RUGBY BETTING THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
    Havn't a clue as I'm only out of bed. Why are you such an angry young man ?
    Angry?? Not angry at all actually had a great laugh reading back through your posts as if you actually knew what you were shiteing on about. So who was this source in the English camp that told you Foden would be starting or did you just make that up to look cool on dinternet??

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
      Angry?? Not angry at all actually had a great laugh reading back through your posts as if you actually knew what you were shiteing on about. So who was this source in the English camp that told you Foden would be starting or did you just make that up to look cool on dinternet??
      You're definetely angry given you're behaviour here and on other threads where you attacked Sickpuppy. You're harassing me now over an inaccurate prediction I made and for reporting a source that turned out to be inaccurate. You're a strange one allright but sure 'tis the internets

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
        well the word today is that Kearney rolled an ankle/knee in training.

Might we see the return of Zebo to full back with Earls promoted to the wing?
        Would make sense Zebo has a massive boot and would love too see him get plenty of ball in open territory=broken play.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
          Would make sense Zebo has a massive boot and would love too see him get plenty of ball in open territory=broken play.

Let's hope Kearney was just let sit out training as a precaution. As well as being probably the best full back in the NH we need him to play a leadership role in the back 3 on Saturday

Comment

notice betpack(hacketts and co) are offering money back if ireland win the 6n,best price @ 2/1 on england btw,didnt see the t & cs,but will only guarantee a hundred quid most of the time.
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post

Nothing to offer but slagging why not throw an opinion on something up instead of slating others?
              What is it with Tipp people odd balls.
              No harm in being wrong wont get castrated or anything.
              Think this one thread had the least amount of handbags and noise others have.

Went to reopen my betfair account apparently my username is sheeplover.

Comment

Nothing to offer but slagging why not throw an opinion on something up instead of slating others?
                What is it with Tipp people odd balls.
                No harm in being wrong wont get castrated or anything.
                Think this one thread had the least amount of handbags and noise others have.

Went to reopen my betfair account apparently my username is sheeplover.

It was a very productive, friendly thread until Premierstone intervention. If we just ignore him I'm sure he'll give up on this thread. Guys like him need attention to survive

Comment

Any edges in HT/FT double result betting on windy days?

If the odds on TeamA HT/TeamB FT are say 5/1 on the coupon, would the odds change after the coin toss has been made.

Any stats on grounds most likely to have a second half turnaround - instinct would suggest it would be more likely at say the Galway Sportsgrounds then the Aviva?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                    Any edges in HT/FT double result betting on windy days?

If the odds on TeamA HT/TeamB FT are say 5/1 on the coupon, would the odds change after the coin toss has been made.

Any stats on grounds most likely to have a second half turnaround - instinct would suggest it would be more likely at say the Galway Sportsgrounds then the Aviva?
                    I don't have any stats but yes I would imagine weather conditions play a bigger role at the Sportsgrounds than any other ground in Ireland or the UK. The old Landsdowne Road was notorious for its swirling wind which the kickers hated too. Since the Aviva was developed and the ground is fully enclosed the wind doesn't play such an important role
                    Interesting topic you've brought up though, last Friday would have been a great example for Ireland ht England ft

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone
                      I hope the pair of ye are using adequate protection, I hear than Aids thing can be quite nasty

lol I see ye even covering for each other in bbv yesterday lol out loud either two right sad individuals or the worst muti accounting ever which is it???
                      I don't remember anyone being rude to you or make these sort of disgusting remarks. This is after your attack on Sickpuppy the other day and other little outbursts. As I said, you may want to retreat from the keyboard for a while.

Comment

No more personal attacks on here please folks, i've removed one post entirely and dont want to have to get rid of more

use the ignore feature if you dont want to read someones posts. I wont put up with continual sniping or abuse on this thread.

