remembered fondly, that's what i would like to achieve, not as the prick i can be at the drop of a hat.

Time for lunch...I have a hankering for buttery toast.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                      If only they created some sort of proper structure and . Could pick a team and follow the Damn thing
                                      theres playoffs this year - plus just watch any game with ranked teams are they are likely to be the closest. next one starts here at 1am should be good

http://firstrownow.eu/watch/212510/1...thwestern.html

How do people live with long-term illness? Have a sniffly cold these last two days, like nearly everyone else at the moment, and feels like the down-est event ever. The poor uncle popped into the doctor for nearly the first time in his 52 years a few weeks ago and found out he'll be dead before Christmas with the meantime taken up by extreme pain and brain-blasting medication. How would you even handle news like that, or go through the pain knowing there was no positive end in sight? Guess it's the enjoying the last moments with the family thing is a big part.

horrible situation for everyone especially the family

Comment

Comment

Comment

E.g. prostate cancer is eminently treatable if caught early, but needs regular scans after certain age in men to detect early. Think breast cancer screening and cervical cancer screening is funded by state, but not the male cancer. Although perhaps BK might be able to correct on that. Doesn't sound quite right that there would actually be a policy like that, so might have got it mixed up.
                                            its an awkward one - the marker that is screened (PSA) has controversy surrounding it as to its usefullness and there are loads of false positives (or negatives I can't remember). A proper screening programme hasnt been implemented because at the moment they arent sure if the benefit of screening outweighs the risks and morbidity of over diagnosis and over treatment.

Even the breast screening programme we have at the moment is massively ineffective - cant remember last figures but its something huge like having to justify the cost of running a screening service where the catch rate is 1/300 (not sure of exact figures) i.e. for every 300 women screened 1 will show up with signs that warrant further investigation

Comment

its an awkward one - the marker that is screened (PSA) has controversy surrounding it as to its usefullness and there are loads of false positives (or negatives I can't remember). A proper screening programme hasnt been implemented because at the moment they arent sure if the benefit of screening outweighs the risks and morbidity of over diagnosis and over treatment.

Even the breast screening programme we have at the moment is massively ineffective - cant remember last figures but its something huge like having to justify the cost of running a screening service where the catch rate is 1/300 (not sure of exact figures) i.e. for every 300 women screened 1 will show up with signs that warrant further investigation
                                              Isn't the philosophy now prevention rather than cure ? catch it early? Well, from personal experience that seems to be how they are treating CAD, or maybe it was the VHI plan i have.
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                Isn't the philosophy now prevention rather than cure ? catch it early? Well, from personal experience that seems to be how they are treating CAD, or maybe it was the VHI plan i have.
                                                prevention rather than cure is the philosopy. For something like CAD a large responsibility is on the public to look after their own healthcare meaning cure as a last resort is the plan. Unfortunately for cancers there are only so many preventative measures you can take and with a finite amount of resources its not practical or feasible to screen everyone

Comment

theres playoffs this year - plus just watch any game with ranked teams are they are likely to be the closest. next one starts here at 1am should be good

http://firstrownow.eu/watch/212510/1...thwestern.html

horrible situation for everyone especially the family
                                                  Yeah I've watched and enjoyed the games. But I like to pick a side or at least understand the significance of the game to get the full enjoyment and I think the strange set up takes away from that.

I wanna know who the world champion of college football in murica is!
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Saturday nights are shit when there is no UFC.

Comment

Cook some meth?

Comment

From Existential Psychotherapy by Irvin Yalom:

A brief look at a core concept of existential philosophy may provide
                                                        clarification. Martin Heidegger, in 1926, explored the question how the
                                                        idea of death may save man, and arrived at the important insight that
                                                        the awareness of our personal death acts as a spur to shift us from one
                                                        mode of existence to a higher one. Heidegger believed that there are
                                                        two fundamental modes of existing in the world: (1) a state of forgetfulness
                                                        of being or (2) a state of mindfulness of being.7

When one lives in a state of forgetfulness of being, one lives in the world of things and immerses oneself in the everyday diversions of
                                                        life: One is "leveled down," absorbed in "idle chatter," lost in the
                                                        "they." One surrenders oneself to the everyday world, to a concern
                                                        about the way things are.

