This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
    See there's another tournament in the regency. If you knew the owners of this place.... they got all their furniture, brought it 2nd hand , and re- upholstered all of it. Went to antique auctions and bars and hotels that were closing down, to get most of the stuff i.e optics, trinkets, tables, chairs, everything really. Also recycled some stuff that was getting too old looking in other places they owned and threw it in there. When they were "doing" the place up, there wasn't an Irish man in the place so obviously labour was cheap. Linen is outsourced to a place the other side of town because its 50 euro cheaper per week. Place they used to source some of their food closed down for some dodgy stuff which I can't really go into.The place should be like an example of a business model.
    Where did you source this from?
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      I'm bored.
      Get creative so

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
        Bah, decided to impulse buy a nexus 10 from the UK play store using tunnelbear as a UK VPN (which worked fine), delivering to the Parcel Motel using their NI address and a friends visa debit card that is registered in Scotland where he is from, but the play store is saying no dice. Anyone any idea? My impulse buy is losing the will to live at this stage.
        Did you get this sorted yet? I can get it for you if you haven't.
        . .

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Get creative so
          Bored and lazy.

Will drink coffee.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
            See ROG managed to keep his spot on the bench. Sterling work at the end of the springboks match obviously more impressive than the ulstermans work in the thumping last weekend.
            If thats the biggest gripe you have with the 22 then I think Kidney has done a good job, no comp-laints with that 15 tbh, Murray and Darcy the only two I would not include but even those are marginal calls.
            Last edited by premierstone; 22-11-12, 14:47.

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
              See ROG managed to keep his spot on the bench. Sterling work at the end of the springboks match obviously more impressive than the ulstermans work in the thumping last weekend.
              any update on sextons injury could see rog a lot sooner than you think,reports are its a groin strain which by its nature could return if forced too early apparently.
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Anybody able to do me a solid and buy an external hard drive from Groupon for me? Can ship to you via PayPal or Boylepoker something like that?

See they have a deal for a USB 3.0 2tb €99 or 3tb €149 HERE for anybody else that might be interested, for me I would like the 2tb, send me a PM or post here if it's possible, cheers.

Comment

I can

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                    If thats the biggest gripe you have with the 22 then I think Kidney has done a good job, no comp-laints with that 15 tbh, Murray and Darcy the only two I would not include but even those are marginal calls.
                    Darren Cave is an actual outside centre.

Would allow us to play Earls at FB with Zebo off the bench with 20 minutes left.

We'd also do well with a scrum half at 9 instead of a Mike Phillips cardboard cutout but slower at passing. Marshall did enough to displace D'Arcy, and Jackson did enough to bury ROG but Kidney knows 'his lads' and they're 'ready for another go', and 'do a job'.

This game is going to be utter muck unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                      to be honest I'm slightly wary of large volume SSD's (or at least, large by current SSD standards). Given current stability standards on SSD's (not that they are bad, just that they seem to fail slightly easier than old school spinny disks) using an SSD for OS/programs and another drive for data storage (where access speed isn't necessarily as important) kind of removes the need for larger sized disks. If you have a decent storage plan then there is no real impetus to go for the larger size.

also, be careful if you're putting it into a laptop. Not all drive bays are identical and some models may not fit SSD's snugly. Look up reviews of your model and see if others have replaced SSDs successfully.
                      Do you have any links to articles about the failure rates? I'd be interested to read up on them. Have you tried any of the hybrid ssd/hdd drives yet?

Comment

Originally posted by one ill cat View Post
                        Did you get this sorted yet? I can get it for you if you haven't.
                        Thanks Cat. My initial wave of impulse buying has receded somewhat, and I'm trying to decide if I want to spend ~€470 on it (32gb model). If I do decide to pull the trigger I'll PM you in the next day or so if that's ok?

Cheers,

Dom

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                          My biggest grip perhaps but one among a few. Murray shouldn't be on the pitch or the bench imo.

Cave and Marshall are a great center pairing as we saw last week. Cant give Cave a real shot at 13 tho or Earls wont get to play in the position he wants to even if it is not where he is suited.

