X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bills showing

Comment

A couple of months ago two friends knowingly spoilered Game of Thrones for me, and spent the whole weekend laughing about it and generally feeling great about themselves.

I have waited a long time for this, but tomorrow morning they are both going to be waking up to very direct, straight-to-the-point spoilers for Breaking Bad.

Both of them say Breaking Bad is the greatest programme they've ever seen, so to say they'll be annoyed is a serious understatement. I'm almost more excited by this than the actual episode.

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
        A couple of months ago two friends knowingly spoilered Game of Thrones for me, and spent the whole weekend laughing about it and generally feeling great about themselves.

I have waited a long time for this, but tomorrow morning they are both going to be waking up to very direct, straight-to-the-point spoilers for Breaking Bad.

Both of them say Breaking Bad is the greatest programme they've ever seen, so to say they'll be annoyed is a serious understatement. I'm almost more excited by this than the actual episode.
        Yes!

I hope you are doing this face to face? Over text wont do the sweet feeling justice.
        This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
        All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
        The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Comment

smurph is one sick cunt

Her sky-ness
            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
              Yes!

I hope you are doing this face to face? Over text wont do the sweet feeling justice.
              They're in Spain unfortunately and I'm in Dublin. I'm going to have to fit the spoiler into the very first words of the message, because very quickly they'll realise what's going on.

Comment

I dunno.

Spoilering a series finale is alot worse than a season finale, they might actually kill you OR was it the GOT completely spoiled?

Comment

They're in Spain unfortunately and I'm in Dublin. I'm going to have to fit the spoiler into the very first words of the message, because very quickly they'll realise what's going on.
                  Call them. MAKE THEM HURT.
                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    ^^^

Re Breaking Bad Series Finale. I've set up a thread

Please keep ALL Breaking Bad chat to this thread. This will avoid the BBV being full of
                    bb
                    SPOILER

bb
                    SPOILER
                    omgz

This also includes people coming on here to post wow, omgz, that was crap, etc etc.

Essentially keep it off the BBV this time round please
                    I'm constantly amazed that people think Miley getting caught having it off with the young wan can ever be topped as tv drama. Unless we're talking the episode where Blackie Connors nearly rode Biddy....

What's new is wonderful I suppose.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                      I dunno.

Spoilering a series finale is alot worse than a season finale, they might actually kill you OR was it the GOT completely spoiled?
                      I've read all the GOT books and while you cant give away the ending (cause it's not finished being written yet) there are MASSIVE plot elements you could give away
                      You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                      World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                        I dunno.

It basically made the entire third series redundant.

The thing is they had absolutely no reason to do it, and it wasn't one of those situations where it just slipped out either.

Good chance they'll never speak to me again, but a risk I'm willing to take. I'm not even that good mates with one of them and actually think he's a bit of a knob, so I'll take even more pleasure out of that one.

Comment

It basically made the entire third series redundant.

The thing is they had absolutely no reason to do it, and it wasn't one of those situations where it just slipped out either.

Good chance they'll never speak to me again, but a risk I'm willing to take. I'm not even that good mates with one of them and actually think he's a bit of a knob, so I'll take even more pleasure out of that one.
                          By the sounds of it, you'd better read all the books associated with GOT now, as well as looking over your proverbial shoulder for all other tv shows and major films, etc.

I admire the principle, but in the long term it might not be worth it. I agree with your major annoyance though, as I hate things being spoilered on me or others.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                            the young one from Dublin on the Sunday Game would surely revisit her choice of dress were she given another chance.
                            Elaborate please.
                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Anyone who has read the book or seen the series can guess what he had spoiled. I think if it was that particular event then he's completely justified.

Opr

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                  Oh that's a terrible thing. GOT is a grand fantasy series nicely updated with cool CGI, but BB is the series of our lifetime.
                                  I hope you're drunk
                                  Last edited by ghostface; 29-09-13, 21:53.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                      I hope you're drunk
                                      im not disagreeing with you, but what would you say isthe best, or top 5 in no order if one is too hard?
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Oh gods not this conversation again.
                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Are Yorkshire puddings paleo?

What if I cover them in gravy?
                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Nah, head stuck in datasets all day though so might be the equiv in terms of mental capacity. What do you mean - are you against BB being GOAT or in favour of GOT being GOAT?
                                              I am against BB being the GOAT and would suggest GOT is very good and bit more than reliant on a nice bit of CGI. Way too many capital letters.

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                              im not disagreeing with you, but what would you say isthe best, or top 5 in no order if one is too hard?
                                              A clear top 3 in my opinion are The Wire, The Sopranos and The West Wing.

