No announcement yet.

Popping THE question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Romantic meal in a quiet setting is probably the most intimate way , maybe have the waiter deliver the ring on a silver tray as you ask her and have the champers on ice

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
      Romantic meal in a quiet setting is probably the most intimate way , maybe have the waiter deliver the ring on a silver tray as you ask her and have the champers on ice

You sly old dog Damo, who'd have thought?!
      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
        What's the differnce between a Blaa and an orange?

You can't ram an orange up your hole.

^^^^^ Like your joke.
        Have you seen my hole

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
          Anyway thanks for all the suggestions guys, much appreciated.
          Lol thank whore

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
            You sly old dog Damo, who'd have thought?!
            19 yrs married in sept and still in love . You have to learn how to romance someone to keep the fire burning that long .
            Who ever the op is may i wish you the very best of luck and hope you have a long and wonderfull life together .

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              Want a womans view on this then?

ignore most of the gimps on here and ask myself or MSN!

and Finkel is already engaged..
              Ask msn? a bag of cats would probably give you a more coherent answer.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                Ask msn? a bag of cats would probably give you a more coherent answer.
                Do you dislike MSN

Comment

Unless she's a conventional sort, wouldn't necessarily put too much store in traditional methods [fly to Paris, ring hidden in restaurant] etc..

Best answer will be something you come up with yourself, something thats appropriate either to a particular interest of hers or a joint interest that ye both have.

GL, wp

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                    Do you dislike MSN
                    Not at all but my point stands.

Comment

Do you like the colour blue?

Comment

Want a womans view on this then?

ignore most of the gimps on here and ask myself or MSN!

and Finkel is already engaged..
                        I don't just mean those posting in the thread! I just mean some of the guys in general. Loads can be learned from listening to one of the alien kind! men really have NO IDEA how we really think!
                        Get her to jam her finger up your arse and then find someone else who feels the same and measure. problem solved
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                          I could not resist it lol. But my other post was serious and real

Comment

Regarding engagement rings. If you need any help or advice, send me a pm.

Comment

Google Adword - get her to search for something specific and up pops your ad :-)

Comment

No it doesn't.

Comment

Get her to jam her finger up your arse and then find someone else who feels the same and measure. problem solved

Nearly choked reading this, getting strange looks all over the place. wp

Comment

Originally posted by PokerPiper View Post
                                    Google Adword - get her to search for something specific and up pops your ad :-)
                                    LIke this suggestion ... should at least get marks for originality.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                      LIke this suggestion ... should at least get marks for originality.
                                      Need to be advertising a site to get into adwords and the conditions are strict.

Comment

You say money is tight but there must be some place thats special to the both of you from your time together. Somewhere like where you first met or somewhere you both have a very special memory. I suggest bringing her to one of those places and popping the question.

Alternatively you could spend a little cash. If you are in Dublin a horse drawn carriage from the top of Grafton St. to a restaurant in the locality would be a great start, then dinner and then pop the question.

*I'm wondering whether I should really post this?
                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                          Regarding engagement rings. If you need any help or advice, send me a pm.
                                          Or you could take my advice and whatever you do do not be yet another fool that buys into the global diamond conspiracy.

An unruly market may undo the work of a giant cartel and of an inspired, decades-long ad campaign

There is a world full of beautiful jewellery and there are any amount of imaginative things you could do instead.
                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

GILLIAN?! Shurely the hen night couldn't have corrupted you already Or has Tony hacked your account for the shock factor?!

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                            Anyone who proposes in front of either a camera or a large audience is a complete gimp so I'd rule out either of those straight away.
                                            Agreed... being put on the spot in public like that is mind-numbing and takes away from the specialness of it all...

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            Ask her "how would you like to be buried with my people?"
                                            Oh sweet Jesus! No way use this... My ex actually said that proposing to me at my 21st birthday party and I still remember the cold feeling of dread running down my back as the mental image went into my head. I immediately said 'no' without thinking... He was gutted. Poor guy! We didn't last long after that...

As someone whose had a few proposals (saying 'yes' was a whole other story! But I digress...) trust me lad, nothing beats a man simply saying "XXX, will you marry me?" I've had the holiday proposal, meal proposal, party/public proposal and one downright impromptu proposal... where we got totally lost driving somewhere, led to a chain of mad events that ended in a proposal! And that was the best, more memorable than the 'gimp' who splashed out on a holiday to South Africa. Even though I'm not with Mr Impromptu any more, I still smile remembering it!

I personally would suggest a laying off organising a fixed event or trip for this... just have the ring with you 24/7 and when the moment is right (you will know when... ) get down on bended knee and ask... GL!

Comment

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post
                                              :As someone whose had a few proposals (saying 'yes' was a whole other story! But I digress...) trust me lad, nothing beats a man simply saying "XXX, will you marry me?" I've had the holiday proposal, meal proposal, party/public proposal and one downright impromptu proposal... where we got totally lost driving somewhere, led to a chain of mad events that ended in a proposal! And that was the best, more memorable than the 'gimp' who splashed out on a holiday to South Africa.
                                              OK, you have my attention. Continue please.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                  OK, you have my attention. Continue please.
                                                  I'll save my story for the next drunken IPB outing...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                    So weird that was thinking Percy for some unknowable reason. I'd say its less than 5% chance, but strange to see that post
                                                    Ha please im already well hitched. I have an idea who it may be. IP?

