UKIPT Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UKIPT Season 3

I see Stars have started online qualifers for Galway which is the first stop in Season 3 of the UKIPT in February.

Buyins up to €770/£770

You have reached a page at PokerStars™ which no longer exists. Visit our homepage or the sitemap to find the page you're looking for.

For the 3x turbo junkies, they seem to be on at 21.02 nightly & are up to €8.80 buyins.
    Last edited by Dice75; 17-11-11, 14:27.

Dublin switched to May seems odd

Comment

The most common complaint i've heard about the tour is that the "cost" of the hotel in every package is almost equal to the cost of the tournaments themselves.

Therefore more than a bit disappointed that nothing seems to have changed in that regard.

Comment

Only 4 events next year? Seems strange since numbers were great for every event in season 2. Must not have been making much money though I guess.

Comment

having read it a bit more there saying first 4 confirmed and more to be added so maybe cork yet
          Last edited by corkie123; 17-11-11, 18:59.

Comment

I see the reg fees have increased between 18 and 40%. I look forward to seeing how the structures have improved along with the increased fees

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
              Only 4 events next year? Seems strange since numbers were great for every event in season 2. Must not have been making much money though I guess.
              "more stops will be announced in due course."

Comment

Will more stops be added later on or is that going to be the lot?

Seems strange that they upped the buyin as well. Defo can't see number's increasing with a bigger entry fee.
                NextStopWhoKnows

Comment

I also think they've ducked the issue with the buyins completely.

They should have either left them at £/€500 or else made them £/€1k, making them £/€700 is a bit pointless. Looks like they're just hedging their bets to me, they should have made their stance and stood firm either way, knowing both options will make a % of people unhappy.

I'd rather they were 1k just because it makes no sense for me (financially) to travel for a 500 game.

Comment

Bloody citywest as well for the Dublin one, so it's either drive or stay there really. No other options really.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                      I see the reg fees have increased between 18 and 40%. I look forward to seeing how the structures have improved along with the increased fees
                      700 + 70 only 10%

Comment

Originally posted by IrishScandie View Post
                        The most common complaint i've heard about the tour is that the "cost" of the hotel in every package is almost equal to the cost of the tournaments themselves.

Therefore more than a bit disappointed that nothing seems to have changed in that regard.
                        Sometimes I agree. But take Galway for example -

Package €1500 -

Ticket €770
                        Cash €170
                        Hotel €560

Now €560 for 5 nights in the Radisson Galway for Double Room (inc Breakfast) doesnt sound too bad value to me considering the cheapest on their website is €750 for the same deal.

Plenty of seat only Sats anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                          700 + 70 only 10%
                          Back to the old chesnut of %s vs actual money charged!

What do you get extra at the IO for paying €300 reg?

If you played a tourney for €1m & the reg was €100k would you be happy that it was 10% or would you expect daily blowjobs from Scarlett Johanson while eating your Michelin starred brekkie off Cheryl Cole's ass?

Comment

I think the numbers will be down this season with the increased buy in, as these tournys are made up of mostly recreational players. I hope i'm wrong.

QQ.. The gratuity is 3% of the prize-pool, is this the same as last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                              Back to the old chesnut of %s vs actual money charged!

What do you get extra at the IO for paying €300 reg?

If you played a tourney for €1m & the reg was €100k would you be happy that it was 10% or would you expect daily blowjobs from Scarlett Johanson while eating your Michelin starred brekkie off Cheryl Cole's ass?
                              true but if you could afford to pay 1m to enter tourie than another 100k would not make a difference

but too answer your question paying 10% of 70 euro is not that bad really having good dealers nice place to play in i think is worth it .

now playing 350 reg on 3500 euro is a bit much but were do you stop and start on what is a right charge for reg . the guys who run these events and dealers have a right to get paid properly for there time but how much is that to be fair on everyone

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                                700 + 70 only 10%
                                €70 reg this year as against €50 last year is a 40% increase.

Sometimes I agree. But take Galway for example -

Package €1500 -

Ticket €770
                                Cash €170
                                Hotel €560

Now €560 for 5 nights in the Radisson Galway for Double Room (inc Breakfast) doesnt sound too bad value to me considering the cheapest on their website is €750 for the same deal.

Plenty of seat only Sats anyway.
                                Who needs 5 nights accom?

Comment

Buy in, I like it.
                                  Citywest, I like it.
                                  May, I like it.

That is all.

