Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
    Any bets from the Gaa guru's for today?

What you think on the London spread this week conspicuous ?
    I don't think Cavan will beat it tbh.

My bets this weekend

London +12
    Meath

Comment

On London+12 Galway +7.think I am more worried about Galway than London.
      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Cavan will beat it if they want to, could be an almerciful thumping against a piss poor intercounty outfit, probably the worst ever to reach this stage since the qualifiers came into being in 2001.

Galway look overrated and play an underrated Cork team who should unleash hell tonight, Cork -5.5 looks Nap material.

Hopefully Meath will win. They look to have just about have the best starting 15 but their bench looks weaker than Tyrones. 11/4 is good value.
        Last edited by Arazi; 27-07-13, 14:27.

Comment

On Cavan -12 , reckon they can easily win -15.

On Tyrone, Van Geren and Munich @3/1 for a bt

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
            Cavan will beat it if they want to, could be an almerciful thumping against a piss poor intercounty outfit, probably the worst ever to reach this stage since the qualifiers came into being in 2001.

Galway look overrated and play an underrated Cork team who should unleash hell tonight, Cork -5.5 looks Nap material.

Hopefully Meath will win. They look to just about have the best starting 15 but their bench looks weaker than Tyrones. 11/4 is good value.
            London 1-2 Cavan 7points after 20 mins looks like they are puting up some resistance, Cavan had to play extra time last week will be interesting to see who finishes the strongest.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser soze View Post
              London 1-2 Cavan 7points after 20 mins looks like they are puting up some resistance, Cavan had to play extra time last week will be interesting to see who finishes the strongest.
              1-6 to 0-9 now. London looking like there going to hold the spread anyway. Be interesting to see if they can push on to win

Comment

All square at h/t,London dominating midfield after getting the goal Cavan seem to be believing there own hipe.

Comment

Having a go on London at 11/1

Comment

LOL, Cavan lad missed an open goal from 2 yards.

Comment

All square cork Galway 5 mins left looks like 6 point spread covered their to. SHIP SHIP.

Comment

Sounded like a cracking game at Croker. Galway v unlucky to be on the losing side by the sound of things but plenty of positives to build on from the qualifier campaign.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah sounded good alright, decent enough year for galway now considering what happened against Mayo.What is the story with fuck all games been shown this year, will they just not pay for the games or what is the story, surely 3 games in croker at least 2 should be shown on TV.Came in from the sun a couple of weeks ago to watch down/derry and it wasn't even shown on tv.

Comment

I see Kerry have been given a bye into the Semis. Mayo v Donegal looks the pick of the draw.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              I see Kerry have been given a bye into the Semis. Mayo v Donegal looks the pick of the draw.
                              Great draw for us alright.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

For anyone from Cavan, this is gas

Comment

Also, we will give Kerry lots of trouble, rather them than Dublin or Mayo

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    Boyles have gone 1/2 on Dublin to beat Cork - surely the best 1/2 shot you are going to find?
                                    Was at the Cork v Galway match today, Cork were ridiculously superior, on another they'd have won by 10, they should have had 4 or 5 goals before they got one. I'd fancy them to beat Dublin.

Comment

I must have been at a different game??

Comment

Nah I'd say you just dont know what you're looking at.

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                          I must have been at a different game??
                                          Obv a bit of wounded pride involved.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Was at the Cork v Galway match today, Cork were ridiculously superior, on another they'd have won by 10, they should have had 4 or 5 goals before they got one. I'd fancy them to beat Dublin.
                                            lol were you in croke park today...only one winner for 60 mins
                                            hint..not cork
                                            Last edited by reilly110; 28-07-13, 02:00.

Comment

Hi Ciaran,
                                              Don't think we've ever met but I've agreed with pretty much every assessment you've ever been kind enough to share with us here in terms of GAA and you're the last man I ever thought I'd fancy tackling for a few bob in that arena.
                                              On this occasion, however, I'd be pleased to oppose you if you can't get enough on with Victor Chandler. Anything up to 2 grand @ 12/5. Happy to escrow with Gimmeabreak, or any other mutual friend you care to nominate.
                                              KP

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                Hi Ciaran,
                                                Don't think we've ever met but I've agreed with pretty much every assessment you've ever been kind enough to share with us here in terms of GAA and you're the last man I ever thought I'd fancy tackling for a few bob in that arena.
                                                On this occasion, however, I'd be pleased to oppose you if you can't get enough on with Victor Chandler. Anything up to 2 grand @ 12/5. Happy to escrow with Gimmeabreak, or any other mutual friend you care to nominate.
                                                KP
                                                PM sent

Comment

For the purposes of transparency on these boards, we've booked 2400/1k.
                                                  COYBIB!

