Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nor bad Michelle doesn't look fake at all.

Just know where to stop.. Don't want the bride of BBV scaring folk!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
      Cheers lads and lady was considering digging the heels in on this one anyway. How about the argument that she feels unsafe walking further, she needs to get up earlier for work (lol) and I hardly ever use the car? These were all things I was unmoved by. Won't move btw the house is gift and really nice
      It wasn't a problem till someone parked in her spot. Don't go feeling sorry for her. This is not the bubbleking we know.

Have a sit down and chat. It may help clear air. You have done nothing wrong. It is copin coming to winter and you might need car more.

Comment

Dunno if this has been asked before but is she hot BK?
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
          Dunno if this has been asked before but is she hot BK?
          Obviously not or she wouldn't be resorting to shouting, and stamping her feet to get her way. She'd be using her feminine charms and BK wouldn't be complaining and the car would have been moved!!
          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Chapter 2 of annoying housemate saga.

Our house has 1 parking space which I never use. When I drive up to Dublin on a Sunday I usually leave my car in another space about 50 yards away as that house is empty and for the most part it stays there for the week as I can walk to work unless it's pissing rain.

Anyway housemate comes in last night and wants me to move it 200 yards away so she can have it as another one of our housemates is on our spot. I refuse because 1. It was pissing rain and 2. I felt that it was kinda my spot since I'm the only one that ever uses it.

Anyway she goes off on a mad rant calling me a selfish asshole etc etc. meanwhile I ignore her for the most part and go back to eating my dinner. She's trying to be more and more hurtful as the rant goes on but the more I ignore her the more she gets annoyed. She storms out and parks 200 yards away.

This morning I wake up and find I can't print out documents I need because during the night she disconnected the UPC power supply and hid it somewhere. Mildly put out by this show of pettiness I just left earlier ( took the car as it's raining).

When I come home do I park in my space or the further away one. Is the high road wearing thin or should I assume fully petty war jihad?
            no one fucks with my broadband
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

When I come home do I park in my space or the further away one. Is the high road wearing thin or should I assume fully petty war jihad?
              Laugh at her
              Tell her she is wrong
              Tell her she knows she is wrong and that's why she is giving it the big one
              Laugh at her again
              Tell her your considering putting your car up on blocks in the house parking spot
              Walk away, continue laughing

Stall the ball, ask her what is wrong with the broadband
              Laugh at her
              Walk away, continue laughing

When taking this approach, studies suggest that it is best to try not looking like a complete mentalist!

Comment

Where was your other housemate that took "her" spot? Surely her ire should be directed towards him/her if anyone. She sounds like a grade A cunt. Ugh definitely move as well, that sort of intolerable insanity definitely outweighs convenience/niceness of the place for a reason to leave.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  Doing my first project in 1.5 years and the first that actually matters.

In terms of referencing I need to use Harvard etc....

My issue lays with how I should do it. Im doing an Int Business project on Cyprus and the first 1k words are a country profile.

I am not taking the information word from word from the website and I have maybe 20 different sites (600 words in). Do I pretty much reference every single fact?
                  You shouldn't go overboard with references, You'll be able to see from other work that they reference now and again, not every little thing. You can have a reference or two at the end of a paragraph on a topic and so on. If it's from a single source you can say "According to x..." and reference at the end of the information once. You don't need to cite common information, eg information easily obtained from many sources: "American Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776". For instance I could ahve probably cited every sing sentence in this haha https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8NH...it?usp=sharing but I still went overboard doing far less.

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                  1gb is an hour of reasonable quality Netflix streaming, 3 hours of lowest quality streming. Meteor taking the piss a bit really. Is 4g expensive to provide that the UK and Irish plans so far are so crap?
                  Saw somebody on boards has 1000e bill from meteor, they told her youtube was fine, could watch x amount of hours, assumed netflix was similar and her son racked up all that pretty fast.

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                  He was hoping for Burgerking obv.

FML, I just finished a 1500 word essay on palliative care. My first 'homework' in over 20 years. The tutor says we can use stuff from the internet as long as we reference other peoples work. I hope I'm doing it right because I've copy and pasted 90%.
                  It should be tun through software such as Turnitin to detect plagiarism, for trinity my documents were expected to be 2-5% with 8% barely acceptable, my supervisor wouldn't even look at something 10-15%+. ideally you could get an account off a lecturer if you can, that's what I did. Ran it through myself to see I was in the all clear. More than 8% from me was a fail I believe.

