Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
    Is it not over exaggerating the impact of the draw to push Golden Horn out from 9/2 to 6/1

I'm far from an expert, I know nothing at all about much of the field but 6/1 looks fairly tasty.
    Theres a desperate win record from those so called coffin boxes. Treve is the only one for years that has won out of such a wide draw. I never put too much stock on draws but you have to respect the stats here.

Comment

Respect the stats my hole. Last time im ever taking a bad draw into account that isnt a 5f or 6f race!.

Comment

Fennis Moll meant to have a great chance in 405 Stratford
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Daryll Jacob is riding out of his skin recently and just rode a pearler from the front on Fox Norton there at Market Rasen. I think the big Nicholls yard with competition smothered him but he's riding better than any jockey right now.
          Ruby Walsh comes off way too easily these days.

How about Solow!
          SPOILER
          Never forget!

SPOILER

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
            how about Solow
            Delighted Gleneagles got stuffed after all the dicking around over the summer. You're not a great horse if you can only handle one type of going.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Word about for Indian Road runner in the next in ffos Las.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                Fennis Moll meant to have a great chance in 405 Stratford
                Nice shout!

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                  Nice shout!
                  9/1 winner happy days. Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Comment

335 Gowran Yes I Am, needed a few runs and heard that trainer only has him right now.

Comment

Sorry about the last one ...only can go on what the trainer says....earth sister is meant to win the mares bumper in Wexford tomorrow.

Comment

Sorry about the last one ...only can go on what the trainer says....earth sister is meant to win the mares bumper in Wexford tomorrow.
                        Good man, keep them coming. Im sure everyone here understands the risks. Best of luck with it

Comment

I see Jennie's Jewel goes in a flat race at Galway today. 2nd fav but I'm sure it will serve as a pipe opener too?.

Comment

Egg
                            Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                            I see Jennie's Jewel goes in a flat race at Galway today. 2nd fav but I'm sure it will serve as a pipe opener too?.
                            Hopefully a pipe opener for what is likely to be her last season in training.
                            She doesn't look well treated by the conditions against welds but she is well in against the rest.

Actually today was the main plan for this season but not this race, she was to run in the Cesarawich a couple of weeks ago as a warmer upper for taking down the November handicap. But the feckers insisted on having the Nov Hcp in Oct during a drought so that meant she hasn't been able to have a run.
                            So because of the weather forecast we wrote off Leopardstown and went for this instead thinking that the rain would come. It doesn't sound like there has been enough rain and with Welds good horse in it I won't be going mad on her at 5/2 though there is no question of minding her hcp mark as that ship has sailed.
                            Its a very odd day, I'm away this week and there has because of a death in the family none of the usual crowd will be at the races. I'm missing the chance to go to the only racecourse in the country I have never been to but it would be very nice to say that you had a winner there.
                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-10-15, 11:07.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Was that MDO'C's first Group winner yesterday GAB? I know LoN won a Listed.

Was thinking he had gone quiet the last few weeks so great for him to win that before the season finish. Trounced them too!

Comment

Congrats Strewel👍.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                  Congrats Strewel👍.
                                  +1 delighted WP.

Comment

That was fairly awesome The neighbourhood William Hills didn't know what hit it when a gang of us came in backed her and roared her home

The young lad rode her well and fair play to Jarlath for coming up with the option of this rather than Leopardstown when there was no chance of the rain that she would have needed to run on the much firmer ground in Dublin.

What a mare - Onwards and upwards!

Comment

Is Cheltenham's Open meeting worth a spin over?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                        Is Cheltenham's Open meeting worth a spin over?
                                        Highly recommended and imo more enjoyable than the festival.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          Maxing out on Airoforce EW in the 7.30 Keenland to get the Breeders Cup off to a flyer.
                                          Great shout UL winner was exceptional

Comment

Genial from Ryan Moore tbf.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Genial from Ryan Moore tbf.
                                              Ya enjoyed that immensely despite the lack of profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                Maxing out on Airoforce EW in the 7.30 Keenland to get the Breeders Cup off to a flyer.
                                                Forgot I backed this so didn't watch race. Delighted to see he placed so wouldn't mind another shout over weekend if you're feeling that way inclined. As always with the tips, thanks very much. They're appreciated.

Comment

Knockinarrigan 315 Down Royal, didn't want it this wet but should have a good chance

Comment

Charlie Hall looks a good renewal today - anyone fancy anything?

I see Dynaste (7/2) had a pipe opener in France a few weeks ago but GABs old favourite Menorah (13/2) goes well fresh here winning it last year first time out. Decisions......

