WSOP 2012 - TV Coverage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WSOP 2012 - TV Coverage

This started airing last week in the US with the One Drop episode and I've been keeping an eye out for it and it's finally up online, I think they are showing some championship episode tomorrow then from Tuesday next week they will start airing the Main Event. As for the episodes get them while they are hot.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

I think coverage of the Main Event is starting on ESPN around the 13th so hopefully it should be up on youtube not long after

Comment

Originally posted by ChasingAces View Post
      I think coverage of the Main Event is starting on ESPN around the 13th so hopefully it should be up on youtube not long after
      Well hopefully it's up relatively quick, afaik it's only one dude who is capping them so I would imagine it's a lot of work. Took nearly a week for these episodes to be upped & if I remember correctly some of last years main event took their time, fair dues to the chap who caps them though.

Comment

Overall Esfandiari played very well I thought, just thinking though no Phil Laak in the crowd to cheer on his mate???

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
          Overall Esfandiari played very well I thought, just thinking though no Phil Laak in the crowd to cheer on his mate???
          Yup he played well and certainly ran well aswell. Binking a 9 twice on the river in a couple of big pots was key. Decent fold by Rast. Antonio really put the pressure on with some well timed 3-bets aswell. Trickett played very also, he just didn't run as good on the day.

Comment

National Championship episodes 3&4

Comment

Episodes 5&6 (Main Event) are available haven't seen them on YouTube/Pokercast at the minute but for those of you who want it shouldn't be too hard to source them.

Comment

Uploaded ep 6 here. http://youtu.be/WSAaQrZ42zM

Unlisted so you need the link. Uploading ep 5 now.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
                  Uploaded ep 6 here. http://youtu.be/WSAaQrZ42zM

Unlisted so you need the link. Uploading ep 5 now.
                  That episode is gone.

Comment

That episode is gone.
                    Yeah. coming up that the eps are too long. I'll cut them down to 15 min segments tonight and upload.

Comment

Cheers good stuff been looking forward to these
                      Last edited by nismo9; 15-08-12, 18:45.

Comment

Originally posted by AKDonk View Post
                        Yeah. coming up that the eps are too long. I'll cut them down to 15 min segments tonight and upload.
                        good stuff, cheers dude

Comment

Sorry if you spent ages doing it but it's up already.

Comment

Last edited by ghostface; 16-08-12, 08:30.

Comment

Spoiler or delete your comment Ste. Spoils the hand

Comment

Good to see Ross Johnson getting some air time.

Comment

Good to see Ross Johnson getting some air time.
                                  I'm pretty sure Ross didnt want to see this again

Comment

Episodes 7 & 8 are finally up online, they are available to download if you want them but for now here is episode 7 as 8 hasn't been uploaded to YouTube but should be up shortly and will post it when it's available.

Episode 7 Main Event

Episode 8 Main Event

Last edited by tylerdurden94; 27-08-12, 20:41. Reason: updated with episode 8

Comment

The big guy with the white jumper on the last video has got horns?
                                      "Poker isn’t about default strategies, it’s about exploiting your opponent's bad tendencies"

Comment

SPOILER
                                        I'm confused at whether the JJ fold bvb is impressive or awful.

Comment

Kevin Pollak seems ok just thank god there isn't much of that spanner Brad Garrett this year.

Comment

Kevin Pollak seems ok just thank god there isn't much of that spanner Brad Garrett this year.
                                            SPOILER
                                            he seems okay but that polar bear joke was awful,

the hand with the two asian guys at the end was fun to watch but just made no sense
                                            http://drjff.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by peterswellman View Post
                                              SPOILER
                                              I'm confused at whether the JJ fold bvb is impressive or awful.
                                              SPOILER
                                              Truly awful IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                                                SPOILER
                                                Truly awful IMO.
                                                SPOILER
                                                Looks bad, how your man doesn't 3 bet really small to induce is baffling. He just crams the 30bb in there. What are 30bb 3/bet shoving ranges bvb in the main against some random?

