No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when just "spitting out prices" theyd often just make them off the outrights, and add in a comfortable edge.

A lot just copy the market maker then in turn. Id doubt youd get handicaps until closer to the game - and then any sizeable bet might make a few of the shrewder bookies sit up and actually examine "why is this happening"

the amount of money they take on this game until the weekend of would barely be 3 figures, ie not worth the time to properly analyse
    GAA News Website

Comment

Summerhill +4 evs ??

Small punt on moorefield for me first real test for portlaoise.

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
        Can't see a handicap market available..backing Cratloe even at 20/1..no thanks. Crokes are just light years ahead of them football wise, if not fitness wise. I wouldn't even back Cratloe +10 tbh.
        Cratloe are extremely fit. Easily the fittest team in the clare senior championship. But any slim chance of an upset probably completely disappeared when Conor McGrath got sent off in the semi final

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
          Cratloe are extremely fit. Easily the fittest team in the clare senior championship. But any slim chance of an upset probably completely disappeared when Conor McGrath got sent off in the semi final
          theyd wanna be fit!

theyll be chasing after the ball all day
          GAA News Website

Comment

Clyda won Munster so good advise.
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

+5 summerhill with Stan James seems a brilliant bet
              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                Conor McGrath is available now apparently. When will the handicap markets be up for this match does anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                  Conor McGrath is available now apparently. When will the handicap markets be up for this match does anyone know?
                  +10 at 10/11 with Stan James. Think Im gonna take a bit of that.

Comment

Last edited by tipp86; 27-11-13, 20:18.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Gabriels 6/5 v Youghal 8/11. The Youghal lads travelling to London wont suit them id say. I know a lad playing Senior in London and he says Gabriels are class. I think the price is slightly off in fairness how would PP even go about pricing it.

Small bet for me anyway.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Handicap on OTB has shifted from -2 to -4 since the book opened on the Leinster club final. I still think it's value tbh and can see this game being a hammering a fair amount of the time. I'm all over this match at various handicaps

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                          Handicap on OTB has shifted from -2 to -4 since the book opened on the Leinster club final. I still think it's value tbh and can see this game being a hammering a fair amount of the time. I'm all over this match at various handicaps
                          Raped!! Doubt many saw it coming, the standard was horrific.
                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                            Raped!! Doubt many saw it coming, the standard was horrific.
                            Ye pretty bad day at the office for me. It's a while since I lost a bet that I was this confident about. Oulart were beyond attrocious and left we shouting all sorts of paranoid accusations at the tv lol. Mt Leinster are all heart and well drilled but in all honesty they're pretty dire. It wouldn't have takes much to beat them by more than 3 points.

Comment

fancy Naomh Olaf to beat Geraldines on Sunday. bit of a difference in price as Boylesports offering Evens while Paddy Power only 8/11. Anyone got any opinions on this game

Comment

Any value to be had in the opening round of pre-season football games this weekend lads

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                  Any value to be had in the opening round of pre-season football games this weekend lads

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sports
                                  I like wexford @7/4 think it's way too big wasn't much between them last year only a few points.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                    I like wexford @7/4 think it's way too big wasn't much between them last year only a few points.
                                    That was the one that caught my uneducated football eye too

Comment

The already taken 4/5 on Donegal I feel is a gift after seeing the teams news plus home advantage,there 8/15. also love Armagh at 4/11 at home,cant see either losing,famous last words lol

Comment

Yeah wexford, should be a close a match. ucd aren’t a bad price at 2/1 either, often a closer match than prices suggest.

Also monaghan at 7/4. Sometimes some of the weaker county teams will under-perform against third level teams so maybe gmit at 7/4 as well.

Comment

Wexford came in.
                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Wexford came in.
                                            Yeah fairly convincingly aswell laois have a new manager trying some new players out so it could be a difficult year for them.

On another note some decent displays from a fresh Kildare team in newbridge today.

Comment

I like Westmeath at odds against v DIT in the hurling tomorrow. 5/4 with PP, not sure about elsewhere as on the phone and in a hurry

Comment

I like Westmeath at odds against v DIT in the hurling tomorrow. 5/4 with PP, not sure about elsewhere as on the phone and in a hurry
                                                11/8 boyles kev.

Comment

On wexford again tomorrow away to Offaly who were beaten by the same laois team that wexford disposed of last weekend. 6/4 with powers.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                    On wexford again tomorrow away to Offaly who were beaten by the same laois team that wexford disposed of last weekend. 6/4 with powers.
                                                    Wexford leading 11-5 at ht playing with the wind though

Comment

Westmeath up by one. 2-5 1-7 drifted to 7/4

Comment

Originally posted by Daww_18 View Post
                                                        Wexford leading 11-5 at ht playing with the wind though
                                                        Held on in the end 16 13. Hopefully this is a sign of the season ahead

Comment

Ul at 8/15 could possibly be value. WIT are full of injuries at the minute. I was dropping one of the lads to training the other night and he reckoned it was buying money at 1/5. I was talking to him there and he is of the opinion that UL were getting the game and it was just going ahead as a challenge.

