GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
    I've lumped on Tyrone to chin Monaghan tomorrow. There's no way they're going to get mugged the way Donegal were by a fired up team who overperformed on the day and caught them cold. I've taken Tyrone -1 @5/6 with Boyles and -2 11/10 with PP. Back to reality for Monaghan tomorrow

I'm also on Mayo -1 @ 11/10 with Skybet and Kerry -5 @ evens with William Hill
    agree 100% with the tyrone shout

unders too
    GAA News Website

Comment

Yeah I'm having a pop on Tyrone, mayo and a little bit on a double and confident with both
      airport, lol

Comment

Biggest gambling weekend of the year so far for me.

Tyrone -1 30% of the tank
        Dublin straight win 70% of the tank

Small bets on unders in the 1st game and overs in the second.

Straight double on Dublin/Tyrone

This weekend or today in particular will make or break the gamboooling year. Lets go

Comment

Looks like its Monaghan and me then lol.
          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

No bet but I'd love to see Monaghan win. If Tyrone start the second half with more than 13 men its a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
              No bet but I'd love to see Monaghan win. If Tyrone start the second half with more than 13 men its a joke.
              Just headin into Croker John, hopefully the shock will be out of the way in the first match

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                Just headin into Croker John, hopefully the shock will be out of the way in the first match
                IMO I don't think you have anything to worry about hope it's the cracker it should be.

Comment

why did I have to be greedy and go with -2 in the handicap sdknfskldgnsdfg
                  cork +3 just because I want Dublin to lose/have a big sweat
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                    Biggest gambling weekend of the year so far for me.

Tyrone -1 30% of the tank
                    Dublin straight win 70% of the tank

Small bets on unders in the 1st game and overs in the second.

Straight double on Dublin/Tyrone

This weekend or today in particular will make or break the gamboooling year. Lets go

Comment

Wheres next backpacking trip?

Comment

Waterford minors are 5/6 with PP to score over 1.5 goals.

They have played 6 games in this years championship and have failed to hit this target only once - in their first game v Tipp. In total over the 6 games they have scored 18 goals and absolutely love raising that green flag.

Scoring record to date

v Tipp 1-15
                        v Clare 4-18
                        v Cork 3-19
                        v Limerick 2-19
                        v Limerick 4-8 (replay)
                        v Antrim 4-20

Comment

It's a bit late thus year with a lot if the value gone but next year I think we should look into setting up shares like mellor had for the MMA! With our combined hurling and football knowledge it could be a very interesting and enjoyable project

Comment

Not if we're directly contradicting each other, might as well flip a coin.

Comment

I think we've been on the same side most if the time this year. Maybe a committee wouldn't be a bad option as we could talk out our options

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                I think Cork will edge it on Sunday against Dublin - they should be backed at Evens. Additionally,

Cork YTD
                                0 - 23 v 0- 15 Clare
                                0 - 15 v 0 - 24 Lmk
                                0 - 19 v 0 - 14 KK

Dublin YTD
                                1 - 17 v 1 - 17 Wex
                                1 - 17 v 0 - 12 Wex
                                0 - 17 v 1 - 14 KK
                                1 - 16 v 0 - 16 KK
                                2 - 25 v 2 - 13 Gal

Basically I think Corks biggest strength is their full back line, they also have alot of strength in midfield/half forwards who are comfortable taking points from out the field - not alot gets into their full forward line and they no longer have a Joe Deane type that can nab goals. Dublin also don't score an awful lot of goals or give up many either. I think the game is set up for very few goals

Under 3.5 Goals is the grade A Stonking 5 star nap at 8/15 with Boyles.
                                Under 2.5 Goals is the value at 6/5 with Boyles.
                                Both Teams NOT to score a goal at 6/4 with Boyles.
                                Dublin No goals at 3/1 with Boyles is value - I rate Corks last line very very highly.
                                No Match goals at 12/1 with Boyles is worth a little nibble.
                                GAB you obv know considerably more than me re sports betting but I would like to know why you are citing the form lines to support your belief that cork will win? Do you really think Corks form is more impressive than Dublin's thus far?
                                Last edited by shano1888; 10-08-13, 00:43.