Comment

had a good look at the wales/ireland last night,slight worry about the wings perhaps,have par with the backs,ireland ahead in the pack/lineout,if i'm right ireland has to be worth a decent bet(right or wrong?)if ireland play to their strengths,keeping it tight when in possession,they must have a serious chance of winning this game.

anyways stuck my tenner on sob @ 9/1 for the man of the match,johnnys a bit skinny @ 6/1 for me,will be pissed if Cian Healy pops up @ 16s tho.
                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

6N Bets
                            England to win Championship @ 2/1 Boyles 6pt Bet
                            England to win Grand Slam @ 6/1 Boyles 2pt bet
                            Chris Ashton top try scoreer @ 9/1 Paddy Power 2 pt bet
                            Wales to finish bottom @18/1 Ladbrokes 1 pt bet

This weekend

England[-15] 10/11 Boyles 4pt bet
                            Ireland 11/8 outrught 3 pt bet Stan James
                            Irealnd[-10] 4/1 Paddy Power
                            Italy v France HSH 2nd half @ 5/6 2pt bet Bet365

Comment

6N Bets
                              Chris Ashton top try scoreer @ 9/1 Paddy Power 2 pt bet
                              Wales to finish bottom @18/1 Ladbrokes 1 pt bet

This weekend

England[-15] 10/11 Boyles 4pt bet
                              Ireland 11/8 outrught 3 pt bet Stan James
                              Irealnd[-10] 4/1 Paddy Power
                              Italy v France HSH 2nd half @ 5/6 2pt bet Bet365
                              England to win Grand Slam @ 6/1 Boyles 2pt bet could be cute bet with boyles,money back if france win the grand slam.

anyways had a 6 pointer on france to win the grand slam @7/1 some time ago with a view to laying off later

for this weekend
                              france -6 second half hcp 2 points @ 10/11 (lad)
                              ireland +2 for a 3 pointer @ evens (lad)
                              visser anytime tryscorer for half a point @ 10/3 (lad)
                              as well as a tenner on sob for man of the match @ 9/1 with pp
                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                England to win Grand Slam @ 6/1 Boyles 2pt bet could be cute bet with boyles,money back if france win the grand slam.

anyways had a 6 pointer on france to win the grand slam @7/1 some time ago with a view to laying off later

for this weekend
                                as well as a tenner on sob for man of the match @ 9/1 with pp
                                Visser is ridiculously prolific, 10/3 anytimme sounds good. I don't normally get involved in MOM markets but I think it may well be an Irish forward winning the prize tomorrow if the match plays out the way I hope it does. I was thinking of backing Seanie but decided on Cian Healy instead at 16/1. He just might reeceive a little less attention than SOB so I expect a lot of carries and he may pop up for a try. He's in very good form at the moment too. Love the 6Nations can't wait for it to start tomorrow

Comment

tend get the motm up every now and again for some reason clicked on tommy bowe last year @ 33s in the french game was the highlight,hopefully more of the same over the next 6 weeks or so.
                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Anyone who fancies Ireland, just spotted decent enhanced treble on Coral: Ire/Eng/Fra @ 19/10. otherwise it's best priced 17/10 (Ladbrokes).

Don't usually back Ireland but think our pack could give them a right mauling & if we can get ahead early we may win well.
                                    Backed us small -10pts @ 11/2 and -13pts @ 8/1 (both on Ladbrokes)
                                    Did modest Ire/Sco+16/Fra treble earlier in the week @ 3.88/1.
                                    Also bigger bet on Ireland >9.5 6N tries @ 10/11 and a dart at Zebo top 6N TS @ 25s.
                                    And decent punt on France Slam @ 15/2.
                                    Last edited by kpnuts; 02-02-13, 03:05. Reason: forgot Slam bet

Comment

Everyone seems to like Ireland today, bit of a shift in price. Got to go t'other way so.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

@conspicuous
                                        stuck to my word 3 quid on Heaslip and 2 on Parisse top tryscorer at 100's and 200's respectively
                                        Also had 5 on Zebo at 16/1 for the lolz. All prices with PP.
                                        Didn't back Bofana Fofana because he is like Ashton, just too short for a mug punter like me.

Also did Ireland,Italy +12 and England -15 treble at a little over 9.25 on Bet365.