Agree with the Gilroy call up and Trimble straight off the team. It is a form based decision but only happens cause its an Ulster man for another. Cave in at 13 earls into 15. Zebo impact sub for 15,11 or 14 dependent on what happens and Mcfadden hits on as a centre at some stage dependent on if cave looks ropey or darcy get tired.

Pack is about right tho so will give him that much but more by fluke than design I think. We should be a match up front but think it may well boil over and massive test for Heaslip to keep his team in line, not give away stupid penalties and most importantly players out of the bin.

Would have laughed at anyone who suggested 2 seasons ago I would be looking for a mainly Ulster backline but you have to play what is working and they are the guys on form and on the rise. Return of the Rog at 10 and sexton at 12 on around 50 minutes this time I think. Mcfadden again to get put on the wing no matter what is going on around the rest of the pitch. Going to be ugly stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                            Do you have any links to articles about the failure rates? I'd be interested to read up on them. Have you tried any of the hybrid ssd/hdd drives yet?

this one is good:
                            Does a lack of moving parts translate to higher reliability? That's the assumption many enthusiasts and IT professionals make about SSDs. We go straight to the data centers using these devices, dig into failure rate statistics, and suggest otherwise.
                            Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Thanks Cat. My initial wave of impulse buying has receded somewhat, and I'm trying to decide if I want to spend ~€470 on it (32gb model). If I do decide to pull the trigger I'll PM you in the next day or so if that's ok?

Cheers,

Dom
                              No probs. I'm back & forth fairly frequently so there's no expiry on it if you'd rather hold off for a bit.
                              . .

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                Darren Cave is an actual outside centre.
                                I'm becoming increasingly sceptical about Earls at centre.
                                Wouldn't see much point in rotating him at FB with Zebo because they will share the same defensive weaknesses and will try to attack too often leaving us without cover at the wrong times.
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                  I'm becoming increasingly sceptical about Earls at centre.
                                  Wouldn't see much point in rotating him at FB with Zebo because they will share the same defensive weaknesses and will try to attack too often leaving us without cover at the wrong times.
                                  Earls simply isn't a centre. No matter that he thinks he is, or wants to be one. His game is a wingers, and a really fucking good wingers at that.

Comment

Saw this article online about Blaaaaaah

You’re never told about these things. They don’t exist until they happen.” Jason Tompkins could be talking about a lot of things because at just 27, a lot of things have happened that make him unlike any other 27-year-old. He still lives in his home-town of Athy and walks and talks like anyone his

Comment

Dont ya love holding doors open for people that are too far away, just to see them do that awkward little run hehehehhehe!
                                      Her sky-ness
                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Nearly peed myself last night at this simpsons clip.

lo mas descojonante que he visto en los ultimos años de Los simpson xD
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

An elderly couple refused to relocate from their apartment building in the city of Wenling, in Zhejiang province, China and so the road was built around the house.

Comment

Go Home Car, You're Drunk!

Comment

NFL from 5.30 tonight... Super Bonus

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                                                NFL from 5.30 tonight... Super Bonus
                                                Only just noticed that. Happy giving thanks day!

Comment

Stakes
                                                  Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatiam View Post
                                                    I can
                                                    Was that aimed at me?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                      Anybody able to do me a solid and buy an external hard drive from Groupon for me? Can ship to you via PayPal or Boylepoker something like that?

See they have a deal for a USB 3.0 2tb €99 or 3tb €149 HERE for anybody else that might be interested, for me I would like the 2tb, send me a PM or post here if it's possible, cheers.
                                                      I thought you needed an account to order this and you don't (wanna save myself the spam from them) just ordered it through PayPal myself, had been on the lookout for a new hard drive to store my photos.

Comment

Chevy Chase is leaving Community wonder how this will affect the show, I've never really been a fan of his character.

