Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lumped on as well.

Comment

KK -4 @ 6/5 with PP is a max bet lads, really think Dublin are sitting ducks for this one, they have 4 key players injured, KK have all there big players back with the exception of Tennyson and they will be smarting from their league final collapse, people have been far too hasty to proclaim the demise of this KK and there is definitely a few kicks left in them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
        KK -4 @ 6/5 with PP is a max bet lads, really think Dublin are sitting ducks for this one, they have 4 key players injured, KK have all there big players back with the exception of Tennyson and they will be smarting from their league final collapse, people have been far too hasty to proclaim the demise of this KK and there is definitely a few kicks left in them yet.
        KK should win alrite,think i'l be doubling them with Clare +4 @ 4/5. I think Clare have a real chance of winning this game, and the handicap is far to generous to turn down!!
        "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

KK -3 @ 10-11 with Bet365 is the nap for today. KK dont like getting beaten especially in finals and will be all out to avenge their League defeat. KK players back, Dub players out.

Comment

I must say London are a great price. However i think the absloute banker and a bet i will be lumping on this weekend is Kildare and tyrone double. The double pays just under evens but imo its an absloute banker. FREE MONEY

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
              I must say London are a great price. However i think the absloute banker and a bet i will be lumping on this weekend is Kildare and tyrone double. The double pays just under evens but imo its an absloute banker. FREE MONEY
              London have been freely available from last week at 5/4.While i know that is now gone i not sure where you are getting your prices from.

Double at just under evens?

Boyles go 4/5 London still on their own.
              Tyrone are 1/3.

Min you shoud be looking for double 1.4/1 (Around 11/8)

My error just realised its Kildare Tyrone double back to sleep i go!!!
              Last edited by corigi; 05-07-11, 07:12. Reason: My error just realised its Kildare Tyrone double back to sleep i go!!!

Comment

However i think the absloute banker and a bet i will be lumping on this weekend is Kildare and tyrone double. The double pays just under evens but imo its an absloute banker. FREE MONEY

I think this is a Great bet also,Laois will however give Kildare a game of it so i do believe there will be somewhat of a sweat

Comment

Also i think Galway will beat Cork in the hurling i cant see the Rebel Defence holding the Galway attack especially with the tactics the Cork Management whom we are not exactly fond of down here will deploy.
                  Galway played a two man full fwd line Damian Hayes and J Canning v Clare and literally ripped them to shreds although they were poor against Dublin,it was Joe Cannings first inter county game for a while and they seem to have got there act together.
                  Our inability to score goals against quality teams is a huge minus,Galway 5/6 Paddypower

Comment

London are still available @ 5-6 with Hills though good luck trying to get money on with them.

Offaly should be too strong for Limerick @ 10-11 - Bet 365

Comment

Originally posted by Warper View Post
                      London are still available @ 5-6 with Hills though good luck trying to get money on with them.

Offaly should be too strong for Limerick @ 10-11 - Bet 365
                      First lesson of GAA betting never ever bet for or against Offaly, fcukers are impossible to catch right and capable of anything against anyone!

Comment

First lesson of GAA betting never ever bet for or against Offaly, fcukers are impossible to catch right and capable of anything against anyone!
                        here here....

Comment

Fridays Irish racing post is well worth getting for the GAA season lads. Some great winning tips over the past few weeks, like Declan o Sullivan MoTM at 9/1 among others. Alternatively I'll just get it and post the tips up here
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                            Also i think Galway will beat Cork in the hurling i cant see the Rebel Defence holding the Galway attack especially with the tactics the Cork Management whom we are not exactly fond of down here will deploy.
                            Galway played a two man full fwd line Damian Hayes and J Canning v Clare and literally ripped them to shreds although they were poor against Dublin,it was Joe Cannings first inter county game for a while and they seem to have got there act together.
                            Our inability to score goals against quality teams is a huge minus,Galway 5/6 Paddypower

I agree Galway are a great bet for the weekend. i can see the odds of 5/6 getting backed in. the difference between all the odds on the games this morning ae very different to that of last week.
                            Although there are a lot of matches at ridiculously short odds there is money to be made. the likes of tipp, dublin, armagh, antrim and down are all odds on at 1/6 or over. Put the 5 of them together you get evens. i hate putting more than 3 teams in an accum but its very hard to see any of these teams lose.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              Alternatively I'll just get it and post the tips up here
                              Thanks man, sound

Comment

Fridays Irish racing post is well worth getting for the GAA season lads. Some great winning tips over the past few weeks, like Declan o Sullivan MoTM at 9/1 among others. Alternatively I'll just get it and post the tips up here
                                Yeah, it's a super read alright and it's given me 6 winners from 7 bets over the last 2 weeks.......

