RUGBY BETTING THREAD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    Believe. I will have the sniper rifle handy in the stands in case of emergency.

After looking at the teams I fear thats the only thing preventing us from a 20 point beating. This game was crying out for Jennings and he's been left on the bench. I don't get why Cronin is starting either unless Strauss is carrying a knock. Whose going to steal ball for us when were under the cosh for long periods as we inevitably will be? I think midfield defence will be ok but were going to be on the backfoot a lot and holes will appear. Madigan will be targeted due to his lack of experience at fulback. I've a horrible feeling about this game

Comment

Yes, Cronin wtf. There goes at least three lineouts in the first half.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
        After looking at the teams I fear thats the only thing preventing us from a 20 point beating. This game was crying out for Jennings and he's been left on the bench. I don't get why Cronin is starting either unless Strauss is carrying a knock. Whose going to steal ball for us when were under the cosh for long periods as we inevitably will be? I think midfield defence will be ok but were going to be on the backfoot a lot and holes will appear. Madigan will be targeted due to his lack of experience at fulback. I've a horrible feeling about this game
        An early doors try for leinster ala Ireland against the Argies would be huge.

Going to be such a great game.

It'll definitely decide Leinster's season and by extension Ireland in a lot of ways.

Anyone hitting the SE tonight to watch Ulster btw?? Maybe win a little dough while we're watching.....(well miracles can happen)
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Taking a bit of Quins -15 today and Saracens +4
          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Small bet on Exeter +6 too
            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

I see Toulouse have been backed to -16 and -17 in places on the handicap. I have them at -14 for a 4 pt bet and they better deliver after last night. Talking to a couple of Frenchies today and they laughed when I said I'd backed Biarritz because theyknew they were going to lose

Comment

I see Toulouse have been backed to -16 and -17 in places on the handicap. I have them at -14 for a 4 pt bet and they better deliver after last night. Talking to a couple of Frenchies today and they laughed when I said I'd backed Biarritz because theyknew they were going to lose
                Ya conn played great but Biarritz were god awful some of the passing like they met that morning for first time after a night on the razz.
                Toulouse are going to have the bonus at half time.
                Mockers fully put on Toooooolose there Noves to give them huge bollicking and come out firing in second half.
                Last edited by Guest; 08-12-12, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                  Ya conn played great but Biarritz were god awful some of the passing like they met that morning for first time after a night on the razz.
                  Toulouse are going to have the bonus at half time.
                  Mockers fully put on Toooooolose there Noves to give them huge bollicking and come out firing in second half.
                  Ffs!! On Toulouse at -13.5. Knew those missed convos would do me.
                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                    Phew! Nothing easy is there!!

Comment

Thought you were some sort of number cruncher got out of jail with 25 seconds left pen in front of posts.
                      won by 16
                      Scoring 5 trys and only converting one was poor after being so dominant would have been a travesty if they didnt cover the handicap some conversion from ospreys at the end.

Comment

Sale about to be violated by Toooooulon gone from -9 to -12 - 13pts.
                        Any top team with Tony Buckled as your tight head is gonna be in trouble.
                        Redic back row for Toulon Masoe,Lobbe and fat ARMITAGE
                        Last edited by Guest; 08-12-12, 15:38.

Comment

Thought you were some sort of number cruncher got out of jail with 25 seconds left pen in front of posts.
                          won by 16
                          Scoring 5 trys and only converting one was poor after being so dominant would have been a travesty if they didnt cover the handicap some conversion from ospreys at the end.
                          On a 3 hour hike Mick. Fucking slow planetrugby updates and a suspended or illiquid bet fair market made it hard to track! Should have been an easy one hence I wasn't too fussed until I saw the update at 60 minutes.

Frenchies always make you sweat. It's why Rounders loves them!!

Comment

On a 3 hour hike Mick. Fucking slow planetrugby updates and a suspended or illiquid bet fair market made it hard to track! Should have been an easy one hence I wasn't too fussed until I saw the update at 60 minutes.