BB is top 10, prob nearer to top 5 I suppose. Really loved NYPD Blue and few other older things such as X Files and the likes. All get overlooked now. Southland was excellent and have a soft spot for FNL altho wish Season 2 could be revisited.

Boardwalk and Treme will prob fill the top 5 by the end of their run

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                  Oh gods not this conversation again.
                                                  i wasnt really gettin into that, just ghotsface watches and posts a lot about tv shows and i dont remember catching his fav or top 5
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

meh bubbled! 110 E
                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

I am against BB being the GOAT and would suggest GOT is very good and bit more than reliant on a nice bit of CGI. Way too many capital letters.

A clear top 3 in my opinion are The Wire, The Sopranos and The West Wing.

BB is top 10, prob nearer to top 5 I suppose. Really loved NYPD Blue and few other older things such as X Files and the likes. All get overlooked now. Southland was excellent and have a soft spot for FNL altho wish Season 2 could be revisited.

Murder She Wrote

/discussion

Comment

Comment

Really loved NYPD Blue and few other older things such as X Files and the likes. All get overlooked now. Southland was excellent and have a soft spot for FNL altho wish Season 2 could be revisited.

Feel like I'm in a minority of one here. Just don't like/get Breaking Bad at all. Makes no difference to me that the rest of the planet loves it. Most people love U2, I probably love 1.7 of their songs, ever.

'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' would still be in my top 10. That, and 'The Sweeney'
                                                          Last edited by ComradeCollie; 29-09-13, 22:15.
                                                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

BB isn't the GOAT but it's the first TV show I've followed strongly where I'll get to watch the conclusion in relatively real time.
                                                            Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-09-13, 22:17.

Comment

Broncos are good enough without the refs giving them piss easy penalties!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                  BB isn't the GOAT but it's the first TV show I've followed strongly where I'll get to watch the conclusion in relatively real time.
                                                                  Yeah, comparing it to JFK's assassination was a bit odd. Though missing the moon landing live still pisses me off
                                                                  Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Everyone is different.

Comment

how about those broncos
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

Jaysis, just back from 'Prisoners' in the cinema. Brutal stuff altogether.
                                                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Find it awfully annoying that hairs grow in the nose. Seems that hairs creeping out the nose is the ultimate sign of someone who has given up on life. Bought a few nose hair trimmers in the past and they've never properly worked, so about to roll the dice on this bad boy. Anyone any thoughts on an alternative?
                                                                              Internal nasal hair seems a pointless thing, but actually does the crucial job of goalkeeper to stop dangerous particles getting into/onto the lungs.
                                                                              (Obviously you still want to stop the hairs creeping out).

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                Jaysis, just back from 'Prisoners' in the cinema. Brutal stuff altogether.
                                                                                Bit of a tough watch but a well put together movie imo.
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Find it awfully annoying that hairs grow in the nose. Seems that hairs creeping out the nose is the ultimate sign of someone who has given up on life. Bought a few nose hair trimmers in the past and they've never properly worked, so about to roll the dice on this bad boy. Anyone any thoughts on an alternative?
                                                                                  Have something similar, stops you picking your nose as well, nose stubble is harsh
                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                    Bit of a tough watch but a well put together movie imo.
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    Gyllenhaal was a pretty good detective but it was way over long, too dark as well, I mean relentlessly so. Also, no way the dad survives that long down in the hole.

Feel like I need to watch 5 hours of Curb Your Enthusiasm to compensate.

Comment

Reading this at the moment btw. A surprisingly good book looking at how so much of our lives are driven by habits. A little bit too on how to change bad habits.
                                                                                      Some of the business chapters are interesting, such as the one about Febreze.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

How do women not have the issue so?
                                                                                              Probably comes under the women having less facial hair category. Less testosterone being the reason I'd say?

The living longer thing is probably because they don't do all that much.

Comment

I see Cormac Mccarthy has written his first screenplay, 'The Counsellor'. Wiki says it's going to be released as a book as well. Bit backwards?

It's directed by Ridley Scott, wtf happened with his brother Tony? I just read he killed himself in August?

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                  Originally posted by KevIRL
                                                                                                  Seeing as Lloyd is about.

Been keeping a track of Irelands Olympic hopefuls for Rio, obviously not a whole load of major events on as the games only finished a few months back. Some great success stories though
                                                                                                  Clarance Kennedy, self thought weight lifter from Kerry.
                                                                                                  Qualified in group A for european juniors comp held last week.

Was in 6th place going after the snatch, but a no lift in the C+J see him with a DNF.
                                                                                                  He's definitely good enough to medal here had he made the lift.
                                                                                                  Still only 19 so he'll be at juniors next year then has Rio potential
                                                                                                  Digging up a post form last December here, but Clarance took third place in the European juniors last week.

