No announcement yet.

GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's possible if Dublin have their worst day possible but its not exactly likely either. Mayo midfield is decent but I don't think they're much capable of destroying Dublin at all tbh. Mayo have basically no forwards without Moran. Some very good backs alright so forwards will need to be on form. Mayo were beaten by 9pts by Kerry at this stage last year and while they've gained a good midfielder compared to then in Barry Moran, they've lost their most important player. Have they really improved that much since then? Not for my money anyway.

Dublin very strongly fancied in the minors afaik, Kerry are pretty weak. Wouldn't back minors with someone elses money tho!

Comment

Brogan out Kilkenny in according to good source

Comment

Worst result possible a bad display from team and management

Comment

Johnny Coen 25/1 for MOTM in the hurling final. IMO he was Galways best man against KK in the Leinster final, also had a great game the last day v Cork, and heard afterward from someone who's friend works on the Sunday Game (sketchy I know) that the 3 lads in the studio wanted him to get motm in that game but Donal O Grady as co-commentator overrulled them and the decision went to Fergal Moore.

Galway may not need to win for one of their players to get the award either, twice this year (at least) motm has gone to a losing player in a hurling match - Kevin Moran in Munster final and Stephen Molumphy when Cork beat Waterford.

Hardly a sure thing, but worth a few quid at 25's imo, will obviously be no use if KK hammer them or if Galway win with Canning going nuts.

Comment

From pp twitter looks value to me??
            @PPOffers: Shefflin to score a goal and Kilkenny to win at 3/1 Web: http://t.co/3c8b1Uy1 Mobile: http://t.co/s4eRkqAn #PowerPlay

Comment

Anyone into the Gaa might enjoy this

twitter
              moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                Anyone into the Gaa might enjoy this

http://chrisdowlingpoker.blogspot.ie/
                Nice read, but could have been a lot shorter really. Has a few factual errors aswell. Neither Eamonn Cregan nor Nicky English are teachers. Cregan is a building society manager and English works for AIB I think in Dublin.

I agree that teaching is as good a job as it gets for GAA managers and players though.
                "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

How dare you!!!

In football it’s not much different. Derry, Westmeath and Armagh have all won titles recently but haven’t followed up with even a good showing at senior level in the ensuing years and all find themselves currently omitted from the list of footballs main contenders.
                  Winners '02
                  beaten finalist '03
                  1/4 finalist '04 (shock defeat)
                  semi finalist '05 (last kick defeat to Tyrone-winners)
                  1/4 finalist '06 (2nd 1/2 half collapse to Kerry-winners)
                  ------'07
                  1/4 finalists '08

Not a bad showing i would have thought, although we def should have won more that 1 AI

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                    How dare you!!!

Winners '02
                    beaten finalist '03
                    ------'07
                    1/4 finalists '08

Not a bad showing i would have thought, although we def should have won more that 1 AI
                    Ye were lucky enough to win the one ye did...

I'm kidding. Yeah, few inaccuracies there like I said.

Comment

Nice read, back door was introduced in hurling in 1997 not 98

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                        Nice read, but could have been a lot shorter really. Has a few factual errors aswell. Neither Eamonn Cregan nor Nicky English are teachers. Cregan is a building society manager and English works for AIB I think in Dublin.

I agree that teaching is as good a job as it gets for GAA managers and players though.
                        Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                        How dare you!!!

Winners '02
                        beaten finalist '03
                        ------'07
                        1/4 finalists '08

Ye were lucky enough to win the one ye did...

I'm kidding. Yeah, few inaccuracies there like I said.
                        Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                        Nice read, back door was introduced in hurling in 1997 not 98
                        I've sent him on a link to this page, thanks for the comments.
                        twitter
                        moneybookers

Comment

Just re-read article as i skimmed it earlier and he was alluding to the U-21 winners continuing on and then his point is valid. apols

Comment

The bet tomorrow is in the total points market.
                            Under in all the offered markets represents value in my opinion.
                            I think Donegal will win but only just and I wouldn't be backing them at those prices.
                            twitter
                            moneybookers

Comment

I think Donegal will win but only just and I wouldn't be backing them at those prices.
                              You dont see any value at donegal -2 @10/11?
                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                You dont see any value at donegal -2 @10/11?
                                Plenty of evens available out there

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                  Plenty of evens available out there
                                  Cool i think its a decent bet
                                  airport, lol

