Cheltenham 2020 Tipping Competition - The Sixth Sense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    You clearly inspired Frossach there. Check out his R7 pick for tomorrow.
    Just had to. But it might change 😁

Comment

...Well fuxk you bat soup people...As Dobby mentioned, I never got a chance to post up anything today for my 157 points due to work shite... Obviously woiod be good to have the 157 points to punt... Would be a nice touch to show you're not really the miserable prick you claim to be...
      ...On tbe plus side, working from home for possibly 10 weeks...

Comment

Didn't bother getting my flight home earlier, we go again tomorrow.

Il take the 250 hit.

Comment

Proud of that table considering alcohol, may be spelling errors.

Comment

Comment

Last edited by Solksjaer!; 13-03-20, 12:49.

Comment

Good luck to all left. Made the final table with average stack same as last year. Not for some decent run good. Either way I've had a great Cheltenham.

Thanks to the fastidious organiser for a top job once again.

Comment

Only 4 players in contention voted to give luckforsome and Jibzzzz back their cash, so the result of the Stewards Enquiry stands. Plus Jibzzzz graciously accepted the outcome rather than have a surrogate whine about it on his behalf.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Last edited by ionapaul; 13-03-20, 08:49.

Comment

A reminder of the leaderboard:

Rory McIlroy nicnic sweating and shaking in his boots as the early players go out on course at Augusta.

Comment

Day 3 Report

We started the day with one legend of the competition at the top of the leaderboard and ended with another. Course form is all-important in this competition as beasts that have plodded around all winter like lethargic donkeys suddenly turn up at Cheltenham looking a million dollars and carrying 12st up the hill like a boss. And so it proved with nicnicnic, a man so good he named himself thrice, as he surged to the front in the final furlong. It is concerning though for this hold-up performer, who needs to be more carefully handled than Carberry on Harchibald, that he may well have hit the front far too early and his fragile temperment might crack when challenged close to the line.

As to the challengers, we have parrots and tigers stalking the lead horse. There's a joke in there somewhere but I can't quite find it. Maybe the joke will become apparent when we see their selections. The field is unusually packed though and really anyone could win this. Well, except GAB obviously who has maintained his ever-consistent record in this comp.

You wouldn't put it past Dice to bluff his way to the front and indeed the ticking off from the stewards that Jibzzzz recieved yesterday might be enough to inspire him to glory. All to play for. Watch the County Hurdle.

Comment

Here's the day on day, for those who care about such things

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

you were 750

20/1 50 EW, returns a net 200 at 1/4 the odds

you're now 950

Never mind me,head like a turnip yesterday

Comment

Comment

been up to me tits.
                                        trying to grab afew mins to throw some darts
                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                          been up to me tits.
                                          trying to grab afew mins to throw some darts
                                          Go away with that, crunching numbers waiting for the others to show their hand

Comment

Originally posted by Frossach View Post
                                            €25 win on Charlie Sheen. @ 20/1. Please
                                            Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                            booked
                                            I just sent you the €25 now. From ref frossach

Comment

Comment

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Cheering on Silver Tiger today, LFG.

Comment

I was sorely tempted to swerve the entire thing at one stage

Comment

LOCKED AND LOADED

Comment

Triumph tips

and where is the obligatory Our Conor nostalgia vid?????

Comment

Playing Aspire Tower in this.

Comment

Comment

Hmm, turns out Aspire Tower would have won if it jumped. What an absolute sickener for the Goshen players though.

Expert thoughts on the jockeyship there?

Comment

lol what a dramatic finish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Murdrum View Post
                                                                    Shur Ruby Walsh works for the bookies so he doe.... no wait, who?

Comment

Slightly amazed no-one backed that. No change in the standings obv.

Comment

County Counsel

Comment

Hmm, turns out Aspire Tower would have won if it jumped. What an absolute sickener for the Goshen players though.

