Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Fellaini deal falls through it will provide much hilarity. I know utd are still 1/20 to finish ahead of Liverpool anyhow, but it's still funny with this imposter, or not authorised to deal thing, or whatever it was.

Comment

Phil Neville been re-reged as a player

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
        Phil Neville been re-reged as a player
        hehe - one of my fondest memories was watching a cm pairing of Phil Neville and Quinton Fortune lead united to a 2-0 win over liverpool (with a smattering of help from Forlan/Dudek's glass jaw at his near post). If this transfer is anything to go by, could be reliving that glorious partnership soon enough

Comment

All the teams in the EPL have improved their squad and/or manager while United have kept the same squad and have had to seriously down grade their manager.

Comment

Transfer deadline day has killed boards it seems, or severely wounded it at least.

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
              It was one of the ignorant assumptions I referred to. Despite the meaningless question mark at the end of your "question" it's clear your intent was to display your preconceived negative opinion of Cohen's talents rather than to actually canvass opinion from the board
              So tiresome, so wrong.

How do you so often receive posts arseways?

The bolded parts sums your comprehension skills completely.

I believe I have successfully managed to confer with Senior Duke on his opinion of the artist, in a single post response, something you have failed to do (attempt?) in three.

My reason for the original question (seems so long ago......) was hearing anecdotal evidence of performers such as Barbera Streisand and Neil Young being, lets say sub-par. In my foolish youth, I have sought to increase my knowledge of the situation by asking more informed people of their views! How ignorant of myself! Silly Micknail!

Know yore place!
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Fuck off Sky Sports.

QPR are a championship team, we don't give a fuck.

Comment

Benoit Assou Akkoto (lol sp) is a decent Premiership left back. Krancjar handy too. Great signings by Rednapp for a Championship team.
                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                    Is there anything to be said for Scholes coming out of retirement?

Comment

Top notch entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                        Benoit Assou Akkoto (lol sp) is a decent Premiership left back. Krancjar handy too. Great signings by Rednapp for a Championship team.
                        Let leave due to not being properly fit last year and failed his medicals over in France recently.

Comment

He needs the WWE belt in hand for the pic. Dublin Supremacy

Comment

Please Anichebe, please let you have signed the wrong piece of paper.

Comment

Still possible United got Fellani. Lets not celebrate just yet.

Comment

United pick up 2 in Fergie time?

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                  So tiresome, so wrong.

How do you so often receive posts arseways?

The bolded parts sums your comprehension skills completely.

I believe I have successfully managed to confer with Senior Duke on his opinion of the artist, in a single post response, something you have failed to do (attempt?) in three.

My reason for the original question (seems so long ago......) was hearing anecdotal evidence of performers such as Barbera Streisand and Neil Young being, lets say sub-par. In my foolish youth, I have sought to increase my knowledge of the situation by asking more informed people of their views! How ignorant of myself! Silly Micknail!

Know yore place!
                                  You certainly have an interesting way of trying to increase your knowledge. Surely you could have just asked the board if they had seen Leonard Cohen perform lately? I would have been quite happy to share my feelings on his last performance in Dublin and advise that a pair of tickets are easily worth 230 euro.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                    He needs the WWE belt in hand for the pic. Dublin Supremacy

WWE belt would make no difference. The cnut has a man-bag for Christ's sake.
                                    Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                      WWE belt would make no difference. The cnut has a man-bag for Christ's sake.
                                      thats his arm in a sling not a man bag fwiw

Comment

Is Fellaini anywhere near what Utd need?

Comment

United get it done with Fellani. £27m though, lol.

Comment

Was just looking at a list of transfers and saw Chelsea had signed a player from a Chilean club with this splendid name:
                                            O'Higgins FC

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                              Is Fellaini anywhere near what Utd need?

He'll provide Moyes with a great long ball option which is what will suit him.

Comment

Just finished work , on the road since 11am ,at home since 9.30 but had paper work to do.

went out on my own today for the first time and got two sales, well almost three ( customer did not have a UAN number to log third)
                                                It was tough tough going especially with mia's first back at school. got home and had to put her to bed , we had 20mins together .

I feel so confident now after having a stressful worrying weekend. So much to do , re logging sales ( 22 pages in all with customer) 1500 leads on paper have to be written into a copy book for journey planning the next day! Thats what I have been doing for the last 2 hours , looking up leads then google maps finding estates close together!

Im up since 7am but full of adrenalin after getting my first sales. Hardest job I ever had but actually quite happy and now the journey plan is done ( for at least 3 days) makes me happy out!

my weekends are gonna be FULL with journey planning lol over a nice glass of vino

Good nite!
                                                Her sky-ness
                                                © 5starpool

Comment

McCarthy just become one of Rep Of Ireland's most expensive players ever?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                    Still possible United got Fellani. Lets not celebrate just yet.
                                                    Glolm.

