This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf shaping up nicely. On sky sports / link here

This website is for sale! firstrownow.eu is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, firstrownow.eu has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
      How do you put someone on ignore?
      You prick! I recommended Mud first, and you must already have put me on ignore!

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Ya but OPR said it compared to Stand by Me, so I stood up and listened. You could learn a lot from that guy...

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          That is the busiest time of the day at the airport. He would possibly be just ok, but I really wouldn't risk it that late at that time.
          Meh you're probably right to err on the side of caution in fairness . I just hate airports and wasting time sitting around them waiting for flights. I fly with Ryanair a lot and even allowing for their departure gates being furthest away from security, 45 minutes gives me plenty of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
            You prick! I recommended Mud first, and you must already have put me on ignore!

Surprised more people haven't got you on ignore!

Chicago update;

Currently homeless which is pretty funny. There's 5 of us cramped into a motel at the moment, air mattresses all over the shop. Hopefully moving into a quality apartment on Tuesday overlooking the beach. Photos will follow when we move in.

Still haven't got the money off that Amir guy. Thankfully none of it was mine but the girls were a bit naive when heading it over. Some Irish guy who helps j1ers out says he can get it off him so should be ok

I lurk nearly everyday still, I'm still pretty hooked on this forum although I haven't played or even seen a place for the pokerz
            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Ya but OPR said it compared to Stand by Me, so I stood up and listened. You could learn a lot from that guy...
              Meh, I'm just a thanks whore!

click on a person's avatar, then click on user lists, (due north of statistics)
              and add to block list.

Would the offender be an aftertimer by any chance?
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                Meh, I'm just a thanks whore!

click on a person's avatar, then click on user lists, (due north of statistics)
                and add to block list.

Would the offender be an aftertimer by any chance?
                Cheers! What the offernder doesn't know can't hurt them

Any decent online games? Was on miniclip.com there but nothing enticing. Beyond bored today.

Comment

Cheers! What the offernder doesn't know can't hurt them

Any decent online games? Was on miniclip.com there but nothing enticing. Beyond bored today.
                  I heard that you can play poker on the internet these days!

Start playing Simpsons Tapped out game on your phone, you'll catch up with the rest of us in about two or three months of constant play no problem.
                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The only game I can play on my phone is Luxor Quest and I've never got past the first stage Think I'll fire up a couple of tourneys and see if I can last longer than an hour before I realise how shit it is and do my upmost to get knocked out.

Comment

That's the spirit!
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

The only game I can play on my phone is Luxor Quest and I've never got past the first stage Think I'll fire up a couple of tourneys and see if I can last longer than an hour before I realise how shit it is and do my upmost to get knocked out.
                        super stick man golf on your phone imo, great game
                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Just finished off watching we're the millars. Think ghostface was a bit harsh. I actually hate comedies normally but it is a good watch. Very funny in parts
                          Her sky-ness
                          © 5starpool

Comment

Any crack?
                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                              I actually hate comedies normally
                              Can you expand on that at all? I'd kind of get 'most modern comedies are shite', or ' I haven't seen a good comedic film since X'. Not getting the hate.
                              Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                Can you expand on that at all? I'd kind of get 'most modern comedies are shite', or ' I haven't seen a good comedic film since X'. Not getting the hate.
                                Good question. Must surely be similar to someone liking a genre of music. I would have always been into thrillers and horrors. Have watched himself watching a comedy and would be thinking to myself how the fuck is he having big belly laughs at this when I just couldn't laugh or find it remotely funny. Like the hangover for instance, I just could not find it funny where himself is in convulsions
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Good question. Must surely be similar to someone liking a genre of music. I would have always been into thrillers and horrors. Have watched himself watching a comedy and would be thinking to myself how the fuck is he having big belly laughs at this when I just couldn't laugh or find it remotely funny. Like the hangover for instance, I just could not find it funny where himself is in convulsions
                                  Fair enough bringing up music, as there are many genres of music I just don't get/like. I'm really struggling to find genre of movies I don't like. I suppose I'd generally avoid rom-coms, but I don't hate them all

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                    Fair enough bringing up music, as there are many genres of music I just don't get/like. I'm really struggling to find genre of movies I don't like. I suppose I'd generally avoid rom-coms, but I don't hate them all
                                    Comedy will always be bottom of my list for movie choice. And as for stand up comics on stage oh god not a chance will i entertain that for a second.