Our house has 1 parking space which I never use. When I drive up to Dublin on a Sunday I usually leave my car in another space about 50 yards away as that house is empty and for the most part it stays there for the week as I can walk to work unless it's pissing rain.

Anyway housemate comes in last night and wants me to move it 200 yards away so she can have it as another one of our housemates is on our spot. I refuse because 1. It was pissing rain and 2. I felt that it was kinda my spot since I'm the only one that ever uses it.

Anyway she goes off on a mad rant calling me a selfish asshole etc etc. meanwhile I ignore her for the most part and go back to eating my dinner. She's trying to be more and more hurtful as the rant goes on but the more I ignore her the more she gets annoyed. She storms out and parks 200 yards away.

This morning I wake up and find I can't print out documents I need because during the night she disconnected the UPC power supply and hid it somewhere. Mildly put out by this show of pettiness I just left earlier ( took the car as it's raining).

Wait and why is she not on tot he other housemate, does she view you as a roll over? I'd be parking in "her" spot the first chance I get.

As for safety, I'd inform her of her sexist behaviour and that you fear rape.

Comment

Get a permanent marker and label all the food & stuff you own.

The most passive aggressive house sharing weapon there is...

Comment

I would put the wife out on the front step if she f'ed with the broadband... And I love her. Your housemate needs to be sorted out, if you pay for broadband I would deduct an amount from the bill due t what happened

Also who's name is on the lease? If it is not her's I would go to who ever has it and tell them u want her out if the house is a gift us will get a replacement straight away

Comment

Does nobody else think that BK is in the wrong here?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                          No, because he is not. And even if he was her attitude is not conducive to me pissing on her if she was on fire.

Comment

I'm not sure until I've seen pics.
                            Is she on Facebook BK?

Comment

Is the space not just a public space, so it's not like if you move she will have the space for the rest of the week?

If it was a private space and you lived in a dodgy enough area and she arrived home from work when it was dark, I probably would move if she had asked nicely.

Otherwise she is bang out of line, also disconnecting the broadband is just ridiculously childish.
                              If I were you i'd ask to sit her down, ask her why she disconnected the internet etc.

Also get her out/leave, as it's not worth the hassle to live with someone like this.
                              Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

So there is a space for the house, a space 50 yds away and a space 200yds away?

You rarely use your car and she uses hers all the time? Therefore your car just sits in a better space the majority of the time while she walks up and down past it everyday?

Maybe its just me but I would do the chivalrous thing and allow her the closer spot on the basis of it being wasted on you somewhat. Maybe she didn't handle the situation well and is a bit of a cunt, but on the face of it I think I would give it up.

maybe I am just old fashioned!

Comment

Simple solution:

Tell her that she can park in your space if you can *raise eyebrow* park in her space.

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post

You rarely use your car and she uses hers all the time? Therefore your car just sits in a better space the majority of the time while she walks up and down past it everyday?

Maybe its just me but I would do the chivalrous thing and allow her the closer spot on the basis of it being wasted on you somewhat. Maybe she didn't handle the situation well and is a bit of a cunt, but on the face of it I think I would give it up.

She usually parks at the house (closer) the majority of the time was the way it picked it up.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Hopeless romantic

Comment

If I was Housemate 3 I'd definitely be stealing the broadband router power supply to watch the fireworks ensue.
                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Why is it not the housemate that seems to have jumped two people in the queue to take the house spot she's got a beef with?

Comment

this is fine up until
                                            so she can have it as another one of our housemates is on our spot.
                                            I'm guessing this girl usually gets the best spot and decided the BK should give up his o'just because'.
                                            Also, the extra 150 yard walk fearing for her safety is a line I personally cannot stand unless she lives in a ghetto. It's the last step in an increasingly desperate argument that gives up stamps it's feet and huffs, "but I'm a girl!"
                                            Fuck that. While in the end, personally, I'd probably give in, I'd hate myself just a little for doing so.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Classic
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Anyway housemate comes in last night and wants me to move it 200 yards away so she can have it as another one of our housemates is on our spot.
                                                And this is why you can tell her to fuck very far off.

