Darts Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Bookies knew something about Harms that i didn't!
    Not watching, what happened

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
      Not watching, what happened
      Didn't watch either, just saw he lost 3-1

Comment

Played like a champ in the first set then fell off a cliff. Jeff Smith rolled off 7 or 8 legs in a row without any 'Harm' coming to him. Didnt look crooked to me though Smith really turned it on aswell.
        The count raised an eyebrow afterwards.

Comment

OMFG have you ever seen anything like that??
          Originally posted by White Knight View Post
          I actually missed the final and was offline for days. HOLY FUCKING FUCK!! That is nuts!!! Also lol at thedrunkenone talking about the bdo dartboard being better and that happening haha. Happy for Anderson, wanted to win vs taylor too which was good
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Was just saying the same on Twitter, seems like a horrible bastard
            He just got Dazzled.

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
            I actually missed the final and was offline for days. HOLY FUCKING FUCK!! That is nuts!!! Also lol at thedrunkenone talking about the bdo dartboard being better and that happening haha. Happy for Anderson, wanted to win vs taylor too which was good
            Hmmm, that was the PDC board, and it supports his point.

Comment

Sajwani was fun and a joy to watch in 1st round but being a bit of a twat in this match

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                Sajwani was fun and a joy to watch in 1st round but being a bit of a twat in this match
                Hard lo make him out, not sure he realizes he's being a twat. Definitely getting under greens skin all the same.
                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Green taking 1st 2 sets and mocking his celebrations has slapped him back into his box. Not acting the bollox now

Comment

Hmmm, that was the PDC board, and it supports his point.
                    I was actually trying to say this but the tiredness came it out wrong I guess. Was just saying that he said it and then bam, instantly proven right. My bad. 5am posts sometimes come out wrong
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

This Dutch 16 year old kid hitting 180s, checking out 156 and 130s, taking out 85 on the bull, having an 9/18 checkout stat and winning 9 legs in a row to become World Youth Champion. Great stuff!

Comment

This Dutch 16 year old kid hitting 180s, checking out 156 and 130s, taking out 85 on the bull, having an 9/18 checkout stat and winning 9 legs in a row to become World Youth Champion. Great stuff!
                        I'd imagine Barry hearne is already on the phone to his parents!!
                        His finishing is unreal! Feel sorry for the English kid,can't buy a double

Comment

The bdo must really be feeling the pressure tho.
                          The standard seems to dropping every year, & where players used use it as a stepping stone to bigger things the pdc youth system is getting the top players from day 1!

Comment

It's like you have to have a low IQ to play BDO, all of them have retard ways of taking out finishes.

Robson just there had 78 and goes treble 14 double 18, where 14 leaves 64 and only a shot at the bull, anyone with a brain goes treble 18 double 12 where 18 means 20 tops. It's soooooo -EV and probably half the problem with them

Comment

Some bottle job there

Comment

It's like you have to have a low IQ to play BDO, all of them have retard ways of taking out finishes.

Robson just there had 78 and goes treble 14 double 18, where 14 leaves 64 and only a shot at the bull, anyone with a brain goes treble 18 double 12 where 18 means 20 tops. It's soooooo -EV and probably half the problem with them
                                What did you think of the trend during the PDC of going double double with three darts in hand at the likes of 80 or 76?

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                  What did you think of the trend during the PDC of going double double with three darts in hand at the likes of 80 or 76?
                                  Sure it's a load of bollocks aswell and I'd take it as disrespectful tbh. It's showboating in the PDC, and retardation counting in the BDO

Comment

It's like they've never evolved from 20-30 years where very few players took a bull route into consideration. It's like dinosaur darts.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                    I don't mind it on 80, but hate it on 76.

On 80, it's obviously a bigger target, and you're giving yourself your own marker. Even if you go outside, the odds are you've a marker to come back inside and still get a shot at double tops. If you go the treble route (bar T20), it comes down to a shot at the bull on a vast majority of occasions, and on your follow up throw you're also losing a dart having to split the 25 which will be left a large % of time from the previous throw.

The risk/reward isn't there for 76 because a straight up shot at T20 leaves a single 16, tops route and must be so much better +EV than going double double. Think it's only Wright/Lewis that i've seen do it, and it doesn't surprise me with those pair because it's basically showboating and nothing else.

Comment

Hang on a second....

Womens darts and your one is left with 160. She goes 20, 20 and then....18.

Ok, D20 hasn't been working for her, so 102 is ok, because it's T20 (single 20) leaving 82 and then going bull, maybe T18, but she goes for T14 to leave D20. Madness!

Comment

Lol,paddypower could open a new book on most roundabout finish!!
                                        Tony green seems to be losing the plot and bit too, sometimes it feels like he's not even watching the game!
                                        Heard his co commentator congratulate Gary Anderson on Monday n green asks "did he win,was trying to find the result somewhere alright "

Comment

Hang on a second....

