Darts Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
    Was a big price but no one could have predicted that kind of final and on all known form Chizzy does score more 180s than almost anyone, especially Taylor who isnt a huge 180 hitter.
    You didn't think someone massively underperforming on the big occasion vs Taylor was at least a possibility beforehand?
    Profit before people.

Comment

Bunting won the BDO event 6-0 tonight also, nice double on them two correct scores....

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Bunting won the BDO event 6-0 tonight also, nice double on them two correct scores....
        Himself, Waites and a few others should head over next year with the new changes.

The competition will be amazing, if only Taylor wasn't so good.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          You didn't think someone massively underperforming on the big occasion vs Taylor was at least a possibility beforehand?
          To that extent no.

Lose 5 sets without winning a leg, a prolific scorer not hitting any 180s during that period and having one single dart at a double.

Fair play to anyone who thought it would be that extreme because I have never seen a final that one sided in all the years I've been watching darts.
          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
            Hi buddy
            hi
            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

just startin to come around from kilarney the wkend,17 of us went to the tour event in the NEC.
              hadn't been to a tour event b4 so wasn't sure what the story was. €10 got you in the door with all the players milling around on the practice boards or havin a drink n chattin to fans. actual playin area was cordoned off for players & family until the semis where they moved to the main stage n you could grab a seat anywhere.
              funny seeing the likes of Ronnie baxter, brendan dolan etc marking the board after they play a game
              chizzy turnin into a real crowd favourite so was a pity to see him bust in the semi's with thornton going on to beat Jamie caven 6-5 in a crackin final.

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                just startin to come around from kilarney the wkend,17 of us went to the tour event in the NEC.
                hadn't been to a tour event b4 so wasn't sure what the story was. €10 got you in the door with all the players milling around on the practice boards or havin a drink n chattin to fans. actual playin area was cordoned off for players & family until the semis where they moved to the main stage n you could grab a seat anywhere.
                funny seeing the likes of Ronnie baxter, brendan dolan etc marking the board after they play a game
                chizzy turnin into a real crowd favourite so was a pity to see him bust in the semi's with thornton going on to beat Jamie caven 6-5 in a crackin final.
                Worth the trip? Cant get into the floor event in Citywest but heard Killarney is good alright

Comment

Worth the trip? Cant get into the floor event in Citywest but heard Killarney is good alright
                  yeah,we'd go back. atmosphere isn't a patch on the grand prix opening rounds/QF's but its a different kind of buzz down there. think there was between 300/400 entered in the irish open singles the day b4 so most of them hang around for the wkend,gleneagle bars are packed with the matches on the big screens & 2 laddies on site too & you could literally have a pint/fag with 16 of the top 32 players in the world if ya fancied it
                  I had a wristband for players area blagged off a northern irish lad who was down with Brendan dolan but once dolan got knocked out he was happy suppin away at the bar but by the time I got back to him the quarters were nearly over n the floor was opening up anyway.
                  think the gleneagle was €125/room/nite which was rip off,we got the riverside 5 mins walk up the road for €65/room group rate b&b & 24hrs residents bar. top spot,highly recommend it.

Comment

Darts Masters kicks off on ITV4 this evening for anyone that might have missed it

Hamilton to beat Thornton @ 5/6
                    Pipe to beat Newton @ 6/5

Yay or Nay?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                      Darts Masters kicks off on ITV4 this evening for anyone that might have missed it

Hamilton to beat Thornton @ 5/6
                      Pipe to beat Newton @ 6/5

Yay or Nay?
                      Would just stick it on pipe. Couldn't be backing any of the other 2 cunts

Comment

Sigh, not on UPC in ROI. Fuckery

Comment

Sigh, not on UPC in ROI. Fuckery
                          Filmon app. And if you have xbmc and linked to your tv theres a filmon addon!

Comment

ITV4 working on UPC (for now)

Comment

ITV4 working on UPC (for now)
                              We know where they stand re: sport / not sport!.

Comment

Blistering stuff from Taylor tonight. Hitting serious form ahead of the worlds.