I reckon Everton have had the best of it this transfer window.

I think they have an ideal striker for their style of play in Lukaku, McCarthy will know the ideas Martinez shall try to implement, and lets not forget, the villa side with Gaz Baz in the middle were doing quite well before being broken up.
                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Coentrao on loan came out of nowhere

Comment

£27.5M for Fellaini ... a trifling 4 or 4.5M over his expired buyout clause

Apparently the Herrera deal fell through because United didn't want to meet the buyout clause, something they knew about since approaching the player. They decided this after giving the guy a shirt number, asking him to be available for a medical, seeing him volunteer to take a paycut and make it abundantly clear to fans of his current employers that he wanted to leave. United apparently still 'like' him, which will be a huge comfort I'm sure.

Top class players will doubtless be queueing up to sign for united come January/next July.

Off to do the drinking gin by yourself version of comfort eating

Comment

Harry signs Kranjcar for a third time...

Proper Championship Manager stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                            You certainly have an interesting way of trying to increase your knowledge. Surely you could have just asked the board if they had seen Leonard Cohen perform lately? I would have been quite happy to share my feelings on his last performance in Dublin and advise that a pair of tickets are easily worth 230 euro.
                                                            From now on you can take it for granted I have zero interest in your expression of your views.
                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                              Coentrao on loan came out of nowhere
                                                              Really have no idea why Moyes had such a hard on to find a new left back .. Evra has been great last 12-18 months. Contrao is quality though

Comment

Job's a good un.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Its far from a total disaster for United.

Felliani in, Fabio Coentrao in, Rooney kept.

The manner of it was unbecoming and hopefully we wont see the likes again. But all told its not too bad

Comment

Wow, United confirming they were falsely represented by fake officials for Herrera.

Opr

Comment

Utd get the dunce cap for sure. If they wanted Fellaini, just fucking pony up the cash a while back and get him for the release clause price; have him integrated into the squad and ready for the competitive season. Save yourself a few quid in the process.

Everton played that one well to be fair to them.
                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Coentrao cunt, Spuds were trying to get him for ages and he didn't fancy us. Don't blame him tbh.

Fellaini is such a good signing, I'm a huge fan of him.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                          Wow, United confirming they were falsely represented by fake officials for Herrera.

Opr
                                                                          That whole thing seems so fucked up that it seems like a bullet well dodged, especially for the monies being bandied about, €42million once the tax was paid along with the fee, fuck that.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                            Utd get the dunce cap for sure. If they wanted Fellaini, just fucking pony up the cash a while back and get him for the release clause price; have him integrated into the squad and ready for the competitive season. Save yourself a few quid in the process.

Everton played that one well to be fair to them.
                                                                            Hit the nail on the head re having him earlier, doubt they care too much about the extra few mil, but getting him in sooner would have been such a bonus, especially looking back at the last 2 games v Liverpool and Chelsea

Comment

That whole thing seems so fucked up that it seems like a bullet well dodged, especially for the monies being bandied about, €42million once the tax was paid along with the fee, fuck that.
                                                                              Whole story seems incredibly strange. Daniel Taylor from the Guardian below.

I think we're going to hear a lot more about this in the coming days. The details are a bit sketchy but I've just had it confirmed from Old Trafford that the people who were in Spain, apparently negotiating on their behalf for Ander Herrera, were not sent there by the club and can accurately be described as 'impostors'.

Who on earth they were no idea. But clearly they were trying to get in on the deal and it has ended in embarrassment for everyone. I get the feeling United are furious.

Their official explanation is that they simply couldn't persuade Bilbao to bring down the buyout clause and it was as straightforward as that (even though there is a clause, it doesn't mean the potential buyer has to meet it). However, there have clearly been all sorts of fun and games going on in the background and it's an embarrassment, to say the least.
                                                                              Mesut Ozil joined Arsenal for £42.5m, and Manchester United signed Marouane Fellaini, on a day of rumour, blather, counter-rumour and occasional actual deal completion

Opr

Comment

Not a Fellaini fan myself, with regard United. It's interesting to see the split in opinion about him though. Certainly could've been a worse transfer window and if we find a way to integrate Fellaini, Carrick and Kagawa it's promising.

Comment

oh dear

@andywest01: Looks like United genuinely did try to get Coentrao on loan from Real Madrid but the fax came through too late and deal will not happen...

Comment

When did United last loan someone btw? Can't think of anyone.

Comment

Shambolic stuff by United.

Comment

Andy West: "Contradictory reports within Spain on the Fabio Coentrao situation. Some media claiming the United loan bid came through, others saying it was too late. Similarly with Madrid's attempts to sign Siqueira from Granada, who would be Coentrao's replacement.