Womens darts and your one is left with 160. She goes 20, 20 and then....18.

Ok, D20 hasn't been working for her, so 102 is ok, because it's T20 (single 20) leaving 82 and then going bull, maybe T18, but she goes for T14 to leave D20. Madness!
                                          There should be another name for this like Hurling/Camogie. It's not darts as we know it

Comment

That cabbage Alan Norris seems to take some pride in going for stupid finishes, I heard him talk about in an interview, 'it's just the way I like to play' he says like there is something to be proud of being a idiot

Comment

Time to put trina gulliver out to pasture,didn't see the game but see she only managed a 56.58 average tonight going out 2-0.
                                              Who's this Glen durrant dude,putting in some decent averages??

Comment

That cabbage Alan Norris seems to take some pride in going for stupid finishes, I heard him talk about in an interview, 'it's just the way I like to play' he says like there is something to be proud of being a idiot
                                                Think I remember him saying the bull is his favourite double, and having go's at it last year with 3 darts in hand with 50 to do

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                  Time to put trina gulliver out to pasture,didn't see the game but see she only managed a 56.58 average tonight going out 2-0.
                                                  Who's this Glen durrant dude,putting in some decent averages??
                                                  She drifted right out to 22/1 after her first round match. Didn't see any darts tonight, but Lisa Aston looked good in her first round. Think she took out 156 plus another ton plus finish and the biggest threat to my pre tournie pick. Got a little on Fallon Sherrock at 10/1 before she played tonight, because De Graf was way out of sorts in her first round game. Sherrock played well in parts, but won't win it.

Looking forward to seeing how Montgomery played against Waites later. He was 50/1 to win the tournament before the game which i thought was a crazy price, and seemed to put on a decent show seeing as Waites averaged 94.

Comment

She drifted right out to 22/1 after her first round match. Didn't see any darts tonight, but Lisa Aston looked good in her first round. Think she took out 156 plus another ton plus finish and the biggest threat to my pre tournie pick. Got a little on Fallon Sherrock at 10/1 before she played tonight, because De Graf was way out of sorts in her first round game. Sherrock played well in parts, but won't win it.

Looking forward to seeing how Montgomery played against Waites later. He was 50/1 to win the tournament before the game which i thought was a crazy price, and seemed to put on a decent show seeing as Waites averaged 94.
                                                    Yeah, Ashton looks rock steady, averaged over 90 tonight.
                                                    Just saw the Montgomery result,if he's got that horrible wart removed off his throwing arm is could almost root for him for the title!!!

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                      Yeah, Ashton looks rock steady, averaged over 90 tonight.
                                                      Just saw the Montgomery result,if he's got that horrible wart removed off his throwing arm is could almost root for him for the title!!!
                                                      It's on BBC2 now, and he's minus the wart!

Comment

Lol,I'm recording it but did flick it on just to check!
                                                        In fairness, he musta been watching reruns of his games,maybe down the pub asking 'lads,what do ye think, is it that noticeable?! '..... Que awkward silence until everyone gets a few beers in them n tell him 'it's f*#king brutal '

Comment

It's Scott 'Dog' Mitchell against Brian 'Doggy' Dawson in the darts. Those nicknames are the things dreams are made of. Shoot me now..

Comment

And the referee's nickname is 'The Pup'. You couldn't make it up!

Comment

Some top class finishing by Mitchell tbf. 5 or 6 121+ finishes, 4 shots on the bull all hit and pretty impressive double stats. His scoring was a little sloppy midway through the game so hopefully he can pick up the pace. Him or Montgomery for me. No-one else will do!

Comment

Montgomery for me.!
                                                                ...He looks like a cross between Mike Matasow and Eddie Hobbs...Seems a decent guy though...

Comment

...Holy shite some amount of 180's from Adams...

Comment

Lol just noticed Jamie Hughes Is throwing Phil Taylor replica darts from 15 years ago, £5.99 I think they were from Argos, have 3/4 sets of them lying around

Comment

On durrant 5-0@14/1 and 5-1

Comment

"14 dart leg from Anastasia, you don't get better than that" Tony Green.

Comment

I give up!! Wtf was Sherrock going for on match point with 32 to do???? Straight into the 6!!!how can you not know what you're on at that stage of the match....
                                                                          It definitely wasn't a slip, coz she's looking at that side of the board. Not doing much to help blonde steoro types everywhere

Comment

bought Mitchell @ 6.5 (10pts for win and 3 pts for each set won by)

leading 5-0 ( best of 11)

max return is 28 and offering 23.5 atm

Do I hold on for max or take the 17x return

The break can do strange things and am thinking cut and run

Smith has darts after break btw

Edit. Letting it roll. Cant see smith winning 2 sets maybe 1 set and that will be 25 return ......nervous smile
                                                                            Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 10-01-15, 15:43.