Comment

Small bet on Cork today at 10/3. I would have them 5/2 or thereabouts.
                                                    Any value in Monaghan(2/1) v Tyrone and/or Donegal(6/4) v Mayo in the football QFs?

Comment

I think Cork are worth a bet at 10/3 today. Kilkenny not going too good this year and just scraped past an average Waterford side last time out

Comment

Originally posted by the downey View Post
                                                        I think Cork are worth a bet at 10/3 today. Kilkenny not going too good this year and just scraped past an average Waterford side last time out
                                                        I see Kilkenny falling over the line every single game this year.

The simple fact is Cork have not shown much this year outside of the first league game v Tipp. Beating Clare was a good sign but the standard of hurling that day was not of the highest order.
                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Hi Ciaran,
                                                          KP
                                                          It's funny when I generally agree with someone and then have one where were complete opposites I generally ease off a bit. I like the confidence KP!

Comment

Originally posted by smoothcall View Post
                                                            I like the confidence KP!
                                                            +1 love it KP

Comment

No bets for me today I think the lines are too tight. Also I couldn't punt yesterday either because its gotten to a stage where if Meath are playing I can't view other matches on the same day objectively.

IMO KP has the best of that bet with Ciaran. If I was pricing it I'd have it at Dublin 2/7. There are a plethora of reasons for this but it basically boils down to Dublin having the exact tools to counteract corks main threats. Adding to this cork have a solid but relatively old half back line. I think this will be the chink in the armour that ultimately costs them as Dublin move with savage pace. I think Dublin will win by 5 but I'd prob only punt on anything -2/3

Comment

Heavy shower on the field to swing it to a more physical kilkenny side?
                                                                Never thought id be cheering on a cork team anyone but Kilkenny for an all ireland please.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                  Heavy shower on the field to swing it to a more physical kilkenny side?
                                                                  Never thought id be cheering on a cork team anyone but Kilkenny for an all ireland please.
                                                                  Cork ahead by 4 after 20 mins and winning the physical battles

Comment

Cork ahead by 4 after 20 mins and winning the physical battles
                                                                    A stopped clock is right two times a day.
                                                                    KK not looking at the races at all.
                                                                    But surely cant keep missing points like they ahve been doing.

Comment

Pimms and cigars for the second half I presume!

Comment

Backed Galway @ 9-2, blinded by loyalty most like but Tannian and Cyril Donnellan could make a big impact off the bench. I expect it to be closer than 7 pts at the end anyway.

Comment

So frustrating to be a Galway supporter, more than enough talent to win today. I don't know if rumours about serious divisions along club lines in the panel are true or not but they definitely don't play as a team anyway. Clare a far more cohesive unit.

I don't really like kneejerk reactions because we have changed our manager far too much in the past but the lack of a gameplan doesn't reflect well on AC. Clare's gameplan wasn't exactly a surprise yet we still fired aimless ball up to isolated outnumbered forwards. Our support play was terrible and our defence nowhere close to the form of 2012. Tony Og Regan mightn't be the best no.6 in Ireland but he's the best in Galway (actually John Lee is the best but that's another story) and shouldn't have been dropped this year.

Feel most sorry for Damien Hayes, an incredible servant and unsung hero worthy of a Celtic Cross.
                                                                          Last edited by NiceandcoolTrig; 28-07-13, 16:52.

Comment

Lumping on Dublin @ evs to beat Cork, I think its fantastic value, Dublin have looked really on their game throughout the championship to date and probably a bit too much is being read into Cork beating KK today, Cork's over reliance on Horgan will have been noted by Anthony Daly and I'd expect him to have a plan for Horgan, will be difficult to see where Cork can get the scores if Horgan is kept quiet

Also like Clare @ 11/8 v Limerick, think this one should be closer to evs. Davy has them extremely fit and they have a lot of game time under their belt. They seem extremely hungry and there has to be a decent chance Limerick could over celebrate the Munster title.