Frenchies always make you sweat. It's why Rounders loves them!!
                            Aha sure you were goosed then ya got try in corner new fly half slots it beautifully from his wrong side handicap in ribbons argh then Ospreys looking for losing bonus turn over give away penalty for a second thought were gonna kick it dead but slotted it over to rescue situation.

Comment

Aha sure you were goosed then ya got try in corner new fly half slots it beautifully from his wrong side handicap in ribbons argh then Ospreys looking for losing bonus turn over give away penalty for a second thought were gonna kick it dead but slotted it over to rescue situation.
                              Beautiful.

Comment

Sale about to be violated by Toooooulon gone from -9 to -12 - 13pts.
                                Any top team with Tony Buckled as your tight head is gonna be in trouble.
                                Redic back row for Toulon Masoe,Lobbe and fat ARMITAGE
                                No violation won by 11 Fortress Thomond may get taken down tonight with turnstile Radge at 10

Comment

+2.5 at 10/11 for Sarries is good I think.

That's a powerful Sarries pack.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                    +2.5 at 10/11 for Sarries is good I think.

That's a powerful Sarries pack.
                                    Shambolic lineouts from Sarries but have a strong bench.

Comment

Farrell, icy cool and collected against the All Blacks for his country.

Freezes up against Munster in Thomond Park!

Comment

Farrell, icy cool and collected against the All Blacks for his country.

Freezes up against Munster in Thomond Park!
                                        He wouldn't be the first in fairness. The crowd play a huge role at Thomond Park, constantly on the oppositons back and in the referees ear. This would have been a lot more pressure for the young man than playing the ABs at Twickenham, funny as it sounds. Munster desserved their win tonight and I suspect Saracens wont be too disappointment with a LBP. They will win the reverse fixture at home next week by 10 I'd say. Looking forward to seeing the handicap market

Comment

He wouldn't be the first in fairness. The crowd play a huge role at Thomond Park, constantly on the oppositons back and in the referees ear. This would have been a lot more pressure for the young man than playing the ABs at Twickenham, funny as it sounds. Munster desserved their win tonight and I suspect Saracens wont be too disappointment with a LBP. They will win the reverse fixture at home next week by 10 I'd say. Looking forward to seeing the handicap market
                                          lol, seriously, that is one hell of a big munster ego!!! as much as i respect thomond park etc. this is a pool game where they don't have that much to lose, and if anything, dropping back to club rugby after 4 weeks of internationals would've felt like a doddle, and a day on the training field.

First time playing new zealand? At twickenham? i'd be shitting bricks tbh.

i'd be happy to ask him that question if i ever meet him and i think he'd laugh in my face and tell me to gtfo!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                            lol, seriously, that is one hell of a big munster ego!!! as much as i respect thomond park etc. this is a pool game where they don't have that much to lose, and if anything, dropping back to club rugby after 4 weeks of internationals would've felt like a doddle, and a day on the training field.

i'd be happy to ask him that question if i ever meet him and i think he'd laugh in my face and tell me to gtfo!!!
                                            I know its the betting thread but Thomond is rediculously intimidating for the opposition.
                                            Noise was so loud tonight players couldnt here refs whistle.
                                            Many big names have crumbled there and Munster forwards particulary were excellent tonight.

Comment

I know its the betting thread but Thomond is rediculously intimidating for the opposition.
                                              Many big names have crumbled there and Munster forwards particulary were excellent tonight.
                                              i 100% agree. it's intimidating etc. this was not a "big" night as far as games go. it was a pool game with not much at stake. he didn't have his best game (personally didn't see the game tbh). all i'm saying is his comments were OTT as to "the pressure was bigger than he's ever experienced because it was Thomond park".
                                              i'd be pretty confident the self made pressure at Twickenham for a lad that young playing his first game against the all blacks is going to be way up on the list.