Comment

Knockinarrigan 315 Down Royal, didn't want it this wet but should have a good chance
                                                      Just had my PP account open & see the balance jump up. Forgot i backed this

Comment

Found wins this.
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Found wins this.
                                                          Indeedy. wd AO'B

On Lasix the ATR team said?

Comment

Found wins this.
                                                            Had a good day but Golden winning would have capped it off. Pharaoh in the main still running to close a couple of double & a treble. Heres hoping.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              Had a good day but Golden winning would have capped it off. Pharaoh in the main still running to close a couple of double & a treble. Heres hoping.....
                                                              Have layed him so not with you on this one
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Keen Ice at a great price imo

Comment

melbourne cup on at 4am

started off liking who shot the barman at 25s until I realised racing post had the ground wrong, I believe it is good to firm as opposed to good to soft

Anyways aidan o brien sending over Bondi beach who was an unlucky second in the ledger and gets a weight of 8-4 this is an open race but 20/1 seems a decent price

any thoughts? the japan horse must come back into it, if it is good to firm, some big prices on some big horses,

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                    melbourne cup on at 4am

started off liking who shot the barman at 25s until I realised racing post had the ground wrong, I believe it is good to firm as opposed to good to soft

Anyways aidan o brien sending over Bondi beach who was an unlucky second in the ledger and gets a weight of 8-4 this is an open race but 20/1 seems a decent price

any thoughts? the japan horse must come back into it, if it is good to firm, some big prices on some big horses,
                                                                    Max Dynamite & Hartnell for me. Would love to see Red Cadeaux get its head in front....

Comment

Trip to Paris ew for mise.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

looks good alright, tough to squeeze ew value at just 7/1 in this race?

Comment

Max Dynamite & Hartnell for me. Would love to see Red Cadeaux get its head in front....
                                                                          2nd for Max, Unlucky,

What do I know, 4th

Well a 100/1 shot won, Its is a handicap after all, that means a lot of broke aussies
                                                                          Last edited by poprock; 03-11-15, 09:25.

Comment

Jebus that Simon Mapletoft is a terrible hole plugging air filler. Seems to be full bore on ATR now. Are they waiting for the freezing snowed out weather when there is noting going to just wind him up and let him speak all day to fill the time.
                                                                            He reminds me of the Will Hill audio where the same few sentences is repeated until the next race arrives and its not till about the 3rd time you hear it that you realise its on loop.

Comment

Fundalk tonite

Got a call re Settle for Red in Dundalk tonite 8.00

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                Boom. Some finish. Thank you sir.

Comment

Legend! Some great tips on here at the minute. Keep them coming 👍

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Tightlips View Post
                                                                                    Legend! Some great tips on here at the minute. Keep them coming 👍

Ew bet for today from same lad on Friday nite
                                                                                    The herds garden 2.15 naval
                                                                                    Decent 14/1 at the moment

Comment

Ew bet for today from same lad on Friday nite
                                                                                      The herds garden 2.15 naval
                                                                                      Decent 14/1 at the moment
                                                                                      Did he ur at start or during race? Money back if at start?

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                        Did he ur at start or during race? Money back if at start?
                                                                                        During. Just looked like an unlucky landing to me as he was going well.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                                                                          During. Just looked like an unlucky landing to me as he was going well.
                                                                                          Going well :-), UR at second hurdle.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                            Rezwaan in the next at Kempton imo
                                                                                            Runs again tonight under optimal conditions - 1m3f at Kempton, blinkers and Shane Kelly aboard.

20/1 currently which suggests he's not due but monitor closely for market support. Will either be last or up there.

Comment

Good word for Chiclet Dundalk 605. only 2/1 now so a lot of the value gone (4s last night).

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                Good word for Chiclet Dundalk 605. only 2/1 now so a lot of the value gone (4s last night).
                                                                                                Sorry shocking performance

Comment

Jennies set to run in the Grabel at Punchestown, a race named for a great mare that I was a huge fan of and a race we had always aimed for with Jennies but have never run in before for one reason or another.
                                                                                                  She has been working so well since Galway that she seems to be in the form of her life. I hear that Ian and Jarlath were both very bullish about her well being after schooling on the curragh the other day.The ground should suit and I would hope that there will be enough pace to make it a proper race.
                                                                                                  It was a bit surprising to see Mullins leave all his runners in the race with Ruby riding grade one winner Gitane Du Berlais (Thats the one that won chase at limerick at christmas and Danny Mullins couldn't pull it up it was so keen to do another lap after it had won in great style). Whiteout is well suited by the conditions and Ricci's mare is better than her last two runs. MrsMcVeale is in great form lately but if it goes to plan I'd hope to be able to hold off her and Kates Benefit.
                                                                                                  That a late decision to use the inner track on the first circuit

The guy on Irish racing hits me right in the feels when he points out that despite a few great runs at the track she is 0 from 8 at Punchestown where a win would be really special for us.

