Darts Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
    Beef getting in the spirit at the darts.
    Explain his sign held up " I am not shane" Cant work it out

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
      He got called Shane Lowry a few times
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Presume a few of the crowd may have thought he was Shane Lowry.

Comment

Ah he does dont he........

Comment

Great fun watching Lewis got rattled by Barney and fist pumping 140's. Could get interesting

Comment

Lewis looked rattled early. Seemed to be overheating dramatically compared to Barney.

Comment

BEEF......,,
                location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Liking Webster at 6/4 V Gurney

Comment

Gurney is some prize idiot all the same

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                      Gurney is some prize idiot all the same
                      Almost as bad as Huybrechts

Comment

Ridiculous game atm. Chizzy avg 107, 8 180s, and loosing 2-0.

Comment

Wow game on

Comment

Have to barney at 6-4 if he plays like he did against Lewis it should be enough, and as long as doesn't shit the pants against Taylor.

Comment

Looking good for Barney couldn't see either challenging for the title.

Comment

What a 123 checkout from Taylor! Come on the Power!

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  What a 123 checkout from Taylor! Come on the Power!
                                  Fuck him Tony the chav cunt, I have to admire him for holding it together when barney rolled back with the board in his hand though.

Comment

Originally posted by jack90210 View Post
                                    Looking good for Barney couldn't see either challenging for the title.
                                    Dead right couldn't see either beating MVG let alone winning it.

Comment

Anyone got a link to the 180 player count?

Comment

Anyone got a link to the 180 player count?
                                        Says 2016 but looks like it's this years event:

Comment

Does anyone know the last time if ever there wasn't an english man in last 4 of darts world championships ?

Comment

Originally posted by winkey66 View Post
                                            Does anyone know the last time if ever there wasn't an english man in last 4 of darts world championships ?
                                            Never happened before.

Comment

Barney and MVG playing on a different level here.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                Barney and MVG playing on a different level here.
                                                116 v 111 average. Stop the fucking lights.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                  116 v 111 average. Stop the fucking lights.
                                                  how do averages work? is it only when you throw 3 darts?

Comment

MVG is not human.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                      not sure to be honest. think they use the number of darts in the leg and then multiply by 3. Normally though it would be around 100 or just higher. This is sensational stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                        not sure to be honest. think they use the number of darts in the leg and then multiply by 3. Normally though it would be around 100 or just higher. This is sensational stuff.
                                                        It does what it says on the tin. If you throw 180 in 3 darts and then miss 3 for a double in the next throw, your average is 90 etc

Sensational stuff tonight. It's mind boggling how good that was.

Comment

It does what it says on the tin. If you throw 180 in 3 darts and then miss 3 for a double in the next throw, your average is 90 etc

Sensational stuff tonight. It's mind boggling how good that was.

Can you post the same pic for the previous game for comparison please?

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                            Can you post the same pic for the previous game for comparison please?

Comment

You may be the man to answer a question that has bugged me, indeed kept me awake.

If you bust a score how does it count on the averages?

e.g., need 68, throw T20, D18 (slipped in from D4 obviously).

So for average purposes is it
                                                              96 from 2 darts, or indeed 3 darts.
                                                              Or perhaps 60 from one or two darts because the T20 was good.
                                                              Or if its zero is it considered 2 or 3 darts thrown.

Comment

It's zero scored over 3 darts. They might get technical with their first, second and third dart averages but I doubt it. You've scored nothing if you bust.

That's not official but I seriously doubt it's done another way.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                  You may be the man to answer a question that has bugged me, indeed kept me awake.

If you bust a score how does it count on the averages?

e.g., need 68, throw T20, D18 (slipped in from D4 obviously).

So for average purposes is it
                                                                  96 from 2 darts, or indeed 3 darts.
                                                                  Or perhaps 60 from one or two darts because the T20 was good.
                                                                  Or if its zero is it considered 2 or 3 darts thrown.
                                                                  I might not be entirely accurate, but as far as i know, a bust is counted as 3 darts.

e.g. if you throw 9 darts and leave 68 in your example, and bust it on the 2nd dart, then your next step to the oche is your 13th dart. Similar if you leave 24 after 9 darts, and on your 10th you bust it, then it's counted as 3 cards for the averages. If you hit the double though, it's counted as 11 or 10 darts.

Comment

Sicker than those averages was MVG soft playing out of a misguided sence of respect by not attempting bull for a 170 checkout. Fcuked up a lot of combo bets and will there be a 170 market I'd say seeing barney already had a 160. Messed with the integrity of the game imo.
                                                                    A lot of people won't have a problem with it though.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Sicker than those averages was MVG soft playing out of a misguided sence of respect by not attempting bull for a 170 checkout. Fcuked up a lot of combo bets and will there be a 170 market I'd say seeing barney already had a 160. Messed with the integrity of the game imo.
                                                                      You have that the complete opposite way around! It would have been more disrespectful to go for the bull when Barney wasn't on a finish! MVG went exactly the way he should have.

Comment

No idea whos gonna win tonight. If MVG plays like he did last night then I cant see him losing but thats a big if. I would like to see him win as he is the best ever player atm.