Dolan won a floor tournament too this weekend in Wigan. Willie o Connor picked up a couple of grand for making it to the 4th round both days too

Comment

This event starts on Saturday and its one of the top 3 of the year for me. Enjoyable format and good to see the PDC and BDO guys together. Groups as well and leg difference can often be vital

GROUP A
                                  Phil Taylor (1)
                                  Kevin Painter
                                  Paul Nicholson
                                  Stuart Kellett

GROUP B
                                  James Wade (8)
                                  Gary Anderson
                                  Wesley Harms
                                  Peter Wright

GROUP C
                                  Adrian Lewis (5)
                                  Christian Kist
                                  Ronny Huybrechts
                                  Richie George

GROUP D
                                  Michael van Gerwen (4)
                                  Kim Huybrechts
                                  Dean Winstanley
                                  Vincent van der Voort

GROUP E
                                  Raymond van Barneveld (2)
                                  Mervyn King
                                  Tony O'Shea
                                  Ricky Evans

GROUP F
                                  Andy Hamilton (7)
                                  Robert Thornton
                                  Mark Walsh
                                  Justin Pipe

GROUP G
                                  Simon Whitlock (6)
                                  Wes Newton
                                  Mark Webster
                                  Ross Smith

GROUP H
                                  Scott Waites (3)
                                  Dave Chisnall
                                  Michael Smith
                                  Ted Hankey

Saturday is the first group games

Saturday November 9
                                  Afternoon Session (1pm-5pm)
                                  Groups E-H First Games
                                  Robert Thornton v Mark Walsh (F)
                                  Andy Hamilton v Justin Pipe (F)
                                  Scott Waites v Ted Hankey (H)
                                  Dave Chisnall v Michael Smith (H)
                                  Wes Newton v Mark Webster (G)
                                  Simon Whitlock v Ross Smith (G)
                                  Mervyn King v Tony O'Shea (E)
                                  Raymond van Barneveld v Ricky Evans (E)

Evening Session (7pm-11pm)
                                  Groups A-D First Games
                                  Gary Anderson v Wesley Harms (B)
                                  James Wade v Peter Wright (B)
                                  Christian Kist v Ronny Huybrechts (C)
                                  Adrian Lewis v Richie George (C)
                                  Kevin Painter v Paul Nicholson (A)
                                  Phil Taylor v Stuart Kellett (A)
                                  Michael van Gerwen v Vincent van der Voort (D)
                                  Kim Huybrechts v Dean Winstanley (D)

Sunday will see the 2 winning players from each group on Saturday face off and the 2 losing players also then the final group games will be on Sunday

Comment

GROUP F
                                    Andy Hamilton (7)
                                    Robert Thornton
                                    Mark Walsh
                                    Justin Pipe
                                    Been stuck in a room and made to watch every match from this group would pretty much be my idea of hell!

Comment

Sad lack of Bunting in the BDO list for the Grand Slam, I think they should always invite the BDO No 1.

Comment

Been stuck in a room and made to watch every match from this group would pretty much be my idea of hell!
                                        First 2 games today FD

Comment

First 2 games today FD
                                          Can't wait

Comment

Top half of the draw is sick Taylor, Wade, Anderson, Lewis, MVG.

Bottom half Barney, Hammer, Whitlock, Waites, Chizzy.

If Barney is in the same form as in the Masters he must have a good run, only 10/1 so the bookies aren't taking any chances.
                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Can't wait
                                              Sky sticking with the golf over the early darts lol

Comment

Really good game this between Chizzy and Smith

Comment

Yeah with a bit more experience Smith will be doing big things soon.

The most talented of the young players by a mile.

Comment

What a game from The Count. Was brilliant stuff. Whitlock completely folded in the last leg though.

SuperTed indeed

Comment

Taylor/Wade/MVG treble 11/8 on Boyles worth a punt

Comment

Taylor/Wade/MVG treble 11/8 on Boyles worth a punt
                                                        No. Lewis saves every extra gear he can muster for MVG, stay away.

Comment

i reckon an accum on the over high finishes tonight in all games, bar maybe the hybrechts game is a good bet over 125.5 in each game with boyles could be the way to go here

Comment

Wade on form. What a cracking finish to take out the match

Comment

Some game this.

Comment

One of the best games i've seen tbh. You'd watch them 2 playing all night!

Comment

Lewis is a god.

Comment

Net worth on Waites -5.5 legs tonight, 11/10.

Giveaway.

Comment

Net worth on Waites -5.5 legs tonight, 11/10.

Giveaway.
                                                                      Yep, but looks like a big mistake backing over 11.5 180s though

Comment

Tilting

Comment

Fuck unlucky, would have been a sweet one to get up.

Mine was far closer than I thought it would be, Waites didn't seem to play great from the bits I saw.

Comment

Fuck unlucky, would have been a sweet one to get up.

