No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DIT four up at HT, Jason Doherty with five. Murphy kicked all DCU's scores from frees I think. Very happy so far.

Comment

Scooooooooooop!

Comment

I've grabbed the controls of the Proper Punter mobile for the weekends hurling, catch my thoughts here

G-G-G-Galway

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
          I've grabbed the controls of the Proper Punter mobile for the weekends hurling, catch my thoughts here

G-G-G-Galway
          I did the gloating and derision of the readers, Kev picked the bets - perfect combination IMO.

Kev not sure if you noticed but I changed the Tipp bet from match odds to Tipp -1 because VC were miles out on it and I've made a big thing about having bets around evens where possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
            I did the gloating and derision of the readers, Kev picked the bets - perfect combination IMO.

Kev not sure if you noticed but I changed the Tipp bet from match odds to Tipp -1 because VC were miles out on it and I've made a big thing about having bets around evens where possible.
            Ya I copped that. All good.

Comment

@ KP. Waterford team for Sunday

O'Keeffe,S. Fives,Lawlor,Connors,Nagle,Walsh, Moran, S. OSullivan,Twomey,Halloran,S Prendergast,Dillon,O’Brien,Mahony,B OSullivan

Pretty strong team, bout as strong as we can be atm.

Clare with a bunch of injuries (from Hoganstand)
              Clare have an injury crisis on their hands as the national hurling league looms.

The Banner County open their Division 1A campaign against manager Davy Fitzgerald's former charges Waterford at Ennis this weekend and will be without five key men.

Former captain Brian O'Connell, Cian Dillon, Nicky O'Connell, Conor McGrath and Darach Honan will all miss out on the game, which is a dress rehearsal for this summer's Munster SHC meeting of the same two teams.
              At the prices and spreads I'm staying well clear of this one, Clare should win alright, but our side is pretty much the one we've been fielding in all our pre-season games and will be well drilled if nothing else.

Comment

KK team to play Galway on Sunday, fair amount of inexperience there

1. EOIN MURPHY GLENMORE
                2. PAUL MURPHY DANESFORT
                3. J.J. DELANEY FENIANS
                4. JACKIE TYRRELL JAMES STEPHENS
                5. TOMMY WALSH TULLAROAN
                6. KIERAN JOYCE ROWER INISTIOGE
                7. CONOR FOGARTY ERINS OWN
                8. LESTER RYAN CLARA
                9. RICHIE POWER CARRICKSHOCK
                10. COLIN FENNELLY (Capt) BALLYHALE SHAMROCKS
                11. MICHAEL FENNELLY BALLYHALE SHAMROCKS
                12. MATTHEW RUTH JAMES STEPHENS
                13. TOM BREEN ST. MARTINS
                14. RICHIE HOGAN DANESFORT
                15. AIDAN FOGARTY EMERALDS
                16. DAVID HERITY DUNNAMAGGIN
                17. BRIAN HOGAN O’LOUGHLIN GAELS
                18. PADDY HOGAN DANESFORT
                19. EOIN LARKIN JAMES STEPHENS
                20. MARK KELLY O’LOUGHLIN GAELS
                21. MARK BERGIN O’LOUGHLIN GAELS
                22. WILLIE PHELAN DUNNAMAGGIN
                23. JOE BRENNAN ST. PATRICKS
                24. TOMÁS KEOGH JAMES STEPHENS
                25. PADRAIG WALSH TULLAROAN

Comment

Loltipp wtf

Comment

Random swapping of the games between SetantaIrl and Setanta1 with 5 minutes to go, an outfit that exudes professionalism.

Comment

Was down in Cork for it. What a joke and apparently they trained in Fota before it now these kind of shite rumours always float about so who knows.
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Going for Limerick +14 and Galway today, was at Armagh game y'day, 0-1 to 3-01 down after 20mins, we got the draw and threw the win away at the end up, although we are set for another 20 years in the wilderness after looking at that performance

Comment

It was a serious comeback in fairness but I don't really rate Wexford as highly this year as the last couple, think they've regressed a little.

Comment

A good day. Real nail biter down in Ennis. Jake Dillon really stepped up to the plate today. Galwaybrought home the loots too.

