GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Tipp minors surely a value bet at 3/1 v Dublin? Beaten Cork and Kerry already this year. Seems a huge price
    Good call Kev

Comment

Good work Tipp kids

Comment

Anyone know where I might get match or highlights of yesterdays all ireland final. I was on rte website but the link won't work, might be cause im in the nothh.

Comment

Originally posted by merkum wallop View Post
          Anyone know where I might get match or highlights of yesterdays all ireland final. I was on rte website but the link won't work, might be cause im in the nothh.
          more than likely a ip address thing,as far as i know,they tranmit into the north so you would think the rte player would work for northren irish viewers,try emailing them and see what they say
          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Posted the following on boards earlier so I said id share the bad info with you all here

Quarter Finals in the Tipp senior Hurling take place this weekend the line-up is

Thurles v Loughmore
            Drom v Toomevara
            Clonoulty v Nenagh
            Borrisoleigh v Mullinahone

The first one will be a cracker and IMO is the county final, Thurles looked very good the last day against a Kildangan team who had won the AI sevens just two weeks previous, they were 6 points down after 20 mins playing against a very strong wind but then scored 1-11 unanswered either side of HT time to win by 8 eventually, on paper they have a team capable of wining an AI but there are always question marks about their mentality and their appetite for a battle, winter hurling doesnt really suit them, Loughmore will be no pushover and are a very very strong outfit with such hurlers as Noel McGrath, Michael Webster, Liam McGrath, Tom King, Evan Sweeney, David Kennedy etc. I think Thurles will just about have enough but the 3/1 about Loughmore is way overpriced and actually downright ludicrous.

Second game is just as intriquing and I actually predict a bit of an upset here, Drom are 13/8 and I think have enough to get past an ageing Toom team who havent played in nearly two months and are without John O'Brien who is suspended and their best hurler so far this year Joey McLoughney who has emigrated. The key battle I guess will be Benny Dunne v Seamus Callinan, Seamie has been on fire for the club this year and I expect Drom to come out on top.

Clonoulty v Nenagh is a tough one to call, Nenagh have a number of injury worries and the most notable been the loss of Kevin Tucker who is the leader of their team, however Clonolty havent played in along time and their division is by far the weakest in Tipp so they havent really been tested yet, that said I fancy them to win this one with Timmy Hammersley and John O'Neill doing the damage against a suspect Nenagh FB line.

The last one is a real toss of a coin, Borris are just so hard to play against they are very good defensively and off course have the great talent that is Brendan Maher, however they do struggle to put up big scores and the rest of their forwards are relatively poor. Mullinahone on the other hand have Eoin Kelly, Paul Kelly, Niall Curran, Paul Curran and Sean Curran to call upon, they havent really impressed this year so far but one would feel as has happened in the past they will improve when they get to Semple Stadium, the key to this game will be the match ups between Paddy Stapelton and Eoin Kelly and Brendan Maher and Paul Curran, whoever wins these battles will have a big bearing on the final outcome.

From a betting perspective I would reccomend a nice double on Drom and Clonoulty @ 3/1 with PP.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
              From a betting perspective I would reccomend a nice double on Drom and Clonoulty @ 3/1 with PP. [/I]
              Shippp

Comment

Ballygunner good value at 11/8 any thoughts?
                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                  Ballygunner good value at 11/8 any thoughts?
                  I'm on it anyway. Purely based on Waterford clubs relative sucess in recent years. A good few of the younger players from the Waterford panel on this BGunner team aslo. They are away but should be favs for this imo

Comment

Ballygunner a point ahead at the break and are building an impressive tally of wides.

Second half just underway.

Commentary on WLR fm.
                    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Ah ya i can never bring myself to back anything no matter what my head tells me....typical
                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

All over, Ballygunner win 2-15 to 1-13.
                        We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Comment

Sweet. Club success continues for the Waterford teams. Good start to the day, now to blow it on Spurs-QPR. Ade first goal

Comment

Just having a look at prices for next year's championship and see that Donegal are available outright at as much as 24/1 with Betdaq.

Considering Kildare are 14/1 this looks a pretty large misprice to me, might be a decent trading opportunity at the very least.

Comment

Its the start of the Pre-season tournaments tomorrow night with 2 games in the Connacht FBD leagues. A whole pile of football games then at the weekend. These can often be profitable as people have nuggets of team news etc.

Tomorrows games (PP)
                              Galway 4/6 v Sligo IT 11/8. Draw 7/1
                              NUIG 8/13 v Sligo 6/4. Draw 7/1

The weekend games.

