GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
    Take the crap talk to the BBV or twitter lads. This is a serious[ish] thread where we talk about GAA and how to make money from it. It's been highly successful and we don't need it derailed by idiots. Cheers
    lol congrats on your appointment as a Mod fair dues

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
      lol congrats on your appointment as a Mod fair dues

If I was a mod you would have been banned a long time ago you tiresome troll. You were already warned for derailing another thread

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
        If I was a mod you would have been banned a long time ago you tiresome troll. You were already warned for derailing another thread
        Could you please stop your petty arguments this is a gaa thread yada yada yada.
        I am supermod
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
          [B]

Hon the parish!!! weeeeeeeee Very close second half and two late points for confey to seal it
          Much much closer than the league game few weeks back that's for sure.

Lucky with Cork too.
          Haha bit tighter than I thought it would be. Losing 0.08 - 0.01 after 15 mins not ideal but grit and determination wins out! Quarters anyway.Hon da fcuking parish!

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
            Both teams not to score = one team can score, bet loses only if both teams score.
            Ha.....ya feel a bit silly now !!

On another note does anyone think Seamus Harnedy should at least be priced up for young hurler of the year?
            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
              Ha.....ya feel a bit silly now !!

On another note does anyone think Seamus Harnedy should at least be priced up for young hurler of the year?
              Seamie is 23, too old I think to qualify. Good final though and he should bag an all star.
              "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                Seamie is 23, too old I think to qualify. Good final though and he should bag an all star.
                All Star shoo-in regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by Line Us View Post
                  Ah right girlfriend is 21 and he was in her year so kind of had him a bit younger.

Not sure what the cut off age wise is to be honest.
                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                    WTF, v surprised at this

Waterford GAA ‏@WaterfordGAA 18m

Michael Ryan has officially informed Waterford Co Board that he will Not be seeking the position of Senior Hurling Team Manager for 2014.
                    im disgusted with waterford hurling shocking treatment of michael ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                      All Star shoo-in regardless.
                      I wouldn't have thought so tbh and think he needs a big final, Pat Horgan, Podge Collins and Declan Hannon are nailed on and I would have Maurice Shan and Conal Keaney ahead of him as well, possibility a KK forward will get in, they did win the league and that's not even mentioning the rest of the Clare, Limerick and Cork forwards.

Harnedy is a very hard working committed hurler who offers that Cork forward line that bit of an edge it was lacking but he does lack a certain composure and he's decision making can be very poor, a rough diamond would be how I would describe him.

Comment

Maurice Shanahan did nothing against Kilkenny though. He had one v good game against Offaly and that was it really. That game wasnt even on TV so will have escaped a lot of notice. I will be shocked if he gets an all star

Comment

I wouldn't have thought so tbh and think he needs a big final, Pat Horgan, Podge Collins and Declan Hannon are nailed on and I would have Maurice Shan and Conal Keaney ahead of him as well, possibility a KK forward will get in, they did win the league and that's not even mentioning the rest of the Clare, Limerick and Cork forwards.

Harnedy is a very hard working committed hurler who offers that Cork forward line that bit of an edge it was lacking but he does lack a certain composure and he's decision making can be very poor, a rough diamond would be how I would describe him.
                          I'm not really saying anything about whether he deserves it or not, but between the Sean Og thing and every piece of hurling analysis for the last two months mentioning him as "the discovery of the summer" he's guaranteed to be selected.

Not a hope Maurice Shanahan picks up more votes than him, even less chance any of the Kilkenny forwards. Harnedy by a mile the most likely half-forward pick.

Comment

I'm not really saying anything about whether he deserves it or not, but between the Sean Og thing and every piece of hurling analysis for the last two months mentioning him as "the discovery of the summer" he's guaranteed to be selected.