Comment

@eamonhonda

Try isohunt.com, should get all seasons of its always sunny on there. Yeah first 5 seasons is quality havnt seen the more recent ones

Comment

Was sitting looking out at the lashing rain at 5.50pm and said to Mia . do you want to give football training a miss tonight. nah not a hope little fecker. so went off with her and sat in the car for the hour. Got out 5 mins earlier to watch her running around the place in the pissing rain. Only girl there and her second year into it. such a tomboy lol!!

Could be on the Laois ladies team yet!
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

I thought you needed an account to order this and you don't (wanna save myself the spam from them) just ordered it through PayPal myself, had been on the lookout for a new hard drive to store my photos.
                                                              ok no worries

Comment

Got an XPS desktop and it seemed way to loud for a brand new comp, so I rang up Dell and they sent out a new one. Got the new one yest and its the same, kind of has a tone which is pretty annoying once you notice it. It must be just standard for these towers but kind of wierd as all the reviews were saying its as quiet as any. Just trying to decide to send it back altogether, get a different one and its the same noise level would be a nice waste of time. Is noise just expected when you get a powerful machine? any advice be appreciated..

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                  See there's another tournament in the regency. If you knew the owners of this place.... they got all their furniture, brought it 2nd hand , and re- upholstered all of it. Went to antique auctions and bars and hotels that were closing down, to get most of the stuff i.e optics, trinkets, tables, chairs, everything really. Also recycled some stuff that was getting too old looking in other places they owned and threw it in there. When they were "doing" the place up, there wasn't an Irish man in the place so obviously labour was cheap. Linen is outsourced to a place the other side of town because its 50 euro cheaper per week. Place they used to source some of their food closed down for some dodgy stuff which I can't really go into.The place should be like an example of a business model.
                                                                  I don't really get this post. What's wrong with any of that?

Sounds like the right way to do things imo.
                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Pretty sick by Greg Raymer to win 4 out of 15 HPT events this year, with average fields of between 300 and 400.

Comment

Might start making white russians at home. Is kaluha easy to find?

...it's important to set goals.
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Every offo should have it.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post

You won't find it too easily online, I'd try bricks and mortar shops if I was you, they don't mind spelling once you pronounce it right.
                                                                          Last edited by Lazare; 22-11-12, 20:18.
                                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                                            Got an XPS desktop and it seemed way to loud for a brand new comp, so I rang up Dell and they sent out a new one. Got the new one yest and its the same, kind of has a tone which is pretty annoying once you notice it. It must be just standard for these towers but kind of wierd as all the reviews were saying its as quiet as any. Just trying to decide to send it back altogether, get a different one and its the same noise level would be a nice waste of time. Is noise just expected when you get a powerful machine? any advice be appreciated..
                                                                            I bought an XPS 8300 tower in January, it is an absolute beast of a desktop and it is very, very quiet. I've owned about half a dozen desktops previously, those were powerful gaming machines as well, so am comparing the sound to those.

Comment

Theres hardly some magic way of getting skygo on the nexus 7?
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

I haven't managed it any way.

Comment

Couple of bets on. Prob just aftertime them rather than embarrass myself as usual
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Yup can be got anywhere. We bought it in tesco before
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

The data commissioner form needs the name of the group who made the calls. Where would one get that?

Story in the IT about your mystery caller. Funny, I glanced at the earlier web story and they'd been shutdown, when I refreshed the page the report said they'd started back up again.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I should never have met you in person. My image of you always resembled the dude. This would have topped it off.

What exactly is in a white Russian again
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by thegreatiam View Post
                                                                                          ok no worries
                                                                                          Cheers Sir appreciate the heads up.

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                          Pretty sick by Greg Raymer to win 4 out of 15 HPT events this year, with average fields of between 300 and 400.
                                                                                          What's the buying & up top for the win?

Comment

Cheers Sir appreciate the heads up.

He was always considered a sicko though right?
                                                                                            "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post

Was HPT not caught up in the whole Epic Poker league debacle. Some record got 106k for last win

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                                I bought an XPS 8300 tower in January, it is an absolute beast of a desktop and it is very, very quiet. I've owned about half a dozen desktops previously, those were powerful gaming machines as well, so am comparing the sound to those.
                                                                                                hmm i wouldnt describe this as quiet, the opposite really. hardly have got two dodgy ones, maybe im just used to laptops which are much quieter in general?