Saturday 7 January

FBD Insurance FL
                              Sligo IT v London, IT Sligo, 7.30pm

Sunday 8 January

Dr McKenna Cup SF R1
                              Tyrone v Queens, Healy Park, 2pm
                              Fermanagh v Antrim, Brewster Park, 2pm
                              Monaghan v St Mary’s, Clones, 2pm
                              Down v Armagh, Pairc Esler, 2pm
                              Derry v Cavan, Celtic Park, 2pm
                              Donegal v UUJ, Pairc Mac Cumhaill, 2pm

O’Byrne Cup SF first round
                              Meath v Wexford, Pairc Tailteann, 2pm
                              Louth v Kilkenny, Drogheda, 2pm
                              Wicklow v DCU, Aughrim, 2pm
                              Longford v Athlone IT, Pearse Park, 2pm
                              Kildare v Dublin IT, Newbridge, 2pm
                              Offaly v Westmeath, Tullamore, 2pm
                              Carlow v Dublin, Dr Cullen Park, 2pm
                              Laois v UCD, Portlaoise, 2pm

McGrath Cup SF preliminary round
                              Waterford v IT Tralee, Waterford, 2pm
                              Clare v UL, Clare, 2pm
                              Tipperary v LIT, Tipperary, 2pm

FBD Insurance FL
                              GMIT v Roscommon, Ballyforan, 2pm
                              Mayo v Leitrim, Ballyhaunis, 2pm
                              Sligo v London, Kent Park, 2pm
                              Galway v NUIG, Tuam Stadium, 2pm

Anyone with any info on teams etc. Interestingly London playing 2 games in 2 days at the weekend

Comment

PP Prices out for weekend games. Any value jumping out at anyone?

Sat
                                Sligo IT 2/9 v London 10/3. Draw 10/1

Sun
                                Galway 4/7 v NUIG 13/8 Draw 7/1
                                Mayo 1/10 v Leitrim 5/1 Draw 14/1
                                Roscommon 1/2 v GMIT 15/8 Draw 7/1
                                Kildare 1/2 v DIT 15/8 Draw 7/1
                                Meath 1/3 v Wexford 5/2 Draw 8/1
                                Wicklow 7/2 v DCU 2/9 Draw 8/1
                                Longford 3/10 v Athlone IT 11/4 Draw 8/1
                                Offaly 6/5 v Westmeath 4/5 Draw 7/1
                                Carlow 10/3 v Dublin 1/4 Draw 8/1
                                Laois 6/4 v UCD 8/13 Draw 8/1
                                Waterford 4/7 v IT Tralee 13/8 Draw 7/1
                                Clare 2/5 v UL 9/4 Draw 15/2
                                Tipp 1/25 v LIT 7/1 Draw 16/1
                                Fermanagh 5/6 v Antrim 11/10 Draw 7/1
                                Tyrone 1/4 v Queens 3/1 Draw 9/1
                                Down 8/13 v Armagh 6/4 Draw 7/1
                                Monaghan 1/10 v St Mary's Belfast 5/1 Draw 14/1
                                Derry 4/11 v Cavan 9/4 Draw 8/1
                                Donegal 1/4 v UUJ 3/1 Draw 9/1

Will be going for IT Tralee v Waterford myself. Waterford hit by some withdrawals from the squad players looking to join the hurling the team and the fact that IT Tralee are Kerry

Comment

Wexford look a little long considering the likes of Ben Brosnan and PJ Banville are playing, although Meath have been training away since well before Xmas so they've probably got a fair bit done.

Fermanagh look a bit short as well. Canavan wasn't appointed all that long ago and even then took a while to get trials organised and a team picked. I can't imagine the Fermanagh players did a whole lot over the winter with the disorganisation within the county. On the other hand Baker Bradley is a decent manager and will probably have Antrim prepared reasonably well. I'd probably have had Antrim slight favourites.

They're as long as 6/4 with Boyles, possibly worth a nibble.