He reckons unless UL put out a horrible team that they have no chance.
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Ul at 8/15 could possibly be value. WIT are full of injuries at the minute. I was dropping one of the lads to training the other night and he reckoned it was buying money at 1/5. I was talking to him there and he is of the opinion that UL were getting the game and it was just going ahead as a challenge.

He reckons unless UL put out a horrible team that they have no chance.
                                                            Nice shout. On it, UL v organised against Waterford last week in dog rough conditions

Comment

Ul cruising! Some price swing before 8/15 to 1/4

Comment

Nothing exciting on the hurling front this weekend?
                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Nothing exciting on the hurling front this weekend?
                                                                  Kilkenny 4/9 to beat Galway (PP) for me, reasonably strong team for the cats including Henry Shefflin, Galway without Joe Canning and the rest of the Portumna lot and have to make the journey to Freshford

Comment

Kilkenny 4/9 to beat Galway (PP) for me, reasonably strong team for the cats including Henry Shefflin, Galway without Joe Canning and the rest of the Portumna lot and have to make the journey to Freshford
                                                                    Handy enough win for KK in the end 1-24 to 0-15 I believe. Shefflin got a decent score also of about 12 points

Comment

Handy enough win for KK in the end 1-24 to 0-15 I believe. Shefflin got a decent score also of about 12 points
                                                                      I left that bet off just didnt fancy a 4/9 bet unless I had something decent to double it with.
                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

My source has some hope that WIT will run UCC close today. 1/6 9/2. The handicap is 5 points.

I personally cant trust what could be a biased view tho.

He doesnt think there will be muc in the LIT/CIT game either where LIT are 2/1 and CIT are 2/5.
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Strong enough Dublin hurling team named for tonight's Walsh cup final v Kilkenny at croker. Into 6/5 on pp but still 2/1 available with boyles, taking this plus their +2 @ 11/10

Comment

WIT mispriced against Carlow IT tomorrow. They are 1/14 13/2 on Boyles.

The WIT contact I have has this matchup way closer. 1/2 6/4 or somewhere like that. They would be very focussed on this game and see it as a potential slip up.

UCC beat WIT by 6 points, UCC beat Carlow by 15 or so.

WIT and Carlow both beat Pats but WIT were more convincing. That been said WIT played on an astro turf which would have suited them with the better players.

That said with no real bankroll I wont be indulging as I fancy WIT to come through just about.

What kind of handicap would those odds represent?
                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

WIT mispriced against Carlow IT tomorrow. They are 1/14 13/2 on Boyles.

The WIT contact I have has this matchup way closer. 1/2 6/4 or somewhere like that. They would be very focussed on this game and see it as a potential slip up.

UCC beat WIT by 6 points, UCC beat Carlow by 15 or so.

WIT and Carlow both beat Pats but WIT were more convincing. That been said WIT played on an astro turf which would have suited them with the better players.

That said with no real bankroll I wont be indulging as I fancy WIT to come through just about.

What kind of handicap would those odds represent?
                                                                              Looks like WIT are in a bit of a game alright....just going on scoreline as HT approcahes

Comment

3/1 still avail so a spot of value still in there perhaps.....not looking like a stroll in the park anyway for prematch longs odds on shots WIT

Comment

Think WIT took it by 6 or more anyway. Didnt get a final score. As I said I expected them to hold up but the odds were possibly a bit off and if WIT had an off day who knows.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

For shame lads:

Carlow were two up at half time

Comment

Think WIT took it by 6 or more anyway. Didnt get a final score. As I said I expected them to hold up but the odds were possibly a bit off and if WIT had an off day who knows.
                                                                                      Yeah WIT score 6 unanswered after the break...that was that...got on at a big price when side were level before half time...happy enough with that...WIT were obviously needing to get the finger out but the odds were just too good to turn down in running....

Comment

I dont think Carlow were up at HT to be honest !!
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I dont think Carlow were up at HT to be honest !!
                                                                                          Never said they were. Up at the start. Level 5 mins before HT down by 1 at HT....never ahead after...

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                            Never said they were. Up at the start. Level 5 mins before HT down by 1 at HT....never ahead after...
                                                                                            Ah ya Keane mentioned it and from your commentary I thought you may have thought the same. One of the lads on the team will be over in a bit so il get some more feedback.