Comment

at first glance to me munster -4 looks beatable,they have to win this to have any chance of progressing,not that motivation is a problem, played quite well last weekend and a big Promational drive with rail/match tickets from cork (as well as others) should have a full house on the night

Thomond park last night was as loud as i ever heard it,as posted above early on in the week,it made the -4 beatable,backing munster with thomond in full voice over the years is a winning strategy,that said we'll do well to get a result next weekend.

going for Leicester winning 8-14 at half time @ 12/5 for 2.5 points and a drop goal to be scored @ 6/5 in the clermont/leinster game for a 2 pointer
                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

just took montpellier @ 10/11 with powers for a 3 pointer,blues down a man and at least so far the french look interested
                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post

A Frenchman giving lectures on pressure, what's the world coming to eh? Only kidding mate maybe I didn't explain myself properly and maybe you are underestimating the effect the home crowd have on the opposition at Thomond Park. Its not for nothing that Munster have only lost twice there ever in the HEC.
                                                    Having been a supporter in the stands at both Thomond and Twickenham I have a good understanding of the noise and atmosphere generated at both venues. The big mistake you made in your post is describing the contest as " a pool game where they don't have that much to lose" . I'm sorry but pool games at Thomond Park are never meaningless, you will be reminded of this the moent you enter Limerick.
                                                    Obviously England playing NZ at Twickenham is far bigger match in a bigger stadium than Munster v Saracens at Thomond. Im also sure Farrell felt pressure before the NZ test. However that doesn't mean the pressure was greater than during the Munster v Saracens match at Thomond. At Twickenham he was playing at home and he started strongly nailing his kicks to put his team in a very strong position at half time which would have helped hos confidence greatly. At Thomond he was playing away at one of the most partisan stadiums in Europe in front of a home crowd that are on his back literally all the time. Thats before you even consider the relative strength of his teams performance at Twickenham compared to Thomond. Pressure has a funny way of manifesting itself and is totally situational. I dont for a second think that Munster v Saracens is a bigger game than England v NZ but I do believe Farrell felt the pressure more at Thomond. And it's not a "Munster ego" either I'm Leinster all the way

Comment

and after this weekends rugger punting

clermont(2/5)/biarritz(1/3) win double for 2.5 points. lost
                                                      Biarritz- 5 @ 5/6 for 3 points lost
                                                      quinns - 8 second half hcp @ 10/11 for a 2 pointer win rt. 3.82
                                                      castres to beat glasgow @ 6/5 2 point win[/QUOTE]win rt 4.40

just took montpellier @ 10/11 with powers for a 3 pointer,blues down a man and at least so far the french look interested[/QUOTE] win rt 5.73

going for Leicester winning 8-14 at half time @ 12/5 for 2.5 points lost

drop goal to be scored in the Clermont/leinster @ 6/5 for 2 points lost

for a loss of 3.05 over all,in other news the anti post bets are running very well with france(took 8/1) dropping down to best price of 7s with sporting bet and 6s most other firms and ulster(took 16/1)is now best priced 5/1(stan james) with 9/2 with most other firms
                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

agreed,you have to remember that thomond park is a purpose-built rugby stadium with terraces running right around and up to the pitch side,the noise this creates with the crowd in full voice when bounced back from the covered stands is huge,makes men run through walls imo and cant be underestimated,can make a huge difference to the home team.

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

padjeen first out of the traps again with next weekends carnage

Connacht + 15.0
                                                          Ulster -11.0
                                                          Saracens -3.0
                                                          only three priced up,first thoughts are the saracens -3 looks backable,Biarritz getting it in the neck with the french media after last weekend and could beat the hcp who knows but prob stick with connacht + at this stage,ulster-11 have to wait and see until later in the week.nothing up for leinster/clermont but thinking going low for this
                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                            and after this weekends rugger punting

clermont(2/5)/biarritz(1/3) win double for 2.5 points. lost
                                                            Biarritz- 5 @ 5/6 for 3 points lost
                                                            quinns - 8 second half hcp @ 10/11 for a 2 pointer win rt. 3.82
                                                            castres to beat glasgow @ 6/5 2 point win
                                                            win rt 4.40