Not a hope Maurice Shanahan picks up more votes than him, even less chance any of the Kilkenny forwards. Harnedy by a mile the most likely half-forward pick.
                            Harnedy would be a little underwhelming as an allstar imo although I agree with your reasoning mostly for why he will get one. I don't think he's a total lock though and can easily see him miss out if Cork lose the final

Comment

Maurice Shanahan did nothing against Kilkenny though. He had one v good game against Offaly and that was it really. That game wasnt even on TV so will have escaped a lot of notice. I will be shocked if he gets an all star
                              He had a very good league and was very good against Clare until he got injured, he's performance against Offaly completely surpasses anything Harnedy has done - but I see where Keane is coming from with the 'new find' and 'small club' thing just don't think it will be enough tbh.

As with every year of course the final will have a huge bearing on the final 15, not just with the performances in said final but also with any 50/50 calls usually going in favour of the AI champs.

Comment

[QUOTE=Keane;733348
                                Not a hope Maurice Shanahan picks up more votes than him, even less chance any of the Kilkenny forwards. Harnedy by a mile the most likely half-forward pick.[/QUOTE]

Eoin Larkin is likely to finish championship top scorer despite kk not even making the semis. Obv free taking helped him a lot but he can't be ruled out imo. Realistically cork/limerick/clare/dub will win 13 or 14 of the all star spots though.

Excuse the ignorance but can a player who was sent off in a championship match win an all star? I remember a time when it ruled you out anyway

Comment

is there any market to bet on these all stars?
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                    is there any market to bet on these all stars?
                                    AFAIK they don't have one until the nominations are out open to correction on that though

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                      still stand by this - I think Clare @ 11/8 is the bet.
                                      Agree

Comment

Agree
                                        yep

Comment

Not feeling the Clare love today - but can't bet against them or it would ruin the match for me. 44pts or less @ evens is my bet for the game. Expecting a bit of a slogg unlike last weeks match

Comment

Was talking to a mate of mine who starts senior for one of the bigger clubs in Kildare and he reckons Athy will walk the championship, only seen them at 2/1 on PP but might be some value

Comment

AFAIK they don't have one until the nominations are out open to correction on that though

Market now on PP. http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sp...ll-star-awards

Harnedy available at 1/80. Five midfielders are odds on. Worst market ever!

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                Market now on PP. http://www.paddypower.com/bet/gaa-sp...ll-star-awards

Harnedy available at 1/80. Five midfielders are odds on. Worst market ever!
                                                Not much value in any of the bets alright, Shane o Neill a bit big at 1.22 though, thought he'd be one of the nailed on ones.

Also anyone think Cronin might be a bit too big to be given the nod for the third half forward spot ahead of the Dublin pair, most likely being winning captain and all? Granted he has played pretty far below par this year but the decent Dublin performances will be long forgotten in 3 weeks.
                                                "Don't overcomplicate a straight forward game with mathematical bullshit and dicussing different lines with your geeky friends" Chris Olaafson

Comment

Mayo ht-ft @ 4-6 looks decent to me. Mayo look too slick for Tyrone. Prob best to double it with something though like Everton to beat West Brom @ 8-13.

Comment

Very well done to antrim u-21 hurlers and manager Kevin Ryan on reaching the all Ireland final today beating Wexford in the semi final. No mean feat.

Are you watching Waterford county board?

Comment

Very well done to antrim u-21 hurlers and manager Kevin Ryan on reaching the all Ireland final today beating Wexford in the semi final. No mean feat.

Are you watching Waterford county board?
                                                      Fantastic achievement. Wonder what price they were? Clare toying with Galway in other semi.

Comment

Wexford were -17 in the handicap

Comment

Wexford were -17 in the handicap
                                                          wow. some shock there.

Comment

had to laugh at the clare captain (or man of match) saying looking forward to playing wexford in the final Played good stuff in 2nd half Clare fairly progressing in the hurling good to see.

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                              Fantastic achievement. Wonder what price they were?.