Had a similar issue living with two wimminz in Wexico, row of 6 houses with a communal area for parking in front of them, one parked a micra in such a way it took up two spaces, and the other freely admitted she couldn't reverse if there was already a car beside the spot.
                                                They then suggested I drive down the estate and park on the footpath, with I politely declined as A. there was a wheelchair user in the vicinity, and B. a load of kids that go around on those scooters, so blocking the footpaths are not an option. road is very narrow too so you can't leave it out there either.

I offered to park their cars properly.
                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

It amazes me the lack of basic reading comprehension around here sometimes.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                    I'm guessing this girl usually gets the best spot and decided the BK should give up his o'just because'.

Also, the extra 150 yard walk fearing for her safety is a line I personally cannot stand unless she lives in a ghetto. It's the last step in an increasingly desperate argument that gives up stamps it's feet and huffs, "but I'm a girl!"
                                                    this

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                      It amazes me the lack of basic reading comprehension around here sometimes.
                                                      This is a badly formed sentence.

The lack of basic reading comprehension around here amazes me sometimes is much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

The lack of basic reading comprehension around here amazes me sometimes is much better.
                                                        "Read don't skim motherfuckers"

Works better again!

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Wp.

Comment

I usually am therefore feel the constant need for clarification.

To field a few other questions

Normally it's either her or my girlfriend who park at the house (my gf lives there and is on the lease btw). Usually there is other spaces around right beside the house but last night there wasn't

The furthest parking space away is arguably the safest area in Dublin as it's beside Bertie's house so legit 24/7 Garda presence.

She has no problem with my gf parking near the house because "she works". This is an attempted dig at me for still being a college bum even though I've always paid my bills early. She has a proper air of supiority about the working even though I leave earlier and get home later I just don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                              Indeed, takes down the tone of the place. Should be left as a sanctuary for people getting sick in the street and wimmins in tacky hen gear
                                                              Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                              yea, it's really going to bring down the tone of the area....
                                                              More the fact that there are 2 on O'Connell Street, 1 in the Ilac center, 1 on Grafton Street and this. Would have being a perfect Sushi spot/ Craft beer off license/organic butcher .
                                                              Last edited by RasTa; 02-10-13, 12:15.
                                                              Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

She sounds like a proper wagon. BK, do not, under any circumstances, give in and allow her to park in your space.

Comment

When she comes home catch her up by the throat and very calmly say if she fucks with you again you are going to kill her.

Make sure no one is around to see and don't leave marks on her neck.
                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                    Going to get Laser Eye Surgery asap. Been recommended both the Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic. Anybody had it done? Any recommendations?
                                                                    I got it done it the Galway Clinic, so the same private hospital setup as those places. No complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                      When she comes home catch her up by the throat and very calmly say if she fucks with you again you are going to kill her.

Make sure no one is around to see and don't leave marks on her neck.
                                                                      eh, don't do this.
                                                                      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                        It's something which comes with a bit of experience. There are plenty of resources out there on how to avoid plagiarism in essays, have a read of one or two.

If you are presenting your information in coherent and sectioned way then it helps with the referencing. So for example if you are devoting a paragraph or two to a particular are of information then you are likely to be using facts from the same reference. So when you make it clear that you are using a particular reference at the beginning of said paragraph it can be implicit that facts in further sentences within the same narrow topic are also from that reference.

For example: "The Merkel PMS report (Hitler, 2012) found that Cyprus had an ass sucking surplus of 300% in 2011. In that same year it was found that there was 500% percent reduction in the sale of fezzes."

Ah I'm too tired to explain it well. There are tricks of the trade in phrasing to set that up to avoid referencing every time.

Basically go read some papers in the field you are in and see how they do it. You will get a feel for it if you read some with the purpose of picking up these points.