Comment

Cork can be got at 11/10 in the betpack shops.

Comment

so the lads who do all the work should set up a shares thing, were they spend more time getting on bets which are tough enough to get on anwyays

and then - if those who they are staking for dont like the bet disagree, we should have a comittee - fuk it, lets go for a full out tribunal!!

ha

seriously though - considering the paltry GAA market and the amounts it takes to change a price, theres very little benefit for those who are doing well to go into such a "shares" option - within monetary reasons anyways
                                    GAA News Website

Comment

I think Cork will edge it on Sunday against Dublin - they should be backed at Evens. Additionally,

Cork YTD
                                      0 - 23 v 0- 15 Clare
                                      0 - 15 v 0 - 24 Lmk
                                      0 - 19 v 0 - 14 KK

Dublin YTD
                                      1 - 17 v 1 - 17 Wex
                                      1 - 17 v 0 - 12 Wex
                                      0 - 17 v 1 - 14 KK
                                      1 - 16 v 0 - 16 KK
                                      2 - 25 v 2 - 13 Gal

Basically I think Corks biggest strength is their full back line, they also have alot of strength in midfield/half forwards who are comfortable taking points from out the field - not alot gets into their full forward line and they no longer have a Joe Deane type that can nab goals. Dublin also don't score an awful lot of goals or give up many either. I think the game is set up for very few goals

Dublin No goals at 3/1 with Boyles is value - I rate Corks last line very very highly.
                                      Still in Galway, Day 14 of the trip, so obviously in no position to critique your positions. However, I'm pleased to advise the No Match Goals remains 16/1 on WH, even after my meagre €60 on it.

Comment

Just a quick one lads in the Kildare SFC

Confey 7/4 v St Laurences 4/7 on Paddy Power

Confey beat St Laurences 6-10 to 1-06 when playing for a Div 1 league final place 2 weeks ago. One to stick in the accumulator for sure.

Comment

am joining this no goals theme for 50 there lads, let's hope all our weekends are great and goalless. Was gonna avoid betting but I actually thought <2.50 for sure and probably <1.50 so 16/1 for no goals is a must bet
                                          gl lads

edit: also have €8 treble on this + united-1 + confey above. Just for the sweats
                                          Last edited by mdoug; 10-08-13, 15:04.
                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I am not.

Not Necessarily, but I think it is incredibly close and for various reasons I give Cork the narrow nod.
                                            Fair enough, use of word 'additionally' led me to believe you were using it to support your arguments.

Comment

I think we've been on the same side most if the time this year. Maybe a committee wouldn't be a bad option as we could talk out our options
                                              very gaa of you ...

Comment

I'm on Cork @ evens and 5/4[Stan James] and also on the no goals @ 16's. I can see this being a tight defensive game so often so have also taken the unders for total aggregate score. The line is 41.5pts with Bet365 and pays 10/11 compared with Boyles 42.5 @ 5/6. Finally I expect Cork to start sharply just like their last 2 matches while Dublin may be a bit slow out of the block given their long lay off. In light of this I think 5/2 with Laddies for a Cork ht/ft is worth taking

Comment

On Confey -1 @11/4 for a bit.

Cork -2 @6/4

Dublin goal under -0.5 @11/4

No goalscorer @10/1

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post

No goalscorer @10/1
                                                    Not sure where you are getting this, but PP have no goalscorer at 11/1 and a MBS if Pat Horgan gets the first score of the game

Still cant see the Cork love though, gonna go in again on Dublin and a Waterford/Dublin double

Comment

dublin -4 for me boys @11/4 pp's..i think the dubs will hammer cork..