Comment

I agree with this. Horan is no doubt going to have a bank of defenders sitting around the half back line with orders not to move forward much, if at all. Most of Donegals scores against Cork, not so much against Kerry, came from direct running after a turnover of possession, with Donegal attackers often equalling or outnumbering defenders in number..Mayo will do everything possible to avoid this happening.
                                    Donegal scored 12 points (discounting the goal as it was jammy) against a Kerry team that defended moderately well, but coughed up possession far too much. Given that this Mayo defence contains a less experienced class of defender, but has seen a lot more of Donegal's style of play and is thus better prepared tactically, I would expect something in/around the 13-16 point mark for Donegal. Mayo defended very well in goal chance situations for most of this year and Donegal don't score a lot of goals anyway, so expecting 0-1 goals.
                                    For Mayo, their forwards will find the experience a million miles from the Dublin game where they could turn once or even twice to set up a shot...in this game, being in possession inside 30 yards will be fraught with danger. Donegal don't conceed many frees either so having good freetakers may not come into play for Mayo. Overall its hard to see Mayo winning the game without getting at least 1, maybe 2 goals. I'd discount Leitrim and Down game's (with respect, both defences were shambolic) and look to Dublin and Sligo games as a pointer here. Mayo DID create a few goal chances against Dublin, but finishing was very very poor. In the Sligo game I seem to recall something similar. On that basis, barring a penalty or freak chance, Mayo will be doing well to score a goal. They do have a few players such as Dillon, O'Connor and Doherty who can kick accurately from a good distance..they will need exceptional performances out of all of them to win this game. I would predict they will score somewhere between 8-12 points.
                                    I think Donegal (no matter what they say) are going to be jittery owing to the occasion and build up..therefore it may take them time to settle, which usually manifests itself in poor shooting. Indeed both sides could have nervy openings.
                                    Given all that, I think the under 30.5 pts @ 11/10 (Boyles) represents a decent bet...and the under 29.5 @11/8 isn't being outlandish either. The only thing that might scupper these are a finishing scoring flurry by Donegal with Mayo wilting.
                                    I'm having to restrain myself from running wild on the 9/2 (Boyles again) on total goals under 0.5...think this is way more likely to happen than bookies seem to.
                                    I'll also be having my annual Minor/Senior double on Dublin/Donegal which while well below evens is pretty likely to hold.
                                    Last edited by ciarraithuaidh; 23-09-12, 01:42.

Comment

Good post John. My only bets so far are on the Donegal side but I can't shake the feeling that Mayo are value at the available match prices.

Comment

I'm having to restrain myself from running wild on the 9/2 (Boyles again) on total goals under 0.5...think this is way more likely to happen than bookies seem to.
                                        No goalscorer is 9/2 on PP also, but they have a MBS on all losing goalscorer bets if the game is level at half time or full time

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                          No goalscorer is 9/2 on PP also, but they have a MBS on all losing goalscorer bets if the game is level at half time or full time
                                          Didn't realise that, thanks Kev. Draw at half time would be a real possibility at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            Good post John. My only bets so far are on the Donegal side but I can't shake the feeling that Mayo are value at the available match prices.
                                            9/4 is seriously tempting alright on Mayo Keano...still don't see them winning unless Donegal flop in a big way...OR Mayo get 2 goals minimum.

Comment

There goes that!
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Got seriously lucky there backing Neil Gallagher over 0.5pts at 2/1. Rationale was that there wouldn't be any space up front and midfielders might end up taking pot shots from out the field. As it turned out Gallagher hardly even made it to the 45 and never looked in with a sniff of scoring until he snuck over a little gem in the 68th min!

Comment

kk name u-21 forward Walter Walsh in the starting line up for Sunday. cillian buckley also starts. Colin fennelly and aidan fogerty miss out

Comment

Bit surprised they carted Taggy, no surprise to see Fennelly dropped tho.

Comment

Increasingly confident that Kilkenny will win this today, think they will beat the 3 point handicap too, Galway goalkeeper injury is a huge factor, I expect KK to attempt to raise a green flag early on too. Shefflin to get MOTM, with his performance last time out and the record breaking 9th win to come into the consideration for that. First scoring play Kilkenny goal for a fun bet too

Comment

Walter White Wash

Comment

Kilkenny -1 to win the second half, simple.