Getting up from a missed final clean like a boss

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                                                    I see Cormac Mccarthy has written his first screenplay, 'The Counsellor'. Wiki says it's going to be released as a book as well. Bit backwards?
                                                                                                    Saw it in a shop this week, it's actually the screenplay itself.

Comment

Planning on running in the Sydney Marathon next year or certainly a marathon, could just as easily be Dublin in 2014 as not 100% sure that I will still be in Sydney.
                                                                                                      Would like to put on some bets on a finishing time if anyone is willing to take some action.

As a background I've only started doing some running in the last 4-5 months, previous to this I never ran more than 5km. However since then I've run in a 10km, 14km and a 9km and also doing Tough Mudder in 2 weeks which is around 20km but I probably won't run much of that as the team I am in is pretty weak so they won't be fit to run much of it and its quite a lot of upper body strength required as well so can't really compare it to a half marathon.

If anyone is interested let me know, would probably bet up to $2k if I got action that I liked, would be a time based bet!

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                        As a background I've only started doing some running in the last 4-5 months, previous to this I never ran more than 5km. However since then I've run in a 10km, 14km and a 9km and also doing Tough Mudder in 2 weeks which is around 20km but I probably won't run much of that as the team I am in is pretty weak so they won't be fit to run much of it and its quite a lot of upper body strength required as well so can't really compare it to a half marathon.
                                                                                                        The poor bastards that ran the marathon this year, the dry heat was awful weather for running in. But I've a feeling that you know this first hand, I'm guessing that 9km race was the bridge run the same day. And the 14km, at a guess City 2 surf.

I'd be interested in an over/under bet. No idea where I'd put the line right now tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                          The poor bastards that ran the marathon this year, the dry heat was awful weather for running in. But I've a feeling that you know this first hand, I'm guessing that 9km race was the bridge run the same day. And the 14km, at a guess City 2 surf.

I'd be interested in an over/under bet. No idea where I'd put the line right now tbh.
                                                                                                          I ran the 9km that day without having trained since City 2 Surf so was totally bollixed after about 5km in. It was a very warm morning alright, but a really nice run and not often a race starts on your doorstep either!!

Let me know what you think, I really need some extra motivation to get training for this.

Comment

I ran the 9km that day without having trained since City 2 Surf so was totally bollixed after about 5km in. It was a very warm morning alright, but a really nice run and not often a race starts on your doorstep either!!

Let me know what you think, I really need some extra motivation to get training for this.
                                                                                                            I've done the bridge run twice, its a nice run scenic run. Not quite in my doorstep though
                                                                                                            The second time I ran it, it was a much hotter day than the previous year, the heat was draining, only manage a slightly faster time despite feeling a lot fitter. Overcast and a bit of drizzle please.

I had intentions of the 21km half marathon the next year but that went out the window. No interest in running atm but would consider a toughmudder type race I suppose.

I'll elt you know with the over/under.

Comment

Gwantheparish!
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What were your times for the previous races?

How long do you have to prepare?

Fairly wide open guessing at times without this info, 3:25-> 4:15 all possibly good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                  What were your times for the previous races?

How long do you have to prepare?

Fairly wide open guessing at times without this info, 3:25-> 4:15 all possibly good times!
                                                                                                                  Sydney marathon is September 2014 and Dublin I'm assuming is October 2014, will be aiming for one or the other so I've got about a year to prepare I guess!

I've not compared the difficulty of the courses yet.

9.2km with slight hills was 43:43
                                                                                                                  10km which was totally flat was 46:43
                                                                                                                  14km with good hills was 66:45

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                    Saw it in a shop this week, it's actually the screenplay itself.
                                                                                                                    Cormac McCarthy writing about a lawyer for drug-dealers? I'd say it's a feelgood pick-me-up that'll chase away the winter blues.
                                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

HON THE BANNER!!

Comment

any electricians on here?

Need to install a second hand oven in a friends' house later. Oven was delivered without any cable (apparently this is the norm). http://ao.com/product/FSE50FDOS-Bell...ver-26749.aspx

There's a faceplate on the wall to connect to, which looks pretty easy tbh.

What am I going to find when I'm trying to connect the cable to the oven? And any particular cable to look for / avoid?

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                          any electricians on here?

Need to install a second hand oven in a friends' house later. Oven was delivered without any cable (apparently this is the norm). http://ao.com/product/FSE50FDOS-Bell...ver-26749.aspx

There's a faceplate on the wall to connect to, which looks pretty easy tbh.

What am I going to find when I'm trying to connect the cable to the oven? And any particular cable to look for / avoid?

Cheers
                                                                                                                          Whatever you do, make sure and turn electricity off!!!
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X