Comment

Can one of ye remind me of that on Friday please - I've got a terribad memory...

Comment

The Liverpool of the GAA so

Comment

The Liverpool of the GAA so
                                      Oh absolutely, put it this way if they were playing football against a bunch of tourists from Egypt who had never seen a gaelic football I wouldnt back them but on the other hand if they were playing hurling against KK who were going for 16 AI's in a row and Ofally were missing 37 off their original panel I wouldnt back against Offaly

Comment

Looking ahead to the Meath v Galway game. PP have odds up on total Meath goals -
                                        15-8 over 1.5
                                        6-1 over 2.5

15-8 looks alright considering Meath are the goal machine of the GAA, of course only if Cian Ward plays but how can he not pick him now.

Comment

Have London gone too short at this point??? Boyles gone 13/8 Waterford.

People getting carried away on this London bandwaggon or are Waterford that bad.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Have London gone too short at this point??? Boyles gone 13/8 Waterford.

People getting carried away on this London bandwaggon or are Waterford that bad.
                                            People getting carried away IMO . Tough match to call but Waterford are great value now at 13/8, I'm having some of that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                              People getting carried away IMO . Tough match to call but Waterford are great value now at 13/8, I'm having some of that.
                                              +1 - it's swung too much now.

Comment

what about Galway against Cork??

6/5 +1 seems pretty good value after the way they demolished Clare, if they play near to what they can they should have plenty for cork!!

Comment

Like that Galway bet.

Agree that Waterford are now too long in the football

Waterford treble this weekend (Football, senior and minor hurlers) - 33/1. All Aboard!

Comment

Regretfully Tipp over 2.5 goals @ 5/4 is a cracking bet. Waterford's defensive issues are well documented and Tipp have scored 3 or more goals in their last 5 championship games

Comment

Thoughts on Longford v Tyrone?

I haven't seen a whole lot of GAA this season, but this is surely a win for Tyrone, and looks like there could be some good value in the alternative handicaps
                                                      -4 (5/4), -5 (17/10), -6 (9/4)?

Comment

07/07/2011

Treble To Win

Tipperary Over 2.5 Goals @ 13/8
                                                        Over/Under Team A
                                                        Tipperary v Waterford

Pending

Limerick Over 2.5 Goals @ 11/10
                                                        Over/Under Team A
                                                        Limerick v Antrim

Pending

Meath Over 1.5 Goals @ 15/8
                                                        Over/Under Team A
                                                        Meath v Galway

Pending

Comment

@ Wolf.....Wouldn't get carried away with that one. Longford take the qualifiers very seriously, beat Mayo last year and ran Down very close inNewry. They've also given both Dublin and Kerry serious scares in recent years and while obv not at the same level as Tyrone are a useful enough outfit.
                                                          Prob depends on how Tyrone approach the game but I think Longford might go close.

Comment

Waterford team for Sunday. Bizarre to say the least!

Hennessy
                                                            Fives
                                                            J Maher
                                                            Connors
                                                            Browne
                                                            Brick
                                                            Moran
                                                            Molumphy
                                                            Foley
                                                            E McGrath
                                                            S O Sullivan
                                                            Mahony
                                                            Mullane
                                                            Walsh
                                                            B O Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by BigDeal View Post
                                                              Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              +1 - it's swung too much now.
                                                              Cheers, yeah fairly dramatic swing from the original prices alright, almost 100%. The real line surely somewhere in the middle, london maybe as slight favs.

Any insight on your footballers Kev or is it all about the hurling?

Also what do people think of Kildare -3 at 5/4
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Cheers, yeah fairly dramatic swing from the original prices alright, almost 100%. The real line surely somewhere in the middle, london maybe as slight favs.

Its all about the hurling. Although Shane Briggs is missing for the footballers and will be a loss.

It should also be said that despite getting relegated from division 3, this is far from a bad Waterford team and certaintly a helluva lot better than what we had say 5 years ago. Despite one heavy loss to Wexford in Div 3, our other loses were just by a couple of points, and we beat Limerick and Tipp. In fact a 3 point swing in our favour in each of the last 2 games and we'd have been promoted to division 2.

3 years ago Waterford missed out on promotion to division 3 from the division 4 wasteland when they went to London and lost by a point due to some magnificent mismanagement by the county board. So this, along with most of the country writing them off for this game, and the chance of winning a first ever football qualifier for the county will be motivation enough.