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                        Not sure where you are getting this, but PP have no goalscorer at 11/1 and a MBS if Pat Horgan gets the first score of the game

Still cant see the Cork love though, gonna go in again on Dublin and a Waterford/Dublin double

Cork -2 @6/4

No goalscorer @10/1
                                                        Would ye invest in a neteller or something lads - 14/1 on bet365 no goalscorer and 16/1 on WH for no goals

I'm expecting a very tight game so that's the only reason I can't see goals happening as the points will be too valuable - but I know nothing just living on a prayer so just take my hand and we'll make it I swear
                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Cork YTD
                                                          0 - 23 v 0- 15 Clare
                                                          0 - 15 v 0 - 24 Lmk
                                                          0 - 19 v 0 - 14 KK

Dublin YTD
                                                          1 - 17 v 1 - 17 Wex
                                                          1 - 17 v 0 - 12 Wex
                                                          0 - 17 v 1 - 14 KK
                                                          1 - 16 v 0 - 16 KK
                                                          2 - 25 v 2 - 13 Gal

Both teams not to score and no match goals ! What am I missing here? Same bet?
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

All over cork here better team imo! Dublin beat a brutel Galway team and a kilkenny team way off the pace where as cork done all the hurling against limerick and should of been 5/6 points up at half time and wit the sending off where still in the game with 15 mins to go! I like them -1 at 5/4
                                                            https://twitter.com/#!/TedCullinane1

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                              Both teams not to score and no match goals ! What am I missing here? Same bet?
                                                              Both teams not to score = one team can score, bet loses only if both teams score.

Comment

Along with my previously mentioned Waterford goals overs I'm taking Waterford to win @ evs and DJ Foran worth a shout for first goal at 16/1 in the minor match

Comment

Waterford minors are 5/6 with PP to score over 1.5 goals.

They have played 6 games in this years championship and have failed to hit this target only once - in their first game v Tipp. In total over the 6 games they have scored 18 goals and absolutely love raising that green flag.

Scoring record to date

v Tipp 1-15
                                                                  v Clare 4-18
                                                                  v Cork 3-19
                                                                  v Limerick 2-19
                                                                  v Limerick 4-8 (replay)
                                                                  v Antrim 4-20
                                                                  Just took 14 mins. Free money

Comment

Along with my previously mentioned Waterford goals overs I'm taking Waterford to win @ evs and DJ Foran worth a shout for first goal at 16/1 in the minor match
                                                                    Great return from the minor game, pity Foran got the second goal and not the first mind.

Now come on Dublin...

Ref was fuckin ridiculous though

Comment

On board the under 2.5 match goals train.
                                                                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Great return from the minor game, pity Foran got the second goal and not the first mind.

Now come on Dublin...

Ref was fuckin ridiculous though
                                                                        Said the same after Wednesday night and was accused of sour grapes, the guy just loves the sound of he's whistle and been the centre of attention

Comment

Anywhere to follow Confey St. Laurence updates?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                            Local radio stations would be your best option there I'd imagine. This should help you

Comment

Haven't had a Gaa bet all summer but Dublin at 5/4 is a crazy price. Close to max bet for me.

Comment

you'll get someone on twitter just look up #confey #kildaregaa #or #lgfc something like that
                                                                                twitter
                                                                                moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                  Haven't had a Gaa bet all summer but Dublin at 5/4 is a crazy price. Close to max bet for me.
                                                                                  Not sure how anyone could call this a max bet for either team tbh, its a complete coin flip, my only inkling to lean towards Cork is the JBM influence

Comment

Larries 0-9 Confey 2-3 atm
                                                                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Lads just a heads up, after great weeping and gnashing of teeth I've finally managed to get our server moved over on LiveGaelic, it's been holding up pretty well so far today, be great if any of ye are using it and come upon any problems if ye could let me know.

Getting carpel tunnel trying to update the Cork vs Dublin game!

Comment

WTF, v surprised at this

Waterford GAA ‏@WaterfordGAA 18m

Michael Ryan has officially informed Waterford Co Board that he will Not be seeking the position of Senior Hurling Team Manager for 2014.

Comment

WTF, v surprised at this

Waterford GAA ‏@WaterfordGAA 18m

Michael Ryan has officially informed Waterford Co Board that he will Not be seeking the position of Senior Hurling Team Manager for 2014.
                                                                                          Surprised as well but it must be said there was a lot within Waterford who never really gave him a fair crack of the whip.

Whatever ye do Kev don't even dream of allowing that minor management team get involved, I have seen the Waterford minors now 4 times this year, they have been the better team on each occasion but through bizzare tactics and even worse decision making from the players they have almost contrived to lose every single one of those games.