Comment

[QUOTE=NewApproach;441446]€70 reg this year as against €50 last year

true but it also was 500 entry last year now its 700 so 70 10%

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach;441446[B
                                      ]€70 reg this year as against €50 last year is a 40% increase.[/B]

Who needs 5 nights accom?
                                      Last years Irish stops were €500 & €60
                                      €10,000 GTD New Monthly Tournament
                                      Village Green Card Club, Last Thursday of the Month, €270 Freezeout
                                      €1,000,000 GTD - Irish Open
                                      CityWest Hotel, 6th-13th April

Comment

[QUOTE=corkie123;441459]
                                        Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        €70 reg this year as against €50 last year

true but it also was 500 entry last year now its 700 so 70 10%
                                        Yes but what I'm saying is that assuming the structure is the same, how can they justify increasing rake so much?

Originally posted by JP Poker View Post
                                        Last years Irish stops were €500 & €60
                                        The extra tenner being in respect of VAT I believe? No problem. I did say between 18% and 40%, 18% being a rough increase from €60 to €70. Thinking about it now think it's nearer to 16.5% but either way still a pretty substantial increase.

Comment

I like the changes, upping to 700 is good, Galway February seems a good move and getting it out to City west from Ballsbridge is a great move.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                            getting it out to City west from Ballsbridge is a great move.
                                            Great for the organisers, awful for the players.

Edinburgh in January to be 1st stop afaik.

Comment

It's got to be the best location in the country to maximise runners from a travelling POV.
                                              Which is probably more important for for the cash tables than the tournament, which will get the runners anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                It's got to be the best location in the country to maximise runners from a travelling POV.
                                                Which is probably more important for for the cash tables than the tournament, which will get the runners anyway.
                                                Would say it will cut the amount of local players down drastically though, I've played the Dublin UKIPT the last 2 years, highly unlikely I will play a City West leg though, too much travel involved.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                  Would say it will cut the amount of local players down drastically though, I've played the Dublin UKIPT the last 2 years, highly unlikely I will play a City West leg though, too much travel involved.
                                                  I'm not so sure, I know loads of people that don't like going to Ballsbridge for the IO,IWF and the d4 events.

It will be interesting to see how this event is attended though. With most main roads in the country joining with the M50 which is a 5 minute drive to Citywest I think it will be a success. Not to mention all the players that travel up the M7/M9.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                    Great for the organisers, awful for the players.

Edinburgh in January to be 1st stop afaik.
                                                    subjective I guess, but city west pisses all over ballsbridge as a venue for me

Comment

I guess it puts the dublin ppl out a bit but they have it too easy already

It's brilliant news for me, City West is close enough to my place that I don't have to fork out on a room and food expenses. Huge huge plus!
                                                      Huh, Math my dear boy is nothing more than the lesbian sister of biology.

My Poker Blog http://jason-tompkins.blogspot.com
                                                      My twitter http://twitter.com/#!/blaaaaaah666

Comment

Can walk to Citywest Hotel from my place, great news its there

Comment

For people living in dublin city centre without a car may be a problem, but in general its a handy location to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by a-k-47 View Post
                                                            For people living in dublin city centre without a car may be a problem, but in general its a handy location to get to.
                                                            luas???? Also 69 bus goes right past it

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                              well then, nothing to fooking moan about.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface ste View Post
                                                                Yeah, get the luas & walk home ye lazy shower.

Party @ Ghostface every nite?

Comment

Anyone know where I can get the structure for the sats for Dublin UKIPT on Wed & Thurs?

Comment

Originally posted by merkum wallop View Post
                                                                    Anyone know where I can get the structure for the sats for Dublin UKIPT on Wed & Thurs?
                                                                    Bump for daytime readers if anyone knows where to get this - can't find on poker stars site.

Comment

Can anyone on here tell me what the starting stack and structure for the €110 6 max and €330 side events are ? Also how long it would take to get to the citywest on the luas from lower abbey street and how much a taxi back in would cost usually. Thanks.
                                                                      It was 60/40

Comment

Id say the clock and stack size would prob be the same as ukipt galway for the above tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by PokerProdigy View Post
                                                                          Can anyone on here tell me what the starting stack and structure for the €110 6 max and €330 side events are ? Also how long it would take to get to the citywest on the luas from lower abbey street and how much a taxi back in would cost usually. Thanks.
                                                                          Not sure on structures as for the Luas I would guess 45minutes or so assuming you get the one to goes straight to Saggart and not the one where you have to switch at Belgard, taxi fare roughly €30ish.
                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Is there no official thread for the Dublin leg here?

Is the e300 game still on the Saturday & is it still a 2 day game?

Comment

#39

showing confidence for main event?

Comment

#40
                                                                                Myself & more than likely Dom going to be blogging the event, looking forward to it first one in awhile.

Anybody going by Dublin 12 on Thursday morning who wouldn't mind me bumming a lift off them

Comment

#41
                                                                                  Originally posted by PokerProdigy View Post
                                                                                  Get a Saggart luas or else get a Tallaght luas and change at Belgard. Make sure you go to the last stop don't do what I did the last time I was out there and get off at Citywest Campus. When you reach the last stop you continue walking in the direction the luas was travelling and take the left, City West is a lttle further up that road on the right. All in all about 10 minute walk from the luas stop.