I would offer to check it for you and proof read (because your English is really bad, seriously go buy a grammar book, that isn't a joke, read the Oxford Book of English Grammar cover to cover imo or go through this: http://www.slideshare.net/iNNocent_b...swers-10118276 ) but your subject is too far away from my interest to stomach reading. But if you find yourself stuck for proofing on your terminal project / thesis give me a shout. But try to get someone imo.
                                                                        I am working on the proofreading. It wont be something I will neglect.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                        You shouldn't go overboard with references, You'll be able to see from other work that they reference now and again, not every little thing. You can have a reference or two at the end of a paragraph on a topic and so on. If it's from a single source you can say "According to x..." and reference at the end of the information once. You don't need to cite common information, eg information easily obtained from many sources: "American Declaration of Independence was signed in 1776". For instance I could ahve probably cited every sing sentence in this haha https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8NH...it?usp=sharing but I still went overboard doing far less.

Saw somebody on boards has 1000e bill from meteor, they told her youtube was fine, could watch x amount of hours, assumed netflix was similar and her son racked up all that pretty fast.

It should be tun through software such as Turnitin to detect plagiarism, for trinity my documents were expected to be 2-5% with 8% barely acceptable, my supervisor wouldn't even look at something 10-15%+. ideally you could get an account off a lecturer if you can, that's what I did. Ran it through myself to see I was in the all clear. More than 8% from me was a fail I believe.

Wait and why is she not on tot he other housemate, does she view you as a roll over? I'd be parking in "her" spot the first chance I get.

As for safety, I'd inform her of her sexist behaviour and that you fear rape.
                                                                        Thanks for that. Il have a proper read when I get home.
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ah yeah I'm passive aggressive to the max. Deliberate ignoring her and bitching on the Internet is likely the height of my action

Comment

I usually am therefore feel the constant need for clarification.

To field a few other questions

Normally it's either her or my girlfriend who park at the house (my gf lives there and is on the lease btw). Usually there is other spaces around right beside the house but last night there wasn't

The furthest parking space away is arguably the safest area in Dublin as it's beside Bertie's house so legit 24/7 Garda presence.

She has no problem with my gf parking near the house because "she works". This is an attempted dig at me for still being a college bum even though I've always paid my bills early. She has a proper air of supiority about the working even though I leave earlier and get home later I just don't understand
                                                                            So did you just want you to move your car as a once off last night?

Comment

Ah don't need to read my nonsense, just note that I you don't reference everything, have a gander at some research papers in the area.

Why do you even live there BK. Do you pay very little or something, why would anybody live with somebody like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                So did you just want you to move your car as a once off last night?
                                                                                Well I dunno how long she's wanted me to move it but she said it last night

Comment

Looking into setting up an PRSA AVC; I just want someone with low fees where I can stick loots into index funds. I requested an info pack from these guys: https://www.prsas.ie

Is there anyone else I should be looking at?

Comment

...
                                                                                    "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                      Looking into setting up an PRSA AVC; I just want someone with low fees where I can stick loots into index funds. I requested an info pack from these guys: https://www.prsas.ie

Is there anyone else I should be looking at?
                                                                                      A broader range may be available from LA brokers. Same execution only deal.

The only way for a regular punter to get something cheaper is to have access to a group DC plan. Scandalous that there aren't some industry wide DC plans available for those without access to an employer sponsored DC plan.

Once you go over 100k you can likely structure a cheaper pension arrangement than a PRSA if you know what you're doing, and/or if you want access to a broader range of self directed investment options.
                                                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                        Whats the Early morning lark about, choice or forced?
                                                                                        Thanks for asking SP, I didn't forget about it.
                                                                                        I've started a one year (PLC, heh) course in Applied Psychology on the other side of town - so that explains the 6.35am starts a few times a week.

I didn't respond to your post till now as I've been waiting to hear from social welfare as to whether they were on board for switching me to Back To Education status - which they did a few days ago, class bunch of lads to be fair.

At times, I feel somewhat silly about it, like going into little babies 'college'.
                                                                                        However with my previous aversion to education and contrasting it with how I was doing a year ago (and prior), it's still personally a pretty decent leap forward.
                                                                                        Also I wasn't ready to commit myself to a degree or remotely close knowing what that degree would be, should I want to do one at all.

tl:dr: I'm learnding

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                        dear the-rigger,

can i please request that you go out and get really drunk soon and maybe get arrested and write a huge post about your antics, those days were great, it makes midweek a lot easier for all of us,

regards,

IrishPokerBoards,

P.S. If you can include jbravado that would be super

Next order of business:

Drinking

When: This Friday, post work till late.
                                                                                        Where: Starting in Cassidy's (post work early birds) with pizza and a pint for a tenner, more pints, jenga, drinking jenga, dead arms.
                                                                                        Followed by: Gypsy Rose circa 9.15pm, pints, sneaky shoulders of vodka, ceoil as Deko, dead arms.
                                                                                        After that: Whatever people want, bail, stay, wherever will let us in, open to suggestion.

