No announcement yet.

The Open, St Andrews, 15/18 July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McIlroy is an insane price, just laid some more.

Both him and Tiger the major pre tee-off market moves this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
      McIlroy is an insane price, just laid some more.

Both him and Tiger the major pre tee-off market moves this morning.
      Well I think you are insane laying Rory tbh.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Lads, I advise you now to get on John Daly. He is down to 40's on Paddy Power and I think you will green up on that before the finishes his round. Guy is in the best shape of his life and he has the course experience and two majors.
        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
          Well I think you are insane laying Rory tbh.
          He is shorter than Els, Mickelson, Westwood, McDowell etc. No way he should be, potential alone is not enough to warrant that.

LOL Pod early this week.

Comment

He is shorter than Els, Mickelson, Westwood, McDowell etc. No way he should be, potential alone is not enough to warrant that.

LOL Pod early this week.
            Out of that group Mickelson is the lay. If I was a big time layer I'd lay huge on him. He doesn't have the shots to win on a links course. He can only win there in perfect weather.

Comment

Out of that group Mickelson is the lay. If I was a big time layer I'd lay huge on him. He doesn't have the shots to win on a links course. He can only win there in perfect weather.
              Mickelson is the kind of player it's a nightmare laying though, as he is so super market volatile like Tiger, guy hits one fancy flop or super approach and it's a 2pt swing. Too much effort imo.

What are you doing POD?

Comment

Mickelson is the kind of player it's a nightmare laying though, as he is so super market volatile like Tiger, guy hits one fancy flop or super approach and it's a 2pt swing. Too much effort imo.

What are you doing POD?
                Did you hear that in the commentary. No wind, perfect conditions. Mickelson could have a great day.

Comment

Tiger gonna Tiger.

Comment

Daly playing so sick.

Just makes it harder to watch when he makes the inevitable back to back triple bogeys or something in the next few days.

Comment

Daly playing so sick.

Just makes it harder to watch when he makes the inevitable back to back triple bogeys or something in the next few days.
                      Hopefully I will be greened up before that happens. Its a huge problem for him alright. He has one disaster and he doesn't seem to get over it and does it on the next hole again.

Comment

I know its very early but this thread needs a bit of this imo.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9DVJE_bhVU[/ame]

Comment

LOL.

He is such a fucking hero.

Comment

POD really is completely crazy now isn't he?

Poor guy. Two drivers today!

Comment

anyone got a good link to the bbc coverage?
                              twitter
                              moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                anyone got a good link to the bbc coverage?
                                This seems a little shaky but its the beeb coverage.

Comment

It's gonna be a fun week with Rory.

I have high hopes he can be my new POD.

Comment

It's gonna be a fun week with Rory.

I have high hopes he can be my new POD.
                                    Well firstly I lose respect for you everytime you talk about a national sporting legend like that.

Secondly Rory McIlroy will never be a choker. The guy was born to be a World no.1 and he will get there and he will win more than one major too. He is that good, he was as good or maybe better than Tiger as an amateur. He is still only a kid but he has already made it into the world top 10.

Comment

Daly playing so sick.

you'd like to take the ride with him
                                      im so i didn't have a sly $10 on him after last week and him saying he was up for it

ooh and BBC fuck off with the Blue Peter-isation of every fucking sports program

Comment

that 16/1 about Rory is looking a fair enough price now
                                        Last edited by Guest; 15-07-10, 11:12.

Comment

Sales of Nike Method gonna rise like 1000% on Monday.

Comment

Sales of Nike Method gonna rise like 1000% on Monday.
                                            I've been looking for a new putter.

McIlroy tearing it up.
                                            We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Originally posted by dannydiamond View Post
                                              I've been looking for a new putter.

McIlroy tearing it up.
                                              Me too, might try and order one now!

Comment

Shot Rory.

That was quality.

Comment

Tiger gonna Tiger.

Comment

Talk about a dream first day for me.

So far that is.

Comment

Think taking the Mickelson prices now should work out well, wind seems to be staying away ok.

Comment

Think taking the Mickelson prices now should work out well, wind seems to be staying away ok.
                                                        I've been thinking that too, I just want to see how if the ball is still sticking on the greens in half an hour.