I would say the best comedy iv seen would have been something like Eddie murphy golden child, or coming to a. America. Bridesmaids too maybe but that's about it lol
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Just finished off watching we're the millars. Think ghostface was a bit harsh. I actually hate comedies normally but it is a good watch. Very funny in parts
                                      You'd probably like The Heat

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                        You'd probably like The Heat
                                        Got halfway and turned it off. Typical of what I dislike lol

That's why I posted about the millars. Held my attention for the full movie. Actually lolled out very loud for the out takes at the end where the friends theme was played
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-08-13, 21:31.
                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Just noticed today, that I have the same birthday as Chelsea Manning. Tempted to go down the Satnavian letter writing thing, though I suppose she'll be getting a shed-load of correspondence.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                              As a sidenote on the comedy discussion: wow, Kick Ass 2 was just painful. First movie have walked out of cinema on since:

Was a bit disappointed Danny didn't give us a review of it. Quite a few reviewers on radio basically refused to broadcast a review of it, as they just found it offensive and shite.

Comment

Comment

No one walked out of this classic

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                    Surprised more people haven't got you on ignore!

Chicago update;

Currently homeless which is pretty funny. There's 5 of us cramped into a motel at the moment, air mattresses all over the shop. Hopefully moving into a quality apartment on Tuesday overlooking the beach. Photos will follow when we move in.

Still haven't got the money off that Amir guy. Thankfully none of it was mine but the girls were a bit naive when heading it over. Some Irish guy who helps j1ers out says he can get it off him so should be ok

I lurk nearly everyday still, I'm still pretty hooked on this forum although I haven't played or even seen a place for the pokerz
                                                    Horseshoe Hammond is about a 30 minute bus journey away (free buses every couple of hours IIRC). It has a quality poker room, 40 tables or so. http://www.horseshoehammond.com/

Comment

Kick Ass 2? Yeah, how does it have 7.3 rating on imdb?
                                                      You can really trust those ratings before the movie is at least out for 6ish months.

Hype innit?
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

As a sidenote on the comedy discussion: wow, Kick Ass 2 was just painful. First movie have walked out of cinema on since:

Only 2 movies I ever walked out on

just because it was pure shite. Despite watching it in London, and the price was at least twice that here.

Primarily left that because I was jonesing (a description hotspur reminded me of) for some gambol. And I was pretty sure the blackjack tables in the Emporium would be open halfway through the film

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 25-08-13, 21:49.

Comment

Comment

Walked out half way through the Da Vinci code. What an utter pile of shite that was.
                                                              Last edited by Foxy; 25-08-13, 21:58.

Comment

@courier - same original mistake as me - imdb doesn't allow hotlinking of images.
                                                                Couldn't be arsed correcting it. Hellbound Hellraiser 2, and Breakfast on Pluto

Comment

Apologies for the delay in gettting back to you Kayroo I had various life issues to deal with

Originally Posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                  You think Rasta is spot on because after making huge assumptions and leaps of faith about both the children and their parents you've written your own narrative

Originally Posted by Kayroo
                                                                  Miss the point much?

My assumption is that a kid who goes to a fancy dress party in the middle of the afternoon is not so up on their current affairs that they would ask their parents to assist them dress up as suspected drug mules for the lols.

It's clearly the parents' idea and (prepare for an assumption) I would imagine it was to show how cool the parents are as opposed to letting the kids have fun by dressing up.
                                                                  __________________

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                  Lol! The last refuge of the parent commenting on something remotely connected to children. I've never been to Syria or been subject to slavery either so are my opinions on those topics also invalid?

Anyway you haven't said anything worth reading about my point, just about me so do you want another go or will I just assume you have nothing worth saying?
                                                                  I didn't say I knew more than you about children because I am a parent. Neither did I imply that you aren't entitled to an opinion because you haven't reproduced. I merely pointed out that it was highly unlikely that you have gone through parenthood given how profoundly out of touch you are in your assumptions about children and how parents bring them up. Specifically I'm talking about your assumption that these children aren't educated or aware of very high profile news. You also assume that children are uncomfortable dressing in something that isn't traditional or common among their peers. Finally after assuming the kids were uncomfortable in the chosen attire you then concluded that the parents selfishly insisted on the children wearing these dresses so they, the parents would look cool amongst their friends on social media site.

In every instance you made a quite gigantic and irrational leap of faith and to be honest I found your argument incoherent.It seemed based on the same sort of logic you might hear from a street merchant in the bookies backing some outsider in a race at Steepledowns

Originally Posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                  Exactly. There's a host of reasons why the children may have dressed as they did. You've addressed a few of them. Kayroo has basically found the most negative, cynical motive behind the kid's choice of attire and insisted on it being fact without any evidence to suggest so .
                                                                  For ease of others reading conspicuous' above quoted post he is telling a big fib here!!!

