No announcement yet.

Airticity League Prem & First - 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All over the 3/4 on Sligo vs Monaghan tomorrow.

Don't see Mons keeping Sligo scoreless for another 90. Whatever bit of complacency there was on Saturday will be gone .

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
      If both kids - then yeh value in Bohs

Shels played nearly full team vs Wexford in the last round. Also with the league pretty much sewn up you'd imagine theyll take this game serious

theyve moved from 2.7 into 2.15 now - team news will be interesting
      Just off a flight but seems to have been a comfortable win for Bohs kids against Shels first string.

Comment

I was on Shels @ 4/1 and 11/4 with Bet365 - I let it ride but in hindsight I should have layed it off

Comment

Bohs for me are solid favs. vs Bray.

4/6 with Boyles atm. is very fair.

Comment

So Sheriff got thrown out of F.A.I cup and Limerick get a bye.
            Sheriff fielded an ineligible player and were expelled from the cup. Shels don't get a second bite at the cherry just because they were Sheriff's opponent in the round previous.

I understand they had til 1pm today to lodge an appeal(they being both Sheriff and Shels), and Shels have lodged an appeal with Merrion Sq. this morning afaik. Limerick can appeal to the senior council on any overturned decision that affects there cup fixture. A bit messy.

Comment

I have Shels @ 50s (pretty sure it's in this thread somewhere) so here's fucking hoping!

EDIT: http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...7&postcount=74
              Last edited by Raheny Red; 07-09-11, 12:05.

Comment

opposing shamrocks tonight
                Also going to back 0-0 at nearly 9/1

taking droghs +1
                On harps for a bit also
                GAA News Website

Comment

Won a few quid on the Sligo result.

Will make last couple of months very exciting.

Shamrock Rovers might have the squad but for me Sligo have the better 1st 11.

Comment

Really good interview here from O'Neill. Backs to the wall times for them, but i think theyll come good. Ricketts seems influential to them too, Murray found some form.
                    Link for interview here : http://extratime.ie/newsdesk/article...er-loss-sligo/
                    also, PLEASE look, if only to see the comment on the page. The profiler followed by what she said. LOL

Any opinions on tonight?
                    GAA News Website

Comment

Galway ftw!

Comment

yeh im actually on galway/bray and droghs in the massive handicaps. Dont like any of the three but cant ignore the price!

On shams pretty big. Like unders there too

Close to bohs - esp if hawkins and gaynor is out (and price doesnt move) esp the former
                        GAA News Website

Comment

A few of my mates really like unders in the Derry game.

Comment

edit

sry, bit of a brain fart - yeh the unders is a good bet. more so than hc line in this one!
                            Last edited by Semibluff; 12-09-11, 16:05.
                            GAA News Website

Comment

Think Sligo, UCD and Derry will all win but potential for mad conditions it is a night off for me.

Pats vs Rovers

1-1 Correct score for an interest.

5/1

Comment

pretty sick - the 1-0 was worth a lot to me in the shams game
                                Then the 4th goal in derry didnt help either

Lol bray. next time you dont want to play the second half of a season, give the rest of us a heads up please

wp galway. seemed unlucky in both goals conceded

also got on bohs a little late with ddalk team news.

Conor mc Cormack is a super player also!
                                GAA News Website

Comment

They were very lucky near the end there.

Defo penalty for me.

Rovers poor enough I thought. Couldn't say who'll win it but Sligo looking like they are hitting top gear now.

Would be the best thing to happen to the league in years if they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post

Rovers poor enough I thought. Couldn't say who'll win it but Sligo looking like they are hitting top gear now.

Would be the best thing to happen to the league in years if they do it.
                                    Still Shams to lose,
                                    their run-in is a bit on the piss easy side

In no particular order:
                                    Bray home&away (have given notice on the season)
                                    Galway
                                    Drogs
                                    UCD away
                                    BOHS
                                    DERRY

Comment

also got on bohs a little late with ddalk team news.
                                      Yea, followed you on that when I saw the lineups. We walked all over them, should have been 3 up at half time. Goal of the season contender from O'Brien as well.