Comment

bought Mitchell @ 6.5 (10pts for win and 3 pts for each set won by)

leading 5-0 ( best of 11)

max return is 28 and offering 23.5 atm

Do I hold on for max or take the 17x return

The break can do strange things and am thinking cut and run

Smith has darts after break btw
                                                                              Mitchell playing pretty well and don't see him letting up tbh. I wouldn't say no to a 17x return at the start of the game though so whatever you think!

I've Mitchell backed at 16/1, and have a little on Durrant at 6/1 to cover loses, so just took a chunk of Adams at 9/4 so i can put my feet up and relax either way!

Comment

durant game is Adams/Durant 0-3

sold at zero as I think Durant ifhe keeps up scoring and doubles should win by a couple sets

Freerolling after 1st game anyhow and as you will just enjoy it

Comment

This Ashton one is a beast for a bird. Reckon she will hammer Kieran Fallon in the final

Comment

This Ashton one is a beast for a bird. Reckon she will hammer Kieran Fallon in the final
                                                                                    100% agree

I haven't decided on 3-0 at 11/4 or lumpage on -1.5 @ 4/5 yet.

edit - Have Sherrock at 10/1 so went with 3-0 Ashton, so i'll be cheering who wins the first set

Also took Sherrock most 180s at 6/4 seeing as she's been a bit of a machine on the them hitting 5 against Dobro in the last game, and 2 the game before and Ashton has only hit 1 in her last 2 matches.
                                                                                    Last edited by Flushdraw; 10-01-15, 16:22.

Comment

That BDO guy really is just terrible at his job.

He says to Ashton 'To win one is special, but to do it again the following year, that's very rare'

Yeah, it's really rare.

Trina Gulliver won it in 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2010, 2011
                                                                                      Dobromyslova won it in 2012, 2013

Do your homework ffs!

Comment

So its only been done by 2 women before then.......................

Comment

Oh fk off winning that set. Well fully behind her now, and to extend the 180s lead and i'm still happy.

WTF at that last leg before that though.

Ashton needs 64, and hits 16, then 7.

Asks the ref how much is left and he says '41'

She then goes and hits 10 to leave 31.

I have no idea at all what she was up to, with 6 and 15 the other side of 10.

Edit - sigh 180, come on Fallon!

Comment

Kieran Fallon falls at the last hurdle

Comment

superb match, PDC quality !

Comment

superb match, PDC quality !
                                                                                                Only caught it from 4-4 and 2-2 in legs, but at that stage there were 23 x 180s and Adams was averaging 97 and Durrant 101. That was superb stuff. Lots of tension in the throws towards the end and some straight darts, but some of the checkouts under pressure were top notch. I'll watch it again tonight on Darts Extra.

Adams also hit the wire for a 9 darter and went on to lose the leg which i missed!

Comment

Oh I cashed out early when Durant was 5-4 up in sets as I didnt like the emotion he was showing and thgt he was going to crack. Happy for me, sad for him

Comment

Mitchell is a bigger winner for me than Adams, so cheering him on.

Only other bet is Adams +9.5 x 180s at 5/6

Comment

Tony Green not trying to hide his favouritism for Adams in anyway. Really unprofessional imo

Comment

Tony Green not trying to hide his favouritism for Adams in anyway. Really unprofessional imo
                                                                                                        He's dreadful, there isn't a commentator in any sport I hate more. He was a fkkin tool on bullseye years ago! Hopefully he wont be back after the break.

Comment

bye bye scotty.

Huge miss.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                            bye bye scotty.

Huge miss.
                                                                                                            Huge miss alright, and no better man that Adams to pounce.

Comment

bye bye scotty.

Huge miss.
                                                                                                              Huge miss alright, and no better man that Adams to pounce.
                                                                                                              LOL. Maybe Not !!!

Also, those Chelsea pensioners are getting younger every year. Reckon they are just buying those jackets in Oxfam.

Comment

bye bye scotty.

Huge miss.
                                                                                                                again?

Comment

again?
                                                                                                                  unreal stuff.

I don't care if they are the poor relations of the Sky boys, they never fail to deliver in the final. Brilliant match.

Comment

What a farce, a person who's nickname is 'Dog' is a world champion. What an absolute load of bollocks

Comment

unreal stuff.

I don't care if they are the poor relations of the Sky boys, they never fail to deliver in the final. Brilliant match.
                                                                                                                      I really enjoyed that. The tension and missed darts adds to the game. Even if every leg wasn't 12 darts, it was still very enjoyable stuff

Comment

Word is Adams is moving to the PDC after losing to that pudding.
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                                                                                                          Word is Adams is moving to the PDC after losing to that pudding.
                                                                                                                          He is a bit old but will make a few bucks before he retires but needs to upgrade his interview techniques.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X