Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    I was more angling for admiration of my latin skills
    Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I'm voting no.

I'll probably vote yes when we're asked the next time.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

no one has managed to crack it yet
            Surely not something as simple as a base 36 calculation, or is that an irony you are pointing out?

Anyone wanna try +61 (02) 80113871 ?

Comment

It's a clever advertising campaign to gain publicity

Comment

I'm not voting - still registered to vote in Galway West, need to change that to whatever constituency the Docklands are in in the near future. Would be voting Yes if I was though.

Feel a little queasy about the fact that almost 50% of the electorate are currently exhibiting a preference for Sinn Fein or FF in the latest polls - imagine that coalition in power! I don't know if it would encourage me to flee the country, but my savings and investments would be based elsewhere pretty damn quickly! Would probably ask my employer to start paying me in USD into an off-shore account if possible

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                    I'm not voting - still registered to vote in Galway West, need to change that to whatever constituency the Docklands are in in the near future. Would be voting Yes if I was though.

Feel a little queasy about the fact that almost 50% of the electorate are currently exhibiting a preference for Sinn Fein or FF in the latest polls - imagine that coalition in power! I don't know if it would encourage me to flee the country, but my savings and investments would be based elsewhere pretty damn quickly! Would probably ask my employer to start paying me in USD into an off-shore account if possible
                    New register comes into effect from next Feb (for a year) so you'd want to contact Dublin City Council in the next month or so if you want to be on it. You can do it online. Locals/Europeans next May which will be interesting with fewer seats, new electoral areas etc.

Comment

I know nothing about tvs. Is there any reason I would regret buying this?

Seems very reasonable for a 42in smart tv.

edit: nm probably worth the extra hundred for this
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-10-13, 10:05.

Comment

Need a supplier that would make or stock brackets to mount 6x 22" LCD screens. Any suggestions?

Comment

ahh dude, totally ruined that by not using 'conivent' instead of

SPOILER
                          subridere
                          Pedant

Comment

Driving car yesterday and when parked saw a trail of diesel on road behind me ( rainbow spots on wet road)

looked underneath and diesel was just dripping out and when I started car it 'dripped' faster.

My old mechanic friend hung himself earlier this year so had to make a few enquiries for a new decent cheap mechanic.

Summing up, found one 3/4 mile from house, left car up y'day , call this morning that its fixed.

Cost? £20 !!

I asked what was wrong, thinking maybe just a loose/missing nut as was so cheap.

It was a ruptured fuel pipe which he replaced with bits he had about the place and that he doesnt charge too much as he just likes 'futtering about with engines and cars'

Hes a keeper .......

Gave him £25 btw

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                              Driving car yesterday and when parked saw a trail of diesel on road behind me ( rainbow spots on wet road)

looked underneath and diesel was just dripping out and when I started car it 'dripped' faster.

My old mechanic friend hung himself earlier this year so had to make a few enquiries for a new decent cheap mechanic.

Summing up, found one 3/4 mile from house, left car up y'day , call this morning that its fixed.

Cost? £20 !!

I asked what was wrong, thinking maybe just a loose/missing nut as was so cheap.

It was a ruptured fuel pipe which he replaced with bits he had about the place and that he doesnt charge too much as he just likes 'futtering about with engines and cars'

Hes a keeper .......

Gave him £25 btw
                              You do understand how the BBV generally treats brags like this Stan?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post

looks good value

decent review of it here

Comment

One thing no one has mentioned is the provision for a Civic Forum in the Good Friday agreement which may need at some stage to be implemented on a 32 County basis.
                                  The Seanad is pointless and it is a good thing to be rid of it. We do not need a second house and we do need a better Dail but the two are not necessarily related.
                                  What I would very much like to see is something along the lines of the Constitutional Convention which although completely toothless would provide a platform for individuals and groups, preferably at their own expense, to review, comment and propose amendments that would have to be voted on in the Dail.
                                  This kind of concept would be useful in extending the kind of access to the democratic process that is currently only available to Industry, paid lobbyists and Politicos to all sorts of groups and individuals affected by legislation.

The absence of any hint of a willingness to engage with or even discuss reform means that this will just end up as further centralisation of power within the inner cabinet.
                                  I'm a strong supporter of the Government in their efforts to clean up the mess the You The People created by continually voting Fianna Fail into power however I think that giving them a slap in the face by voting down this populist and badly thought out amendment to the constitution down will force the next government to make the kind of reforms that will enhance democracy and not curtail it.

