Cash games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cash games

Hi, I've been playing a good number of tournaments around dublin for the past year or so and have played some cash but not that much and never consistently. In cash games I have won sometimes an lost sometimes but even when I've won I have often felt that luck played a larger role than it should have rather than feeling like I played amazingly. I have been in America for the summer and have been to Atlantic city a number of times and have been doing quite well in cash games. Just wondering if people have any pointers/strategy for cash games and do people think that there would be a difference between Irish and American games? In smaller cash games is it just a matter of playing tight and being aggressive when you hit? Is there any value in running bluffs or not?

Also just wondering to try make my learning curve cheaper are there any games cheaper than 1-2 I know in star leisure in bray they have a 25c-50c game, is there anywhere in dublin with cheaper games? And also are there certain places where game are softer/easier to beat than others?

Thanks a mil for any help

Only advice i can give is don't sit at a table unless you are comfortable losing whatever you have on front of you, otherwise you can't play your own game, get a feel for the table by playing tight for the first hour or so and once you have a feel for the other players and developed an image you can change your game. Don't drink when playing cash games EVER and know how many buy ins you are willing to lose before you start otherwise you will be beating a path to the atm!!! You will have bad nights FACT, don't bitch bout the way people play at the table or harp on about hands from like 3 hours before and don't go on tilt (if you do take a breather for 10 mins). Just don't do anything stupid and the best of luck to ya!!!

Comment

Your questions are too broad to get any responses - you could write a book in response to it.

Comment

The Voodoo spreads 1/1 and I believe is starting to spread 50/50, could be a decent place to start if you dont want to sit down with more than 100/50€ in front of you.

Comment

Working...
        X