Comment

Don't overthink about it......

No need for all the bells and whistles.... go for a nice meal..

home - pop the question, pray like f*ck

- tears hugs kisses - bedtime --

end of
                                                      Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Or you could take my advice and whatever you do do not be yet another fool that buys into the global diamond conspiracy.
                                                          Try explaining that to a chick. Do you get her to read that first or make up a powerpoint yourself and walk her through it?

$10k, dafuq?

Originally posted by Electra Blue View Post

Oh sweet Jesus! No way use this... My ex actually said that proposing to me at my 21st birthday party and I still remember the cold feeling of dread running down my back as the mental image went into my head. I immediately said 'no' without thinking... He was gutted. Poor guy! We didn't last long after that...

As someone whose had a few proposals (saying 'yes' was a whole other story! But I digress...) trust me lad, nothing beats a man simply saying "XXX, will you marry me?" I've had the holiday proposal, meal proposal, party/public proposal and one downright impromptu proposal... where we got totally lost driving somewhere, led to a chain of mad events that ended in a proposal! And that was the best, more memorable than the 'gimp' who splashed out on a holiday to South Africa. Even though I'm not with Mr Impromptu any more, I still smile remembering it!

I personally would suggest a laying off organising a fixed event or trip for this... just have the ring with you 24/7 and when the moment is right (you will know when... ) get down on bended knee and ask... GL!

That's a lot of proposals. wp.

Comment

Comment

- proposing such a weekend away means she'll probably have your plan half worked out anyway and her main concern will be how to pretend to be all surprised when you do actually ask the question
                                                              Ah no you want to get the jump on her, catch her when she least expects it.
                                                              Like bust down the door when she is taking the dump.

Comment

Comment

Bring her to Paris, To the eiffel tower, to the top. When you get there, speak with a lump in your throat, reach into the bottom of your pocket for some change - hell - even go down on one knee to tie your shoe lace.

Go to every other romantic spot you can think of in the meanwhile, playing these live tells to her consistently, each time noting the sigh of relief or disapointment on her face when you pull out a packet of chewing gum, or your room card or your phone . . .

Now having avoided the biggest cliche possible, wait until you are after collecting your car, and are on the way back to your house. Stop into the petrol station, buy her a coffee and a double choc muffin and when you hand them over say there's one more thing - fancy getting married?

Ahh the wedding slow roll. Atleast it'll be something you'll talk about for awhile!
                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

ah come on - is a band of metal with some shiny stone in it not a slightly dated way of demonstrating affection?
                                                                    Yea, I think so. But guess it matters not what we think.

Comment

You could do what I did. Slur "will you marry me" and then fall backwards against the wall.

Comment

Comment

could also get her pregnant first to introduce a sense of urgency and neediness to the matter
                                                                          You are such a romantic HH! but since the OP stated there were kids I am sure that is not necessary and she has tried this before and failed

Comment

You are such a romantic HH! but since the OP stated there were kids I am sure that is not necessary and she has tried this before and failed
                                                                            Interesting !!

Comment

#98
                                                                              Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                              Interesting !!
                                                                              I mean his good lady has got pregnant before and got no ring so it isn't a dead cert to get the man to propose!

Unless you are HH and it IS a dead cert

Comment

#99
                                                                                Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                Bring her to Paris, To the eiffel tower, to the top. When you get there, speak with a lump in your throat, reach into the bottom of your pocket for some change - hell - even go down on one knee to tie your shoe lace.

Go to every other romantic spot you can think of in the meanwhile, playing these live tells to her consistently, each time noting the sigh of relief or disapointment on her face when you pull out a packet of chewing gum, or your room card or your phone . . .

Now having avoided the biggest cliche possible, wait until you are after collecting your car, and are on the way back to your house. Stop into the petrol station, buy her a coffee and a double choc muffin and when you hand them over say there's one more thing - fancy getting married?

Ahh the wedding slow roll. Atleast it'll be something you'll talk about for awhile!
                                                                                Went to Paris with the girlfriend a few years ago, did all the romantic sightseeing etc, slap up meals on the champs élysées and had plumped for a suite with a tower view and balcony ( reasonably rare in Paris). I even had a shave on her request before we departed ( I had been sporting a beard that was the centre of much home dispute for several months ).

Anyway we had what I thought was a brilliant 4 or 5 days away, when we got home she didn't talk to me for two weeks after convincing herself and telling her mother sister etc that this was the proposal trip. Tbh the thought of popping the question never really crossed my mind however on reflection the fact we'd been together a few years and I'd fairly pushed the boat out with the trip ( thinking was more making up for being away in vegas for a month a few weeks before rather than nuptuals ) I can appreciate her position.

Either way bitches be crazy we ended up broken up for a couple of years as a near direct result of the trip.