12/1 according to the irish independent

Comment

O'Conor First Goal
                                                                O'Conor First Point
                                                                O'Conor MOTM
                                                                O'Conor 3 or more goals for the lols
                                                                O'Shea MOTM

I hope O'Conor has a big game

Comment

Mayo -4 for me here.

Comment

Not much stands out for me in today's main betting markets. The handicaps look about right and the bookies are all on the Mayo -4 mark. Mayo first goalscorer is the only obvious bet @ 5/6 for me

Comment

I've quite a bit invested in Dublin @ 1/2 to beat Kerry next Sunday.

Comment

Dont see value on Mayo -4 myself so just small bet on Tyrone at 10/3 with PP for the interest

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                          Dont see value on Mayo -4 myself so just small bet on Tyrone at 10/3 with PP for the interest
                                                                          probably bit late but 7/2 on betpack.

Comment

mayo -1 at 11/10 on williamhill there. Missed the pre match betting so joining in on the fun late
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Now I'm wishing I lumped on Tyrone but a great spot to lay

Comment

time to sit back now and enjoy the game
                                                                                You're the biggest bragger I've ever seen Nice shout though wp

I've taken Mayo -2 @ 11/10 in running

Comment

Any thoughts on who Mayo might prefer to meet or do they care?

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                    Any thoughts on who Mayo might prefer to meet or do they care?
                                                                                    If they wouldn't prefer to meet Kerry they'd be pretty dumb.

Comment

Stats on games between Division 1 and Division 4 teams are pretty meaningless. Often these games are decided early and they get messy. Using Kerry's tight defence against Tipp and Waterford as any sort of basis for expecting a low scoring match on Sunday seems flawed. Kerry struggled in defence against both Cork and Cavan when the latter two enjoyed any sort of possession in their respective matches

Personally I can only see this being a high scoring match unless both teams totally underperform. I struggle to see defences getting on top given the two lineups and style of play adopted by both teams. I've snapped up the overs of 34.5 offered by Bet365. I'm also on Dublin @ 1/2 from earlier. However the bet for me is Dublin @ 8/15 to win the second half with PP

Comment

Kerry 9/4...yes please
                                                                                        "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Wp again hayes

Comment

On the draw in running here @ 6/1 , some game of football.

Comment

Waterford minors are 5/6 with PP to score over 1.5 goals.

They have played 6 games in this years championship and have failed to hit this target only once - in their first game v Tipp. In total over the 6 games they have scored 18 goals and absolutely love raising that green flag.

Scoring record to date

v Tipp 1-15
                                                                                              v Clare 4-18
                                                                                              v Cork 3-19
                                                                                              v Limerick 2-19
                                                                                              v Limerick 4-8 (replay)
                                                                                              v Antrim 4-20
                                                                                              Boyles go an excellent 5/4 on Waterford minors to score more than 1.5 goals on Sunday. Further to my post before the semi final they once again beat the 1.5 goals in the game against Kilkenny, and had the 2 goals in the first 15 mins

Snaffle a max bet please

EDIT - already into 6/5. Still plenty valoooooo
                                                                                              Last edited by KevIRL; 05-09-13, 23:05.

Comment

I am loving the hype about Clare. I am also laughing at the pundits putting forward the 'Davy Fitz factor' and what edge him managing them will give them over Cork. Laughable that some people are choosing to ignore that the opposing manager is JBM! Anyway, I would have Cork as 4 point favourites. I think the 10/11 is an outrageously good price. For all that Clare are very good side you can lose sight of the fact that Limerick didn't show up in the Semi Final and hit more wides than you could care to count.

I also have some of the no longer available 1/2 under 3.5 and 10/11 under 2.5 goals. The 2/5 under 3.5 goals that is out there is still the wrong price and represents value if you are interested in it.
                                                                                                clare on much steeper upward curve than cork game to game. Think you have to factor this in very much so. Don't like this game as a betting proposition. If clare improve up a another notch again then how could you bet against them. If anything thought Clare were value at (earlier price) of 11/8.