Comment

will oppose derry in the final and hope late fitness tests go my way
                                        think harps and shels will win but no bet for me on either

for those watching the game and want a bet, cork to win 1-0 and cummins to score should give you massive odds bet for a bit of fun
                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Shams were great tonight

Ricer was savage

from a betting point of view, pity they haven't got a harder game this weekend than Drogs as the legs should be "very tired" after that

Comment

Just got a call telling me to back UCD. 3/1 with Hills at home against a depleted Dundalk side. No idea if it's credible or not but I'll give it a gallop!

Comment

Cherrie on the bench for Dundalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                                Just got a call telling me to back UCD. 3/1 with Hills at home against a depleted Dundalk side. No idea if it's credible or not but I'll give it a gallop!
                                                Thanks for that, nice few bob :-)
                                                sigpic

Comment

Like this one in the Sligo banker.

Matthew Blinkhorn anytime scorer vs Galway tonight @ EVS

Comment

Sligo win 7-1 with a hat-trick from Blinkhorn.

Comment

on shels at 11/10, think it should be odds on. 18x
                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

on shels at 11/10, think it should be odds on. 18x
                                                        Am on aswell. Backing UCD for the second time this weekend as well, on form 6/1 is massive at home.

Comment

Have a few quid on UCD @ 5's and +1 @ 6/4.

Very generous odds considering last 2 results. No North or Kavanagh for Pats either. Without them they are ordinary.

Shels to win also at odds against is a great price.

Comment

yeh dint no North and Kavanagh were missing
                                                            bradley on the bench also. Weird

Could be a game for the unders, and not often id say that about a UCD fixture!
                                                            GAA News Website

Comment

Game on!!!!!!!!!!!

Shels and Rovers not handling this favs tag too well.

Comment

Rovers did their best to throw it away last year
                                                                Shels have shown lack of bottle the last few years

going to get very interesting now!
                                                                Europe is a brill thing for Rovers, but definitively a distraction for winning the league. Stretches there squad to the maximum, and as good as their bench is, Finn/Twigg/mc cormack are too important for Rovers to be rested
                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

My brother has a big wager on City at 11/2 for the league from the start of the season.

At the Monaghan game he was canvassing for a car load to head to Waaaterford for their match against Shels on Saturday night. He was quickly reminded that City were playing against Salhill that night as well.

If ever there was a "talking through your pocket" moment !!

If Shels win on Friday I think the league is theirs, if not then I would fancy a City league triumph in Tolka on the 29th October in front of a massive travelling support.

Rovers looked very poor earlier. It was 11 vs 10 and you couldn't say there was sustained pressure on the Bohs goal or anything.

Bohs lost midfield but made up for it with a brilliant defensive display. Ollie Cahill, Aidan Price and Ger o'Brien are all former Rovers players but they was no room for sentiment. All did their jobs to their utmost.

Comment

Liam Burns was MOTM for me,

Felix HEaly gave it to the Rovers left back..Jim PAtterson ????

What a langer!

Comment

I'd give my left ball for 2nd right now!

Comment

Dundalk down to the bear bones against a full strength Derry side.

Like look of a Derry win

2-0@ 13/2

3-0@ 10's

Sligo at odds against could be value if Pats field the same side that lost to UCD on Monday.

Will wait for line-ups before I make a decision.

Monaghan look plenty short enough tomorrow. If Brennen Bros. are out then they could be vulnerable.
                                                                        Last edited by applehunter; 08-10-11, 11:16.

Comment

ucd getting a result would of bn very sweet today. Unfort not to be!

Both leagues wide open now! Opposing mons and big handicap tomro lets hope they miss the brennans as expected

Can bray cause an upset?
                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Anyone want Shels for the FAI Cup at 5/1?

Alternatively can someone help me with the maths for a bit of dutching please.

Have €25 on Shels at 50/1, best way of levelling off for pure profit not leaving any freeroll on Shels etc?
                                                                            Last edited by bohsman; 09-10-11, 21:17.

Comment

Shels to win the FAI Cup is worth a small bet. Our squad would comfortably finish midtable in the premier division and our manager has a great cup record. 50s is well worth a couple of € E/W. Should be 28s or 33s at most.

Shelbourne @ 50/1
                                                                              Oh yes! Thinking about this is curing this morning's hangover!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                Anyone want Shels for the FAI Cup at 5/1?