Comment

A good day. Real nail biter down in Ennis. Jake Dillon really stepped up to the plate today. Galwaybrought home the loots too.
                              Great display by waterford hurlers and footballers nice of the ref to see the last foul as he saw fuck all else. Surelly Fitzy under pressure at clare poor tactician not for me taking this young team foward .

Comment

Round up of the opening weekends action for livegaelic.com is here

Comment

Here's this week's column anyway, hopefully we can keep up the extremely profitable recent run:

Really like the Kildare bet FWIW.

Comment

Proper pundit+ league tips = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Here's this week's column anyway, hopefully we can keep up the extremely profitable recent run:

Really like the Kildare bet FWIW.

Good work Keano. Been so busy this weekend I didn't get time to sit down and go through the fixtures and odds. Instead I just followed your tips on Armagh, Clare and Kildare. Worked out quite well! I owe you a few pints at this stage after winning on the club semi finals too

My ante post bets on Cork and Laois are'nt looking too clever now

Comment

Heh, thanks lads! The Armagh one was a sickener - a late own goal FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                          Proper pundit+ league tips = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
                                          Ya credit where its due some great stuff lately.

Comment

Handicaps are up for this weekend for div 1A hurling. Cork -1 against our boys is fantastic imo. Ladbrokes seem to be biggest at 10/11 for that. Also going -2 with PP @ 11/10.

Sent it into Keane for the PropPunt but not sure when he puts it up on the site so thought I'd throw it up here too.

Comment

Handicaps are up for this weekend for div 1A hurling. Cork -1 against our boys is fantastic imo. Ladbrokes seem to be biggest at 10/11 for that. Also going -2 with PP @ 11/10.

Sent it into Keane for the PropPunt but not sure when he puts it up on the site so thought I'd throw it up here too.
                                              Just got that Kev, it's friday when I do the pieces usually but I'll post a separate one for the hurling tomorrow if you like.

Comment

Just got that Kev, it's friday when I do the pieces usually but I'll post a separate one for the hurling tomorrow if you like.
                                                Ah whatever you normally do man. As long as the good people of IPB get on

Comment

Like that bet Kev after been in pairc ui rinn the last night they looked good. I kind of like us at 13/8 against KK the pressure to win is massive within the county.
                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                    Like that bet Kev after been in pairc ui rinn the last night they looked good. I kind of like us at 13/8 against KK the pressure to win is massive within the county.
                                                    7/4 with Bet365
                                                    Pressure might be rising but that doesn't mean they will win. O'Shea said himself that Tipp are miles behind in preparation with very little fitness or hurling sessions. They were desperate last time out and they will lose again this weekend. Kilkenny at 4/6 is a banker for me. Cork-1 @ 10/11 looks too good to be true, very sharp looking against Tipp while Waterford are playing with a very depleted squad. Galway at 4/7 looks like a good bet too

Comment

Wouldnt go near Tipp to be honest, KK were still impressive enough against Galway despite missing a whole host of players. They will win this one imo

Noel Connors confirmed out for Waterford also, big loss there for the full back line

Comment

Dublin -2 V Kildare @ evens is massive imo. I would have the Dubs at -5 after watching both teams last weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                          Dublin -2 V Kildare @ evens is massive imo. I would have the Dubs at -5 after watching both teams last weekend.
                                                          Just be careful not to put too much value in form over two or three games. I think game to game form is the most treacherous of all metrics in GAA and pretty much ignore it. The three league games we've seen so far wouldn't make me move the line on any game by more than a point, if even.

I make the line in this one ~3 points FWIW so -2 at evens still looks an edge but wouldn't think it's a massive one.

Comment

Cap moved to -2 (evs) everywhere except Boyles who are -1 (4/5). Still a bet imo

Comment

Cap moved to -2 (evs) everywhere except Boyles who are -1 (4/5). Still a bet imo
                                                              Went in to Ladbrokes to back it today but left when i saw the change. I wanted to see what you thought.
                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Some short previews of Division 1 games for round 2 of the league I did for livegaelic.com

Comment

The Proper Punter article for this week folks, fingers crossed the run good continues.

The Wexford bet is my favourite by a decent margin.

Comment

The Proper Punter article for this week folks, fingers crossed the run good continues.

What are your thoughts on Kildare Dublin when I seen it immediately thought no bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                      What are your thoughts on Kildare Dublin when I seen it immediately thought no bet.
                                                                      Yeah slightly leaned in Dublin's favour at the prices but no bet for me either.