Gl everyone

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Everyone seems to like Ireland today, bit of a shift in price. Got to go t'other way so.
                                          people think the Welsh lineup isn't strong, I see 12 first choice players when I look at the teamsheet.

All depends on the first 20 minutes, if we come out playing low risk rugby we'll be bum squeezing the whole 80.

If we come out and play quick rugby we'll be able to knock Wales out of their comfort zone early. Keep the crowd quiet, keep Biggar keen with a some good positioning from Zebo and Gilory (this might be the toughest part as its the only part of their games I'm not delighted with).

I really think that Wales missed a stroke by keeping Tipuric on the bench. Shindler picked to play the lineout, but we don't have an proactive defensive lineout, so no real need.

When it was seen that Henry was benched with POM playing 6 instead of a SOB 6, Henry 7 I would have thought they'd have realised that doing Warburton 6, Tipuric 7 would have made all the sense in the world to play a seriously attritional backrow vs that setup.

We've gotten lucky that they've made that decision tbh.

Still, I don't see it happening for us today unfortunately. Unless we can get a plan together that flies in the face of all previous Kidney-ball teams.

Gonna be interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                            Anyone who fancies Ireland, just spotted decent enhanced treble on Coral: Ire/Eng/Fra @ 19/10. otherwise it's best priced 17/10 (Ladbrokes).

Don't usually back Ireland but think our pack could give them a right mauling & if we can get ahead early we may win well.
                                            Backed us small -10pts @ 11/2 and -13pts @ 8/1 (both on Ladbrokes)
                                            Did modest Ire/Sco+16/Fra treble earlier in the week @ 3.88/1.
                                            Also bigger bet on Ireland >9.5 6N tries @ 10/11 and a dart at Zebo top 6N TS @ 25s.
                                            And decent punt on France Slam @ 15/2.
                                            Unlucky on alt caps kp

Comment

Ashton try

Comment

Winner winner today!

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                                  Winner winner today!
                                                  Well done, good day for most of us I think

Comment

for this weekend
                                                    as well as a tenner on sob for man of the match @ 9/1 with pp[/QUOTE]

that went well...le cnut
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

England are favs for grand slam and championship and Ireland are small favorites to win next weekend? Value??
                                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

V for Vendetta England are favs for grand slam and championship and Ireland are small favorites to win next weekend? Value??

I backed England at 6/1 last week and they're now slashed to 3/1 best price which I don't understand at all. They still have 3 massive matches to play even if the bookies are taking Italy as a given, which is no longer looking to be the case. Taking PP for example they have England priced at 10/11 to beat Ireland and 13/5 to slam, which means you are getting slightly under evens for a combined treble of England to beat France, Italy and Wales.

Either that's a mugs bet or England are totally overpriced to beat Ireland. I personally think it might be a bit of both and I now face a dilemna ahead of next weekend. Given the decent sum of money I return if England win the 6N and GS, I thought it wise to back Ireland next weekend. Having looked at markets for this game, it no longer looks like such a good idea. I could back Ireland at evens but this is roughly the same price I could lay England to win the Championship. The bet on Ireland doesn't insure against the GS either because England could still lose to France or Wales.

To complicate things further I think England at odds against are ludicrous value to beat us next weekend and as patriotic as I am, I find it hard to turn it down. Anyway what do people think my best course of action is here? I could do with some advice from the number crunchers. My gut instinct is to back England to win next Sunday, let the 6N bet ride but lay England at 3/1 for the slam

6N Bets

Comment

I backed England at 6/1 last week and they're now slashed to 3/1 best price which I don't understand at all. They still have 3 massive matches to play even if the bookies are taking Italy as a given, which is no longer looking to be the case. Taking PP for example they have England priced at 10/11 to beat Ireland and 13/5 to slam, which means you are getting slightly under evens for a combined treble of England to beat France, Italy and Wales.

Either that's a mugs bet or England are totally overpriced to beat Ireland. I personally think it might be a bit of both and I now face a dilemna ahead of next weekend. Given the decent sum of money I return if England win the 6N and GS, I thought it wise to back Ireland next weekend. Having looked at markets for this game, it no longer looks like such a good idea. I could back Ireland at evens but this is roughly the same price I could lay England to win the Championship. The bet on Ireland doesn't insure against the GS either because England could still lose to France or Wales.