Double on these 2 as well as 2 singles

Comment

Backing Cork +4, Cork straight win, Clare straight win today.

Good work, you had Limerick backed for the Munster final too. Well played

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Lumping on Dublin @ evs to beat Cork, I think its fantastic value, Dublin have looked really on their game throughout the championship to date and probably a bit too much is being read into Cork beating KK today, Cork's over reliance on Horgan will have been noted by Anthony Daly and I'd expect him to have a plan for Horgan, will be difficult to see where Cork can get the scores if Horgan is kept quiet

Also like Clare @ 11/8 v Limerick, think this one should be closer to evs. Davy has them extremely fit and they have a lot of game time under their belt. They seem extremely hungry and there has to be a decent chance Limerick could over celebrate the Munster title.

Double on these 2 as well as 2 singles
                                                                                I really like Clare at this price too and concur with your reasoning. I'm a little concerned about Dublin's long break since the Leinster final though and feel this might work against them

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                  Small bet on Cork today at 10/3. I would have them 5/2 or thereabouts.
                                                                                  Any value in Monaghan(2/1) v Tyrone and/or Donegal(6/4) v Mayo in the football QFs?
                                                                                  Value in Monaghan, should be about 6/4 imo, think Donegal @ 6/4 ia about right.

Comment

Dublin @ 2/1 to win SFC looks ridiculous to me following Saturdays 1/4 draw, I don't think it could have panned out worse. First of all they're drawn against Cork (more on that later) but then subject to winning that the chances of avoiding Kerry look rather slim. So the Dubs now must probably beat Cork, Kerry and one of Donegal/Mayo/Tyrone to win, 2/1 no thanks.

So what of Dublin V Cork? I think it's very difficult to call. Dublin look like a very impressive attacking force and indeed they are, they're built to attack from their half back line forward but they do have weaknesses and IMO of all the teams left in the Championship it's Cork who are best equipped to expose them.
                                                                                    Dublins midfield look suspect, wtf Cian O'Sullivan was doing at centre field against Meath is beyond me, Cork look set to dominate here, I'd love it if they dropped Ciaran Sheehan out to the 40 so he could float out around the middle and aid Pierce O'Neill on his rampages forward, can Dublins mobile speedy halfbacks stop these giants running straight at them? I dunno.
                                                                                    Meath also totally showed up the Dubs full back line.
                                                                                    So the Dubs have an awesome forward threat (especially Connolly & Mannion) and real mobility around halfback and midfield, how do you stop this? You do this by comprehensively winning the battle for Primary possession, Cork IF they're up for it are well equipped to do this.
                                                                                    At 12/5 they are definitely worth taking a chance on.

Comment

Dublin @ 2/1 to win SFC looks ridiculous to me following Saturdays 1/4 draw, I don't think it could have panned out worse. First of all they're drawn against Cork (more on that later) but then subject to winning that the chances of avoiding Kerry look rather slim. So the Dubs now must probably beat Cork, Kerry and one of Donegal/Mayo/Tyrone to win, 2/1 no thanks.

So what of Dublin V Cork? I think it's very difficult to call. Dublin look like a very impressive attacking force and indeed they are, they're built to attack from their half back line forward but they do have weaknesses and IMO of all the teams left in the Championship it's Cork who are best equipped to expose them.
                                                                                      Dublins midfield look suspect, wtf Cian O'Sullivan was doing at centre field against Meath is beyond me, Cork look set to dominate here, I'd love it if they dropped Ciaran Sheehan out to the 40 so he could float out around the middle and aid Pierce O'Neill on his rampages forward, can Dublins mobile speedy halfbacks stop these giants running straight at them? I dunno.
                                                                                      So the Dubs have an awesome forward threat (especially Connolly & Mannion) and real mobility around halfback and midfield, how do you stop this? You do this by comprehensively winning the battle for Primary possession, Cork IF they're up for it are well equipped to do this.
                                                                                      Grand at 2s the Dubs footballers please!