Comment

That was a phenomenal recovery shot from Tiger on 17.

Now just to get up and down.

Comment

That was a phenomenal recovery shot from Tiger on 17.

Now just to get up and down.
                                                            Just listening to Monty there and he is talking about the wind picking up so I wouldn't be backing Mickelson now.

Comment

BBC just sent a plane up, might not be too bad yet!

Comment

Jeebus Tiger wtf was that

Comment

Sick way to bogey but was the tee-shot that did the damage. I'd take -5 at the start of the day though i suppose. And chance here on 18 hopefully.

Comment

Just listening to Monty there and he is talking about the wind picking up so I wouldn't be backing Mickelson now.
                                                                    This tbf. Looks like the afternoon play is going to be about consolidating rather than being aggressive and making lots of birdies.

Oh and did anyone hear the commentators talking about Andersson Hed?
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Fantastic mornings golf from Rory and Daly.

Do people pick Harrington for Ryder Cup if he doesn't make it in on rankings giving his pretty meh matchplay record?
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by EARMUFFS View Post
                                                                        Woods at 11/2, Poulter at 33s, Furyk at 40s, Glover at 150 for me..think/hope Poulter will be best value at that price..
                                                                        Happy with Glover and Woods..poulter was disappointing but Furyk still out there so might be saver..

Comment

-9? that's upsetting the party a bit innit?

Comment

Not a good day for my gang of twelve.
                                                                            The weather in the morning was an advantage to the early tee times.
                                                                            My best was Steve Marino with a 69, out first at 06:30.
                                                                            My big investment, Thomas Aiken, out at 15:04, had a 71.

52 starting groups of three players.
                                                                            The last 14 groups don't feature in the leaders.

Charl Schwartzel did well to come back in 31 after an opening 40.

Comment

#98
                                                                              I've greened up on Dredge, backed him @ 470, layed @ 70
                                                                              also layed a bit off on Tiger @ 5.4 only because I was over exposed on him, leaving a decent chunk on,, COME ON TIGER

Comment

#99
                                                                                Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                                                I've greened up on Dredge, backed him @ 470, layed @ 70
                                                                                also layed a bit off on Tiger @ 5.4 only because I was over exposed on him, leaving a decent chunk on,, COME ON TIGER
                                                                                I'm over exposed probably too but can't lay off as Rory is my biggest pre tourny liability. LOL, should be a fun day tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by kincsem View Post
                                                                                  Not a good day for my gang of twelve.
                                                                                  The weather in the morning was an advantage to the early tee times.
                                                                                  My best was Steve Marino with a 69, out first at 06:30.
                                                                                  My big investment, Thomas Aiken, out at 15:04, had a 71.

52 starting groups of three players.
                                                                                  The last 14 groups don't feature in the leaders.

Charl Schwartzel did well to come back in 31 after an opening 40.
                                                                                  I expected Stricker to be my main sweat weather didnt help his cause. Should Andersson Hed win I won't be seen for a month

Comment

Took a bit of Oosthuizen earlier @ 19.5, could be real good by evening if weather gets bad

Comment

Just got 4/5 on McIlroy winning todays threeball with boyes, think its a great price

McIlroy -9
                                                                                      Lucas Glover -5
                                                                                      Tim Clark -1

from yesterday

Comment

Unplayable course would be a huge break for me right now I think.

Comment

Massive result.

Good decision

Comment

Massive result.

Good decision
                                                                                            For you maybe, but what am I supposed to do at work

Comment

Wide open now.

McDowell right back in it, anyone -3 is right in the mix.

Comment

pp going 11/10 special Rory to shoot 69 r better today, nice of them.

Comment

Despite backing every golfer that owns a set of clubs, and getting it way wrong I got lucky and am in guaranteed profit, green for €627.37.
                                                                                                  I backed Oosthuizen at 11s just after his round of 67 and have sold some. I am green for more on: Oosthuizen €2,117.37; Calcavecchia €7,637.97.

