No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clare -1 @6/5 v Cork on Sunday (ladbrokes), clobber it and clobber it fast would be my advice.
    Cork are a good few steps behind Clare right now with a full squad, so when you factor in Paudie Sullivans' leg break, Lorcán McLoughlin doing his shoulder in training, Pa Cronin being hospitalised with pneumonia, Jamie Coughlan not having played since February after a hip operation and the poor form of Patrick Horgan who would normally be a huge scoring threat..then I can see Clare winning this by 5+ easily to be honest. The fact they have a game under their belts already only adds weight to this train of thought.
    "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
      Clare -1 @6/5 v Cork on Sunday (ladbrokes), clobber it and clobber it fast would be my advice.
      Cork are a good few steps behind Clare right now with a full squad, so when you factor in Paudie Sullivans' leg break, Lorcán McLoughlin doing his shoulder in training, Pa Cronin being hospitalised with pneumonia, Jamie Coughlan not having played since February after a hip operation and the poor form of Patrick Horgan who would normally be a huge scoring threat..then I can see Clare winning this by 5+ easily to be honest. The fact they have a game under their belts already only adds weight to this train of thought.
      100% agree with this

Comment

Leitrim -2 @ 5/4 and Clare -2 @ 5/4 for me this weekend

Can see both winning by 4+

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          Leitrim -2 @ 5/4 and Clare -2 @ 5/4 for me this weekend

Can see both winning by 4+
          Keep the powder dry on Leitrim IMO, they had to drop Wayne McKeon, Shane Moran and Beirne's off the panel due to disciplinary breaches. They were all first choice AFAIR so that's a serious whack to a very thin panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            Keep the powder dry on Leitrim IMO, they had to drop Wayne McKeon, Shane Moran and Beirne's off the panel due to disciplinary breaches. They were all first choice AFAIR so that's a serious whack to a very thin panel.
            I'll second this. London are definitely up against it heading to Carrick, but for this first time..well ever, really in the modern game, they have the confidence, momentum and fitness (which was always an achilles heel before) to go close here. Have had a little cut off them @15/8 on Boyles.

Elsewhere, have backed Donegal -5 (11/10 on Whill), Waterford -2 @evens v Offaly and have literally emptied the tank on Clare @10/11 v Cork, aswell as the aforementioned Clare -1 @6/5 (ladbrokes).

Edit: Clare -1 is now 11/10 on L'brokes.
            "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Is it just me or are London not the bet of the weekend?

Leitrim have had 7 lads from the panel against New York gone between injury and discipline reasons. 3 lads off that starting team are among them. London have beaten Sligo and have the momentum and are really up for this match. They can create history by reaching the Connacht Final. Leitrim is such a small county and to have 7 lads gone from the panel can be devastating. London have a good quality panel with lads that have vast inter-county experience.

London to Win 15/8 Boyles

Also will have a small bet on London (-1) 13/5 Paddys

Comment

I agree on London 15/8 is a massive price considering recent developments in the Leitrim camp

Comment

I would hold back a little on London ok they will be on a high after the Sligo game but I seen Sligo first hand last year and they are probably one of the worst and most unorganised teams in the country.

I could be wrong prob will be but I would not be punting big on a team after struggling to beat Sligo.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                    I would hold back a little on London ok they will be on a high after the Sligo game but I seen Sligo first hand last year and they are probably one of the worst and most unorganised teams in the country.

I could be wrong prob will be but I would not be punting big on a team after struggling to beat Sligo.
                    Fair points. We're dealing with bottom feeders here so establishing who has a clear advantage in a cripple fight is pretty difficult.

Comment

Well this is probably true but only is a reason to hold off on opposing Leitrim if you think they're any better than Sligo, which I don't think they are!

Comment

I backed Walter Walsh today at 25/1 to win HOTY with Boyles. He was almost unplayable last Sunday and if he maintains this form with high scoring, high profile performances in a team that should be around at the business end of the season he will be in with a shout.

I also backed Cork at evens with PP to win the Munster Hurling final.

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post

I also backed Cork at evens with PP to win the Munster Hurling final.
                          I'm on Limerick at evens. Don't expect them to give up handy scores like Clare did plus they're playing at home. Pretty hard one to call. The home advantage swung it for me though

Comment

Lots of action this weekend in football few bets I've done
                            €250 Derry -4 v Sligo if there has ever been a lump job this is it IMO the bookies are at least 3 points off here. 1/1 with pp

€10 accum
                            Tyrone -7
                            Galway -3
                            Longford -1
                            Meath -1
                            Derry -4
                            Pays 38/1

Comment

€250 Derry -4 v Sligo if there has ever been a lump job this is it IMO the bookies are at least 3 points off here. 1/1 with pp

€10 accum
                              Tyrone -7
                              Galway -3
                              Longford -1
                              Meath -1
                              Derry -4
                              Pays 38/1
                              I apologise in advance for sligo losing you all the dolla
                              airport, lol

Comment

Sup lads
                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                  I apologise in advance for sligo losing you all the dolla
                                  Have they got 15 new players by any chance?