Shefflin will probably get the man of the match too - defo get nominated.
                                                          twitter
                                                          moneybookers

Comment

Just 1 decent bet for the match.
                                                            Shefflin to outscore Canning at 10/11.

Comment

Originally posted by puremagpie View Post
                                                              Just 1 decent bet for the match.
                                                              Shefflin to outscore Canning at 10/11.
                                                              LOL as my name says pure f in magpie.

Shefflin 2 points clear with 4 mins to go and canning pops over 2 pts from play including the very last stroke of play and his team needing about 4 goals or so. LOL.

Comment

LOL as my name says pure f in magpie.

Shefflin 2 points clear with 4 mins to go and canning pops over 2 pts from play including the very last stroke of play and his team needing about 4 goals or so. LOL.
                                                                Unlucky, if the one that hit the butt of the post went in you could have no complaints but they way it worked out after that was cruel.
                                                                twitter
                                                                moneybookers

Comment

Unlucky, if the one that hit the butt of the post went in you could have no complaints but they way it worked out after that was cruel.
                                                                  Cruel cruel game this gambling lark. Had a monkey on Kilkenny last time out in handicap betting -2 and then they come out today and produce the goods. Feels like a conspiracy theory. Anyhow its the kick up the hole I need to pack in this shit. Only winners are the bookies

Comment

Cruel cruel game this gambling lark. Had a monkey on Kilkenny last time out in handicap betting -2 and then they come out today and produce the goods. Feels like a conspiracy theory. Anyhow its the kick up the hole I need to pack in this shit. Only winners are the bookies

I had a lot fewer bets this year than last year and my roi was much higher, my actual profit was lower though. I suppose its the price you pay for less heart ache.
                                                                    twitter
                                                                    moneybookers

Comment

I had a lot fewer bets this year than last year and my roi was much higher, my actual profit was lower though. I suppose its the price you pay for less heart ache.
                                                                      Heartache for sure isnt it. Anyway last bet of the year is still live at mo. Poulter in the golf to be top individual scorer at 20's. Maybe just maybe I can pull it out of the bag.

Comment

Have a few mates playing in both the Intermediate and Senior Finals over the next two weekends, according to them all their respective teams of Monastervin and Sarsfields are definitely better than -2 in these finals.

Johnstownbridge were intermediate favourites but lost out to Raheens in the semis while Athy who were co-favourites with Sarsfields lost out to Carbury.

Gonna double them up and hope for a result

Comment

Eire Og play pal in the carlow senior football final on sunday!

I have seen them play a good bit this yr and they look really really good!

-2 v pal at 5/4 looks really really good i reckon be evs before long!

Just a heads up for anyone interested

Comment

Here's a light piece on the GAA/Boardwalk Empire.

Let me know what you's think. Also like/share if you enjoyed it! Cheers

GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                              Here's a light piece on the GAA/Boardwalk Empire.

Let me know what you's think. Also like/share if you enjoyed it! Cheers

http://www.livegaelic.com/features/b...meets-the-gaa/
                                                                              A quite frankly bizarre, but nonetheless amusing piece!

Surely Frank Murphy would have been a better Nelson Van Alden though?!

Comment

Pre season tournaments start this weekend. Anything stick out for anyone?

14:00 Cork v CIT
                                                                                1/6

12/1

4/1

14:00 Longford v Meath
                                                                                13/8

7/1

4/7

14:00 Louth v UCD
                                                                                8/11

15/2

5/4

14:00 Carlow v Dublin
                                                                                5/1

14/1

1/10

14:00 Offaly v Laois
                                                                                11/10

15/2

5/6

14:00 Westmeath v Athlone IT
                                                                                3/10

8/1

11/4

14:00 Kerry v IT Tralee
                                                                                1/20

16/1

13/2

14:00 Clare v LIT
                                                                                1/7

14/1

4/1

14:00 Wicklow v DCU
                                                                                2/1

15/2

4/9

14:00 Wexford v DIT
                                                                                5/6

15/2

11/10

14:00 Kildare v Carlow IT
                                                                                1/4

9/1

3/1

14:00 Monaghan v St Marys
                                                                                1/10

14/1

5/1

14:00 Cavan v Down
                                                                                11/10

7/1

5/6

14:00 Antrim v UUJ
                                                                                8/13

15/2

6/4

14:00 Tyrone v Derry
                                                                                2/5

15/2

9/4

14:00 Galway v NUI Galway
                                                                                2/5

8/1

9/4

14:00 Sligo IT v Sligo
                                                                                4/7

8/1

6/4

14:00 Roscommon v Leitrim
                                                                                4/9

15/2

2/1

Comment

Longford and Leitrim would both be good prices if they were playing proper teams.