The next game is a tough away game against DIT I think.
                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

really like DCU vs UCD. HEslin meant to be injured for UCD

UUJ should win easily too vs DIT
                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                For shame lads:

Carlow were two up at half time
                                                                                                watching on Boylesports scoreboard on my fone i saw them down 1 point at HT.

I am 99% sure..

Are you sure....

Also Did you guys see the Tyrone v mayo Scoreboard on Setanta Sports was incorrect at the weekend?

This cost me money.....

Comment

watching on Boylesports scoreboard on my fone i saw them down 1 point at HT.

I am 99% sure..

Are you sure....

Also Did you guys see the Tyrone v mayo Scoreboard on Setanta Sports was incorrect at the weekend?

This cost me money.....
                                                                                                  No you're right I was misremembering the score, it was 0-13 to 1-09, I had it in my head it was 0-13 to 1-12 for some reason.

Didn't take any notice in the Tyrone game, what was the mistake?

Comment

Hurling back today

I think Limerick are worth a pop at 3/1, probly my only league match bet of the weekend. Cork are rightly favourites and will probably win it but still feel thats a bit on the big side for Limerick.

No other league game appeals really a combination of likely to be 1 sided games and a wait and see attitude to the likes of KK etc

Think Cork at 6/1 is a nice price for the league outright. Regardless of the outcome of tonight's match they will likely win their remaining games in 1b and finish top or second, and will have a nice bit of momentum going into a QF against 3rd or 4th in 1A who could have had a tipsy turvy time of it. Win the QF and just 2 games to win then and the 6/1 price will look great.

Finally am taking creggan to beat ballysaggart in the junior final replay today at 15/8, it's a big pric considering that by all accounts they were far the better team last weekend and was only ballysaggarts goals that kept them in it including one right at the end of extra time

Comment

KK -1 against Clare is massive bet for me, seen Clare v Tipp last week and Clare have very very little done which is understandable, KK have been on a similar training regime to Tipp and both are out to make amends for last year.

Tipp -3 v Waterford also looks good considering Tipps form so far this year, Waterford have named a strong team but I expect with home advantage and the momentum Tipp have they will have too much.

Have done both singles and a double.

Comment

Finally am taking creggan to beat ballysaggart in the junior final replay today at 15/8, it's a big pric considering that by all accounts they were far the better team last weekend and was only ballysaggarts goals that kept them in it including one right at the end of extra time
                                                                                                        Creggan win 1-11 to 1-7. Solid start to the weekend

Comment

Limerick draw with Cork despite playing 2/3's of the match with only 14 men after a straight red in the first half.

Comment

Limerick draw with Cork despite playing 2/3's of the match with only 14 men after a straight red in the first half.
                                                                                                            Missed these suggestions...but well done...unlucky with limerick....
                                                                                                            What u think of kk-1......
                                                                                                            It seems too obvious???

Any opinion.....or are you thinking of an in play punt?

Comment

Missed these suggestions...but well done...unlucky with limerick....
                                                                                                              What u think of kk-1......
                                                                                                              It seems too obvious???

Any opinion.....or are you thinking of an in play punt?
                                                                                                              I can see the appeal in it, but KK back unit lacks a bit of experience, clearly in there to tackle the Clare forwards pace but will be interesting to see how that goes. Probably a no bet for me tbh

Comment

I can see the appeal in it, but KK back unit lacks a bit of experience, clearly in there to tackle the Clare forwards pace but will be interesting to see how that goes. Probably a no bet for me tbh
                                                                                                                Davy fitz way saying all week that clare are way off the mark......I don't think it's mind games personally.

Comment

Davy fitz way saying all week that clare are way off the mark......I don't think it's mind games personally.
                                                                                                                  He had them training at 7am by the end of the team holiday. That is pretty much fact.
                                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Very surprised to see Galway at 11/8 v Waterford for this Sunday's game especially given their destruction of Dublin last weekend. Also Maurice Shanahan confirmed out for up to 6 weeks for Waterford. Granted its a fair trip down for Galway, but cant see that price lasting too long (PP and Boyles)

Comment

UL overturned by LIT today was a shock. The prices for the semis should be interesting.

LIT 4/5 WIT 5/4 is in and around where my source sees it. I believe the bookies line will be different.
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

UL overturned by LIT today was a shock. The prices for the semis should be interesting.

LIT 4/5 WIT 5/4 is in and around where my source sees it. I believe the bookies line will be different.
                                                                                                                        Wow, Werent UL 1/10 or something crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                                                                                                                          Wow, Werent UL 1/10 or something crazy.
                                                                                                                          They were indeed.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X