Expert thoughts on the jockeyship there?
                                                                          I dont think Jamie Moore did anything wrong, Aspire Tower jumped terribly on nearly every fence and still nearly got there...

Comment

I dont think Jamie Moore did anything wrong, Aspire Tower jumped terribly on nearly every fence and still nearly got there...
                                                                            If he channeled his inner Bryan Cooper he'd have taken a little look behind and maybe not attacked the hurdle so hard.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

...
                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

ah balls,completely forgot to stick in my picks- is that me out?
                                                                                Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 13-03-20, 13:58.

Comment

This is turning out to be the most open Tipping competition ever, it feels like the Champion Hurdle all over again. Surely someone will coming with a storming run up the famed Cheltenham hill?

Comment

Nothing more redundant than having your pick covered by someone ahead of you in the comp
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                      How does it work with horses names. Can an owner call a horse anything you want as long as its not a name currently in use for a registered racing horse? E.g. could you call a horse Shergar? Just wondering seeing the class 'buildmeupbuttercup' name and wondering how no-one has ever picked it before.
                                                                                      Yeah great name.

GAB, SP et al will know more but the father tried to call one "Billy <<insert 2nd name>>" and it was taken so he went with "Billie <<insert 2nd name>>", pretty sure the aforementioned "Billy" was well gone.

Comment

Gonna jinx Hitch and Solks by backing Stolen Silver.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          Nothing more redundant than having your pick covered by someone ahead of you in the comp
                                                                                          Every year seems to boil down to a full bullet in the Grand Annual & Martin Pipe, trying to get a unique 33/1 shot in each that will return enough to nip in on a wet sail and hoping some year to bink.

Comment

But in different geographies you can have a horse with the same name as each other. Its possible for Our Conor (FR) to win next years Triumph Hurdle.

I have seen 2 horses before in the same race with the same name.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                              ah balls,completely forgot to stick in my picks- is that me out?
                                                                                              you fucking muppet

I'll let you play - but I'm going to randomly pick for you in Races 2-7. Otherwise you would have an advantage of knowing all the other picks.

Comment

Right so, random numbers

13
                                                                                                6
                                                                                                9
                                                                                                1
                                                                                                20
                                                                                                11

Comment

If I have a racehorse I'm gonna call him.

Turk the Contagious .

Comment

I'm on Ciel De Neige since just after Newbury

Comment

Originally posted by Solksjaer! View Post
                                                                                                      If I have a racehorse I'm gonna call him.

Turk the Contagious .
                                                                                                      My Corona, ldo

Comment

if I had a horse id call it my face, be great to see it win and a load of women screaming ,come on my face

Comment

you fucking muppet

I'll let you play - but I'm going to randomly pick for you in Races 2-7. Otherwise you would have an advantage of knowing all the other picks.
                                                                                                          More than fair, my defence is i was juggling working from home with babysitting two little people who are trying to break me and the house.
                                                                                                          Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 13-03-20, 14:10.

Comment

My Corona, ldo
                                                                                                            Not as daring imo but I like it.

Comment

Tiger Tap Tap
                                                                                                              Harry Senior
                                                                                                              Monalee
                                                                                                              Alcala
                                                                                                              The Bay Birch
                                                                                                              My Sister Sarah

and, if you win, half the loot goes to charity.

Although I think my random picks have sunk you anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by arrymyboy View Post
                                                                                                                if I had a horse id call it my face, be great to see it win and a load of women screaming ,come on my face
                                                                                                                And smelly old men in the local bookies

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                                                                                  More than fair, my defence is i was juggling working from home with babysitting two little people who are trying to break me and the house.

Comment

Wehave a new leader, alocon was the only one on the fav there

A short lead though.

I can never remember so many favs winning in the handicaps, outrageous.

Comment

Staying power

Comment

How many places paid in the county hurdle?

Comment

Originally posted by GMoran1 View Post
                                                                                                                          How many places paid in the county hurdle?
                                                                                                                          4

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X