In the previous post of mine that you quoted I said both that it was an assumption and that I would imagine. I'm hardly stating that my opinion was hard and irrefutable fact.
                                                                  Fair enough you didn't say your opinions were "fact", you just said the narrative you adapted from RasTa was "spot on". I'm sure there's a difference in the definitions of the two terms in the court of law if not in intended usage. You may not have stated your opinion was "hard and irrefutable fact" but you adapted the narrative that the children were coerced into wearing the costumes by insensitive, self indulgent parents. You stuck blindly to this unsubstantiated version of events without even considering there might be a Hypotheses B. If nothing else you've shown quite a remarkable level of ignorance

Comment

Icky, you did such a great job on the BBQ, this should be the next project !

After my wood constructed smokehouse burned to the ground I decided to replace it with a permanent masonry house. I used brick in the "Carolina Style" of us...
                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Would love to fast forward and see kayroos kids lol. Twins I'd imagine, one a little ballerina and the other a tiny Hitler lol
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      two boys obv
                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                        Icky, you did such a great job on the BBQ, this should be the next project !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G26Bwc0OKc
                                                                        Icky could live in a building that size.
                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Would love to fast forward and see kayroos kids lol. Twins I'd imagine, one a little ballerina and the other a tiny Hitler lol
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          two boys obv
                                                                          I'm sure they would also be the first to tell you it's ballerino!
                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                            Apologies for the delay in gettting back to you Kayroo I had various life issues to deal with
                                                                            Hey, don't we all?

Specifically I'm talking about your assumption that these children aren't educated or aware of very high profile news. You also assume that children are uncomfortable dressing in something that isn't traditional or common among their peers. Finally after assuming the kids were uncomfortable in the chosen attire you then concluded that the parents selfishly insisted on the children wearing these dresses so they, the parents would look cool amongst their friends on social media site.
                                                                            We will ignore the "out of touch" stuff cause it's just another silly personal attack that doesn't need addressing. Seems standard for your argument thus far but still.

I thought Rasta was "spot on" because I doubt it's the outfit the kids wanted. I've been a Cub Scout leader for years and have presided over innumerable Halloween fancy dress parties for kids roughly the same age as those kids and I've never seen a kid dress like anyone they wouldn't want to be like, or something that they themselves like or think is fun.

The narrative I presented was a humourous fiction of a conversation between the players here. You've taken it as if I have concocted some form of evil social media whoring parents. That's simply not what I did.

In every instance you made a quite gigantic and irrational leap of faith and to be honest I found your argument incoherent.It seemed based on the same sort of logic you might hear from a street merchant in the bookies backing some outsider in a race at Steepledowns
                                                                            First off; more personal comments. How wonderfully mature.

Secondly, what "arguments"? I am not forming some sort of position that the parents of the children are inhumane. I said that I thought it was unlikely that the kids told their parents that they wanted to dress that way.

Fair enough you didn't say your opinions were "fact", you just said the narrative you adapted from RasTa was "spot on". I'm sure there's a difference in the definitions of the two terms in the court of law if not in intended usage. You may not have stated your opinion was "hard and irrefutable fact" but you adapted the narrative that the children were coerced into wearing the costumes by insensitive, self indulgent parents. You stuck blindly to this unsubstantiated version of events without even considering there might be a Hypotheses B. If nothing else you've shown quite a remarkable level of ignorance
                                                                            And more personal attacks, even bringing my profession into it. Thank you for being consistent in that if nothing else.

However the rest of the above paragraph is utter nonsense. I never said that the parents were selfish. I never maintained any "narrative" to that end and not including an alternative I may have taken into account in a post doesn't mean I did not consider it. But that's your own assumption. An assumption that took the most cynical possible view of my post and stuck blindly to it.
                                                                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Nah Mdoug, I'm done.

Don't want to get into this kind of argument frankly.
                                                                                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Massively disappointed with Elysium. Such a great concept for a film which could have maybe turned on a few light bulbs but instead opted for some generic awful sci-fi rubbish. I don't know if he even had something interesting to say but couldn't write a script which explores the concepts further because he ends up completely ignoring it other than it being the world his ridiculous story was set. Only really plus point was the set pieces and worlds he built all looked the part. I've no idea what kind of over acting Jodie Foster was at but it was funny as hell. I burst out laughing in the cinema when she was telling telling the Carlyle character about the plan. Get the writer back from the first effort Blomkamp.

Opr

Comment

Nah Mdoug, I'm done.

Don't want to get into this kind of argument frankly.
                                                                                    I liked this post... just so I could unlike it
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                      Massively disappointed with Elysium. Such a great concept for a film which could have maybe turned on a few light bulbs but instead opted for some generic awful sci-fi rubbish. I don't know if he even had something interesting to say but couldn't write a script which explores the concepts further because he ends up completely ignoring it other than it being the world his ridiculous story was set. Only really plus point was the set pieces and worlds he built all looked the part. I've no idea what kind of over acting Jodie Foster was at but it was funny as hell. I burst out laughing in the cinema when she was telling telling the Carlyle character about the plan. Get the writer back from the first effort Blomkamp.