Alternatively can someone help me with the maths for a bit of dutching please.

Have €25 on Shels at 50/1, best way of levelling off for pure profit not leaving any freeroll on Shels etc?
                                                                                If you have 25 at 50s u should back sligo at 4/11 o/r on b365 for about 900 or so, shud give u about 300 quid profit either way

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol Peter View Post
                                                                                  If you have 25 at 50s u should back sligo at 4/11 o/r on b365 for about 900 or so, shud give u about 300 quid profit either way
                                                                                  Unfortunately I miscalculated and have left myself in a bit of a hole.

I put 500 on Pats to qualify at 3/10 thinking I could just do the same with Sligo if Shels won forgetting that that wouldn't recover the 500 I put on Pats. I did manage to get 155 on Sligo at 8/13 before the replay so am fairly confused about where to go from here. Lumping on Sligo to breakevenish if Shels win seems to be the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                                                                    Unfortunately I miscalculated and have left myself in a bit of a hole.

I put 500 on Pats to qualify at 3/10 thinking I could just do the same with Sligo if Shels won forgetting that that wouldn't recover the 500 I put on Pats. I did manage to get 155 on Sligo at 8/13 before the replay so am fairly confused about where to go from here. Lumping on Sligo to breakevenish if Shels win seems to be the plan.
                                                                                    Basically you are now in a -ev spot as u cant trade out for a profit. Looks like u are technically on shels at 11-8 outright so u can only trade out for a small lose so yes unfortunately u are in a hole

Comment

I think I have 595 to play with, first deposit bonuses and lump job between Sligo over 90 mins and to win the cup might be the way to go.

Comment

Derry City away to St. pats on Friday @ 6/4 - that price won't be lasting!

Comment

so hard to pick any bets at this time of the year - motivation such an issue!
                                                                                          Derry are the only one i like, and thats presuming pats reshuffle a lot

will bohs try? out of any team with nothing to play for theyd be the team id most imagine to "not want to lose" just because of the attitude of the gaffa and players!
                                                                                          GAA News Website

Comment

Longford are in for a tough night at the Cross tonight.

City will come out of the traps quick and go for that early goal. Have a few quid on the following weighted 1-2-3

1. 3-0 11/2

2. 4-0 9/1

3. 5-0 16/1

Everyone will be refreshing their livescore.com's for the game in Monaghan. Monaghan missing Brennan Bros. again. Limerick can get a win up there.
                                                                                            Last edited by applehunter; 21-10-11, 15:49.

Comment

Night couldn't have gone much better for City.

Guaranteed top 3 finish.

Win in Tolka and we will go up as Champions.

Daryl Horgan

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                                                                                                Longford are in for a tough night at the Cross tonight.

City will come out of the traps quick and go for that early goal. Have a few quid on the following weighted 1-2-3

1. 3-0 11/2

2. 4-0 9/1

3. 5-0 16/1

Everyone will be refreshing their livescore.com's for the game in Monaghan. Monaghan missing Brennan Bros. again. Limerick can get a win up there.
                                                                                                Great win for Limerick 1 0 really opens up the league again.

If shels win tomorrow it puts them 2 points ahead of Limerick with Cork 3 ahead. Cork play Shels in their final game. If Lims win their last game than a draw (Lim finish level with Shels) or a Shels win (level with Cork)

What happens if their is a tie, is it goal difference, most goals, results between team or play off?

Comment

Goal difference I believe.

So if Shels win their next two matches, Salthill (A) and Finn Harps (H), they go up automatically regardless of the Cork end of season match which would become a freeroll for the basically meaningless title. In fact I believe a win and a draw (even assuming Cork win in Tolka) will effectively guarantee a top three finish bar a goal difference miracle, and I'd be shocked if whoever finishes third doesn't go up, even if they don't win the play off I'd be shocked if they didn't end up going up. So a great result for ourselves tonight too, even the reds would struggle, but may yet find a way, to throw away promotion now. Be very interesting to see what exactly happens from here on out.
                                                                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
                                                                                                    Goal difference I believe.