Vote No IMO
                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                    You do understand how the BBV generally treats brags like this Stan?
                                    With empathy and salubrious comments ?

Comment

@ Kayroo
                                      Is there any argument against voting for the new Appeal court?

I mean more Judges, more Lawyers what could possibly go wrong

Comment

just saw your edit
                                        snap up that other one. 3Dtv is good you probably wont use it much but its nice to have, I've been downloading 3d movies for the kids and the 3d experience is top quality. with the bigger screen its a far superior tv for a 100 quid more. its selling for €1k in pcworld

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                          Surely not something as simple as a base 36 calculation, or is that an irony you are pointing out?

Anyone wanna try +61 (02) 80113871 ?
                                          Hardly a phone number in base 36 unless it translates to a url or something that is going to be
                                          ~= El Mucho Bignum *X ^El Mucho Bignum

Comment

Pixmania are shocking to deal with should anything go wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                              RicherSounds price match Amazon afaik.

They do superb deals on boards.ie

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                +1 to that. I spent a couple of grand with them for Christmas a few years back and found out mid Jan that the digital picture frame screen was cracked when they opened the present. I got back to the to be told that the return policy was up , even when I explained that they had been Christmas presents and the policy was up before the box was opened they weren't budging. Tried the old I'll never buy from them again line (I had bought off them 5-6 times before) and never have.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                  Hardly a phone number in base 36 unless it translates to a url or something that is going to be
                                                  ~= El Mucho Bignum *X ^El Mucho Bignum
                                                  1BP49B with a 36 subscript, to me suggests convert 1BP49B from base 36 to base 10.

This converter gives 80113871.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                    I've a lot if admiration for certain people in the Seanad.
                                                    But your admiration is almost certainly based on stuff that they did outside the Seanad!
                                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Morihei View Post
                                                      1BP49B with a 36 subscript, to me suggests convert 1BP49B from base 36 to base 10.

This converter gives 80113871.
                                                      this is pretty much what I go however I think it cannot be that easy
                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I wouldn't be a man who spends money without thinking a bit about it first, and have just reserved one of these babies in Argos - not many left in Dublin unfortunately, as there is a thread on the Bargains forum on boards.ie about how good a deal this is. Definitely seems an unbeatable deal if you're happy with 40in, no wireless (need to buy a dongle) and no 3D, much cheaper than Amazon and buying in Ireland from a bricks-and-morter retailer is a plus.

Comment

Also, some might be interested in this - Peats are having a liquidation sale on Saturday and Sunday. Probably will be a real scrum but maybe bargains to be had? It's worth noting that Peats were always extremely expensive, so even with a decent discount the goods might be found cheaper elsewhere!

Comment

Just shipped off the DVDs there a few minutes ago, hopefully you'll get them tomorrow.

@ ionapaul, I didn't ship yours yet as it's a little too bulky to send by An Post, I'll ship it by courier on Monday when I'm back at work if that's cool.
                                                            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ah feck, only got the Halloween update now.

I need moar goo.

It'll cost 1.5million for land too, pfft.
                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

I don't suppose anyone knows of any decent sites to download books? I don't think library genesis is working anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                  I don't suppose anyone knows of any decent sites to download books? I don't think library genesis is working anymore.
                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                  gen.lib.rus.ec

Comment

Farewell to the GOAT

Comment

Well that is a new coach for your future. You have a typo in the article. It says he won right munster championships which I presume shoud read eight.
                                                                      Also I presume its fans of the green and gold not green and goal.
                                                                      Last edited by RichieM; 03-10-13, 11:48.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                                        Well that is a new coach for your future. You have a typo in the article. It says he won right munster championships which I presume shoud read eight.
                                                                        Also I presume its fans of the green and gold not green and goal.
                                                                        lol, thanks - trying to type throw leaking eyes!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                          @ Kayroo
                                                                          Is there any argument against voting for the new Appeal court?

I mean more Judges, more Lawyers what could possibly go wrong
                                                                          Oh there certainly are valid arguments against it. The court will mean more judges but not more lawyers though.

Arguments against include the fact it is likely a long term solution to a short term problem that could just as easily be remedied with administrative changes to the management of the Court lists.

On the other hand there are serious issues with justice being denied as the Supreme Court must be accessible as a Court of final appeal as things stand but 32 judges into maximum 2 divisions of the Supreme Court just doesn't go and causes massive delays such as those we have.