Why: Getting drunk is lolev, and I am putting some sort of marker on my birthday (which was yesterday) for a change.
                                                                                        It'll be an informal night, a small group. There are a few ipb'ers and non ipb'ers currently penciled in.

All of you are most welcome to pop along for a pint or 12 if you about, would be great to see you/meet you and bring whomever you like, as long as they are SOUND.

Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 02-10-13, 13:20.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

That bird needs the D
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Being able to transition between post 66861 and 66863 is the reason why the BBV is so great.
                                                                                            Double-decker bus enthusiast

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                                                              Going to get Laser Eye Surgery asap. Been recommended both the Mater Private and Blackrock Clinic. Anybody had it done? Any recommendations?
                                                                                              I got it done privately in Whitfield clinic in Waterford so the doctor there would be on a par with them. Absolutely no problems so far and I got it done ~4 years ago. In and out in an hour and played golf the next day with some bitching shades...

Under no circumstances should you leave your spot BK. Maybe if she was nice and polite about asking the first time about it I would have. But not after a rant and that absolutely immature thing with the UPC

If she keeps ranting go with finkles murder option. I'm sure mdoug will give an alibi, he seems like that kind of chap
                                                                                              Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by Rufio View Post
                                                                                                Being able to transition between post 66861 and 66863 is the reason why the BBV is so great.
                                                                                                What's your beef with Rigger?

Comment

...

Comment

Your flatmate can request you to move but should never feel 'entitled' to what is clearly your space. Saying No is also reasonable especially considering your current relationship. Simply saying 'Na, I don't like you enough' is fine. She needs to just suck that shit up. Perhaps if she wasn't such a crazy bitch you would have have been willing to accommodate her.

Hiding the broadband is very fucking uncool. Dont know what the solution is other than moving away at the end of the lease. But one thing is clear. You can never ever give up that space!!!
                                                                                                    Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

A PROFESSIONAL poker player who was feted on 'The Late Late Show' has lost €36,000 that he claimed was his after a judge ruled the cash was derived from the proceeds of crime.

Comment

30% seems pretty high, for instance my thesis was 1/2% and my supervisor wouldnt even look at anything to give suggestions if it was over 15%. Anyway turnitin was of great benefit!

Comment

...

Comment

Who will win the Man Booker 2013 prize? (profitable spoilers at the end):

http://www.sportsbettingonline.net/s...-prize-winner/
                                                                                                            LOL poor quality bluffing IMO

Whatever Harvest is its not boring its a worthy fav and will probably win.
                                                                                                            Lahari's Lowland is the most likely outsider but if anyone is getting a lifetime achievement it will be Colm Tobin on his third nomination.

Going to read either we need more names or start the Luminares this week, I'll get back to you closer to the award.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

When I originally submitted it to turnitin it would be higher all right, it went through several iterations, but as you can see why it thinks you plagiarised I simply rephrased it(perhaps needlessly) - along with false positives, I also never include references in it which i suppose would add up.

Just checked the old email outlining it "You should be expecting to get a similarity index between 2% and 8% for any documents that you write. Needless to say, I will not provide feedback/comments on documents that have a similarity value above about 15%"

Above 15% there was a rather condescending piece about going and reading what plagiarism is.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

I suppose the % is fairly meaningless without the paper in particular, as it could be 15 x 1% or 1 x 15% etc

Anyway I'm not going to be thinking much any more, off to amsterdam for 9 days in the morning, baibai work

Comment

Remember a guy from a few years ago who used to submit stuff that always showed up as 0%, and it was just that no-one would ever in the history of the printed word contemplate such a brilliantly weird array of thoughts.
                                                                                                                      He posts here as elshambles.

Comment

...

Comment

Tell her she's not in any danger walking to the other parking spot and that YOU are the danger.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X