In the other state, the state of mindfulness of being, one marvels not
                                                        about the way things are but that they are. To exist in this mode means
                                                        to be continually aware of being. In this mode, which is often referred
                                                        to as the "ontological mode" (from the Greek ontos, meaning "existence"),
                                                        one remains mindful of being, not only mindful of the fragility
                                                        of being but mindful, too (as I shall discuss in chapter 6), of one's responsibility
                                                        for one's own being. Since it is only in this ontological
                                                        mode that one is in touch with one's self-creation, it is only here that
                                                        one can grasp the power to change oneself.

Ordinarily one lives in the first state. Forgetfulness of being is the
                                                        everyday mode of existence. Heidegger refers to it as "inauthentic" -a
                                                        mode in which one is unaware of one's authorship of one's life and
                                                        world, in which one "flees," "falls," and is tranquilized, in which one
                                                        avoids choices by being "carried along by the nobody."8 When, however,
                                                        one enters the second mode of being (mindfulness of being), one
                                                        exists authentically (hence, the frequent modern use of the term "authenticity"
                                                        in psychology). In this state, one becomes fully self-aware - aware
                                                        of oneself as a transcendental (constituting) ego as well as an
                                                        empirical (constituted) ego; one embraces one's possibilities and limits;
                                                        one faces absolute freedom and nothingness-and is anxious in the
                                                        face of them.

Now, what does death have to do with all this? Heidegger realized
                                                        that one doesn't move from a state of forgetfulness of being to a more
                                                        enlightened, anxious mindfulness of being by simple contemplation,
                                                        by bearing down, by gritting one's teeth. There are certain unalterable,
                                                        irremediable conditions, certain "urgent experiences" that jolt one,
                                                        that tug one from the first, everyday, state of existence to the state of
                                                        mindfulness of being. Of these urgent experiences (Jaspers later referred
                                                        to them as "border" or "boundary" or "limit" situations 9
                                                        ), death is the nonpareil: death is the condition that makes it possible for us to live life
                                                        in an authentic fashion.

This point of view-that death makes a positive contribution to
                                                        life-is not one easily accepted. Generally we view death as such an
                                                        unmitigated evil that we dismiss any contrary view as an implausible
                                                        joke. We can manage quite well without the plague, thank you.

But suspend judgment for a moment and imagine life without any
                                                        thought of death. Life loses something of its intensity. Life shrinks when death is denied. Freud who, for reasons I shall discuss shortly,
                                                        spoke little of death, believed that the transience of life augments our
                                                        joy in it. "Limitation in the possibility of an enjoyment raises the value
                                                        of the enjoyment." Freud, writing during the First World War, said that
                                                        the lure of war was that it brought death into life once again: "Life has,
                                                        indeed, become interesting again; it has recovered its full content."10
                                                        When death is excluded, when one loses sight of the stakes involved,
                                                        life becomes impoverished. It is turned into something, Freud wrote,
                                                        "as shallow and empty as, let us say, an American flirtation, in which it
                                                        is understood from the first that nothing is to happen, as contrasted
                                                        with a continental love-affair in which both partners must constantly
                                                        bear its serious consequences in mind."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                          From Existential Psychotherapy by Irvin Yalom:
                                                          I was just about to post that

Comment

Found a pet rock.

Delighted.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              Found a pet rock.

Delighted.
                                                              What shall you call it ? Rocky ?
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Just finished up watching a fascinating first series of a show called Rectify. Guy who was sent to death row very young who is released after 20 years due to new evidence. It's a slow paced, beautifully filmed, thought provoking piece of television. In keeping with the melancholy mood in the thread I keep thinking about one particular scene when he's talking about how everything surprises him even the most mundane of things because he hasn't learned through repetition of daily living to have the experience dulled. Highly recommend it.

Opr

Comment

Found a pet rock.

Delighted.
                                                                  Get a pet Blaa next. Rock and roll.
                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                    Get a pet Blaa next. Rock and roll.
                                                                    Yeah, they are like rocks.

Comment

Yeah, they are like rocks.
                                                                      You bitch.

Comment

You bitch.
                                                                        Shirley there is something else in Waterford to cling onto since the crystal disappeared?

Comment

Shirley there is something else in Waterford to cling onto since the crystal disappeared?
                                                                          Not much tbh, and I have to go on a diet soon so dunno if I'll be able to hold onto my beloved delicious artisan bread product.

Comment

Well, it's bedtime, goodnight friends.