Back
                                                                                                  Louis Oosthuizen 11.11 €420.00 €4,245.00
                                                                                                  Mark Calcavecchia 1000 €51.00 €50,949.00
                                                                                                  Zach Johnson 190 €20.00 €3,780.00
                                                                                                  Jeff Overton 237.46 €52.00 €12,295.90
                                                                                                  Justin Leonard 370 €10.00 €3,690.00
                                                                                                  Charl Schwartzel 530.72 €25.66 €13,592.64
                                                                                                  Davis Love III 470 €15.00 €7,035.00
                                                                                                  Steve Marino 346.09 €86.00 €29,677.60
                                                                                                  Thomas Aiken 657.97 €261.04 €171,494.66
                                                                                                  Simon Khan 720 €20.00 €14,380.00
                                                                                                  Yuta Ikeda 780.98 €30.00 €23,399.30
                                                                                                  Soren Kjeldsen 293.86 €30.00 €8,785.80
                                                                                                  Thomas Levet 779.01 €15.00 €11,670.10
                                                                                                  Jose Manuel Lara 1000 €36.93 €36,893.07
                                                                                                  €1,072.63

Lay
                                                                                                  Louis Oosthuizen 3.97 €800.00 €2,375.00
                                                                                                  Mark Calcavecchia 48.88 €900.00 €43,089.40
                                                                                                  €1,700.00

Comment

Took a bit of Oosthuizen earlier @ 19.5, could be real good by evening if weather gets bad
                                                                                                    Anyone know where to get a good weather forecast for St Andrews tomorrow?
                                                                                                    Have to decide whether to green up before he starts tomorrow or let it run into his 3rd
                                                                                                    round........

Comment

My decision to only have a few small bets was my second
                                                                                                      my first was to back nobody with that weather forecast

As in life and deciding to shove 67 suited
                                                                                                      always go with your first decision

its a mess!!!

gl getting out lads!

ooh an lol at me backing pod

Comment

Anyone know where to get a good weather forecast for St Andrews tomorrow?
                                                                                                        Have to decide whether to green up before he starts tomorrow or let it run into his 3rd
                                                                                                        round........
                                                                                                        Windfinder.com - Detailed wind, waves, weather & tide Superforecast for Leuchars Airport / Scotland, United Kingdom for kitesurfing, windsurfing, sailing, fishing & hiking.

Comment

hmm, i was kinda happy to get off tiger earlier, now not so sure!

Comment

Christ I am shit at betting lol

Comment

Good day for me so far.

Frodo's implosion has massively helped, if Tiger can get round the back nine level, I'd be more than happy.

Comment

Rod Pampling only man to be a first round leader and miss the cut, surely couldn't happen here?

Comment

Good day for me so far.

Frodo's implosion has massively helped, if Tiger can get round the back nine level, I'd be more than happy.
                                                                                                                  good stuff; however it is more like roulette than golf betting in fairness
                                                                                                                  to hear Coltart talking about the wind blowing his putt away makes it sound like a nightmare at mo

stuck .5 ew on Andersson hed @100/1 as too big for a solid player if he holds it together tonight
                                                                                                                  (so much for quiting)

*lol the hex, missed a sitter, looks like wind got it too
                                                                                                                  No more posting bets here for me!
                                                                                                                  im a member of the after timers union from now on
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 16-07-10, 18:41. Reason: *lol at me

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                    good stuff; however it is more like roulette than golf betting in fairness

stuck .5 ew on Andersson hed @100/1 as too big for a solid player if he holds it together tonight
                                                                                                                    (so much for quiting)

to hear Coltart talking about the wind blowing his putt away makes it sound like a nightmare at mo
                                                                                                                    I'll give you a tenner to back the leader with tomorrow, you'd stop a train on this form

Just as I was reading this, Andersson Hed missed a short one!

Comment

I will be after bubblekings title as
                                                                                                                      [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oATzS3f-iac[/ame]
                                                                                                                      if I don't sort it out by Sunday

Comment

such a ridic sport to bet on!

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                                                                                          such a ridic sport to bet on!
                                                                                                                          One of the few sports actually worth betting on!

can get some serious value over the course of a season (not like 15 yrs ago but nothing is)

just should have enough sense not to bet on weekends such as this
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Guest; 16-07-10, 19:06.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X