just took montpellier @ 10/11 with powers for a 3 pointer,blues down a man and at least so far the french look interested[/QUOTE] win rt 5.73

going for Leicester winning 8-14 at half time @ 12/5 for 2.5 points lost

drop goal to be scored in the Clermont/leinster @ 6/5 for 2 points lost

for a loss of 3.05 over all,in other news the anti post bets are running very well with france(took 8/1) dropping down to best price of 7s with sporting bet and 6s most other firms and ulster(took 16/1)is now best priced 5/1(stan james) with 9/2 with most other firms[/QUOTE]

seems Butch James landed a drop goal very late in the first half,which gave me a wee profit of 1.35 over the weekend...whip-doodleie-da
                                                            Last edited by amberleaf; 11-12-12, 10:38.
                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

lines starting to move already with Connacht now + 14 after todays clear out in Biarritz,sarries now -4 just had a look at Referee Jerome Garces past stats over the past ten games in the hc,he's 9 yellows,2 reds and 74 pens,given munsters recent record this is not good.leinster are -6 and not at all sure about this,think Clermont could stick the ball up the jumper with a view of getting a bonus point a good result for them,and winning their last two exeter at home and scarlets away
                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

first bet of the week and taking a chance on Cavalieri + 23 in the half time handicap against stade francais in the european challenge cup,the idea is about the mindset of the french side going into this,don't think they'll chomping at the bit some how,throw in the Thalt Shall Not Pass attitude of the Italian teams in general,at least in the first half and we got us a (somewhat degenerate)bet
                                                                2 point win @ 10/11 with billy hill
                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Connacht up at +16 with SJ.

Nice price?

Comment

Connacht up at +16 with SJ.

Nice price?
                                                                    Really hard to know could be clsoe could lose by 32 33 points neither would surprise me.
                                                                    Hard to remember when conn had back to back great performances.

Biarritz were horrific last week couldnt even pass to each other Pyrelongue back at 10 and hairy donkey starting and at home i expect a huge backlash from Biarritz its would be a no bet from me.

Comment

in game Stade Francais v Cavalieri total tries

under 5.5 @ evens with 365
                                                                      over 5.5 @ 6/5 with laddies

if any one has a account with both ya know what to do!
                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

first bet of the week and taking a chance on Cavalieri + 23 in the half time handicap against stade francais in the european challenge cup,the idea is about the mindset of the french side going into this,don't think they'll chomping at the bit some how,throw in the Thalt Shall Not Pass attitude of the Italian teams in general,at least in the first half and we got us a (somewhat degenerate)bet
                                                                        good start to the weekend with the half time score stade francais 9-6 Cavalieri .was looking at the edinburgh v racing Metro match on friday night,both teams are finding it hard to find tries with racing Metro finding just 4 so far in the hc and edinburgh have just 9 points in total on the board over the three games so far(all last weekend).racing Metro are best price 8/11 to win with edinburgh 6/5 with the cap on 2 points,not too gone on any of the above,but with heavy rain forecast for tomorrow night at the venue, going for a few small outside bets
                                                                        half time result draw @ 12/1(sj)and no try to be scored @ 12/1(365),just a half point on each and might also have a look at the total points when its priced up

not sure what to make out of the biarritz/connacht match with both clubs hitting the headlines over the past few days,at the very least the biarritz players wont be short of motivation with some contracts being looked at and a frustrated home crowd looking for a major improvement,if connacht can hold them early could see the home crowd turning a little and perhaps a little panic might set in,the forecast is for rain which can only help the cause and of course we have Johnny Concretegoing for a 2 pointer on connacht + 16 with the indos for interest as much as anything
                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Benetton+10 v Leicester
                                                                          the flip flop here is best priced @ 15/2 and imo is just about backable,also the second half highest scoring half might be worth a look but not at 4/6,and key stat here from the hc website is Treviso have conceded 49 penalties in three matches, more than any other side.might have a closer look at this when all the markets are priced up for now just taking a point on Benetton/Leicester ht/ft @ 15/2 with 365.
                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