Comment

Pleasant dreams young Icarus.
                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                I was just about to post that
                                                                                Acta Non Verba.

Comment

Lotsa love Icky.

Comment

Not much tbh, and I have to go on a diet soon so dunno if I'll be able to hold onto my beloved delicious artisan bread product.
                                                                                    I want one of these.

This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                                                      @flushdraw - have u seen house of cards this is really good
                                                                                      Not sure if i replied to this at the time Philip, sorry! I've zero interest in politics so can't imagine this holding my interest at all so i wouldn't even try it. Not sure Boardwalk Empire is going to float my boat either tbh. Will need to find something else along the lines of The Wire, Love/Hate, Top Boy etc with some more drugs/guns/street action!

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                        I want one of these.

You should get some 'Actual Size' stickers and plaster them all over this

Comment

...

Comment

BB Spoiler

SPOILER
                                                                                            Walter White's obituary is a local Albuquerque newspaper

Comment

Speaking of BB. Saw an interview with Dean Norris (Hank) on The Saturday Night Show last night. Zero spoilers no matter where you are in the series. Starts about 53mins in

Edit - Jedward also on it for DeadParrot/Rigger!

Just incase

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                                                                                              I wouldn't be quite sure about no spoilers, that tool O'Connor did his best to give something pretty big away.

He was in Workmans on Friday night and by the looks of things he'd been on it for most of Saturday too.
                                                                                              Last edited by Flushdraw; 06-10-13, 11:10.

Comment

How do I unbrick my old HTC desire, well I bought it in Canada. Can't get 3G working on it using mildwild
                                                                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Love/Hate starts back tonight

Comment

Jesus Christ chd, it's a mineral.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                      Speaking of BB. Saw an interview with Dean Norris (Hank) on The Saturday Night Show last night. Zero spoilers no matter where you are in the series. Starts about 53mins in

Edit - Jedward also on it for DeadParrot/Rigger!
                                                                                                      I wouldn't be quite sure about no spoilers, that tool O'Connor did his best to give something pretty big away.

He was in Workmans on Friday night and by the looks of things he'd been on it for most of Saturday too.

Comment

...

Comment

Went away with herself to a hotel in Wicklow. Last time I was there some idiot kept knocking on the door at all hours. Asked for a quiet room away from the action having told the receptionist on the phone what happened. She asked was it any special occasion and I insta-replied it was our anniversary.

Arrived in room to find a complimentary bottle of prosecco and a €50 voucher for the hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post

Ya I'm only half way through season 4 and I'm pissed off after watching that, I'm pretty sure I have an idea of the ending now, so i'd avoid it at all costs unless you have finished the show

Actually it's a shit interview as well so I wouldn't bother either way

Comment

Hmm Jenga cost €15.99. Rival unbranded similar number of wooden blocks €6.99. How could anyone ever buy the actual Jenga?
                                                                                                              Aldi been at it for years. Almost identical in taste to their more illustrious bars

Penguin Bars

Mars Bars

Oreo's

Comment

Speaking of unavoidable spoilers, there's a Netflix ad running atm on Irish terrestrial tv which shows loads of season five (both parts) plots and characters etc.
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...

Comment

Can't believe they are ripping off Jacobs J-Os already.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Aldi been at it for years. Almost identical in taste to their more illustrious bars
                                                                                                                      Lots of Lidls chocolates are made by the people they are "ripping off"

Was working in a shop years ago and this lad asked me what was the difference between Hellman's and the shops own brand, told him much of a much

but he stood there staring, manager comes up and asks me whats going on, I tell her and she goes over.

Lad starts asking her and she says much of a much, he stands there staring for a bit longer when finally she tells him that they are the same as Hellman's made the shop one (which was half the price)

He still bought the name brand stuff

Oreo's

The use of the word original in the name is a piece of legal genius for when them fat cats from oreo come calling

*moral of the story (trade secrets and all that): supermarkets as a rule don't own production plants and buy there stuff off other people, so if it looks like the name brand competitor and tastes like the name brand competitor, there is a good chance it is the name brand competitor (unless they are ripping off kellogs).
                                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 06-10-13, 12:02. Reason: *

Comment

shroom season

Comment

Going in to work on a Sunday, yay. Not, I would add, due to the volume or complexity of work that I have to do but rather the fact that I had 32 hours of meetings last week.

32 hours
                                                                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X