Comment

Results of the day. Tralee IT beat Waterford so a 100% success rate for 2012 lol

O’Byrne Cup SF first round
                                    Meath 1-13 1-10 Wexford, Pairc Tailteann FT
                                    Wicklow 1-14 0-18 DCU, Aughrim FT
                                    Longford 0-13 1-09 Athlone IT, Pearse Park FT
                                    Kildare 2-11 0-09 Dublin IT, Newbridge FT
                                    Offaly 3-06 0-07 Westmeath, Tullamore FT
                                    Carlow 0-10 0-17 Dublin, Dr Cullen Park FT
                                    Laois 0-11 0-15 UCD, Portlaoise FT

Dr McKenna Cup SF R1
                                    Tyrone 1-13 1-05 Queens, Healy Park FT
                                    Fermanagh 2-11 1-07 Antrim, Brewster Park FT
                                    Monaghan 0-14 0-06 St Mary’s, Clones FT
                                    Down 2-12 0-10 Armagh, Pairc Esler FT
                                    Derry 0-13 0-12 Cavan, Celtic Park FT
                                    Donegal 0-09 0-11 UUJ, Pairc Mac Cumhaill FT

McGrath Cup SF preliminary round
                                    Waterford 0-14 2-14 IT Tralee, Waterford FT
                                    Clare 0-18 1-08 UL, Clare FT
                                    Tipperary 2-13 3-08 LIT, Tipperary FT

FBD Insurance FL
                                    GMIT 2-08 1-11 Roscommon, Ballyforan FT
                                    Mayo 0-10 0-06 Leitrim, Ballyhaunis FT
                                    Sligo 1-17 0-09 London, Kent Park FT
                                    Galway 0-09 1-08 NUIG, Tuam Stadium FT

Comment

Some prices are just mad Tipp 1/25 on and scrape a 2 point win.
                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Browsing around the PP specials in the GAA section and Dublin to win the All Ireland in Football and Hurling 50/1 caught my eye.

Worth a few quid for a bit of fun

Comment

Browsing around the PP specials in the GAA section and Dublin to win the All Ireland in Football and Hurling 50/1 caught my eye.

Worth a few quid for a bit of fun
                                          i'd have expected to be bigger tbh, what are they to win the hurling?

Comment

not bad 44/1 if backed outside the special 10/1 hurlers ans 3/1 football

Comment

That double's 55.33/1 on Lads (12/1 & 10/3).

Still no value, the hurlers traded at like 70+ on Betfair last year when they were already in semis, admittedly injury-ravaged.

Comment

PP prices up for this weekends pre-season games

Sat 14th
                                                Derry 8/15 v UUJ 7/4 Draw 15/2
                                                NUIG 1/8 v London 9/2 Draw 12/1
                                                Dublin 4/11 v UCD 5/2 Draw 15/2

Sun 15th
                                                Meath 2/7 v Louth 3/1 Draw 8/1
                                                Longford 13/8 v DCU 4/7 Draw 15/2
                                                Kildare 2/9 v Offaly 7/2 Draw 10/1
                                                Wicklow 8/13 v Athlone IT 6/4 Draw 15/2
                                                Carlow 11/8 v Laois 4/6 Draw 15/2
                                                CIT 2/5 v IT Tralee 9/4 Draw 15/2
                                                Cork 2/7 v Clare 3/1 Draw 9/1
                                                Tipp 1/14 v WIT 6/1 Draw 14/1
                                                Limerick 11/8 v UCC 4/6 Draw 7/1
                                                Sligo evs v Sligo IT evs Draw 7/1
                                                Leitrim 5/2 v Roscommon 4/11 Draw 15/2
                                                Mayo 1/4 v GMIT 10/3 Draw 9/1
                                                Antrim 11/4 v Tyrone 3/10 Draw 9/1
                                                Fermanagh 8/15 v Queens 7/4 Draw 15/2
                                                Monaghan 13/8 v Down 4/7 Draw 15/2
                                                Armagh 1/4 v St Mary's Belfast 10/3 Draw 9/1
                                                Cavan 11/8 v Donegal 8/11 Draw 13/2

Anyone see any value here? Advanced news of weakened teams perhaps?

Comment

GF's brother was at Kilkenny county board meeting on Sunday, they are sending out a development u-21 team v NUIG in the Walsh cup this Sunday. NUIG also beat Wexford last weekend.

Hill's priced this match up at NUIG 3/1 earlier in the week, but thats long gone now. PP only priced it up today and have NUIG at 6/4. Will Hill still go 13/8, not a whole load of value but still worth a few quid imo.

KK did similar last year and won but only by a single point
                                                  Last edited by KevIRL; 26-01-12, 18:46.

Comment

GF's brother was at Kilkenny county board meeting on Sunday, they are sending out a development u-21 team v NUIG in the Walsh cup this Sunday. NUIG also beat Wexford last weekend.

Hill's priced this match up at NUIG 3/1 earlier in the week, but thats long gone now. PP only priced it up today and have NUIG at 6/4. Will Hill still go 13/8, not a whole load of value but still worth a few quid imo.