Also LOL at the two Asians.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                  Looks bad, how your man doesn't 3 bet really small to induce is baffling. He just crams the 30bb in there. What are 30bb 3/bet shoving ranges bvb in the main against some random?

Also LOL at the two Asians.
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  I think the table was going on break so maybe he thought that a shove would look weaker, the KK must have been playing like a nit for the JJ to fold so quickly (especially since the JJ had the KK covered by about 20bb), I agree he should have made a standard 3bet, because I don't what he expects to call a 30 big shove.
                                                  Personally I'm never 3bet shoving 30bb, I might squeeze shove depending on villians and position.

Also big lol at the Asians, hugely entertaining though.

Also the AK fold v 66 of chip leader is bizarre since he checked the ace high flop and has completely under repped his hand.

Comment

Episodes are out semi quick this week, fair dues to the guy capping them

Episode 9 Main Event

Episode 10 Main Event

Comment

Anyone know where I can watch episode 11 it was aired on the 5th from the schedule that I found.

Comment

Originally posted by ibimon View Post
                                                        Anyone know where I can watch episode 11 it was aired on the 5th from the schedule that I found.
                                                        11 and 12 just uploaded on the chaps youtube page above

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                          11 and 12 just uploaded on the chaps youtube page above
                                                          Tnx m8

Comment

Episode 11 Main Event

Episode 12 Main Event

Comment

Lol @ Marafioti.

Comment

It heartens me to look at the terrible play going on this deep in the WSOP ME

Comment

Lol @ Marafioti.
                                                                  So much for this coverage if ESPN know about the controversy. Cheating scumbag.

Also PaulGees.

Comment

Also PaulGees.
                                                                    cheating scum bag who ? when ?

found it jesus would make you afraid to want to play online poker again
                                                                    Last edited by corkie123; 08-09-12, 22:57.

Comment

Coverage made him look like a dick, he obv feels the same way about himself!

[12-01-04 10:53:57 PM] Matthew Marafioti: one day
                                                                      [12-01-04 10:54:00 PM] Matthew Marafioti: i will put a gun
                                                                      [12-01-04 10:54:02 PM] Matthew Marafioti: to my own head
                                                                      [12-01-04 10:54:03 PM] Matthew Marafioti: and blow trigger
                                                                      [12-01-04 10:54:07 PM] Matthew Marafioti: cuz of poker and what its made me
                                                                      [12-01-04 10:54:08 PM] Matthew Marafioti: i hate poker
                                                                      [12-01-04 10:54:10 PM] Matthew Marafioti: and every1 in it
                                                                      [12-01-04 10:54:11 PM] Matthew Marafioti: they are all ****

Comment

Lol @ Marafioti.
                                                                        Gas stuff altogether "nothing I could do, very unlucky" eh don't open jam 30bigs UTG, just been reading some of the stuff on 2+2 wow what a shady fucker.

Comment

Gas stuff altogether "nothing I could do, very unlucky" eh don't open jam 30bigs UTG, just been reading some of the stuff on 2+2 wow what a shady fucker.
                                                                          Link to 2+2 please, I get lost over there.

Comment

Comment

#39

Comment

#40
                                                                                Somebody needs to stick Joe Navarro into an event and see if his reads are any good

Comment

#41
                                                                                  That AJ Jejelowo played pretty well and got caught in one or two sick spots, I like the cut of his jib.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    Anyone know where I can stream/download the latest episode?

Think it aired last night on ESPN in the states.

Comment

#43
                                                                                      Originally posted by GetYourEndaWay View Post
                                                                                      Anyone know where I can stream/download the latest episode?

Think it aired last night on ESPN in the states.
                                                                                      There is very few people that are capping the shows so nowadays it takes a couple days before they are available online.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Episode 15 Main Event

Episode 16 Main Event

Comment

#45
                                                                                          WSOP 2012 EPISODE 15

WSOP 2012 EPISODE 16

Last edited by GetYourEndaWay; 20-09-12, 14:11. Reason: Only just seeing the previous post now.Sorry.