I would also make it London slight favs due to home advantage, however the price on Waterford has definitely swung big enough for them to be value now

Comment

-3 @ 5/4 seems about right IMO.
                                                                  The qualifiers are notorious for producing flat performances from teams who suffered a big disappointment last time out, making me very reluctant to back big handicaps, hence my wariness with both Kildare and Tyrone, both will prob win but I think both games could be quite tight affairs.

Comment

Waterford v London should be about evens I'd say, W/ford have def improved a lot over the last couple of years

Comment

It's on the tight side imo, Laois have been good this year and BigDeal is right about the effect the last game could have on Kildare this weekend.

Comment

wouldnt get too carried away with galway(hurling) v cork,they beat a very poor clare team and cork will put up a better fight than that,cork gave tipp a decent game,and came back at them a little bit,just think theres a bit of grit in this cork team.tho they were bad v offaly,than again galway looked poor nuff v dublin.reckon a draw for a intrest!
                                                                        in the football think meath(2/5) will beat galway who look very poor,offaly(4/5) will beat limerick if they turn up in the right frame of mind,like they did v monahan.best "outside bet for me is longford @3/1,trust me on this,they have a very good football team and on their day could put it up to any team.the price on london is gone,tho i did have a good cut of them @11/10,had them the last time @ 9/4,so just lumped the whole lot again.
                                                                        i know this sounds crazy,but i backed the first score of the munster final to be a tipp point from a free,my thinking behind this is that davy fitz will fire the lads up,and i reckon the waterford lads will need no ball for the first 10-15 mins,just flake away like mad,which might result in a free to tipp,ah davy the mans a nutcase but ya gotta love em!
                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

So I'll throw up a few bets from the Irish racing post supplement. Recommend going out and buying it though as there's lots of interesting opinions.

They tip on the standard 1-5pts scale and some prices have changed from when written so these may not all be accurate with current prices.

Minor bets

Dublin -4 vs Meath 3pts 10/11 Hills

Clare -3 vs Waterford 2pts 11/10 PP

Club Bets

These are all Sligo clubs afaik

St Johns to beat Tourlestrane 3pts 11/8 PP

St Mary's, St Molaise Gaels 2/1 double PP

Senior Hurling

Both Ollie Canning and Dan Shanahan like Waterford +6 at evs.

Antrim +11 at 11/10 popular as is Galway to beat Cork at 5/6

Shanahan(pretty shrewd) thinks there's value in Seamus Callanan first goalscorer for Tipp. 1pt 10/1 Boyles

Senior Football

Meath probably most fancied -2 Evs.

Kevin Mcstay most bullish about Tyrone -3 4pts 10/11 VC and Offaly 4pts 5/6 Bet365.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

So I'll throw up a few bets from the Irish racing post supplement. Recommend going out and buying it though as there's lots of interesting opinions.

They tip on the standard 1-5pts scale and some prices have changed from when written so these may not all be accurate with current prices.

Minor bets

Dublin -4 vs Meath 3pts 10/11 Hills

Clare -3 vs Waterford 2pts 11/10 PP

Club Bets

These are all Sligo clubs afaik

St Johns to beat Tourlestrane 3pts 11/8 PP

St Mary's, St Molaise Gaels 2/1 double PP

Senior Hurling

Both Ollie Canning and Dan Shanahan like Waterford +6 at evs.

Antrim +11 at 11/10 popular as is Galway to beat Cork at 5/6

Shanahan(pretty shrewd) thinks there's value in Seamus Callanan first goalscorer for Tipp. 1pt 10/1 Boyles

Senior Football

Meath probably most fancied -2 Evs.

Kevin Mcstay most bullish about Tyrone -3 4pts 10/11 VC and Offaly 4pts 5/6 Bet365.
                                                                            Sweet, I'd obv forgotten about this

Comment

Longford will push tyrone all the way

Dublin minors look class I hope Im wrong but thats a good bet against Meath.

