No announcement yet.

Darts Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think king on lasatnights performance would have to lift his game big time to beat lewis and I am not sure if he will when lewis is battering him.I backed MVG from the start and it was a toss up between him and lewis at their prices because taylor unbackable at 10/11.On performance so far and because hes won it before lewis should be favourite and MVG has to lift his game if they meet in the semis which I think they will.MVG will beat Anderson especially if Anderson is his usual flaky self on doubles.
    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Lewis is the new favourite on the machine

Comment

Yeah 7-4 pp and 2-1 mvg

Comment

Pipe being so slow is the big danger for Lewis. Bet he hopes Wade gets through.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolves View Post
            Pipe being so slow is the big danger for Lewis. Bet he hopes Wade gets through.
            Agreed it's the biggest danger before the semi.

Hope Wade wins as well.
            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Is whitlock playing anywhere near good enough to challenge for it?

Comment

Back to the Darts after a few days break. Harder to find good value in the later rounds so not going to batter too many bets from here on in.

First bet today is a Burnett/Thornton Most 180s double at just under 7/2 with BetVictor

Thornton is a very consistant 180 hitter and takes on Newton who can be hit or miss. Both players have had it easy enough in the opening 2 rounds and neither has had to up their game too much. I think Thornton has an extra gear if needed, and can hit the bigger scores if needed.

So far, Thornton has hit 11 x 180s in 30 legs and Newton has 9 in 33 legs. BetVictor's Evs on most 180s for Thornton is very generous imo.

Burnett is 6/5 for most 180s v White. Burnett has been hitting the T20 bed more frequently than White in this Championships. He's top of the pile with 15 x 180s in just 39 legs so averaging a 180 every 2.6 legs. White is averaging a 180 every 4.1 legs after his 11 from 45 legs.

Overall, 7/2 on a double here is decent value and will give us a good sweat.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Think Peterson might be a decent shout for highest checkout @ 7/4 versus Pipe.

Pipe played 12 legs in the first round and only managed a high checkout of 61. In the match he played before that, he didn't better 66 in 14 legs versus Taylor. Peterson managed a 141 checkout in the first round versus Beaton and because Pipe isn't a huge scorer, Peterson will get a lot of chances at 3 figure checkouts. Pipe's highest finish in 28 sets played in the World Championships is only 121 so i wouldn't be expecting anything groundbreaking from him.

Barney -2.5 versus Webster @ 6/5 with Boyles is a must. It's not a stretch to see Barney winning this 4-0, but can't see it going any further than 4-1

Interesting looking at the form in the King v Lewis game. King has won the last 9 meetings and has not lost to Lewis in over 4 years. He's also won 16 of the 20 games they've played. History will be in the back of Lewis' mind if King starts to rattle off some legs. Lewis is in good form this season, and is rightly the big favourite in this game. King will need to take out some big finishes if he's to stay with Lewis, so taking King over 117.5 highest checkout @ 5/6 with Coral and a little of King highest checkout @ 13/8 with Boyles. Also hoping they both rattle the lipstick so over 13.5 180s @ Evs with SkyBet

Comment

That barney bet looks a cracker alright Tony.

Comment

Aboy Devon.

Felt sorry for Pipe with the crowd being cunts though

Comment

Demoliton by Newton. Delighted to see the back of Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                        Sigh, fuck you Thornton. Glad to see the back of him too, shame i had a decent bet on him to hit some 180s the poxbottle

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                          I actually half fancied Newton for outright, 40/1 yesterday and not a bob on him

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                            I actually half fancied Newton for outright, 40/1 yesterday and not a bob on him
                            I wouldnt worry too much, Newton is is a supreme bottler when the heat comes on in the later stages.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                              I wouldnt worry too much, Newton is is a supreme bottler when the heat comes on in the later stages.
                              The difference this year, is that he plays Smith/Wright next and then the winner of Burnett/White/Whitlock/Painter. He won't ever get a better chance to make it to a World final if he lives to be 100

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                The difference this year, is that he plays Smith/Wright next and then the winner of Burnett/White/Whitlock/Painter. He won't ever get a better chance to make it to a World final if he lives to be 100
                                True that.

Comment

Sums up my thinking, doesn't matter a fuk now anyway as I don't have a bob on him. 14/1 now by pp, probably will be a bigger price by the end of tonight's games but couldn't back him after missing 40/1
                                  Last edited by TheImprover; 27-12-13, 16:24.

Comment

Probably speaking too soon to say delighted for White. Did you see that sense of entitlement on Burnetts face when White levelled up 3-3 and ever since then. Galling.

Comment

Emptyed the saddle bag on barney -2.5sets tonight.Small double on painter and Smith. Fuck those two bottling cunts Thornton And Burnett today.

Comment

Fancy Webster tonight

Comment

It takes a brave man to do Barney minus anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                            Fancy Webster tonight
                                            Why? he has been pure shite so far shouldn't even be in the tournament at this stage

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
                                              Emptyed the saddle bag on barney -2.5sets tonight.Small double on painter and Smith. Fuck those two bottling cunts Thornton And Burnett today.
                                              I think both Wright and Whitlock will win 4-1. Happy enough with the Barney -2.5 so with you on that one alright!

Webster is the outsider @ 8/1 to score the most 180s from tonight's 3 games. That's worth a sneaky tenner for me

Comment

Also backed painter at 15/8 single.

Comment

Why? he has been pure shite so far shouldn't even be in the tournament at this stage
                                                  Looked to be finding a bit of form to me last time, nothing to lose today. Price is too big.