Comment

Disaster. London 0-14 Waterford 1-10.

Any promotion hopes gone now

Comment

Disaster. London 0-14 Waterford 1-10.

Any promotion hopes gone now
                                                                          Poor affair to be honest Gary hurney the only ray of hope

Comment

Comment

My first bets in a long time

15 on wexford 7/4

10 on tipp 6/4

29 on cork -2 5/6
                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Cork and Waterford draw. 2 late points for Waterford to grab the draw. Awful conditions in Dungarvan

Comment

Were you in Dungarvan Kev? Had serious issues with the place !!

Think your bet would have came in if the conditions were better. Great finish to the game. Id say it is hard to take nuch from the game with such horrific conditions.
                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Think I'm still in a little bit of shock here.

Where to start
                                                                                    Eoghan o flaherty is not good enough
                                                                                    Cathal McNally tbf I think he's not ready for senior inter county football.
                                                                                    John Doyle hasn't got it in him to compete with the best midfielders anymore much more effective in the ff line.
                                                                                    Mikey Conway is not a cb.
                                                                                    Not starting Niall Kelly dan Flynn and paddy brophy is criminal.

It was a case of 10 steps forward 20 back.

Ollie Lyons was super at corner back kept Bernard brogan very quiet.

Need to use seanie more often rather than firing aimless balls in and expecting Tom to win them all.

Good to see leaper back today but I think it was the wrong game to give him time in.

Not so good to see Hugh lynch back didn't look up to it at all tbf he's been out a long time so only time will tell.

Ronan Sweeney is finished not good enough anymore.
                                                                                    Dermot early took up a place on the bench that IMO he does not deserve anymore not his fault and it will be a shame to see him go but he's not fit enough and IMO won't be either.

Bolton scored 1-1 today but when Flanagan came off I'd say he probably lost us more scores by not tracking back.

Geezer got it totally wrong today it's like he didn't want to win the way he set the team up and leaving eoghan o flaherty on the pitch for 70 mins was a crime.

On to Dublin now tbf they were good but they weren't great they didn't need to be today.

Kilkenny is the future superstar of this team he's a different gravy.

Bernard brogan I'm probably going to get lynched over this bit this is a few times I've been to see him and tbh he has too many bad days and I don't think he's the superstar everyone makes him out to be.

When he comes face to face with a decent cb he disappears he scored 1-1 from play he was unmarked for the goal.

Everything else came from less than 20 yard frees and he even missed one.

Also think Kildare could have had a man sent off on 3 seperate occasions if the ref had stuck to the rule book.

Rant over hope this improves next week with the long trip to castlebar.

Comment

Fair fucks Keane, even over such a small sample it's obvious you have some edge. As a matter of interest do you generally make a higher ROI on the league than championship?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                        Fair fucks Keane, even over such a small sample it's obvious you have some edge. As a matter of interest do you generally make a higher ROI on the league than championship?
                                                                                        Should say keanes wexford bet was top class spotting !! Id assume league/fitzgibbon/sigerson is where the easier money is made as the prices are more out of line with what they should be.
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Were you in Dungarvan Kev? Had serious issues with the place !!

Think your bet would have came in if the conditions were better. Great finish to the game. Id say it is hard to take nuch from the game with such horrific conditions.
                                                                                          Ya it was ridic down there today. Cant read too much into it cause of the conditions. Point doesnt do much for Waterford, 3 tough games to come although the last 2 are at home.

Some header by John O Dwyer for his goal today lol

Comment

Ya it was ridic down there today. Cant read too much into it cause of the conditions. Point doesnt do much for Waterford, 3 tough games to come although the last 2 are at home.

Some header by John O Dwyer for his goal today lol
                                                                                            Ya im not sure what way you were fixed location wise I was at the 21 on the town side. Long story short it became impossible to see due to the crowds on the steps.

Id say il outline it all on the bbv tomorrow. I pretty much got abused by stewards for asking them to do something. It was moreso so as that kids who were there an hour before had a chance to see something as opposed to me who is big and bold enough to battle my way.

Imo there is no way a game that draws this big a crowd should be played somewhere that simply cant handle it. It is a purely gaa politics situation to play it there.
                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Waterford u21 footballers play Tipp on Wed night, 'preparations' have been shabby to say the least. They havent trained together and found out via a Facebook post what the team is.