If Brigids players are missing for Roscommon I'd definitely have a sniff at Leitrim.

Comment

Decent Tyrone team named but not mad about them at the price, think Derry are better than they've shown.

Tyrone (McKenna Cup V Derry): Niall Morgan; Dermot Carlin; Conor Gormley, Barry Tierney; Ryan McKenna, Joe McMahon, Danny McBride; Conor Clarke, Sean Cavanagh; Kevin Gallagher, Mark Donnelly, Matthew Donnelly; Martin Penrose, Stephen O'Neill, Jonathan Lafferty.

Comment

Any thoughts on UUJ v Antrim Keane? Another site had them as the GAA bet of the weekend

Comment

Any thoughts on UUJ v Antrim Keane? Another site had them as the GAA bet of the weekend
                                                                                        Oh yeah, forgot about that. UUJ were going to pull out because they lost so many players to the county teams. Not sure what Antrim are going to be like though, lost some good players during the year last year and James Loughrey who is superb is meant to be going travelling so I assume won't be playing.

If you come across any team sheets throw them up, will obv make a big difference to what is and isn't a bet.

Comment

Laois are value @ 5/6 IMO Offaly are terrabad haven't seen any teams but I would presume Laois will be going all out for this one.

Comment

Some team news here http://sportsnewsireland.com/category/gaa/

Comment

You had Tyrone up already but here it is with subs and Derry.

Tyrone team to play Derry: Niall Morgan Dermot Carlin, Conor Gormley, Barry Tierney, Ryan McKenna, Joe McMahon, Danny McBride, Conor Clarke, Sean Cavanagh, Kevin Gallagher, Mark Donnelly, Matthew Donnelly, Martin Penrose, Stephen O’Neill, Johnathan Lafferty
                                                                                              SUBS: Pascal McConnell,Peter Harte, Plunkett Kane, Conor McAlliskey, Tiarnan McCann, Cathal McCarron, Darren McCurry, Dean McNally, Ronan McNamee, Patrick McNiece, Sean Warnoc

Derry team to play Tyrone: Eoin McNicholl; Dermot McBride(capt), Ciaran Mullan, Ryan Ferris; Sean Leo McGoldrick, Mark Lynch, Charlie Kielt; PJ McCloskey, Patsy Bradley; Ryan Bell, Raymond Wilkinson, Barry McGoldrick; James Kielt, Lee Kennedy, Eoin Bradley.
                                                                                              SUBS: Thomas Mallon, Micheál Anderson, Philip Bradley, Aidan McAlynn, Brian McCallion, Declan Brown, Blaine Gormley, Daniel Heavron, Declan Mullan, Coilin Devlin, Enda Lynn.

Monaghan (McKenna Cup v St Mary’s): Rory Beggan; Dessie Mone, Fintan Kelly, Kieran Duffy; Martin McElroy, Darren Hughes, Carl O’Connell; Dick Clerkin, Neil McAdam; Stephen Smith, Paul McArdle, Owen Duffy; Padraig Donaghy, Conor McManus, Dermot Malone.

Subs: Mark Keogh, Ronan McNally, Owen Coyle, Conor Galligan, Owen Lennon, Gerard McArdle, Gavin Doogan, Shane McQuillan, Tommy O’Neill, Keith McEnaney, Donal Hahessy.

St Mary’s coach Paddy Tally can call upon Tyrone under 21players Niall Sludden and Conor Clarke. Down’s Ronan Sexton will be called upon to provide a scoring threat.

Comment

Definitely wouldn't be doing my nuts on UUJ.

Comment

Kerry 4-22 IT Tralee 0-10 FT

Kerry goals scored by Paul Geaney (2), Mikey Geaney and Patrick Curtin. Kieran Donaghy went off with an ankle injury with 10 mins to go

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                    Oh yeah, forgot about that. UUJ were going to pull out because they lost so many players to the county teams. Not sure what Antrim are going to be like though, lost some good players during the year last year and James Loughrey who is superb is meant to be going travelling so I assume won't be playing.