Taxi back to town should be about €20 - €25. Depending on the finish time you may be able to get the last luas back, I'm not sure.

Comment

#42
                                                                                    I have to get to citywest from shankill on thursday evening. Best way is dart to town then luas I guess?

Comment

#43

Just got emailed this from one of the guys in Pokerstars.

Comment

#44
                                                                                        Just read this in an email I got from stars:

"Following player feedback instead of a UKIPT Dublin player party we will be showing the Champions League Final in our own dedicated room with free drinks provided from 7:30pm - 10pm on Saturday 19th May in the Kingswood Suite, CityWest hotel"

eh sweet!

Comment

#45
                                                                                          Originally posted by JWillo1 View Post

"Following player feedback instead of a UKIPT Dublin player party we will be showing the Champions League Final in our own dedicated room with free drinks provided from 7:30pm - 10pm on Saturday 19th May in the Kingswood Suite, CityWest hotel"

eh sweet!
                                                                                          That's pretty cool man happy days for the players

Comment

#46
                                                                                            Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                            That's pretty cool man happy days for the players
                                                                                            I'm sure there might be a few spare pints goin around danny!

Comment

#47
                                                                                              Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                              showing confidence for main event?
                                                                                              In Spain tanning my big hairy ass > playing UKIPT

Prob back for Side Event.

Comment

#48

eh sweet!
                                                                                                Presumably Stars qualifiers only?

Comment

#49
                                                                                                  Finally binked a seat in the last satty! roll on friday ))

Comment

#50
                                                                                                    if i play main event day one for first 3 levels then leave for 3 hours due to work commitments. should i take it that this is ok and will just be blinded out.

Comment

#51
                                                                                                      Originally posted by pablob View Post
                                                                                                      if i play main event day one for first 3 levels then leave for 3 hours due to work commitments. should i take it that this is ok and will just be blinded out.
                                                                                                      No problems, your stack will just pay the blinds and antes while you are gone.

I assume the rebuy satellite is double rebuy optional? and must players have below starting stack/bust to rebuy??

Comment

#52
                                                                                                        Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                        Presumably Stars qualifiers only?
                                                                                                        Not sure tbh, I missed the last one. But I wouldnt think so?

Comment

#53
                                                                                                          Not sure tbh, I missed the last one. But I wouldnt think so?
                                                                                                          Everyone is welcome regardless of how you buy-in!

Should be good fun!

First goalscorer sweepstakes????

Comment

#54
                                                                                                            Originally posted by nismo9 View Post
                                                                                                            No problems, your stack will just pay the blinds and antes while you are gone.

I assume the rebuy satellite is double rebuy optional? and must players have below starting stack/bust to rebuy??
                                                                                                            This is correct - starting stack or below to rebuy and therefore by default double rebuy optional

Comment

#55
                                                                                                              hi lads, can you just confirm if you can buy in to ME with cash on the day or is it online buy ins only on the PS client?

John
                                                                                                              twitter https://twitter.com/#!/UTG_Jhamania

Comment

#56
                                                                                                                Originally posted by Jhamania View Post
                                                                                                                hi lads, can you just confirm if you can buy in to ME with cash on the day or is it online buy ins only on the PS client?

John
                                                                                                                You can buy in to any event with cash from 1 hour before hand in the tournament area.

We are also have a PS on site reg team if anyone wishes to register using PokerStars accounts.

Comment

#57
                                                                                                                  how many runners are expected on Day 1A, and can you buy in with debit/credit cards on the day?

Thanks again
                                                                                                                  John
                                                                                                                  twitter https://twitter.com/#!/UTG_Jhamania

Comment

#58
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                    Myself & more than likely Dom going to be blogging the event, looking forward to it first one in awhile.

Anybody going by Dublin 12 on Thursday morning who wouldn't mind me bumming a lift off them
                                                                                                                    I've sent you a PM.

Comment

#59
                                                                                                                      Originally posted by Jhamania View Post
                                                                                                                      how many runners are expected on Day 1A, and can you buy in with debit/credit cards on the day?

Thanks again
                                                                                                                      John
                                                                                                                      Really not sure on numbers to be honest. We already have well over 150 already registered for 1A so I would think 250 minimum would be a safe bet with Day 1B obviously being a lot busier.

We are working on being able to accept debit/credit cards, with any luck we should have a machine installed by tomorrow but I can't guarantee this at moment.

Comment

#60
                                                                                                                        Know it's going up late but anybody up for a last longest??

€50 a person good? If so post here and I will collect it, up to end of the 2nd level (break included if there is one) as standard to enter.

Come find me if you can or catch me when I'm out in the field, if you bust and I miss can you post in the live update page saying so, handy for keeping track of who is left.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X