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Actually, for any Lebowski fans that haven't seen or read Wonder boys, you really should check it out.

Wonder Boys movie clips: http://j.mp/1BcUA6GBUY THE MOVIE: http://amzn.to/tMVglrDon't miss the HOTTEST NEW TRAILERS: http://bit.ly/1u2y6prCLIP DESCRIPTION:Wh...

It also has a James Brown look a like (obv) and an Oscar winning soundtrack.

Official HD Video for ”Things Have Changed” by Bob Dylan Listen to Bob Dylan: https://bobdylan.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the Bob Dylan YouTube channel: htt...

Comment

hmm i wouldnt describe this as quiet, the opposite really. hardly have got two dodgy ones, maybe im just used to laptops which are much quieter in general?
                                                                                                      You could probably get a large aftermarket cooler and swap the chassis fans out for less than €100. Customize their speeds as necessary and it would be much quieter. However your gpu fan might be main offender in noise making. You'd probably have to swap out the whole to reduce the decibels.
                                                                                                      Last edited by coillcam; 22-11-12, 20:43.

Comment

You could probably get a large aftermarket cooler and swap the chassis fans out for less than €100. Customize their speeds as necessary and it would be much quieter. However your gpu fan might be main offender in noise making. You'd have to swap it out to reduce the decibels.
                                                                                                        it doesnt seem like its the fan whats the loud part, more of a buzzing/steady-tone noise. Probably going to send it back and swap for a lower spec, that should be quieter?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=7955

He was always considered a sicko though right?
                                                                                                          Nice results, his back to back run at the WSOP was pretty good always seemed like a nice dude.

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                                                                                                          Was HPT not caught up in the whole Epic Poker league debacle. Some record got 106k for last win
                                                                                                          I've no idea.

Comment

lol, from the front page

Welcome to our newest member, WhileRayBitarGentlyWeeps

Comment

Tia Maria & Milk > White Russians
                                                                                                              lol, from the front page
                                                                                                              Ugh, his name will bork the forum.

Comment

Anyone seen anything like Maria's facial expressions in the Apprentice? id fire her head wrecked just watching her.

Comment

it doesnt seem like its the fan whats the loud part, more of a buzzing/steady-tone noise. Probably going to send it back and swap for a lower spec, that should be quieter?
                                                                                                                  Not strictly true that a lower spec guarantees this. You could build a very quiet PC from scratch much easier and cheaper than dell through hardwareversand.de. Provided you don't need huge specs for gaming etc. I'd get a passively cooled silent gpu if it does the job. Get a bigger cooler with a bigger fan set for low speeds and have the chassis fans if present or required on a low setting. Alternatively water cooling is a guaranteed solution but much more expensive and not very practical at all. Speaking of practical you could submerge your PC in oil or a non-conductive liquid like below for shits and giggles. No fans in sight.

SPOILER

Comment

Hans Roslin's programme The Joy of Stats starting on bbc4 now is relevant to the interests of many here
                                                                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Different class

Comment

Stolen from twitter.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Not strictly true that a lower spec guarantees this. You could build a very quiet PC from scratch much easier and cheaper than dell through hardwareversand.de. Provided you don't need huge specs for gaming etc. I'd get a passively cooled silent gpu if it does the job. Get a bigger cooler with a bigger fan set for low speeds and have the chassis fans if present or required on a low setting. Alternatively water cooling is a guaranteed solution but much more expensive and not very practical at all. Speaking of practical you could submerge your PC in oil or a non-conductive liquid like below for shits and giggles. No fans in sight.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                          Wow, that's pretty cool - very, very nerdy but cool!

Again, I've an XPS 8300 tower, i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz and an ATI Radeon 6850 1GB graphics card, both are under heavy enough load with my gaming - and the machine is still very quiet, can barely hear the fans at all. Seems strange that a different XPS tower would be really loud (unless smoothcall is expecting it to be 100% silent?)

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X