So if Shels win their next two matches, Salthill (A) and Finn Harps (H), they go up automatically regardless of the Cork end of season match which would become a freeroll for the basically meaningless title. In fact I believe a win and a draw (even assuming Cork win in Tolka) will effectively guarantee a top three finish bar a goal difference miracle, and I'd be shocked if whoever finishes third doesn't go up, even if they don't win the play off I'd be shocked if they didn't end up going up. So a great result for ourselves tonight too, even the reds would struggle, but may yet find a way, to throw away promotion now. Be very interesting to see what exactly happens from here on out.
                                                                                                    Fuck, thought Shels had only 1 game in hand . Come on Athlone , here is hoping the Mons choke.

Comment

Been a thoroughly enjoyable season thus far!

Loving the football Sligo played.

Loving how Derry are achieving so much with a young local team, and insist on keeping the ball down!

What Rovers have done in Europe and how they eventually knitted as a team has been amazing

To see UCD yet again overcome the odds and be competitive in games were they have been expected to be washed away is such a credit to their conveyor belt and Martin Russell

Drogheda finally regaining a little pride in themselves towards the mid point of the season

Less said about Galway the better! For the sake of the club hope we can join 1 if not both of the Galway teams, with the Galway United team name surviving

And the first division, Shels United like (lets dodge the united jokes ) ability to get wins for the first half of the season when their performance may not have merited it. The chasing pack closing in on them and never giving in and giving us such an enthralling end to the season.

Been a really epic season. Helps to punt on it, but i really think the Irish League should get more recognition from those of us who call ourselves football fans!

If anyones interested can do a longer write up after the season ends.

Rovers to win by 2 tonight (Kilduff to haunt his old team)
                                                                                                      GAA News Website

Comment

Been a while since I posted here. I fancy goals tonight due to how UCD play they always seem to get carved open and spanked by Shams.

Shamrock -2 and over 4.5 goals for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                                          Been a while since I posted here. I fancy goals tonight due to how UCD play they always seem to get carved open and spanked by Shams.

no knowledge of teams but torrential rain all day in dublin played a rugby match in ucd once on astro surface
                                                                                                          but surely and grass pitch will be water logged tonight no matter how good the drainage is

Comment

Refs currently having a pitch inspection. Hard to see this one going ahead, it's been pissing rain consistantly for the last few hours and there's no sign of let up.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                              no knowledge of teams but torrential rain all day in dublin played a rugby match in ucd once on astro surface
                                                                                                              but surely and grass pitch will be water logged tonight no matter how good the drainage is
                                                                                                              The pitch inspection is currently on going. Also with full house expected, and grass banks for spectators, this is also being taken into consideration.

Initially liked overs, until i Saw this torrential weather
                                                                                                              If the game goes ahead, ill be backing 1-0 and 2-0 rovers. with more on 2-0
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

The pitch inspection is currently on going. Also with full house expected, and grass banks for spectators, this is also being taken into consideration.

Initially liked overs, until i Saw this torrential weather
                                                                                                                If the game goes ahead, ill be backing 1-0 and 2-0 rovers. with more on 2-0
                                                                                                                From Rovers : Referee Neil Doyle has determined the pitch playable but will be conducting another inspection in 10 mins

MATCH OFF

scheduled for 7.05 tomorrow

Sunny spells tomorrow with a few scattered showers. Highs 9 to 11 Celsius with light to moderate breezes.
                                                                                                                forecast for tomorrow ^^

Bookies t&cs are that if played within 24 hours then bet rides (check individual bookie). If any bookies have shortened too much due to weather, backing the opposite is a good bet
                                                                                                                Last edited by Semibluff; 24-10-11, 16:44.
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

the games off

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Yeah turns out football is pretty brilliant alright
                                                                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Thoughts on PAOK Saloniki away to Ireland's Shame tonight? I felt the Greeks were quite poor in the first game but I got the impression they were never out of 2nd gear. They look likely to be missing a big player or 3 this evening also. However, a price of 10/11 for the away win can't be ignored can it?

Comment

Thoughts on PAOK Saloniki away to Ireland's Shame tonight? I felt the Greeks were quite poor in the first game but I got the impression they were never out of 2nd gear. They look likely to be missing a big player or 3 this evening also. However, a price of 10/11 for the away win can't be ignored can it?
                                                                                                                          They're on the drift, out to 21/20 with Hills. Might have a PAOK myself now.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X