If you come across any team sheets throw them up, will obv make a big difference to what is and isn't a bet.
                                                                                                    I thought the rule was that the college's got first call on the players for these matches or has that rule changed?

Comment

Link for scores http://sportsnewsireland.com/live-scores/

Comment

Results of the day

Sunday 6 January
                                                                                                        O’Byrne Cup SF round 1
                                                                                                        Longford 1-07 1-09 Meath, Ballymahon FT
                                                                                                        Louth 2-15 1-13 UCD, Drogheda FT
                                                                                                        Carlow 1-12 3-13 Dublin, Carlow FT
                                                                                                        Wicklow 1-12 2-09 DCU, Greystones FT
                                                                                                        Offaly 1-11 1-08 Laois, Tullamore FT
                                                                                                        Westmeath 1-22 0-13 AIT, Athlone FT
                                                                                                        Wexford 1-11 1-15 DIT, Enniscorthy FT
                                                                                                        Kildare 1-13 0-07 Carlow IT, Newbridge FT

McKenna Cup SF round 1
                                                                                                        Monaghan 1-13 2-07 St Mary’s, Clones FT
                                                                                                        Cavan 0-12 1-11 Down, Kingspan Breffni Park FT
                                                                                                        UUJ 2-09 1-15 Antrim, Casement Park FT
                                                                                                        Tyrone 0-12 0-13 Derry, Healy Park, 2pm

FBD FL round 1
                                                                                                        NUIG 0-06 0-15 Galway, Pearse Stadium FT
                                                                                                        Sligo 0-14 0-05 Sligo IT, Kent Park FT
                                                                                                        Roscommon 0-05 0-06 Leitrim, Elphin FT

McGrath Cup SF Preliminary Round
                                                                                                        Clare 1-19 1-02 LIT, Miltown-Malbay FT
                                                                                                        Cork 1-15 0-11 CIT, Cork IT FT

Comment

Midweek prices

9th Jan 2013
                                                                                                          19:30 Meath v Louth
                                                                                                          8/13

15/2

6/4

19:30 Longford v UCD
                                                                                                          4/5

15/2

11/10

19:30 Dublin v DCU
                                                                                                          4/11

15/2

5/2

19:30 Wicklow v Carlow
                                                                                                          8/15

15/2

7/4

19:30 Laois v Westmeath
                                                                                                          4/6

15/2

11/8

19:30 Offaly v Athlone IT
                                                                                                          1/10

14/1

5/1

19:30 Wexford v Carlow IT
                                                                                                          8/13

15/2

6/4

19:30 Kildare v DIT
                                                                                                          2/9

9/1

7/2

19:30 Fermanagh v Donegal
                                                                                                          2/5

15/2

9/4

Comment

Laois: Eoin Culliton; Cahir Healy, Donie Booth, Peter O’Leary; Darren Strong, John O’Loughlin, Padraig O’Loughlin; Colm Begley, Colm Coss; Ross Munnelly, Conor Meredith, Billy Sheehan; MJ Tierney, Padraig Clancy, Ambrose Doran

Comment

Donegal expected to field a vastly weakened team then?>

Comment

Donegal expected to field a vastly weakened team then?>
                                                                                                                Price has dropped on fermanagh twice today from 4/7 to 1/2 to 2/5... (PP)...they probably were longer too.

So you will probably see Donegal go off a 2/1 by 2moro.
                                                                                                                Apparently Fermanagh are eager to go well. They have the wily Peter Canavan in charge and apparently they've done alot of training but only a 'little ball work'. Donegal to play an 'experimental side'.

Given all this i Coulnt back fermanagh at 2/5 vs even a donegal u21 side.
                                                                                                                One to be swerved IMO.

Comment

Louth 6/4 v Meath is the pick of the midweek prices...!!
                                                                                                                  "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post
                                                                                                                    Louth 6/4 v Meath is the pick of the midweek prices...!!
                                                                                                                    why?

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                                                      why?
                                                                                                                      Cos I said so.....!!!

Game is off now due to fog.
                                                                                                                      "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post
                                                                                                                        Cos I said so.....!!!

Game is off now due to fog.

Ah good that makes my decision easy on to include them in an accumulator

I'll go with this so

Kildare 2/9
                                                                                                                        Wexford 8/15
                                                                                                                        UCD 11/10

Comment

Dublin,Laois,Offaly,Wexford and Kildare €20 accum for me pays about 100/30

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X