Comment

Grand at 2s the Dubs footballers please!
                                                                                        Ha, that's a bet if you want it.

Comment

Ha, that's a bet if you want it.
                                                                                          booked

Comment

all duck or no dinner for kp...nice

Comment

It's a tough draw for the Dubs alright, 2/1 does seem a bit short to me. It's a similar type of draw that Donegal had in last years AI.

As they are 1/2 against Cork in the 1/4s, what would people price them at vs Kerry in the semis and finally Donegal/Mayo in the final?

Would it be worth laying them for Sam and backing them to win their other matches?

Say for example you lay them at 2/1 and then back them at say for example 1/2 in the other 3 matches you end up getting 2.375/1.

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post
                                                                                                It's a tough draw for the Dubs alright, 2/1 does seem a bit short to me. It's a similar type of draw that Donegal had in last years AI.

As they are 1/2 against Cork in the 1/4s, what would people price them at vs Kerry in the semis and finally Donegal/Mayo in the final?

Would it be worth laying them for Sam and backing them to win their other matches?

Say for example you lay them at 2/1 and then back them at say for example 1/2 in the other 3 matches you end up getting 2.375/1.
                                                                                                Yeah unless they completely obliterate Cork it's hard to envisage the accumulative prices being less than the current 2/1. Do think it's the strongest Dublin team in my lifetime though, imo better than the mid 90's Redmond Stynes and co, reckon McCarthy Mannion Flynn and Kilkenny could be prolific all stars in years to come.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I'm on Dublin 1/2 to beat Cork footballers
                                                                                                  Clare 11/8 v Limerick
                                                                                                  Cork hurlers evens v Dublin

Comment

Monaghan too big at 2/1 in football
                                                                                                    Dublin too big at 1/2 in football

The Dublin hurling formline of beating KK and Galway has been shown to be dubious. They also drew with Wexford. I think Cork will win this and am happy to back them at evens. I think Cork have an exceptional full back line along with key players out field. It will be close but I side with Cork.

I think the Clare v Limerick is v v close. I think Clare bring a level of intensity to the game that will edge it for them - I also think they are honing their style of play with time. It looked like swiss cheese early in the year but they are getting better. I actually think conceding that silly goal through a bad short pass across the full back line today will stand to them. They may begin to play more direct from that deep which will stand to them.
                                                                                                    As a long suffering Dublin hurling supporter, it pains me to have to agree with Noel on this one. While the success in Leinster makes this year a success, it now looks as if it came at the expense of two teams that for different reasons were playing well below previous levels.
                                                                                                    While they have had the advantage of a break, this hasn't always worked in their favour. The only goo point is I was equally pessimistic going into both Kilkenny and Galway matches. Hope I'm wrong again but I can see us getting a right pasting

Comment

Originally posted by digiman View Post

You're not factoring in the possibility of a draw there at all though, which makes it probably not worth the risk.

Comment

dublin > cork
                                                                                                        limerick > clare in extra time

limerick > dublin
                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

As a long suffering Dublin hurling supporter, it pains me to have to agree with Noel on this one. While the success in Leinster makes this year a success, it now looks as if it came at the expense of two teams that for different reasons were playing well below previous levels.
                                                                                                          While they have had the advantage of a break, this hasn't always worked in their favour. The only goo point is I was equally pessimistic going into both Kilkenny and Galway matches. Hope I'm wrong again but I can see us getting a right pasting
                                                                                                          What have Cork shown?? I was at the game yesterday as well as the Munster final and the Cork v Clare match and I have not been all that impressed by them. Clare were naive in their approach and dismal in the second half. I would smash into Clare at evs if they were playing Cork again in the morning. Limerick comprehensively accounted for them in the second half in the Munster final. If Cork kept 15 on the park there was still only going to be one winner and yesterday KK looked extremely jaded.

You can certainly question Dublin's form thus far but Cork have not shown a whole pile imo.

I fancy Dublin to win comfortably and Clare to beat Limerick by a tighter margin.

Comment

wow what a hurling championship. so great that everyone thinks any of the four can make the final and win it.
                                                                                                            I think it will be a Cork v Limerick final myself. (I really hope its a Dublin v Clare final though!)