I suppose Meath -2 is a good bet I dunno

Comment

This is his verdict on the Longford Tyrone game

There seems to be a growing confidence to Longford's ability to cause a shock this round but I just can't see where its coming from. Longford were unfortunate to lose to Laois and have beaten a very poor Cavan team since but the fact remains that at the very best they are a mid-table Division 3 team and they face a team that is still in the top five sides in the country. Tyrones demise has been widely predicted this year but they were the better team against Donegal and had they taken their chances that day, they would now be preparing for an Ulser Final. The two McMahons are back tomorrow and if young players like Aiden Cassidy and Kyle Coney can step up to the mark, Tyrone's class will shine through. For the nuetrals, it would be great to see Longford cause a shock but they won't witness one here.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Going with this for 2mrw for a start anyway. Odds are PP.
                                                                                  Tyrone -4 @11/10(All this talking up Longford is ridiculous IMO)
                                                                                  Kildare -2 @10/11 (Think they will be well fired up after Dublin game and should do damage,Laois improved slightly,but that was a poor Tipp team)
                                                                                  East Kerry @1/3 (up against a club side shorn through emigration they should win comfortably)
                                                                                  Austin Stacks @1/4 (v Kilcummin...Might be tighter than odds suggest but Stacks are a better team)
                                                                                  Crusaders @ 8/15 in Super rugby final.

Roughly 9/1 with PP.
                                                                                  "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                    Like that Galway bet.

Agree that Waterford are now too long in the football

Waterford treble this weekend (Football, senior and minor hurlers) - 33/1. All Aboard!
                                                                                    One down, just the easy two to go now

Comment

One down, just the easy two to go now
                                                                                      EASY MONEY

Comment

Originally posted by kenttheking View Post
                                                                                        EASY MONEY
                                                                                        SLIGHT MALFUNCTION

Comment

Originally posted by kenttheking View Post
                                                                                          EASY MONEY
                                                                                          lol obv not Ray. This on the other hand was money for jam.....

Regretfully Tipp over 2.5 goals @ 5/4 is a cracking bet. Waterford's defensive issues are well documented and Tipp have scored 3 or more goals in their last 5 championship games

Comment

lol obv not Ray. This on the other hand was money for jam.....
                                                                                            yea nice kev that was painful to watch m8

Comment

PP have Kildare minus 2 to beat Meath in Navan @ evens. Placed

Comment

PP have Kildare minus 2 to beat Meath in Navan @ evens. Placed

Steaming into this..kildare will muller meath.

Comment

we'll see

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                    we'll see
                                                                                                    u goin to the game man?? just wondering cos im headin up on my own

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                      u goin to the game man?? just wondering cos im headin up on my own
                                                                                                      not sure yet Im working most of saturday so I dunno if I can get back down in time

Comment

not sure yet Im working most of saturday so I dunno if I can get back down in time
                                                                                                        there warning not to go up without a ticket to avoid dissapointment its capped at 20,000 thought it could hold more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                          there warning not to go up without a ticket to avoid dissapointment its capped at 20,000 thought it could hold more than that.
                                                                                                          it can - the official capacity is closer to 30k but because the 2 terraces behind the goals are only grass banks health and saftey have restricted it to 20k

Comment

it can - the official capacity is closer to 30k but because the 2 terraces behind the goals are only grass banks health and saftey have restricted it to 20k
                                                                                                            are u-16s still free at the turnstiles? or do u have to buy a ticket and get a refund up there?

Comment

we'll see

IMO kildare are a few points ahead of meath this year, will be good match though is it on telly?.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                                IMO kildare are a few points ahead of meath this year, will be good match though is it on telly?.

Its on the telly and Kildare -2 @evens is a max bet
                                                                                                                twitter
                                                                                                                moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                                  Its on the telly and Kildare -2 @evens is a max bet
                                                                                                                  I would have to strongly agree with this,Kildare under performed against Dublin and had a few questionable decisions go against them throughout the game,McGeeney has them seriously fit and is almost now setlled on his best 15,Meath will as they always do will give it everything but it wont be enough.

Comment

Down (v Antrim)
                                                                                                                    Galway (v Waterford)
                                                                                                                    Kildare -1 (v Meath)

Treble on boyles, is getting pummeled by me anyway. Prob do a value added accum with Roscommon and Donegal later on aswell. Add Donegal and Ros (+4) to the above and its 5/1...
                                                                                                                    "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Double of Over 1.5 goals in the Limerick-Waterford match @ 8-13 and Over 0.5 goals for Down in the Antrim-Down match @ 1-2. Odds of nearly 6-4 (1.43 to 1) with PP.

Antrim have conceded goals in their 3 games this year including 2 in Casement the last day to Carlow and prev. in Casement 1 to Westmeath. Down have scored goals in each of their games.

Limerick scored 3 the last day in the Gaelic Grounds home to Offaly and even scored 3 against Kerry earlier on whereas Waterford scored 1 in London and prev. scored 2 against Cork.

Comment

Thoughts on this weekend's football folks?

Seems pretty straightforward Kildare, Cork, Tyrone, Wexford all looking fairly probable winners...

Comment

I was taken aback by Limericks price in the hurling. Are Dublin really that superior Kev?
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X