going for a little punt on sexton for the first tryscorer @ 25/1 with coral,last year in the semi-final leinster used a floated reverse pass through the gap which this created in the middle as clermonts defence drifted towards the wing with a off load to healy(watch the first 30 seconds)
                                                                            Union Rugby European Club Championship : Heineken Cup 2011/2012 Semi-finalClermont Auvergne (FRA) vs Leinster (IRE)29 Apr. 2012 Stade Chban-Delmas, Bordeaux

last weekend a very similar play which saw Madigan go through with a off load which almost worked,sexton is usually lurking around this area and is quick and physical enough to take advantage if this happens to come up again(skip on to 0.45 for last weekends effort)meh at 25/1 i'll give it half a point

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Some sickener for Connacht backers on the handicap horrible conditions game should have been postponed imo.

Ulster play Northampton tomorrow and the line has gone to 10pts .
                                                                              I really fancy Ulster who are awesome at Ravenhill and hammered Northampton last week away.
                                                                              Missing talisman Muller is a blow but Henderson is well able for this level.

Northampton are missing Hartley who despite being a horrible prick and scumbag is agood player and a leader.

The weather is promised dry and coldish which will suit Ulsters style of play some great try scoring this season from them and i expect a 5pointer here and seal top spot.
                                                                              This is a team who hammered Leicester last year beat Clermont the year before so a Northampton team in decline should get stuffed too also they seem to be crammed full of cunts from Mallinder to Hartley doran jones Lawes and Callum Clark hope they get the hammering they deserve.

Toulon -23 might be worth a small sniff at home to a floundering Sale team who have nothing to play for.

Johnny Wilko is out but Freddie Michalak is running the backline hell attack the gainline more and with Matt Gitea at 12 lots of creativity for outside backs esp WULF and David Smith who are flyers.

The bench is ridiuclous. 16 Sebastien Bruno, 17 Andrew Sheridan, 18 Carl Hayman, 19 Jocelino Suta, 20 Mathieu Bastareaud, 21 Juan Fernandez Lobbe, 22 Jonny Wilkinson, 23 Simon Shaw.

So much experience and power to come on at 50 to drive the final nail into Sale who really will have one eye on the premiership currently adrift at the bottom of the league.
                                                                              They played well at home last week in the wet and still lost by 11 points away there heart wont be in it.

Promised
                                                                              dry on sunday this Toulon team at home have been racking up big scores and cant see any reason why that wont continue Toulon by 30.

Comment

yup that biarritz/connacht game was crazy stuff alright but to be fair biarritz were the better team by far on the night and it was the same for both teams,player welfare on the other hand seemed to be thrown out the window which is not good.

sticking a half point on Sean Maitland for the first try scorer @ 20/1 in the Castres/Glasgow game,first start for the former Crusaders player (four years with Crusaders scoring 115 points along the way)and hopefully might get a fairytail start to his glasgow Career

in the Saracens/Munster,will there be a yellow card,yes @ 4/9 for 3 points,very skinny odds but still think this should be a even shorter and will be shocked if there isn't one tbh given the man in the middle and recent form.
                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

dragons v Mogliano,same thinking as above,taking Mogliano + 20.5 @ 10/11 first half handicap for two points(live on s4c 5.35)
                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

took a little of the glasgow +12 with sj for a two pointer,could catch them on the break,give it a two pointer @ 10/11
                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Some sickener for Connacht backers on the handicap horrible conditions game should have been postponed imo.

Ulster play Northampton tomorrow and the line has gone to 10pts .
                                                                                      I really fancy Ulster who are awesome at Ravenhill and hammered Northampton last week away.
                                                                                      Missing talisman Muller is a blow but Henderson is well able for this level.

Northampton are missing Hartley who despite being a horrible prick and scumbag is agood player and a leader.