Comment

#46
                                                                                            That AJ Jejelowo played pretty well and got caught in one or two sick spots, I like the cut of his jib.
                                                                                            Love that guy! Great player from what I saw.

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by danutpeddler View Post
                                                                                              Love that guy! Great player from what I saw.
                                                                                              Now all you have to do is start wearing a shirt & tie at the tables

Comment

#48
                                                                                                played with seat 5 on Selbst's table in one of the WSOP 1Ks this year. He bet and then called a raise one river with j high and was right. I was like wtf.

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  So that Russian dude on the feature table is pretty annoying plus all this one time talk is rather tilting, just hearing the bust out interview of Gable just wow.

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    What a terrible ruling to let the chap who shoved and mucked cards stay in. Saying Beauman didn't say call straight away and was in the spirit of the tournament!! GTFO

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Ah Marcel Luske haven't seen much of him in the last few years.

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        What a terrible ruling to let the chap who shoved and mucked cards stay in. Saying Beauman didn't say call straight away and was in the spirit of the tournament!! GTFO
                                                                                                        It gets worse:

SPOILER

The guy with the mucked cards knocks Baumann out on the bubble of the FT

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Point 89 in the WSOP rules.

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Yes the rule is rubbish. I'm pretty certain she would have said call straight away which she indicated she did. 'may or may not be binding' is nonsense to have there, can just make it up as you go along so.

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              Yes the rule is rubbish. I'm pretty certain she would have said call straight away which she indicated she did. 'may or may not be binding' is nonsense to have there, can just make it up as you go along so.
                                                                                                              They had the rule in place before the tournament started good to see they had some foresight and just didn't make it up on the spot.

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                This is rule 99 from the same WSOP rules.

99.
                                                                                                                Protect Your Hand: Participants must protect their own hands at all times. A protected hand is defined as a hand sitting on the table surface with a card cap (see Rule 101) placed on top of the hand. If a dealer or Participant kills or fouls an unprotected hand, the Participant will have no redress and will not be entitled to his or her money back. If the Participant initiated a bet or raise and hasn’t been called, the uncalled bet or raise will be returned to the Participant.

Technically his hand wasn't killed or fouled, as it was Koroknoi who intentionally mucked his own cards, whether deliberately or accidentally will probably never be known. But if this rule was enforced surely his hand would have to be ruled dead.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by carlinrose View Post
                                                                                                                  This is rule 99 from the same WSOP rules.

99.
                                                                                                                  Protect Your Hand: Participants must protect their own hands at all times. A protected hand is defined as a hand sitting on the table surface with a card cap (see Rule 101) placed on top of the hand. If a dealer or Participant kills or fouls an unprotected hand, the Participant will have no redress and will not be entitled to his or her money back. If the Participant initiated a bet or raise and hasn’t been called, the uncalled bet or raise will be returned to the Participant.

Technically his hand wasn't killed or fouled, as it was Koroknoi who intentionally mucked his own cards, whether deliberately or accidentally will probably never be known. But if this rule was enforced surely his hand would have to be ruled dead.
                                                                                                                  Obv his hand is dead, it's in the muck, the bold section seens to confirm he shouldn't be eliminated and just loses the 60k

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by JamieCarra View Post
                                                                                                                    Obv his hand is dead, it's in the muck, the bold section seens to confirm he shouldn't be eliminated and just loses the 60k
                                                                                                                    But this rule states that if a dealer or a participant (which I assume means another player) fouls or mucks the cards by accident he would be entitled to all of his chips back, bar the call. In this case he has intentionally mucked his own cards, which technically isn't covered in the rule. So the argument would be that as he mucked his own hand he would not be entitled to get any of his chips back. Just my reading of it.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                      Haven't caught up with the latest episodes but Gaelle Baumann played the 6 Max last week and she is even better looking in person, we done a couple interviews with her and she seemed like a cool chick.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                      X