If there were another couple of runners I'd be lumping into the ew at 6/1 but as it is its probably a bit shy of a fair price at the terms.

Anyway we'll throw out a One Time for her to earn a deserved Punchestown win.

Comment

Each time I go through the Paddy Power Chase the Charles Byrnes/JP/Geraghty horse Shanpallas off 10st 13 jumps off the page. Was a close 6l 6th in this last year after a poor jump at the last. Since has won a Munster National and ran well in The Galway Plate. 20/1 with 5 places looks good to my eye.

#Colours

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                      Jennies set to run in the Grabel at Punchestown, a race named for a great mare that I was a huge fan of and a race we had always aimed for with Jennies but have never run in before for one reason or another.
                                                                                                      She has been working so well since Galway that she seems to be in the form of her life. I hear that Ian and Jarlath were both very bullish about her well being after schooling on the curragh the other day.The ground should suit and I would hope that there will be enough pace to make it a proper race.
                                                                                                      It was a bit surprising to see Mullins leave all his runners in the race with Ruby riding grade one winner Gitane Du Berlais (Thats the one that won chase at limerick at christmas and Danny Mullins couldn't pull it up it was so keen to do another lap after it had won in great style). Whiteout is well suited by the conditions and Ricci's mare is better than her last two runs. MrsMcVeale is in great form lately but if it goes to plan I'd hope to be able to hold off her and Kates Benefit.
                                                                                                      That a late decision to use the inner track on the first circuit

The guy on Irish racing hits me right in the feels when he points out that despite a few great runs at the track she is 0 from 8 at Punchestown where a win would be really special for us.

If there were another couple of runners I'd be lumping into the ew at 6/1 but as it is its probably a bit shy of a fair price at the terms.

Anyway we'll throw out a One Time for her to earn a deserved Punchestown win.
                                                                                                      Best of luck SP, you are certainly getting the rain you always wish for!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
                                                                                                        Each time I go through the Paddy Power Chase the Charles Byrnes/JP/Geraghty horse Shanpallas off 10st 13 jumps off the page. Was a close 6l 6th in this last year after a poor jump at the last. Since has won a Munster National and ran well in The Galway Plate. 20/1 with 5 places looks good to my eye.

#Colours
                                                                                                        Funny enough i felt the same. GL us as its a bit of a lottery.

Comment

I'd come to the same conclusion about Shanpallas as well, great minds...

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                          Best of luck SP, you are certainly getting the rain you always wish for!!
                                                                                                          Possibly too much.
                                                                                                          Ruby was talking about the race he knows as much if not more about Jennies than we do. Their plan whatever it turns out to be seems to be to be all about her.
                                                                                                          GduB wins easiest when she is allowed lob along in front and have it all her own way, Ian's going to need the stopwatch in his head to be working right today I think.

One Time

Comment

I had also backed Shanpallas already before reading this!

Comment

Annacotty and Splash of Ginge just on trends really.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Ugh! Very disappointing
                                                                                                                She was backing off all the hurdles which she just can't afford to do at that pace against good horses and at a distance thats a mile short of optimum.
                                                                                                                Could be she is minding herself a bit more as she ages. I'd still love to be running over 3 miles in the right sort of company but there are very few options.

Ah well back to laying highly rated hurdlers in beginner chases
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 14-11-15, 13:42.

Comment

Generous ransom for me 20/1, low weight today 10 7 and the rain has come, Also not to far of Irish Cavalier at near similar weights at this course who is 11 9 today

Comment

Annacotty and Splash of Ginge just on trends really.
                                                                                                                    Good shout. Seriously considered him but backed Irish Cavalier.

Comment

Sizing John enhanced to evs, sprinter sacre to 5/1 both with PP. Max 20 on each

Comment

Got good word for
                                                                                                                        Champagne harmony in the bumper in Cork
                                                                                                                        7/1 in boyles

Comment

Got good word for
                                                                                                                          Champagne harmony in the bumper in Cork
                                                                                                                          7/1 in boyles
                                                                                                                          Nice one John

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X