The weather is promised dry and coldish which will suit Ulsters style of play some great try scoring this season from them and i expect a 5pointer here and seal top spot.
                                                                                      This is a team who hammered Leicester last year beat Clermont the year before so a Northampton team in decline should get stuffed too also they seem to be crammed full of cunts from Mallinder to Hartley doran jones Lawes and Callum Clark hope they get the hammering they deserve.

Toulon -23 might be worth a small sniff at home to a floundering Sale team who have nothing to play for.

Johnny Wilko is out but Freddie Michalak is running the backline hell attack the gainline more and with Matt Gitea at 12 lots of creativity for outside backs esp WULF and David Smith who are flyers.

The bench is ridiuclous. 16 Sebastien Bruno, 17 Andrew Sheridan, 18 Carl Hayman, 19 Jocelino Suta, 20 Mathieu Bastareaud, 21 Juan Fernandez Lobbe, 22 Jonny Wilkinson, 23 Simon Shaw.

So much experience and power to come on at 50 to drive the final nail into Sale who really will have one eye on the premiership currently adrift at the bottom of the league.
                                                                                      They played well at home last week in the wet and still lost by 11 points away there heart wont be in it.

Promised
                                                                                      dry on sunday this Toulon team at home have been racking up big scores and cant see any reason why that wont continue Toulon by 30.
                                                                                      wow good call ended up 62-0
                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

wow good call ended up 62-0
                                                                                        Ya when i said worth a flutter at -23 then said Toulon by 30 was what i thought the line should be so obv -23 was good bet then in my eyes.

Toulon at home are formidable this year and had over 80% possession and territory the first half.
                                                                                        Sick i tipped Ulster wanted to keep run good going was on 1 2pubs mess so didnt see that or leinster match but abad weekend for the provinces.

Comment

and after this weeks rugby punting

Cavalieri + 23 in the half time handicap 2 points (win rt 3.82)
                                                                                          edinburgh v racing Metro half time result draw @ 12/1 half point (lost)
                                                                                          edinburgh v racing Metro no try @ 12/1 half point (win rt 6.5)
                                                                                          connacht + 16 2 points (lost)
                                                                                          Benetton/Leicester ht/ft for a point @ 15/2 (win rt 8.5)
                                                                                          sexton first try scorer half point (lost)
                                                                                          Maitland first try scorer half a point (lost)
                                                                                          Saracens/Munster yellow card 3 points @ 4/9 (win rt 4.33)
                                                                                          glasgow +12 in game 2 points @ 10/11 (win rt 3.82)
                                                                                          Mogliano + 20.5 @ 10/11 first half handicap (lost)

total invested 14 points,total return 26.97 for a profit of the bones of 13 points.
                                                                                          plenty of local derbies in the pro 12 for the next few weeks,should be fun
                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

and after this weeks rugby punting

Cavalieri + 23 in the half time handicap 2 points (win rt 3.82)
                                                                                            edinburgh v racing Metro half time result draw @ 12/1 half point (lost)
                                                                                            edinburgh v racing Metro no try @ 12/1 half point (win rt 6.5)
                                                                                            connacht + 16 2 points (lost)
                                                                                            Benetton/Leicester ht/ft for a point @ 15/2 (win rt 8.5)
                                                                                            sexton first try scorer half point (lost)
                                                                                            Maitland first try scorer half a point (lost)
                                                                                            Saracens/Munster yellow card 3 points @ 4/9 (win rt 4.33)
                                                                                            glasgow +12 in game 2 points @ 10/11 (win rt 3.82)
                                                                                            Mogliano + 20.5 @ 10/11 first half handicap (lost)

total invested 14 points,total return 26.97 for a profit of the bones of 13 points.
                                                                                            plenty of local derbies in the pro 12 for the next few weeks,should be fun
                                                                                            Well played Amberleaf, some nice predictions there and Connacht should have held to beat the handicap. I had a pretty good weekend myself even though my biggest best was Ulster for a 5 pt bet and they let me down. I had Exeter and Toulon to beat their handicaps for 4 pt bets and both obliged. I also had Wasps on Thursday night[3pts] and they beat their handicap. There's a poster on PR by the name of Burrow Hill and he really does know English rugby inside out. He's also running pretty hot so I'd advise you all to take a look at his weekly predictions over there