Mine was far closer than I thought it would be, Waites didn't seem to play great from the bits I saw.
                                                                            Waites played terrible tonight. Couldn't score at all and let the crowd/Hankey get to him. Think it was 12-8 or something silly before he hit his first 180. You defo got a bigger sweat in the -5.5 than i'd have expected you to! O'Shea was terrible tonight too. No matter how many times i see him bottle it in big games, i still back him to come good but he never does. Hopefully Waites beats up Thornton in the semi

Comment

Waites played terrible tonight. Couldn't score at all and let the crowd/Hankey get to him. Think it was 12-8 or something silly before he hit his first 180. You defo got a bigger sweat in the -5.5 than i'd have expected you to! O'Shea was terrible tonight too. No matter how many times i see him bottle it in big games, i still back him to come good but he never does. Hopefully Waites beats up Thornton in the semi
                                                                              Bookies can't split Thornton/Waites. After watching tonight I'll be all over Thornton. Edit you can get 11/10 Thornton, that'll do.
                                                                              Last edited by thedini; 15-11-13, 23:15.

Comment

Lewis -2.5 @ 4/5 to beat Huybrechts is a must yeah?

Comment

Lewis -2.5 @ 4/5 to beat Huybrechts is a must yeah?
                                                                                  absolutely.

Comment

Decent performance from Wade in the end. Taylor v Lewis has the potential to be a classic

Comment

Decent performance from Wade in the end. Taylor v Lewis has the potential to be a classic
                                                                                      Just wow at the standard of darts after the first 10 legs. Both of them ~110 average

Comment

I did Lewis an injustice...114 average and climbing!

Comment

Just wow at the standard of darts after the first 10 legs. Both of them ~110 average
                                                                                          yup,1st 13 legs of this game have been the best darts ive ever seen........... if they by some chance keep it up it will be the best game ever

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                                            yup,1st 13 legs of this game have been the best darts ive ever seen........... if they by some chance keep it up it will be the best game ever
                                                                                            The over/under 180s was about 17.5 for the match. 23 so far and we're only halfway there. Madness

Comment

the referee is gonna earn his wages.........180 180 180 180 180 ............... pity the draw couldn't keep them apart till the final.......poor thornton wont cope with they're scoring.
                                                                                              i'd pay money to watch these boys practice,i,d say a 14 dart leg would be frowned upon

Comment

Backed Thornton to win the first leg @ 11/4

Comment

Backed Thornton to win the first leg @ 11/4
                                                                                                  puke 9 darts at a double,I thought I was running bad.
                                                                                                  location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

This weekend is the final 2 events of the Players Tour, with the championship finals the following weekend and on ITV4

Current standings are

Pos Name Nationality Prize Money
                                                                                                    1 van Gerwen, Michael Netherlands £124,350
                                                                                                    2 Wright, Peter Scotland £61,900
                                                                                                    3 Huybrechts,Kim Belgium £58,850
                                                                                                    4 Chisnall,Dave England £58,150
                                                                                                    5 Caven, Jamie England £54,350
                                                                                                    6 Thornton, Robert Scotland £52,900
                                                                                                    7 Dolan, Brendan Northern Ireland £49,550
                                                                                                    8 Beaton, Steve England £48,150
                                                                                                    9 Whitlock, Simon Australia £46,200
                                                                                                    10 Newton, Wesley England £45,500
                                                                                                    11 King, Mervyn England £41,850
                                                                                                    12 White, Ian England £40,750
                                                                                                    13 Part, John Canada £37,700
                                                                                                    14 Lewis, Adrian England £31,650
                                                                                                    15 Nicholson, Paul Australia £31,100
                                                                                                    16 Anderson, Gary Scotland £30,550
                                                                                                    17 Kellett, Stuart England £30,300
                                                                                                    17 Painter, Kevin England £30,300
                                                                                                    19 Taylor, Phil England £29,850
                                                                                                    20 Hamilton, Andy England £28,850
                                                                                                    21 Baxter, Ronnie England £25,400
                                                                                                    21 van Barneveld, Raymond Netherlands £25,400
                                                                                                    23 Pipe, Justin England £23,200
                                                                                                    24 Smith, Andy England £21,100
                                                                                                    25 Wade, James England £20,200
                                                                                                    26 Lloyd, Colin England £18,950
                                                                                                    27 Burnett, Richie Wales £18,400
                                                                                                    28 Jones, Wayne England £18,100
                                                                                                    29 Klaasen, Jelle Netherlands £17,450
                                                                                                    30 Smith, Michael England £16,100
                                                                                                    31 Lewis,Jamie Wales £15,600
                                                                                                    32 Jenkins, Terry England £15,500
                                                                                                    ---------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                                                    33 Webster, Darren England £15,400
                                                                                                    34 Huybrechts, Ronny Belgium £14,450
                                                                                                    35 Suljovic, Mensur Austria £13,850
                                                                                                    36 Webster, Mark Wales £13,750
                                                                                                    37 Monk, Arron England £13,650
                                                                                                    38 Cullen, Joe England £13,550
                                                                                                    39 Walsh, Mark England £13,300
                                                                                                    40 van der Voort, Vincent Netherlands £13,050