Opr
                                                                                      Disappointing, but not unexpected. I had planned to go to see it if it got decent reviews, but that's a few people I know who have said it was bad now. Ah well. Hard to get a decent scifi movie these days. I hope they don't destroy Ender's Game later in the year, but it's nearly nailed on I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Top quality fancy dress..

I think Rasta is spot on.

Parent: "Hey kids we get to go to a fancy dress party today"

Kids: "Yay!!! Can we be witches?? Or doctors?? Or princesses?"

Parents: "Even better kids!! You can be a comment on a current news event that our friends will think is hilarious but about which neither you nor your friends will have any understanding! Isn't that great???"

Kids: "What? I wanna be Superwoman!! I bet Jeff will get to be Superman...."
                                                                                        Small kids wouldn't mind at all, they would see the story in the news and would most likely be delighted to be going with something creative that they were able to use stuff from around the house.
                                                                                        Its very common for kids to dress up in topical news related themes for fancy dress things.

I spent the weekend with a crowd of slightly older kids and their fathers (there were 4 pre teen girls) and some of the main conversation topics for the weekend were slanegirl (handled fairly discreetly with the younger ones but it was easy to figure out that they already knew all about it) and the Peru Two. While we talked a bit about how they ended up where they are it was was mostly about slagging everyone who had a 'Drug Smuggler Bun' hairstyle and that was every second young wan we saw.

Edit: that is all tangential to the row between the two lads which Kayroo is right about
                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-08-13, 23:23.
                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          Horseshoe Hammond is about a 30 minute bus journey away (free buses every couple of hours IIRC). It has a quality poker room, 40 tables or so. http://www.horseshoehammond.com/
                                                                                          Thanks NA, I'll probably hit that up in a few weeks when the auld finances improve. This trip basically cost close to 5k before I started making some dosh and I had to pay most of the deposit yesterday for the gaf because 1 of the others is broke til payday :-(

Definitely going to play the 120 game on a Saturday morning to see about the structure and stuff.

Were you in Chicago before?
                                                                                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                            Defo not SatNav
                                                                                            Top class

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                              Disappointing, but not unexpected. I had planned to go to see it if it got decent reviews, but that's a few people I know who have said it was bad now. Ah well. Hard to get a decent scifi movie these days. I hope they don't destroy Ender's Game later in the year, but it's nearly nailed on I'd say.
                                                                                              Hoping Children of Men guy Alfonso Cuaron might be able to pull something decent out of the bag with his new one Gravity.

Opr

Comment

Walking out in the Burren yesterday and it was amazing to come over a hill on the road to see the Fr Ted house appear in front of you and before it has fully registered with you what it is the theme tune is playing in your head

We knew that the house was in the area because a Bus had just driven past us with a Ted Tours sign in the window and there were a load of people in the back who looked nothing like Nun's but were wearing Nun's outfits
                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-08-13, 23:26.

Comment

Music video by Ian Brown performing F.E.A.R.. (C) 2007 Polydor Ltd. (UK)#IanBrown #FEAR #Vevo

Comment

Underneath the sugary distraction of Rigger's cupcakes there was talk that it was for the young sister of his girlfriend, the age of whom suggested that she was unlikely to have a MILF as a sister.

Please clarify this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                      Why are planners architects so obsessed with drawing trees that they've no intention of actually putting in.
                                                                                                      FYP

Comment

Cracking AMC stream

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                          Cracking AMC stream

http://breakingbadlive.com/
                                                                                                          is the new episode starting at 2am yeah ?

Comment

Yup. Just started

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                              Yup. Just started
                                                                                                              I hate my internet am guessing it's perfect for ye lot. That ethernet cable better fucking arrive tomorrow, this sucks
                                                                                                              too late now to run down stairs and plug it in . Come to Dublin to watch the game tomorrow chd
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Dublin is full of dubs. No way.

Comment

was bb epic?
                                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                    was bb epic?
                                                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                                                    thought it was ok, as usual the big ending was good

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                                      thought it was ok, as usual the big ending was good
                                                                                                                      our last game for this season is this wednesday by the way if you're coming!!!!

it's kind of funny, think we had like 4/5 subs last week when we normally have 1 max - all of whom said about joining the league next year even though they turn up once every 3 weeks. I said that everyone would have to pay up front this time.... silence
                                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

our last game for this season is this wednesday by the way if you're coming!!!!

it's kind of funny, think we had like 4/5 subs last week when we normally have 1 max - all of whom said about joining the league next year even though they turn up once every 3 weeks. I said that everyone would have to pay up front this time.... silence
                                                                                                                        have pre season game down here on tuesday and will prob be playing poker from wednesday through sunday then so wont be able to, let me know when the new season starts and i'll see what i can do.

Comment

was bb epic?
                                                                                                                          Yes.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X