Comment

Tyrone 0-9 Offaly 0-0 after nearly 20 mins.

Comment

Have they got 15 new players by any chance?
                                      ahfuckinheyor
                                      airport, lol

Comment

Dublin -4 @ 11/10 tomorrow with William Hill. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very fast, dynamic high scoring Dublin give Kildare a bit of a trimming.

Comment

Dublin -4 @ 11/10 tomorrow with William Hill. I wouldn't be surprised to see a very fast, dynamic high scoring Dublin give Kildare a bit of a trimming.
                                          No bet for me here but we all know where I stand.

Tyrone 1-27 Offaly 0-8 first part of the bet up.

Comment

Longford win well Galway win by 4 after leading by 9 with 15mins left 3 up so far

Comment

Longford win well Galway win by 4 after leading by 9 with 15mins left 3 up so far

Good luck tomorrow Donk with the other two on your accumulator
                                              Bad luck with Kildare obviously

Comment

Good luck tomorrow Donk with the other two on your accumulator
                                                Bad luck with Kildare obviously
                                                Kildare don't need luck

Comment

Is there any bet on the Dublin game today?

Comment

Dublin first goal is a decent bet. 8/11 on boyles

also sligo @11/2
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                      Is there any bet on the Dublin game today?
                                                      I'm on Dublin -4. I think they have the ability to win by a lot more

Comment

Livegaelic.com site down on a big day of GAA again . They need to get some issues sorted there. Very good service otherwise

Comment

€10 accum
                                                          Tyrone -7
                                                          Galway -3
                                                          Longford -1
                                                          Meath -1
                                                          Derry -4
                                                          Pays 38/1
                                                          Excellent work Donk, wp mate

Comment

Excellent work Donk, wp mate
                                                            Cheers man was a little bit tight in the Galway game pity Kildare couldn't give me something else to cheer about.

Comment

To be played on July 6/7
                                                              Clare v Laois
                                                              Derry v Down
                                                              Roscommon v Tyrone
                                                              Galway v Waterford
                                                              To be played on July 13/14
                                                              Longford v Wexford
                                                              Cavan v Fermanagh
                                                              Kildare v Louth
                                                              Leitrim v Armagh

Comment

Find it hard to see how Kerry can be a 4/6 shot against Cork on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                                                                  Don't think Cork are in good shape this year. Killarney is one of the biggest HFAs in football as well. Think 4/5 is probably about right.

Comment

Originally posted by applehunter View Post
                                                                    How would you price the match ? Given form, ability and Kerry's home record at Killarney I can't see how Kerry could be much longer in betting. 4/5 is best price available on Kerry which I feel is slightly in the punters favour

Comment

What do people think about London +17 [seventeen] @ evens for the Connacht final. Now I don't think London will come near Mayo, I know there's a chance they might be totally overawed by the occasion and the opposition and I rate Mayo very highly this year. However 17 bloody points is some head start and is very rarely seen in gaelic football at any level. Even assuming a good day for May and a difficult one for London surely there will be enough times where Mayo ease off when in cruise control at 13 points up to make this bet profitable. That's before even considering that London do actually have enough ability to be competitive in enough areas to keep the score closer. All things being equal I can't see how Mayo are 17 points better than London on an average day.

Comment

What do people think about London +17 [seventeen] @ evens for the Connacht final. Now I don't think London will come near Mayo, I know there's a chance they might be totally overawed by the occasion and the opposition and I rate Mayo very highly this year. However 17 bloody points is some head start and is very rarely seen in gaelic football at any level. Even assuming a good day for May and a difficult one for London surely there will be enough times where Mayo ease off when in cruise control at 13 points up to make this bet profitable. That's before even considering that London do actually have enough ability to be competitive in enough areas to keep the score closer. All things being equal I can't see how Mayo are 17 points better than London on an average day.
                                                                        I'd find it very hard to argue against +17 on pure numbers. That being said Dublin beat Kildare by 16 points in a game that was competitive-ish for half an hour. Although you could see how Kildare getting the early goal and having had designs on Leinster a couple of years ago could have driven Dublin on to really bury them. Hard not to see Mayo sub-consciously having a bit of compassion for London.