Comment

Well played Amberleaf, some nice predictions there and Connacht should have held to beat the handicap. I had a pretty good weekend myself even though my biggest best was Ulster for a 5 pt bet and they let me down. I had Exeter and Toulon to beat their handicaps for 4 pt bets and both obliged. I also had Wasps on Thursday night[3pts] and they beat their handicap. There's a poster on PR by the name of Burrow Hill and he really does know English rugby inside out. He's also running pretty hot so I'd advise you all to take a look at his weekly predictions over there
                                                                                              cheers,nice when they come in alright,connacht were a little unlucky the way it happened but biarritz were miles ahead, to be fair had a good try disallowed in the first half as well imo,still a little unsure about the depth in the ulster squad,if key players don't play or not allowed to play to their best they can be got at,we'll know more over the next few weeks i suppose.some nice little battles coming up in the pro 12 over the next few weeks,would think Treviso will have too much for Zebre and might be worth a look in the hcp and other markets,Glasgow look to be improving a little as edinburgh seem lost without mcviss,a few nice welsh battles as well and as for the irish,will be interesting to see ulsters reaction to the weekends result on friday night v leinster and away to munster afterwards.
                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

taking the + 8 on leinster @ 10/11 with the bet pack/sj bookmakers for a 2 pointer and a half point on Ian Madigan @ 22/1 for the first try scorer.also sticking a two pointer on glasgow -6 my few bets so far.
                                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

On piss for last 2 weeks hence feck all ideas good luck to us in 2013.
                                                                                                  Been some good stuff on this thread over the last few months and hopefully can make a few quid or a least
                                                                                                  control the losses somewhat.

Few 2013 predictions Clermont for heineken finally best team ever not to have won it.
                                                                                                  Leinster for Amlin cup
                                                                                                  Leinster for Rabo league hammering ospreys hopefully.

France for 6nations too much talent not too walk it imo.
                                                                                                  Connacht to pick some foreign gimp who wont have a hope of sucess after not giving Eddie O sullivan an interview clowns.
                                                                                                  Paul O connell and BOD and Ferris to retire all from there bodies breaking down tearful days indeed.

Me to defy my surgeon and make a trumphant return to playing on the Stillorgan tour of Malaga in feburary even if its for a minute last memory i spend on a rugby pitch not gonna be stretchered off.

Lions series win for us finally was there in 2001 and going to be there in 2013 barring death.

O gara to be picked for six nations squad despite his best days along distant memory and Kidney to still play a horrible brand of rugby.
                                                                                                  kidney not to get his contract extended dunno who for ireland.

Good luck to us in 2013 keep up good work all posters.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 21-12-12, 16:50.

Comment

Treviso[-6.5 pinnacle] is the most appealing looking handicap bet from the Pro 12 this weekend for me. Although they are away from home they are in good form and should have far too much for a Zebre team who are really being stretched and have struggled badly of late. Treviso should be encouraged by their HEC performances against Leicester while their last Pro 12 game resulted in a 32-13 win over Dragons. I would expect something similar this weekend.
                                                                                                    I'm tempted to back Glasgow to beat Edinburgh as the latter are so bad but it's hard to back a team to beat a 6 point handicap when they have scored a 8,6,3 and 0 in their last 4 matches. Edinburgh are also toothless in attack and its a derby so I expect a low scoring encounter and this is where my money is going
                                                                                                    I wouldn't touch the Ireland derbies from a betting perspective, I expect an Ulster backlash as they just didnt play to form last weekend while Leinster have sent a callow looking team to Ravenhill, not for me though
                                                                                                    I will be taking Burrow's advice on Leicester[-5], thank you my friend win or lose. Good luck to everyone with their bets