Actually might not even place a bet as I want to enjoy it without bias but tempted to punt on over 34.5 180's at 11/10 for a fun interest bet., Been 666 so far

Highest checkout of over 148.5 at 5/6 could also attract a bet

Maybe make it a treble with over 10.5 sets at 4/6

Comment

I like all your bets. Not sure you'll be able to place a treble though. I think Anderson is serious value in a few markets tonight. He's almost 3/1 to win and he's 6/4 most 180s. He's hit 49 to MVGS 48 so far and as good as Anderson has played, I actually think he has another gear left in him.

Going to see what else I can find once I get home but I'll be rooting for Anderson tonight.

Comment

Just gonna do the over 34.5 180s myself.

Comment

I like all your bets. Not sure you'll be able to place a treble though. I think Anderson is serious value in a few markets tonight. He's almost 3/1 to win and he's 6/4 most 180s. He's hit 49 to MVGS 48 so far and as good as Anderson has played, I actually think he has another gear left in him.

Going to see what else I can find once I get home but I'll be rooting for Anderson tonight.
                                                                              Agree fully. He is a full point bigger than I would have him and the 180s is a flip.

Comment

i've gone for MVG win but anderson to have highest checkout and 180s at 12/1

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                  Just gonna do the over 34.5 180s myself.
                                                                                  I'm a little put off by this because i backed Anderson most tournament 180s at 6.50 so i want to be fucking for MVG to miss and not to bink

Went with Anderson 11/4, Anderson Win/Most 180s/High CO at 12/1 and Anderson 7-4 at 14/1.

Then had a couple of silly bets. Both players to score a 170 CO at 50/1, a 180 to be hit in each of the first 3 legs at 4/1, and a 9 darter at 6/1.

Let's hope it's a good match anyway! gl to all punters!

Comment

Really looking forward to the final now - last night was an absolute cracker and both players are at the top of their game.
                                                                                    I have been backing the over on match sets over the last few days and done well thankfully. I am continuing with that and having a big bet on over 10.5 sets at 4/5. I do think MVG will win but I can't see Anderson not getting to the 4 set mark which makes the bet a winner.

Good luck all having a punt - let's hope it is an absolute cracker as expected!

Comment

You have that the complete opposite way around! It would have been more disrespectful to go for the bull when Barney wasn't on a finish! MVG went exactly the way he should have.
                                                                                      Technically it may have been the right way to go for a bean counter but thats not his style and he done it for the wrong reasons. I know Barney wasnt on a checkout and thats a fair point but Barney was beat and MVG is an in your face salt in wounds merchant and he went against his character by not going for it.
                                                                                      If that was against Taylor/Lewis/Anderson/Wright/Huybrechts on the same scoreboard wild horses couldn't stop him for going for it imo. That's the point i was trying to make. He done it for the wrong reasons.

Anyway MVG a model for 180's imo.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                        Wrong. Barney wasn't on a finish he laid up a double tops instead of making it way more difficult for himself if he missed.

Comment

Was the score not 3-2 at that stage? That's what i thought from memory. We'll agree to disagree though because i defo don't think he messed with the integrity of the game or soft played in anyway. I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence

As long as they both get one tonight, i don't care

Comment

LETS PLAY DARTS

Comment

a 180 to be hit in each of the first 3 legs at 4/1
                                                                                              Almost free-rolling already

Comment

Was the score not 3-2 at that stage? That's what i thought from memory. We'll agree to disagree though because i defo don't think he messed with the integrity of the game or soft played in anyway. I'm on the complete opposite side of the fence

As long as they both get one tonight, i don't care
                                                                                                Yeah 3-2 but about to go 4-2, thats usually game over v MVG despite Barneys zombie averages.
                                                                                                Ah yeah on a poll of dart people youd win this argument but the commentators went stone silent and Mardle stopped himself saying something he shouldnt(because he knew hed be technically wrong!).
                                                                                                I hope to fcuk Anderson wins the 180's market because Sheff Wed let me down on a 6 timer for nearly €700 if MVG being the last leg wins the 180s
                                                                                                When something you would have running for you is no more its even more of a model in my book!

Comment

Great start there, hopefully that type of standard will keep up, and with these 2 it very well could.

Comment

It always amazes me how often you see a player follow a bad turn with a bad one of their own. Seems to happen all the time.

Comment

7-5 to either is free money.

Comment

Class.

Comment

This is where MVG usually kicks on another gear

Comment

Theres always the BDO coming soon if this one doesn't live up to expectation. John Boy Walton, Larry Butler etc.

Comment

Anderson missing too many trebles. Was hoping for an absolute classic. Still time.

Comment

Unreal darts

Comment

On a different planet the last few sets.

Comment

This is where MVG usually kicks on another gear
                                                                                                                    This is where MVG has a bad set or two

Comment

This is where MVG has a bad set or two
                                                                                                                      Bad for him. Probably only averaged about 106 in that set.

Comment

Looney alert
                                                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Standard of darts this year was phenomenal. Those averages over long matches defy believe and MVG fully deserved it. 26 tournaments in a year. A tournament every 2 weeks. Crazy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X