Comment

I'd find it very hard to argue against +17 on pure numbers. That being said Dublin beat Kildare by 16 points in a game that was competitive-ish for half an hour. Although you could see how Kildare getting the early goal and having had designs on Leinster a couple of years ago could have driven Dublin on to really bury them. Hard not to see Mayo sub-consciously having a bit of compassion for London.

Indeed that's partly what makes the bet so attractive on first glance. I'm also being drawn back to Cork v Clare in last years Munster final when the handicap was Cork -11/12 which many people fancied. In then end Cork won by 12. Could the relative abilities of Mayo and London be comparable to Cork and Clare last year? I certainly expected a similar handicap in the markets for this game

Comment

Indeed that's partly what makes the bet so attractive on first glance. I'm also being drawn back to Cork v Clare in last years Munster final when the handicap was Cork -11/12 which many people fancied. In then end Cork won by 12. Could the relative abilities of Mayo and London be comparable to Cork and Clare last year? I certainly expected a similar handicap in the markets for this game
                                                                            I guess it's easy to see how the bookies priced it up with Mayo having beaten Galway and Roscommon by so much, but as you mentioned in your first post it's all about what they win by on average. No way Mayo beat Galway by 17 on average. Don't think they beat Roscommon by as much as twelve on average either. If it was Leitrim they were playing would it be such a big spread?

To answer your question I'm pretty sure I would have had Cork vs Clare last year as a pretty similar matchup to this one.

Comment

that evens on Down is nice

Wexford at evens vs Longf also. we've seen what longford can do against teams their same standard - nothing! League form will dictate that I would make Wexf a massive bet too. Even away from home - 8/13 shot atleast
                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                that evens on Down is nice

Wexford at evens vs Longf also. we've seen what longford can do against teams their same standard - nothing! League form will dictate that I would make Wexf a massive bet too. Even away from home - 8/13 shot atleast
                                                                                despite their shite win record, longford played well in the league. Recent form may continue for them but they certainly have the win in them and I could see the game going either way.

Would stay away from this game imo.

Liking London +17/18 though, Mayo will win easily obviously but thats a massive spread to overcome
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

I beg to differ - but sure we cant always agree
                                                                                  Wex were good versus louth - seemed a bit lacklustre in the meath game - but vs meath in croke park they were still only a kick of the ball from it and could of done it on another day.

Longford are poor, i dont believe they were holding themselves for the championship - their league "form" is as good as they are. Id certainly be liking Wexford strongly here

London wont go behind by 6 and say their game is over. No1 is giving them a chance, theyll fight to the last kick, and will set out to not get embarrassed, instead of trying to actually win the game. (arguably like down vs donegal)
                                                                                  This is brilliant for the handicap

Down didnt disgrace against donegal - they did their best to beat one of the best teams in the country. Showed amazing fight and bite. Nothing has changed here in this game, and Ill happily be taking down at evens+ here
                                                                                  GAA News Website

Comment

Clare v Laois in hurling -3 handicap with Boyles,i know Laois ran a below par Galway close but a Davey Fitz fired up youthful Clare playing at home will surely cover that spread

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                                                                      Clare v Laois in hurling -3 handicap with Boyles,i know Laois ran a below par Galway close but a Davey Fitz fired up youthful Clare playing at home will surely cover that spread
                                                                                      Think you have made a mistake boyles have 10/11 Clare-11pts.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                        Think you have made a mistake boyles have 10/11 Clare-11pts.
                                                                                        Boyles GAA betting sheets have it as football qualifier,my apologies knew it was too good to be true

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                                                                          Boyles GAA betting sheets have it as football qualifier,my apologies knew it was too good to be true
                                                                                          The footballers and hurlers are both playing each other.

Comment

Couple of bets here - the Tyrone one is maybe the best bet of the year so far to my mind:

Comment

I'd rate Wexford quite a bit higher than Longford but I'm sceptical about their ability to respond positively to last Sunday's defeat so quickly. Defeat to Meath must have hurt given their rather weak capitulation when the Royals upped the pressure. Too many uncertainties so it's a no bet for me although I can understand why people see the value in Wexford

Laois odds v Clare in football are probably distorted by their 10 point loss to Louth and the Micko factor. Laois have key players back in the side sicnce that match in Clancy, McMahon and Kingston and they were much improved against Carlow. They responded well to a run of matches in the qualifiers last year and I expect them to improve again tomorrow. This is a solid division 2 side against a mid table division 4 side so the gulf in class should be bigger than a 3 point handicap. Laois -3 @ evens with PP is the bet of the weekend for me

In hurling I'm on Cork to beat Limerick from last week. I also fancy Dublin to beat Galway. Best price available is 5/2 with PP but it's on the drift so I might play it cool and hope to get better odds before throw in on Sunday

Comment

Not a great selection of football matches this weekend gonna try another accum
                                                                                                €30 accum
                                                                                                Tyrone -5
                                                                                                Galway -6
                                                                                                Down
                                                                                                Laois -3

Pays around 9/1 hopefully get a sweat out of it.