To complicate things further I think England at odds against are ludicrous value to beat us next weekend and as patriotic as I am, I find it hard to turn it down. Anyway what do people think my best course of action is here? I could do with some advice from the number crunchers. My gut instinct is to back England to win next Sunday, let the 6N bet ride but lay England at 3/1 for the slam

I would wait till Friday when team is named because there could be a few out with injury so Ireland could drift tiny bit.

Personally I taught England be 4/6 for this match never taught we be that short

Comment

Originally posted by corigi View Post
                                                            I would wait till Friday when team is named because there could be a few out with injury so Ireland could drift tiny bit.

Personally I taught England be 4/6 for this match never taught we be that short

4/6 was exactly what I thought England would be too and was hoping to back Ireland around 11/8. When bookies line is so far from my own I usually have a big punt

Comment

4/6 was exactly what I thought England would be too and was hoping to back Ireland around 11/8. When bookies line is so far from my own I usually have a big punt
                                                              England are Favorites on Betfair at moment and Ireland are just over evens.

If 1or2 players are out injured we probably be 6/5 come Friday on Betfair

Comment

Originally posted by corigi View Post
                                                                England are Favorites on Betfair at moment and Ireland are just over evens.

If 1or2 players are out injured we probably be 6/5 come Friday on Betfair
                                                                It looks like Earls is the only genuine injury concern and that shouldn't affect the odds even if he's missing
                                                                Centre Keith Earls is Ireland’s biggest injury concern after Saturday’s 22-30 victory over Wales and will see a specialist later in the week for a shoulder injury sustained late in the game.

Comment

I get a free 50 bet on the rugby if I put one on at odds of 1/2 or better, what are my 2 bets anyone? England at evs looks a good price?

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                    I get a free 50 bet on the rugby if I put one on at odds of 1/2 or better, what are my 2 bets anyone? England at evs looks a good price?
                                                                    No dont think so.
                                                                    They have a decent bench but have a poor record of late in Dublin.
                                                                    Personally id expect a bg French backlash -8pts to batter a low on coinfidence Wales.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                      What bookies ?

France half time/full time is available at 4/6 or 4/7 most places and I would be very confident it comes in given France are on the backlash and usually start very strong in Paris.

There's a decent argument for England beating Ireland but I'm not as keen as I was earlier in the week. Tuilagi has been left on the bench and I think Ireland will have a plan to exploit the English back 3. It's a massive occasion for a lot of the young English players and we have to take their ability to handle the occassion on trust

Italy have only once won on the road in the 6N. They have only once won back to back matches. In 13 championship encounters between Scotland and Italy the home side has won 10. The stats point towards a Scotland win tomorrow and Italy have a 6 day turnaround after their heroics against France. Scotland @ 8/13

Comment

PP, was an emailed offer.

Cheers, have gone with that conspicuous.
                                                                        Last edited by bohsman; 08-02-13, 19:37.

Comment

the drop goal is quite a bit overpriced with PP at 15/8 for the England Ireland game and is quite out of line with the other bookmakers.even a small arbitrage opportunity if you are that way inclined backing yes with PP and no with Ladbrokes

Comment

good weekend to pick up a few bonus bets with most firms going evens both ireland/england,bet £50 get a free £50,fiver on the draw with boyles to cover,worst case scenario it will cost a fiver to free up £100 worth of bets(new acct. only)

my few bets so far

mike ross for the man of the match @ 50/1 for a tenner (pp)
                                                                            ireland/engand ht/ft @ 7/1 (pp) 1 point
                                                                            england/ireland ht/ft @ 7/1 (pp) 1 point
                                                                            George North anytime tryscorer @ 10/3 for half a point
                                                                            zebre @ 7/4 to lead at half time v glasgow,1 point bet (gen)
                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                              good weekend to pick up a few bonus bets with most firms going evens both ireland/england,bet £50 get a free £50,fiver on the draw with boyles to cover,worst case scenario it will cost a fiver to free up £100 worth of bets(new acct. only)