32 will play 1, 31 v 2, 30 v 3, etc etc

Interestingly as things stand it would Lewis v Taylor in round one! Likely to change though after this weekends 2 floor events

Comment

Chizzy and Brendan Dolan won the final 2 floor events this weekend which means the players championship finals draw is

First Round Draw & Tournament Bracket
                                                                                                      Michael van Gerwen (1) v Jamie Lewis (32)
                                                                                                      Adrian Lewis (16) v Kevin Painter (17)
                                                                                                      Steve Beaton (8) v James Wade (25)
                                                                                                      Wes Newton (9) v Andy Smith (24)
                                                                                                      Kim Huybrechts (5) v Terry Jenkins (28)
                                                                                                      Ian White (12) v Ronnie Baxter (21)
                                                                                                      Brendan Dolan (4) v Wayne Jones (29)
                                                                                                      John Part (13) v Andy Hamilton (20)
                                                                                                      Dave Chisnall (2) v Jelle Klaasen (31)
                                                                                                      Gary Anderson (15) v Stuart Kellett (18)
                                                                                                      Jamie Caven (7) v Colin Lloyd (26)
                                                                                                      Simon Whitlock (10) v Justin Pipe (23)
                                                                                                      Robert Thornton (6) v Richie Burnett (27)
                                                                                                      Mervyn King (11) v Raymond van Barneveld (22)
                                                                                                      Peter Wright (3) v Michael Smith (30)
                                                                                                      Paul Nicholson (14) v Phil Taylor (19)

Comment

Some good matches tonight by the looks of it. Just caught the end of a poor MVG and now Chizzy v Klassen with Klassen 3-2 up. Whoever is calling the camera work needs to be shot. Chizzy on a 9 darter and they miss the final T20 attempt, and then they miss all of Klassen's darts for his finish in thr 5th left. Terrible stuff!

Comment

Always gonna be terrible on an ITV night. Some win for Beaton this afternoon over the machine though

Comment

Whoever is calling the camera work needs to be shot. Chizzy on a 9 darter and they miss the final T20 attempt, and then they miss all of Klassen's darts for his finish in thr 5th left. Terrible stuff!
                                                                                                            God I've never seen anything like it.

It's retarded in the Lewis MVG match here, hasn't shown at least 7 or 8 darts in the first five legs. All over the place.

Comment

wow MvG, some run of legs. Hope the break hasnt come at the wrong time for him

Comment

yup,wowzers........ take a bow MVG, take a f##kin bow!!!

Comment

Aftertiming FTW

Comment

coupler of standout games from the world champs- kim vs ronny huybrects
                                                                                                                    burnett vs winstanley
                                                                                                                    Anderson vs dudbridge
                                                                                                                    Nicholson vs kellet
                                                                                                                    caven vs klassen
                                                                                                                    dudbrige had some nice runs in floor events lately, nice to see him come back from the shoulder & elbow problems he's had & kellet looked like the big stage suited him in the grand slam so Anderson n Nicholson wil be thinkin they could've got handier draws!

Comment

Woohoo. Hard to look past Taylor, a bit skinny at 10/11 though. I'm backing Lewis @ 6/1 e/w, should get a sweat out of that.

Tonights matches, can't see much from a betting perspective, but will be nibbling @ Burnett @ evs to beat the man that can't double (or count) Winstanley. It should be a close match and Winstanley to score more 180's @ 10/11 is a tad generous.

Comment

Yaaay, Christmas is here. Hopefully the first round will be decent, can be a lot of mismatches, although I remember a couple of years back there was a few great games

Comment

Youd have to think Winstanley 5/6 has a good edge on Burnett at the prices in the last game!.
                                                                                                                          Id rather have my tank on Winstanley that Burnett. I get the impression theres something holding Winstanley back for some reason. For me he is a model for improvement with sports psychology.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X