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                              What have Cork shown?? I was at the game yesterday as well as the Munster final and the Cork v Clare match and I have not been all that impressed by them. Clare were naive in their approach and dismal in the second half. I would smash into Clare at evs if they were playing Cork again in the morning. Limerick comprehensively accounted for them in the second half in the Munster final. If Cork kept 15 on the park there was still only going to be one winner and yesterday KK looked extremely jaded.

You can certainly question Dublin's form thus far but Cork have not shown a whole pile imo.

I fancy Dublin to win comfortably and Clare to beat Limerick by a tighter margin.
                                                                                                              Shano, I hope you are 100% right. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say with certainty that the sending off in the Munster final had no bearing on the result. I am just speaking from horrible past experience that when this Dublin hurling team are expected to win, the weight of expectation seems to drastically affect them.

Kilkenny and Clare last year and Wexford this year all examples. They seem to play with more natural flair when they enter games with a nothing to lose Attitude. Maybe recent wins will help overcome that but having had 5 weeks to over analyse and such a big prize at stake, I feel they could freeze on the day.

Like I say I hope to be prove wrong but from a betting point of view Cork are value here.
                                                                                                              Last edited by horatio1; 29-07-13, 22:03.

Comment

Shano, I hope you are 100% right. I think it's a bit of a stretch to say with certainty that the sending off in the Munster final had no bearing on the result. I am just speaking from horrible past experience that when this Dublin hurling team are expected to win, the weight of expectation seems to drastically affect them.

Kilkenny and Clare last year and Wexford this year all examples. They seem to play with more natural flair when they enter games with a nothing to lose Attitude. Maybe recent wins will help overcome that but having had 5 weeks to over analyse and such a big prize at stake, I feel they could freeze on the day.

Like I say I hope to be prove wrong but from a betting point of view Cork are value here.
                                                                                                                I obviously accept that the sending off had a bearing on the Munster final. It was gearing up to be an absolute monster of a match. However, with the exception of Lorcan McLoughlin, none of the Cork players could live with Limerick in the second half. I don't believe that Horgan's red card was worth 9 points to limerick.

You may have a point with the long lay off for Dublin but sometimes that can be an advantage as well. Regarding expectation, surely there was serious belief within Dublin that ye would win the Leinster final, esp after beating KK? I know Galway were toothless this year but 12 points was some hammering and it could have been a lot more. Clearly the performance of the championship imo.

I totally understand the skepticism and doubt that you must feel as a genuine fan of Dublin hurling but I fail to see how this cork team are value here.

Comment

Has anyone got a problem accessing livegaelic

Comment

Has anyone got a problem accessing livegaelic
                                                                                                                    Copied from FB

Our host (Hostgator) is down widespread - so apologies the site isnt with you at the moment.

We have our proper punter and other previews waiting to go up.

We're changing our server - and with it hopefully saying goodbye to all drops in the site. Apologies for any inconvenience caused. Cheers again for the support!!

**Thank you**

Comment

I've lumped on Tyrone to chin Monaghan tomorrow. There's no way they're going to get mugged the way Donegal were by a fired up team who overperformed on the day and caught them cold. I've taken Tyrone -1 @5/6 with Boyles and -2 11/10 with PP. Back to reality for Monaghan tomorrow

I'm also on Mayo -1 @ 11/10 with Skybet and Kerry -5 @ evens with William Hill

Comment

Will be taking the 9.5/1 outsider double today...
                                                                                                                        "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                                                          I've lumped on Tyrone to chin Monaghan tomorrow. There's no way they're going to get mugged the way Donegal were by a fired up team who overperformed on the day and caught them cold. I've taken Tyrone -1 @5/6 with Boyles and -2 11/10 with PP. Back to reality for Monaghan tomorrow

I'm also on Mayo -1 @ 11/10 with Skybet and Kerry -5 @ evens with William Hill
                                                                                                                          You could well be right about Tyrone but I think a fresh enough Monaghan team will have something to prove today, Tyrone have momentum but those games have to take its toll.If Monaghan can do a job on cavanagh who practically bet Meath on his own they have a real chance I think it will be close but have to take Monaghan at 15/8.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X