Other arguments are the cost (not just judges but registrars, court rooms and staff also) and the question of how effective this court would be given it would face many if not all of the same problems the current Supreme Court faces.

Overall I think it's a typical solution to problems right now; something that would have been an excellent idea 10 years ago but which may not solve the problem it sets out to.

Comment

Lucy is part of Generation Y, the generation born between the late 1970s and the mid 1990s. She's a unique brand of yuppie, one who thinks they are the main character of a very special story. Only issue is this one thing: Lucy's kind of unhappy.

After reading this I think I have to reevaluate my life expectations...
                                                                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Huge loss to the game. He is and was an all time great

Comment

just to remind people that GG is the GOAT

scored 1-2 at the weekend to take the club into its first ever intermediate championship final

some man

Comment

scored 1-2 at the weekend to take the club into its first ever intermediate championship final

some man
                                                                                  must be at least 40 at this stage?
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

some man
                                                                                    Will Kells be toppled? I believe they were the value all year to win outright.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                      Need a supplier that would make or stock brackets to mount 6x 22" LCD screens. Any suggestions?

Comment

4 Excellent reasons to vote yes. GTFO you wasters

And these 2 liabilities campaigning for the no side

The hair on the back of my neck stands up when this creep comes on TV

Yes,yes,yes, yes,yes. I see they are all threatening to do their actual job if the yes vote carries. Just Hope there are cameras pointed at their faces when the result is announced. I want to see tears.
                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 03-10-13, 13:25.

Comment

blue rock candy

It's time to break bad - the legal way - by cooking up a batch of Heisenberg's Blue Sky . . . rock candy, that is! Celebrate the premiere of Breaking Bad's f...

Comment

some man
                                                                                            Sure that's junior football.

Comment

some man
                                                                                              Dublin Supremacy.

Comment

...

Comment

Remember when people would go "you can't use Wikipedia as a source"? Well the Daily Mail is worse than that. I'd actually give that more credibility if it appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man comics.

Comment

obviously you should be bringing exact change onto the flight. It's just another hoop that you have to jump through. play by the rules and sure you'll be grand and more fool you if you don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                      Remember when people would go "you can't use Wikipedia as a source"? Well the Daily Mail is worse than that. I'd actually give that more credibility if it appeared in The Amazing Spider-Man comics.
                                                                                                      The Group who produced the manual, Retail in Motion, said that the training material said that, but is now changed.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          The Group who produced the manual, Retail in Motion, said that the training material said that, but is now changed.
                                                                                                          And Ryanair said it was not their policy to do this at all. But Hitch left out that bit. Also the Mail's headline and article structure are designed to reinforce the idea that Ryanair are unsafe gougers. I make no comment now on what Ryanair are but the whole tone of the article belies the bullshit "editorial" direction of that toilet paper.

Comment

This is really cool, BB musical tribute, loved the Malcolm in the middle references, massive spoilers obv....

SPOILER

Comment

Tomas was a proper legend, sad to see him go. Hard fucker and I pity the UCC freshers cos he will train them within an inch of their lives.

Had a few pints with him about an hour after the 2009 final in The Palace (Westmoreland St). He had the baseball cap pulled down over his eyes so he wouldn't be recognised and you'd never know he had just won his 5th AI. Wasn't into the fame and glory at all. Just a down to earth lad.

Thanks for the memories.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                                    And Ryanair said it was not their policy to do this at all. But Hitch left out that bit. Also the Mail's headline and article structure are designed to reinforce the idea that Ryanair are unsafe gougers. I make no comment now on what Ryanair are but the whole tone of the article belies the bullshit "editorial" direction of that toilet paper.
                                                                                                                    You won't find any argument from me regarding the toilet-standard status of the Daily Mail.

Having seen the aforementioned behaviour before though, I'm not surprised that at one point Ryanair staff may have been trained in this technique.

I'd fully expect the same trick used by other airlines too though, so it's not just a Ryanair thing.

Comment

It says it all when the best(only) defence for voting no is "but it's not proper reform".

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                        Osmosis.ie
                                                                                                                        twitter
                                                                                                                        moneybookers

Comment

Having a bit of trouble getting my music files from my laptop onto my HTC One.

I've opened the phone folder through My Computer and I have the iTunes folder open but I can't drag and drop or c&p.

Anybody know what I need to do?

As usual with matters like this google is of no use at all, unless you've the brain of a quantum physicist.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X