Comment

5 points without reply at start of second half for Waterford leaves them 12 pts to 10 ahead v galway. Think they have the wind with them this half

Comment

kev - 10/11 kilkenny good?
                                                                                                    GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                      kev - 10/11 kilkenny good?
                                                                                                      Dunno doc, been a bit removed from it all over here. On face value kk at anything around Eva at home (against anyone) is fantastic. I haven't gotten to see their last 2 games but the lack of scoring threat would be a major concern for me with any bet on them. I'd tentatively give kk the nod on the basis of home advantage, more match sharpness and Cody's ability to get them up for this, but wouldn't be going nuts on it.

Would prefer to see kk win from a Waterford pov as wierdly enough I think we'd have slightly a better chance against them as opposed to a resurgent tipp team in the next round.

Comment

come on now tipp...lets show em....

Comment

Fuck Roscommon anyway!

Comment

Fuck Roscommon anyway!
                                                                                                            Keane had the site a prob today? Live score tracker wasnt accessible for me

Comment

I'd rate Wexford quite a bit higher than Longford but I'm sceptical about their ability to respond positively to last Sunday's defeat so quickly. Defeat to Meath must have hurt given their rather weak capitulation when the Royals upped the pressure. Too many uncertainties so it's a no bet for me although I can understand why people see the value in Wexford

Laois odds v Clare in football are probably distorted by their 10 point loss to Louth and the Micko factor. Laois have key players back in the side sicnce that match in Clancy, McMahon and Kingston and they were much improved against Carlow. They responded well to a run of matches in the qualifiers last year and I expect them to improve again tomorrow. This is a solid division 2 side against a mid table division 4 side so the gulf in class should be bigger than a 3 point handicap. Laois -3 @ evens with PP is the bet of the weekend for me

In hurling I'm on Cork to beat Limerick from last week. I also fancy Dublin to beat Galway. Best price available is 5/2 with PP but it's on the drift so I might play it cool and hope to get better odds before throw in on Sunday

If only every NAP was as straightforward as Laois today

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                Keane had the site a prob today? Live score tracker wasnt accessible for me
                                                                                                                Seems to be some issues there on busy matchdays of late. Obviously it's a good sign as it means the site is attracting heavy traffic but these technical probs need to be resolved. It's a fantastic service and I hope it continues to develop

Comment

Another good weekend for us @ https://twitter.com/TheGAAmbler1. On a bit of a roll at the minute having won our last 5 bets in a row, meaning we have now won 19/26 bets placed. We went heavy on laois -3 which I believe was a massive price, considering the hammerings lower division teams have been getting this year from the higher division teams. Looking at the odds for cork/kerry game here, there is usually plently of value in the player scoring bets if you have a bit of inside knowlege. I think paul kerrigan to outscore darren o sullivan has value. Although o sullivan is an effective player he dosent score to many points, and there is a liklihood he could be taken of early for k.donaghy. Where as kerrigan carries in my opinion a big scoring threat. Only way I could see darren winning this scoring match up is by scoring a goal. @ 5/6 I think kerrigan is worth an investment.

I also note that there is a market for anytime yellow cards for players offered by powers, with a number of players such as the gooch being 3/1 to get a yellow card. I know a number of players who I would imagine happily pick up a yellow card in the last few minutes in a game to pocket him and a few mates some extra dosh. Could be handily exploited, will be interesting to see if there a number of dubious late yellow cards! Of course galvin is the favourite @ an unbackable 5/6

Comment

Seems to be some issues there on busy matchdays of late. Obviously it's a good sign as it means the site is attracting heavy traffic but these technical probs need to be resolved. It's a fantastic service and I hope it continues to develop
                                                                                                                    Yeah site was down for me to couldn't access live scores for most of the day.
                                                                                                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Going with Kerry -1 and Dublin +3 both at evs for the interest

Comment

Taking Kerry-1 and Galway -3 double. Following Keanes o Sullivan first goal too.
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

We just about got the first part up Honda, now we go head to head.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X