KK did similar last year and won but only by a single point
                                                    i'd like to be backing this at 3's but defo not at 6/4, god knows what this U21 team could be(development or not), young lads fighting for places on the senior panel or U21 panel for that matter, as i say 3's would be nice but its a bit short now

Comment

Think Wexford could be a great bet today @ evs against a bad Laois team in the obyrne sheild think their a good 4-5pts better here.

Comment

Posted this in wrong thread. (IPB gambling sydicate bets)

Great tip for today. Wexford are playin Offaly in the walsh cup hurling. Offaly are 11/10 with powers, wexford started 15 senior debutants last week and got beat by NUIG. Theyre doin the same today and new manager Liam Dunne isnt even taking charge hes leaving the under 21 manager to do it as only 2 of the senior panal are involved.. Offaly are by no means full strenght bt enough quality to beat this Wexford team. MASSIVE VALUE. Be quick tho game starts at 12.45

Comment

Half time: Offaly 1-12 Wexford 0-7

Comment

Offaly were 11/8 with William Hill before the off, looks like a good tip, fair play.

Comment

2-17 to 1-14 to Offaly 8mins to go.

Comment

Job done!!

Comment

Anybody looking at anything for the weekend?

Comment

money on westmeath to beat kilkenny in the walsh cup hurling tmw, kilkenny puttin out U-21 team and 6 U-21's are injured price has dropped from 7/2 to 6/4 today so alot ppl are on it already! Galway a cert to beat laois in walsh cup also, poor value though @ 1/7

Comment

Clare are 11/8 to beat Waterford in the Waterford Crystal hurling semi final on Sunday. The game is on in Waterford, but I still think Clare will win it. Clare have the benefit of 2 games in a week v Limerick (winning the replay midweek), while Waterford didnt amaze against a largely 2nd string UCC side last weekend. Its a very young Waterford team with a good few players out of position and I think Davy Fitz will have the Clare lads more fired up for this one

Comment

Clare are 11/8 to beat Waterford in the Waterford Crystal hurling semi final on Sunday. The game is on in Waterford, but I still think Clare will win it. Clare have the benefit of 2 games in a week v Limerick (winning the replay midweek), while Waterford didnt amaze against a largely 2nd string UCC side last weekend. Its a very young Waterford team with a good few players out of position and I think Davy Fitz will have the Clare lads more fired up for this one
                                                                        Agree, missed out on a massive tip when Clare played WIT in the crystal 2 weeks back. One of the lads im very friendly with in my class is fitzgibbon. Apparently a fair few of the wit lads had even lumped on Clare.
                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Anyone any idea on the Club hurling semi finals this weekend? Anyone know much about Na Piarsaigh? i am very aware of loughgiel strengths having lost the last two antrim county finals to them Reports from there camp is that 5/2 is a very big price but am still not convinced either way. Na Piarsaigh can be backed at the handicap of -4 @ 6/5 which am sure most Na Piarsaigh natives are on.

And the other semi I had a man telling me the other day that Gort will be to good for coolderry but I have no knowledge on either team. Anyone in the know here?

Comment

Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                                                            Anyone any idea on the Club hurling semi finals this weekend? Anyone know much about Na Piarsaigh? i am very aware of loughgiel strengths having lost the last two antrim county finals to them Reports from there camp is that 5/2 is a very big price but am still not convinced either way. Na Piarsaigh can be backed at the handicap of -4 @ 6/5 which am sure most Na Piarsaigh natives are on.

And the other semi I had a man telling me the other day that Gort will be to good for coolderry but I have no knowledge on either team. Anyone in the know here?
                                                                            Your confusing me in the first one who do you fancy ?
                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Your confusing me in the first one who do you fancy ?
                                                                              I dont no enough about Na Piarsaigh in fairness only having watched highlights of there Limerrick county final. The Loughgiel camp feel that 5/2 is very generous given the way they have been going in challenge games compared to Na Piarsaigh when playing the same opposition i.e a few county senior teams like Dublin etc. I was only giving my opinion and was keen to hear the thoughts of other on the game?. I am kind of very much on the fence on this one. However if i had a £100 free bet to place I would probably put it on Na Piarsaigh on the handicap betting.

Comment

Kk fielding first team v galway in the crystal. There currently 2/1 bookies probably assume the u21s will be out.
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Kk fielding first team v galway in the crystal. There currently 2/1 bookies probably assume the u21s will be out.
                                                                                  whats your source for this enda?
                                                                                  48

Comment

Presume this is the gane? 13/5 with Boyles.

Comment

And down to 21/10...