my few bets so far

mike ross for the man of the match @ 50/1 for a tenner (pp)
                                                                              ireland/engand ht/ft @ 7/1 (pp) 1 point
                                                                              england/ireland ht/ft @ 7/1 (pp) 1 point
                                                                              George North anytime tryscorer @ 10/3 for half a point
                                                                              zebre @ 7/4 to lead at half time v glasgow,1 point bet (gen)
                                                                              I like Ireland/England ht/ft @ 7/1 given how Ireland have lead at half time in 9 of our last 10 games but been outscored in the second half in 7 of them
                                                                              1pt bet
                                                                              Owen Farrell MOM @ 9/1 Bet Victor 1pt bet
                                                                              Ireland /England total points under 37.5 @10/11 Bet 363 3 pt bet
                                                                              France HT/FT @4/6 William Hill 5 pt bet

Good luck to all with your bets

Comment

Hi
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Italy +5 and French -9 good bets today?

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                    Logged on to ask same about Italy must be value there??

Comment

Italy outright at 7/4 looks huge!

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                                                                        Yeah this is what I went with it the end.

Comment

Based on last week's performance yes it is. However when you consider they have only won 1 away fixture in 13 years of 6N rugby it doesn't look so good. Only once have they won 2 matches in succession too[2007]. I'm not saying they won't win, they're up against a pretty weak Scottish team who should have conceded 50+ to England last week. However Italy have yet to prove that last week's victory wasn't a flash in the pan, their out half Oquera is a bit of a journeyman who gave his performance of a lifetime last week. They also only have a 6 day turnaround after such a draining match as last Sunday's.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                            On both of those.

Comment

Stuck 30 notes on Italy at 3.0 on Betfair. Scotland being just so bad and Italian tails up makes it good value, despite the history imo. I actually don't think last week's match was THAT draining. The pretty much bossed the French.

Comment

I like the straight win @3 and the -8.5 @ 7.2 on Italy

THey played so well last week and Scotland are so disorganised.
                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Orquera is a mess.

Comment

Orquera is a mess.
                                                                                                      Gave a lovely pass there to Hogg for the try. Oh wait...

Comment

France by 15 gonna rape Welsh scrum.

Comment

Even if a young Serge Blanco and Philippe Sella came on for the last 20 couldnt liven this muck up dire stuff.

Comment

One of these days I'll learn to stop betting on France. It really is a mugs market given their unpredictability. Well done Wales but that was as easy a win as you'll ever get in Paris

Comment

One of these days I'll learn to stop betting on France. It really is a mugs market given their unpredictability. Well done Wales but that was as easy a win as you'll ever get in Paris
                                                                                                              Going to add France to Connacht and Ireland on teams never to bet again.

Comment

Going to add France to Connacht and Ireland on teams never to bet again.
                                                                                                                I'm just ignoring them from now on a rule. I did my bollox on them failing to beat the cap against Samoa earlier in the season too

Comment

Think the English bench could make the difference tommorow.
                                                                                                                  Besides Cronin think Reddan showing his age our subs have damn all impact.

Comment

Think the English bench could make the difference tommorow.
                                                                                                                    Besides Cronin think Reddan showing his age our subs have damn all impact.
                                                                                                                    If Best, Ross, Murray or Sexton have to go off early tomorrow there's a massive drop off in quality a critical position. I don't like Earls coming on from the bench either, he admits himself he suffers from nerves and it takes him time to get into a game. England have serious impact in the form of Hartley, Lawes, Care and Tuilagi. Our intensity has to be right tomorrow, if not it could be a heavy defeat

Comment

If England win tomorrow I think somebody from their pack will be MoM, if Ireland win it will be our full back.
                                                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

off to the game later so put 15 quid on SOB for first tryscorer. No other bets as i really have no idea who'll win this one.

Comment

3 EURO ON JOE LAUNCHBERY 1ST SCORER.
                                                                                                                          Only bet
                                                                                                                          51/1
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 10-02-13, 13:04.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X