Comment

Confey 2-13 St Laurences 1-14 Result

Laurences were 1/10 in running at one point in the 2nd half!
                                                                                            Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Cork -2 @6/4

No goalscorer @10/1
                                                                                              Hon the parish!!! weeeeeeeee Very close second half and two late points for confey to seal it
                                                                                              Much much closer than the league game few weeks back that's for sure.

Lucky with Cork too.

Comment

A wonderful conquest sodomised beyong belief by an absurd pair of bookings. Can anyone in the fucking world say that man deserved to be sent ofF the field of play today.

PLEASE FUCK OFF AND DIE ALL THOSE BUZZ WORD MERCHANTS CUNTS CONSTANTLY SPOUTING ON RE CYNISM;thus putting ludicrious pressure on refs which leads to be above,crippling what GAA games are all about, go back to watching Celtic games in the corner you utter shower of fucking cunts.

I think Cork would have pipped it regardless but to see a game spoilt like that TILTS ME BEYONG FUCKING BELIEF.

RAGE.

Comment

Fucking unbelievable game of hurling!

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                                                                    A wonderful conquest sodomised beyong belief by an absurd pair of bookings. Can anyone in the fucking world say that man deserved to be sent ofF the field of play today.

PLEASE FUCK OFF AND DIE ALL THOSE BUZZ WORD MERCHANTS CUNTS CONSTANTLY SPOUTING ON RE CYNISM;thus putting ludicrious pressure on refs which leads to be above,crippling what GAA games are all about, go back to watching Celtic games in the corner you utter shower of fucking cunts.

I think Cork would have pipped it regardless but to see a game spoilt like that TILTS ME BEYONG FUCKING BELIEF.

RAGE.
                                                                                                    it did seem very harsh to be fair but a late shoulder to the chest is a yellow, lol at the ref feeling guilty and not going for the second sending off tho!
                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                      am joining this no goals theme for 50 there lads, let's hope all our weekends are great and goalless. Was gonna avoid betting but I actually thought <2.50 for sure and probably <1.50 so 16/1 for no goals is a must bet
                                                                                                      gl lads

edit: also have €8 treble on this + united-1 + confey above. Just for the sweats
                                                                                                      Stupid going for goal, should have stuck to the points and let me collect my 1700
                                                                                                      Made a bit back after I bet on overs but a loss on the day and I can't call the next game either . I actually thought Cork were going to beat Limerick in the munster too but I can't bet against Limerick hmmm
                                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                        Stupid going for goal, should have stuck to the points and let me collect my 1700
                                                                                                        Made a bit back after I bet on overs but a loss on the day and I can't call the next game either . I actually thought Cork were going to beat Limerick in the munster too but I can't bet against Limerick hmmm
                                                                                                        For a man on the dole 1700 would be a decent result.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post
                                                                                                          For a man on the dole 1700 would be a decent result.
                                                                                                          It would be a decent result for anyone, what he's employment status has to do with it is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                            It would be a decent result for anyone, what he's employment status has to do with it is beyond me
                                                                                                            Well it was a joke but now your making it not?
                                                                                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 11-08-13, 17:34.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                              Ah now it wasn't a joke, it was a dig. People need to stop quoting him though, getting sick of having to read the blocked messages around here
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

it wasn't a joke and he has been constantly taking cheap swipes at Doug, and its a bit pathetic, Doug is right though I shouldn't have quoted him, best just to ignore.

Comment

Take the crap talk to the BBV or twitter lads. This is a serious[ish] thread where we talk about GAA and how to make money from it. It's been highly successful and we don't need it derailed by idiots. Cheers

Comment

Was tempted by a cork mayo outright double yesterday. Bottled it tho .
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Was tempted by a cork mayo outright double yesterday. Bottled it tho .

I wouldn't worry Mayo probably will too. Cork best priced 4/5 now

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                                                        I wouldn't worry Mayo probably will too. Cork best priced 4/5 now
                                                                                                                        I really hope your wrong but their track record isn't good. I said a couple of weeks ago if mayo don't win an all this year it's hard to see it ever happening.

Cork were 5/2 before today I believe
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X