Trying temper any bias in my analysis but pretty sure this is by no means an 'outrageous price' on cork as Gimmeabreak suggests despite his many recent very impressive GAA calls.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                                  clare on much steeper upward curve than cork game to game. Think you have to factor this in very much so. Don't like this game as a betting proposition. If clare improve up a another notch again then how could you bet against them. If anything thought Clare were value at (earlier price) of 11/8.

Trying temper any bias in my analysis but pretty sure this is by no means an 'outrageous price' on cork as Gimmeabreak suggests despite his many recent very impressive GAA calls.
                                                                                                  Gimmeabreak is Early Edition imo! That guy who gets tomorrows paper today! Deranged heater-regiously max punted most of his stuff and found myself actually having money for a change!
                                                                                                  Not going to stop now even if I am inclined to agree with you. It is a game to steer well clear of for me. Theoretically at least!

Comment

Boyles go an excellent 5/4 on Waterford minors to score more than 1.5 goals on Sunday. Further to my post before the semi final they once again beat the 1.5 goals in the game against Kilkenny, and had the 2 goals in the first 15 mins

Snaffle a max bet please

EDIT - already into 6/5. Still plenty valoooooo

Sigh, bet bollixed by an excellent Galway keeper who made 3 fantastic saves.

Still, a fantastic day for Waterford minors and Waterford hurling in general so a great day nonetheless

Comment

Just an FYI for anyone interested. Bishopstown are 5/2 in the Cork SFC Semi final v Nemo Rangers (Sunday @ 4.45).
                                                                                                      Think that line is way off myself having watched both teams play all through the c/ship. B'town have scored an average of 24 points in their last 2 games against 2 decent teams. Nemo have struggled through somewhat, winning a dour 0-12 to 1-7 1/4 final against Douglas.
                                                                                                      I think the perception that Nemo hold sway over their city rivals is influencing the market somewhat (indeed I'd love to know where PP get their local GAA info from) and would make this game a very close call, so have had a punt on B'town given the good odds. Just said I'd spread the word..and then disappear when things go pear shaped.
                                                                                                      "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                        Just an FYI for anyone interested. Bishopstown are 5/2 in the Cork SFC Semi final v Nemo Rangers (Sunday @ 4.45).
                                                                                                        Think that line is way off myself having watched both teams play all through the c/ship. B'town have scored an average of 24 points in their last 2 games against 2 decent teams. Nemo have struggled through somewhat, winning a dour 0-12 to 1-7 1/4 final against Douglas.
                                                                                                        I think the perception that Nemo hold sway over their city rivals is influencing the market somewhat (indeed I'd love to know where PP get their local GAA info from) and would make this game a very close call, so have had a punt on B'town given the good odds. Just said I'd spread the word..and then disappear when things go pear shaped.
                                                                                                        You can get 7/1 on them lifting the cup, is this not the better bet, even if you lay it off?
                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Nemo 1-8 Bishops 6points at the minute.

Never listening to you again, for at least two days!
                                                                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Have you decided who you are going to give the Sam maguire to GAB?

Comment

I was hoping you wouldn't say that! Won't be able to follow you in on the main bets but will follow your overs advice!

Comment

Anyone know for sure what the rules for eligibility for Young Player of the Year are?

Comment

Anyone know for sure what the rules for eligibility for Young Player of the Year are?
                                                                                                                  Must be eligible for u21 in the current year afaik
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I'm really just asking whether Cillian O'Connor is eligible I guess!

Comment

Pretty sure he turned 21 this year so should be.

should most certainly win it
                                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

PP have it up, he is third fav?

4/1 lump?
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                          PP have it up, he is third fav?

4/1 lump?
                                                                                                                          I would think that if you fancy Mayo to win the game then 4/1 is value, I'm sure his odds will shorten if Mayo get over the line, regardless of his performance, once he doesn't get sent off etc?
                                                                                                                          Just a thought

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X