Comment

That was probably me, sorry

Comment

Got on at 13/5 for a single, put the 21/10 in an accum

Comment

Mayo are a good bet this weekend @ 6/5

Also my brother is getting on Armagh for Ulster @ 9/1 and he does not make too many mistakes.
                                                                                            twitter
                                                                                            moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                              whats your source for this enda?
                                                                                              One of the lads im friends with in class is fitzgibbon and also from KK ( not on inter county tho ). They are obviously privy too some info tho. You never can be sure but i threw a small bet on it nothing hectic. Anyone know when theyd name the teams for this ?
                                                                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                Mayo are a good bet this weekend @ 6/5
                                                                                                Be waiting to see the Mayo team (supposed to be named after training tonight) but I'd be favouring them based on expected line up for sure.

Comment

One of the lads im friends with in class is fitzgibbon and also from KK ( not on inter county tho ). They are obviously privy too some info tho. You never can be sure but i threw a small bet on it nothing hectic. Anyone know when theyd name the teams for this ?
                                                                                                  During the championship KK teams are named Friday evening, fuck knows if they will even name a team in advance for this though

Comment

KK PRO: "won't be the development squad but will still be a bit experimental nonetheless"

in to best-price 7/4 now, Galway been going well so that looks about right to me.

Comment

Few singles I've backed:
                                                                                                      Kildare -2 @6/5..will have got a bollicking from Geezer after last week and with at least a few of McGrillen, John Doyle, Eamonn Callaghan and Morgan O'Flaherty back in the team, and a week sharpening up done, plus the fact that the game is in the wide expanses of Clones and not Scotstown..I predict a win by 3+ for the away team. (footnote, no Kildare team named yet, but all the indications are it will be full strength)

Meath -4 @evens. Meath aren't great, but they have a few decent forwards. 1-15 (1-13 from play) last week wasn't too shabby and I don't think Westmeath's defence or team overall is even as good as Monaghan's is. Added to this, Westmeath saw Denis Glennon limp of last week and he prob is out and they will struggle for scores (only 5 from play last week). Hence, Meath being tipped strongly to beat spread.
                                                                                                      Rossies-2@11/8. This seems like an outlandish price given Offaly's hammering by Longford last week, but the odds are possibly predicated on Offaly's spirit and ability to pull performances out of thin air when written off. Can't see it happening here though. Saw Offaly play recently and they looked utterly rudderless and spiritless. Rumour, most likely groundless that Niall MacNamee will appear for Offaly, but afaik he is injured.
                                                                                                      Loughiel Shamrocks @5/2 v Na Piarsaigh. This is an outside bet, but like many club games so far this season this is a ridiculous price in my view. Game is in Parnell park, which is a mudbath right now AND a tight pitch as it is..which will suit Loughiel who are a bigger, more physical team. They are no mere brawlers though and have quality county hurlers like Liam Watson in their ranks aswell. This could turn out to be the bet of the weekend.
                                                                                                      "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Anyone know anything about Brigids V GarryCastle?

Comment

Don't know anything about the hurling one Ciarrai, but think you're spot on in the football bets fwiw.

Comment

meath havnt won away from home since beating wexford by 3 points in 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                              Don't know anything about the hurling one Ciarrai, but think you're spot on in the football bets fwiw.
                                                                                                              Lets hope its a case of great minds/thinking alike and not fools etc...Keano.

What the fcuk is the story with that avatar..can't zoom in properly so don't get it..explain yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                                                                                                Lets hope its a case of great minds/thinking alike and not fools etc...Keano.

What the fcuk is the story with that avatar..can't zoom in properly so don't get it..explain yourself!
                                                                                                                All for a good cause

If I didn't have avatars turned off I dunno if I could stomach it!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                  Well, that run will come to an end barring a meteorite hitting Mullingar on Sunday!

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                    You mean in the league? That's probably only six or seven games in fairness. Cusack Park must be one of the easier places they'll have bussed to in that time as well.

Comment

All for a good cause

If I didn't have avatars turned off I dunno if I could stomach it!
                                                                                                                      Yeah..best leave avatars off till March 1st then!..Good cause though. WP.

Comment

You mean in the league? That's probably only six or seven games in fairness. Cusack Park must be one of the easier places they'll have bussed to in that time as well.
                                                                                                                        All games not includiing the ones in Croker. It will be a typical performance when we play Westmeath away i.e. play absolutely horrendous and somehow manage to bink a 1/2 point win

Comment

John Dalton added to the list of KK retirees. Most there's been in an off season for a long time

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X