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post
                                                                                  Went to Paris with the girlfriend a few years ago, did all the romantic sightseeing etc, slap up meals on the champs élysées and had plumped for a suite with a tower view and balcony ( reasonably rare in Paris). I even had a shave on her request before we departed ( I had been sporting a beard that was the centre of much home dispute for several months ).

Anyway we had what I thought was a brilliant 4 or 5 days away, when we got home she didn't talk to me for two weeks after convincing herself and telling her mother sister etc that this was the proposal trip. Tbh the thought of popping the question never really crossed my mind however on reflection the fact we'd been together a few years and I'd fairly pushed the boat out with the trip ( thinking was more making up for being away in vegas for a month a few weeks before rather than nuptuals ) I can appreciate her position.

Either way bitches be crazy we ended up broken up for a couple of years as a near direct result of the trip.
                                                                                  I hate the whole expecting a proposal mentality.

My girlfriend's friend was recently telling us about how her (aussie) boyfriend proposed to her when they were on holiday in ireland. At the perfect location she loved as a child, ring she wanted, exactly how she wanted yada yada. I mentioned that he did well to nail those things considering that he had never been to ireland, or knew where anywhere was.
                                                                                  "Oh, well. we had sort or discussed it before hand"

FFS, so you arranged it yourself. What's the point?
                                                                                  Imagine how awkward and silly the drive out there was, the two of them trying to make small talk and act casually. I wonder if she did got all emotional to say yes, and continued the facade of surprise for the sake of a romantic story.

Comment

I met a woman once who told me she said no to a marriage offer because she didn't like the location (a field). Guy got lucky IMO

Comment

Originally posted by MrPillowTalk View Post

Close enough situation happened to my Aunt. Had been seeing her bf for 7 years and he took her to Paris for a long weekend. Did all the sightseeing shite, Eifel Tower, Arc de... etc.

On last night, they're just finishing up dinner at a fancy restaurant and she sighs exasperatedly, throws napkin on the table and rants off something along the lines of;

"Well Tom, looks like you'll never have the balls to do it. You had a chance at the Eiffel Tower, a chance at Montmarte, a chance at x y and z and you still haven't managed it. Are we just going to be one of those couples that never gets married? I'm not sure I like that idea"

to which Tom, embarrassedly, pulled a ring out from his pocket and sheepishly said

"I was going to wait till after dessert".

Auntie, obviously hits the hysterical button, shouts "fuck off" at him in shock, before doing the lady thing of bursting out crying and saying yes 100 times, hoping that he forgot what went on 30 seconds before!

tl;dr, yes, even more bitches are crazy

Comment

I took my wife to London on a Valentines wk end , Had a night on the tiles on the friday . Nxt morning i snook off to the jewellers to get the ring , came back and made her breakfast in bed . Knelt down beside the bed produced the ring and proposed . Her reply was " Would ye fuck off" . Then she must have taken pity on my uncontrolable crying and said yes .

Comment

Originally posted by DAMO72 View Post
                                                                                          I took my wife to London on a Valentines wk end , Had a night on the tiles on the friday . Nxt morning i snook off to the jewellers to get the ring , came back and made her breakfast in bed . Knelt down beside the bed produced the ring and proposed . Her reply was " Would ye fuck off" . Then she must have taken pity on my uncontrolable crying and said yes .
                                                                                          I think that's the reaction 90% of us have gotten
                                                                                          International Poker Open 2017 online satellites available on GG Poker. Visit www.internationalpokeropen.ie for more details.

The IPO is one of Europe's biggest, longest running and most enjoyable live poker festivals with huge prize-pools every year.

Comment

Another one happened to a mate of mine, Xmas day and he's pulled out all the stops getting a pair of some €600 high heels in from the states as a surprise (and by surprise I mean the gf had told her mate which ones she wanted which was then relayed to my buddy, again bitches be crazy).

Anyway they had just moved into their first house two months previous so first Xmas morning together she opens up the present, he's expecting all sorts of all day blow jobs, instead is greeted by a dejected look, a sigh and then she says "well at least I won the bet" he puzzled enquires as to what bet and is informed that she had a bet with her mate in work that he wouldn't propose Xmas morning. Cue him hitting the roof and berating her for being a selfish Cnut and he storms out on the beer with me.

She got her way in the end though, they were married by August.

TLDR bitches be crazy BUT there's method to the madness.

Comment

The ultimate proposal box!

Shop beautiful wedding ring pillows at Bride & Groom Direct. Handcrafted to add elegance to your ceremony. Make your day special & order your pillow online now!

Comment

Who was this?

Comment

mise
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

k, night.

Comment

Bitches be crazy

Comment

My cousin got engaged there and the way he done it was at the Hilton where he took her for her birthday. In the room he had this perfume sitting..

Subtle and she was over the moon. He had a beautiful ring there as well which he brought out as she said yes!

Comment

While on a month long holiday in the US, we were in LA planning a few days in Vegas.
                                                                                                          We were looking at booking Vegas hotels online I just said to her, do you want me to book the wedding chapel while I'm at it? It was totally spontaneous but 3 days later we were married

Had a big party when we came back. Highly recommended, minimal stress and cost, same result.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                          X