Not sure if there are any handicap markets around for this but will most likely be a crushing defeat

Comment

Have a couple of free tickets for the All Ireland Club finals this weekend courtesy of my season ticket if anyone is interested in them?

Comment

Have a couple of free tickets for the All Ireland Club finals this weekend courtesy of my season ticket if anyone is interested in them?
                                                                                                  Yes please will be used not ebayed Roscommon 100 metres from hosue galway native.
                                                                                                  Will give donation to charity of choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                    Yes please will be used not ebayed Roscommon 100 metres from hosue galway native.
                                                                                                    Done. No need for charity donation Mick, they aint costing me anything anyay.

Comment

not sure how many you can get with the season ticket but i have one also if you need more mick

Comment

not sure how many you can get with the season ticket but i have one also if you need more mick
                                                                                                        Thanks someotehr soul more deserving ehre could take them.

Comment

Thanks someotehr soul more deserving ehre could take them.
                                                                                                          no probs . @ kev how many are season ticket holders entitled to and do we just print them off?

Comment

no probs . @ kev how many are season ticket holders entitled to and do we just print them off?
                                                                                                            1 per ticket I'd imagine. I have 2 season tickets on my card so can get 2, yep just print them off in the 'special purchases' section

Comment

cheers kev 2 adult and an u-16 there if anyone wants them let me know and ill post or email them to ya whichevers handiest

Comment

The season tickets are one thing the GAA have really got spot on in fairness to them, last year they sent out emails actively encouraging holders to share them with friends for games you weren't going to make, and changed the policy a couple of weeks in to allow you to use them for any county games rather than just the one you had purchased for IIRC. Usually things like that go the opposite way with more restrictions the more you look into it so I was really impressed with that.

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                Thanks dude. I only started sports betting seriously about 18 months ago so sample size is an issue but intuitively I'd say the league is where the ROI will be bigger although that's tempered by the fact that bet sizes are going to be that much smaller as well. I hacked up in the league last year and am doing pretty decently this year as well. I think I've had three or four crossbars which would have had me massively in the green but have probably ran well in some as well.

Still won a decent amount in the Championship last year but the sheer volume of games in the league make it so good especially as there are so many novel pairings that mean the bookie has slim or no edge in setting the lines. Championship, fewer games, more form to guide, more mismatches etc make it a bit easier for the bookies overall I think.

Comment

The season tickets are one thing the GAA have really got spot on in fairness to them, last year they sent out emails actively encouraging holders to share them with friends for games you weren't going to make, and changed the policy a couple of weeks in to allow you to use them for any county games rather than just the one you had purchased for IIRC. Usually things like that go the opposite way with more restrictions the more you look into it so I was really impressed with that.

Thanks dude. I only started sports betting seriously about 18 months ago so sample size is an issue but intuitively I'd say the league is where the ROI will be bigger although that's tempered by the fact that bet sizes are going to be that much smaller as well. I hacked up in the league last year and am doing pretty decently this year as well. I think I've had three or four crossbars which would have had me massively in the green but have probably ran well in some as well.

Still won a decent amount in the Championship last year but the sheer volume of games in the league make it so good especially as there are so many novel pairings that mean the bookie has slim or no edge in setting the lines. Championship, fewer games, more form to guide, more mismatches etc make it a bit easier for the bookies overall I think.
                                                                                                                  Why so?
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Yep absolutely, I've had one since they started about 4 years ago, and while there are occasional organisational glitches by and large they are great, and they often do free things like the club finals, compromise rules etc.

Plus you get to rub it in the nose of the usual cribbers come Sept, the 'I go to every game but cant get an All Ireland Final ticket' brigade

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                      Why so?
                                                                                                                      Sorry, what I mean to say is that the max bet accepted will be bigger come Championship time. Very easy to get an account closed crushing D3 and D4 in the league as well.

Comment

Kildare 7/4 tomorrow lads any thoughts? I think it's massive.

Comment

Kildare 7/4 tomorrow lads any thoughts? I think it's massive.
                                                                                                                          Ye that caught my eye all right as did a few other outsiders

Donegal 6/4 v Cork
                                                                                                                          Sligo 11/4 v Meath
                                                                                                                          Down 2/1 v Kerry

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X