Also done Painter to win, and Painter highest checkout

Comment

Looked to be finding a bit of form to me last time, nothing to lose today. Price is too big.

Also done Painter to win, and Painter highest checkout
                                                    This could be your only saviour, but it's about 3/1 at the moment because it's only a matter of time before Whitlock takes out 130+ imo

Comment

Ul to the backers but I can't stand him, glad to see Painter get the brush

Comment

This could be your only saviour, but it's about 3/1 at the moment because it's only a matter of time before Whitlock takes out 130+ imo
                                                        Dodged a lot of Whitlock doubles there to ship this lol

Comment

Dodged a lot of Whitlock doubles there to ship this lol
                                                          Whitlock not checking out higher than 80 there was a shocker! Helluva hold, wp!

Comment

Doing an unders on the 180s here, 10.5 is the line

Comment

What a game of arrows here. Top class stuff

Comment

BetVictor going 25/1 on Wright at the moment. SkyBet as low as 10/1

Comment

Some leg that

Comment

Doing an unders on the 180s here, 10.5 is the line
                                                                    Excellent

Comment

Unreal from Smith

Comment

What a game of arrows here. Top class stuff
                                                                        Best match by far so far

Comment

knocks out 2 T20's sick.

Of course with such a fantastic game on the discerning Ally Pally crowd are facing away from the stage singing about the Toure brothers

Comment

Smith is an animal for the 180's tonight.

Comment

After seeing that performance by Wright, Newton has no chance

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                Smith is an animal for the 180's tonight.
                                                                                My bet on Webster @ 8/1 is in serious danger. Smith was 6/1 and i almost took that instead, boo urns!

Comment

After seeing that performance by Wright, Newton has no chance
                                                                                  So glad he's playing Newton and not Thornton. Even though i backed the fucker big, Taylor losing is the best thing to happen to this World Championships by a mile. Wright/Newton and White/Whitlock will all fancy their chances and there will be some good games. White and Wright throw so natural and hit really well. Looking forward to every game that's left in this. Great stuff

Comment

MVG is a scandalous price considering who he has to beat

Comment

MVG and Lewis both 15/8 now with powers.

Comment

how low did Smith go in winning the tournament odds during that match does anyone know?
                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

You can get 9/4 MVG now in a couple of places

Comment

On Barney 4-0 and a 9 darter would help..tentative on Barney over 6.5.

Comment

So glad he's playing Newton and not Thornton. Even though i backed the fucker big, Taylor losing is the best thing to happen to this World Championships by a mile. Wright/Newton and White/Whitlock will all fancy their chances and there will be some good games. White and Wright throw so natural and hit really well. Looking forward to every game that's left in this. Great stuff
                                                                                              Since Taylors exit every player is after lifting there game to the limits, most of the players left must think they have a chance at this world title, would love if Taylor would fk off now and retire but he won't go out this way imo

Comment

For that to be right he must be 1/4 to beat Anderson, 1/4 to beat Barney, 2/5 to beat Lewis and 1/4 so win a final. Roughly.
                                                                                                Last edited by Wesley Harms; 27-12-13, 22:06.

Comment

Had a nibble at 4-o myself

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                    how low did Smith go in winning the tournament odds during that match does anyone know?
                                                                                                    The Outright win? When i posted that Wright was available @ 25/1, Smith was 14/1 with BetVictor

Comment

ffs Barney, wtf is this shit

Comment

For that to be right he must be 1/4 to beat Anderson, 1/4 to beat Barney, 2/5 to beat Lewis and 1/4 so win a final. Roughly.
                                                                                                        hes 2-9 to beat Anderson after that I cant tell u anymore

Comment

Anyone looking at backing an outright winner outside of the fav's should wait until the 3rd round is finished as you will more than likely get a better price, I'm going to have a few pennies on Wright myself after seeing that performance, averaging around the 105's is what wins these, obviously once they have the double's to go with them and Wright has every chance if he keeps his bottle.

Comment

ffs Barney, wtf is this shit
                                                                                                            your right tony he needs to get his head on, the only saviour is Webster bottled that completely and has been since the tourni started.

Comment

Anyone looking at backing an outright winner outside of the fav's should wait until the 3rd round is finished as you will more than likely get a better price, I'm going to have a few pennies on Wright myself after seeing that performance, averaging around the 105's is what wins these, obviously once they have the double's to go with them and Wright has every chance if he keeps his bottle.

Comment

Smart ass cunt ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Listening to Mardle is painful.

Comment

Really? I think he's very good tbf, really knowledgable

Comment

Smart ass cunt ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                                                                                      There's no possible combination of results in the remaining 4 games that will push peoples price out. The 4 favourites are between 1/7 and 1/4 to win their games, so if that happens i don't see any outsiders being pushed out at all. Obviously if any of them lose, then all the outsiders prices will come in. Newton at 20/1 is probably the best value bet because he could make it to the final if he plays his A game

Comment

Really? I think he's very good tbf, really knowledgable
                                                                                                                        Agree with Jaysoose. He just recycles the same old cliches time and time again but he's still a step above Bristow. I think he wants to be the next Sid Waddell but it ain't gonna happen mate.

Comment

Agree with Jaysoose. He just recycles the same old cliches time and time again but he's still a step above Bristow. I think he wants to be the next Sid Waddell but it ain't gonna happen mate.
                                                                                                                          Part is obv the best

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X