Treviso[-6.5] @ 10/11 with pinnacle 3pt bet
                                                                                                    Glasgow/Edinburgh under 36 @ 10/11 with William Hill 2.5 pt bet
                                                                                                    Glasgow/Edinburgh under 30 @ 2/1 with Betfred 1 pt bet
                                                                                                    Leicester[-5] @10/11 with PP 3pt bet

Comment

like the Treviso bet but have to settle for the -7 for two points @ 10/11,also going for a 2 pointer on munster -1 in the 2nd half hcp,the bench is where i'm looking @ 10/11 and just a half point on tommy o donnell for the first tryscorer @ 20/1

@ sickpuppy agree with most for 2013,especially with Eddie O sullivan,apparently he sounded out if he had a look in on the job and was told to send in his cv and he would be granted a interview at least,utter stupidity in my view from a province that has gained so much respect over the last few years,seems obvious where this decision was made
                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

having a right cut off dragons +9 in running,weather con. are poor and will have plenty going their way in the 2nd half (9-0 now to blues)
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

HC probably 6 points too high.

Connacht +15 asap

reason:

Originally posted by errlloyd
                                                                                                          15: Andrew Conway
                                                                                                          14: Fergus McFadden
                                                                                                          13: Brendan Macken
                                                                                                          12: Andrew Goodman
                                                                                                          11: Fionn Carr
                                                                                                          10: Ian Madigan
                                                                                                          9: Isaac Boss

1: Heinke van der Merwe
                                                                                                          2: Aaron Dundon
                                                                                                          3: Michael Bent
                                                                                                          4: Ben Marshall
                                                                                                          5: Devin Toner
                                                                                                          6: Rhys Ruddock
                                                                                                          7: Shane Jennings CAPTAIN
                                                                                                          8: Jordi Murphy

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Sean Cronin
                                                                                                          17: Jack McGrath
                                                                                                          18: Mike Ross
                                                                                                          19: Leo Cullen
                                                                                                          20: Dominic Ryan
                                                                                                          21: John Cooney
                                                                                                          22: Noel Reid
                                                                                                          23: Adam Byrne

This team looks... Fresh.

Comment

Now take it out of the bbv before you jinx us!
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                              Now take it out of the bbv before you jinx us!
                                                                                                              Done

Comment

Unlucky Connacht were godawful with the ball couldnt string 3 or 4 phases.
                                                                                                                Parks not taking 3 when we got a penalty in the 22 was insane needed two scores to draw level but always take the 3 if on offer.
                                                                                                                Would have probably got the handicappers over the line.

Had 2 euro on Geroege to score first vowed never to back connacht again horribly inconssistent and pure brainless at times.

Comment

Connacht never really looked like scoring tbh and the hcps were more or less bang on of the three matches i saw today.munster/ulster,leinster/connacht & the edinburgh/glasgow also saw that two of my first tryscorer ponys in sean maitland & ian madigan showed up didnt have a cent on of course,madigan in picticuler seems to pop up fairly often could be one for next weekend if hes on the field when they play a fairly poor edinburgh outfit even with mcviss back in the hunt.
                                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Teams going for the corner when more than a score down baffles me. Is there any game theory sense to it at all? You get the ball back after the three ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                      Teams going for the corner when more than a score down baffles me. Is there any game theory sense to it at all? You get the ball back after the three ffs!
                                                                                                                      Like even if they got 3 that was losing bonus point territory need to score twice anyways so take the easy one first getting on the score sheet really boosts morale.

Think Elwood has done as much as he can and new blood required.

Comment

Was at the game freezing my dick off. Livid at Connacht turning down points!

Comment

Freezing night at the RDS. Madigan did well to score when Connacht went asleep thinking he would kick for 3. Parks not taking the 3 points on offer at the end was senseless. It was a poor game overall and looking back on it still cant understand how we won with 17 points to spare.
                                                                                                                          Also must add that Devin Toner's handling was dreadful.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X