"There's a suspicion that Madrid have learned their attempts to get Siqueira didn't make it, in which case they would not want Coentrao to leave and therefore will attempt to argue the United bid was too late.

"Complications complications...if you must leave it until the last three minutes when you've had three months, this is what can happen."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          Fellaini is such a good signing, I'm a huge fan of him.
                                                                                          +1. I think loads of united fans got carried away with the idea that we were going to sign Cesc and turned their noses up at the idea of Fellaini. I really like him as a deep lying CM, and it's been ages since we had a bit of nastiness in midfield. I'd set the line for him planting his elbow in someone's face on his debut at around 7 minutes in

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                            Think they had the swedish striker Henrik Larsson on loan a few years ago...
                                                                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              If the Fellaini deal falls through it will provide much hilarity. I know utd are still 1/20 to finish ahead of Liverpool anyhow, but it's still funny with this imposter, or not authorised to deal thing, or whatever it was.
                                                                                              Was this the best you could come up with for your 10k post?

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                thats his arm in a sling not a man bag fwiw
                                                                                                The anti-manbag. You the man Sheamus.
                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Henrik Larsson was the last one afaik

Comment

oh dear

@andywest01: Looks like United genuinely did try to get Coentrao on loan from Real Madrid but the fax came through too late and deal will not happen...
                                                                                                    thats bollix the loan window doesnt close tonight i thought ?

Comment

Not a Fellaini fan myself, with regard United. It's interesting to see the split in opinion about him though. Certainly could've been a worse transfer window and if we find a way to integrate Fellaini, Carrick and Kagawa it's promising.
                                                                                                      Would that midfield 3

Comment

This pretty good

Comment

Just caught a bit of a Traveler programme on the telly. The head honcho was giving out that the Irish were the worst for discriminating against travellers and that if 8 or more of them go to a pub they wouldn't get served.

Then in the next minute he says a lot of the clan has moved to England and he was happy with that as he reckons someone would kill another member if they were under the same roof.

Hmmm.....
                                                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            McCarthy just become one of Rep Of Ireland's most expensive players ever?

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/ir...haft_3509.html
                                                                                                            I think only Duffer £17m from Blackburn to Chelsea and Robbie Keane £20m Spurs to Liverpool cost more. McGeady was around £10m from Celtic to Spartak. Can't think of anyone else in that price range.

Comment

aahhh, netflix only showing up to season 5 episode 8 of Breaking Bad. Signed in on my account on my brothers computer, assume that makes no difference? He did mention to me about having US netflix or something on his computer. Is there some simple thing to fix this? Not being able to get the BB fix is pretty torturous
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                                I think only Duffer £17m from Blackburn to Chelsea and Robbie Keane £20m Spurs to Liverpool cost more. McGeady was around £10m from Celtic to Spartak. Can't think of anyone else in that price range.
                                                                                                                ah good ole Duffer, he was so f*ckin good back then. A genuine world class player we had in him, not one of those 'justify to ourselves he's really good when in reality he's average premier league quality'
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                                                                                                  Henrik Larsson was the last one afaik
                                                                                                                  was that a loan deal? I thought they took him on a six month contract (he was a free agent after Barca? Too lazy to look up so could be way off...)
                                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                    was that a loan deal? I thought they took him on a six month contract (he was a free agent after Barca? Too lazy to look up so could be way off...)
                                                                                                                    He was back playing in Sweden. Was never a free agent.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                      aahhh, netflix only showing up to season 5 episode 8 of Breaking Bad. Signed in on my account on my brothers computer, assume that makes no difference? He did mention to me about having US netflix or something on his computer. Is there some simple thing to fix this? Not being able to get the BB fix is pretty torturous
                                                                                                                      You need to change the VPN to the UK site.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                                                        You need to change the VPN to the UK site.
                                                                                                                        is that a lot of effort? (it almost definitely is for me atm as I was hoping to just watch an episode before bed)

Out of interest, I asked them to install a VPN on this computer at work. They said there were so many viruses they'd have to clean them all off first before installing it. Would this netflix US VPN thing have something to do with this? Or would it be the ole run of the mill, standard clicking on every click and downloading everything imaginable viruses?
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Just a quick question on betfair.

You know the way when the score hits 3-2 and then available bet on 2-2 becomes 1000/1 instantly!!! That is surely a betfair bot giving that price?
                                                                                                                          I was watching matches today and honestly in 5 matches I watched I saw a minimum of €120 matched from the 1000/1 when they were impossible. €40 down the drain in the attached pic here.

Any way to see how much betfair make from this? Got to presume it is betfair that have a bot doing this since it is done instantly once a goal is scored
                                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X