Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gazman59 View Post
    I see clutchingatstraws runs tonight! gl to all involved.
    Ugh. She seems to have a knack of finding trouble.
    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I reckon I woulda won on her , jockey seemed utterly lost , only got her balanced and focused about 50 yards from the line.

Comment

I knew you would disagree with that !
        But from my perspective , it didn't look like a great ride , she was the best horse in the race IMO and he got her beat.

Maybe she is a tricky ride but he didn't seem to know whether he wanted to go up the inside or outside , and she looked very unbalanced at times , then he seemed to be fumbling around for a while before finally getting her going too late. And he didn't seem to get her to settle very well early on either.

Do you think he did nothing wrong and the result would of been the sane with Emmett on it ?

Comment

Not true , I only had a small bet tonight , but was screaming wtf are u doing at the jock about 4 diff times before 50 yards out, actually thought she had got up watching it live , but really think she wins that race 8 times out of 10 if ran again

Comment

Always amazes me when a horse being ridden by a 7lb claimer , receives a ride you would expect from a seven pound claimer and people give about it . Would she win it 8 out of 10 times carrying half a stone more with a professional jock ?

Comment

Just because she didn't get the rub of the green doesn't necessarily mean the jockey is to blame.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                Just because she didn't get the rub of the green doesn't necessarily mean the jockey is to blame.
                100% true . My point was more to the general case of people backing a horse ridden by a 7lb claimer and expecting them to race ride / make split second decisions like a seasoned pro. Presumably backing at a price they think is value but that perceived value is more than likely what the bookmaker has factored in for being ridden by a 7lb claimer.
                Last edited by horatio1; 27-02-15, 23:14.

Comment

Smooth talking rascal worth a small ew and place only market in the 4:05 lingfield . Hopefully get away a bit better from his good draw than he has been doing of late.

Comment

I'd be happier if rain was as general as the 10/1 but ... 10/1
                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                      I'd be happier if rain was as general as the 10/1 but ... 10/1
                      backed her too today for the first time in a while, glgl. Shame this forecast rain hasn't come but she looks a false price imo

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                        Smooth talking rascal worth a small ew and place only market in the 4:05 lingfield . Hopefully get away a bit better from his good draw than he has been doing of late.
                        Only got around to watching this now , Shane kelly really is a master of his craft, tiocfaidh ar la.

All over gold club in the last at kemp tomorrow night.

Comment

The 4.50 at Downpatrick was like something out of The Quiet Man

Comment

Just heard Savello is going for the champ chase. Really fancied it for the county hurdle.
                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Only got around to watching this now , Shane kelly really is a master of his craft, tiocfaidh ar la.

All over gold club in the last at kemp tomorrow night.
                              Nice one, followed on this.

Opr

Comment

With the quality of the card at leopardstown tomorrow it's probably sacrilegious to mention a horse in a Southwell handicap.

Ruban in the 1535 has been very unlucky in his last two runs . He had a rough passage through his last race and was badly hampered a furlong out before getting going again to fly home for second. He won his maiden over c&d beating a horse called trimoulet 6 lengths who has gone on to hose up in two hcaps in the last couple of weeks . I have him a 6/4 shot and the 11/4 with boyles is huge.
                                Of course it goes and wins next time out!

Comment

Moviesta perhaps worth chancing at 8's in this upcoming Meydan sprint, Sole Power never looks great outside summer months and rest are fairly modest level performers. Moviesta has shown levels of form making him capable of winning this if he's fit enough first time out.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

FASCINO RUSTICO 3.10 sandown 16s great bet

Comment

Ballista worth a small ew flutter from his good draw in the 1600 wolly

Comment

Owega Star runs in the 5.00 Naas tomorrow. Running on more favourable terms against the favourite Living Next Door. While the form ties in well with Foxrock etc... I'm probably biased but I don't rate Foxrock.

I think everything went in favour of the fav that day and that the rise in the weights might be enough to stop it. Owega Star still has some 10L to make up.

Particularly the run in the Troytown sticks out for me when Owega was only beaten by an Elliott masterclass in handicapping a horse for a race and getting the loots on...

I see 7/2 is currently available...while I was expecting nearly a point more I've taken a bit..Might put more tomorrow if I get a bit of 9/2..Just because of the week ahead I won't be going too mad

GL me
                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Ladbrokes going Evens Annie Power currently for a short time, max bet £100.
                                          Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 10-03-15, 09:10. Reason: Sterling

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                            Ladbrokes going Evens Annie Power currently for a short time, max bet 100.
                                            In shops?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                              In shops?
                                              There hardly open are they at 9? if they are it will be available.

Comment

Local laddies was open at 8.45 3-1 Douvan and 1-1 Annie Power between 9 and 9.15
                                                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                                  Local laddies was open at 8.45 3-1 Douvan and 1-1 Annie Power between 9 and 9.15
                                                  Assume both prices are gone now yes??

Comment

MBS on Douvan winning today on Paddys
                                                    and on the arkle
                                                    Last edited by DeadParrot; 10-03-15, 09:57.
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Is GAB scheduled to generously share is wisdom again or should I start throwing some darts at the form?

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
                                                        Is GAB scheduled to generously share is wisdom again or should I start throwing some darts at the form?
                                                        Think he's sticking them in the Cheltenham thread this morning according to his post last night.

Comment

Is PP's MBS offer only online or in shops too? Says 'Refund credited as a free bet' on their site and doesn't mention shops.

Comment

Is PP's MBS offer only online or in shops too? Says 'Refund credited as a free bet' on their site and doesn't mention shops.
                                                            It's definitely in the shops.
                                                            I thought i seen full refund although I've been told it's a free bet. I think i'm right.

Comment

Faugheen odds on 💸💸💸
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                It's definitely in the shops.
                                                                I thought i seen full refund although I've been told it's a free bet. I think i'm right.
                                                                Free bet imo

Comment

His picks are in the tipping thread

Was struggling to come to a conclusion on ch earlier and eventually decided that jeski was worth a point at9/2 strolled into a laddies and they are going 8/1
                                                                  Our was like a sign ... A magic sign

My cunning plan to finance the week by laying Annie for all the loots looking not very cunning right now ... Feck Blake and all these sure thing merchants...Balls of steel baby

Comment

Shops and online, free bet and if you backed e/w you will get the win stake back only.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                      His picks are in the tipping thread
                                                                      He threw them up on Twitter earlier, cheers.

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

I dunno what it is, I just cannot get behind Jetski at all.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                            I dunno what it is, I just cannot get behind Jetski at all.
                                                                            small horse ? big heart but I don't fancy it at all either. laylay to be nowhere.
                                                                            I'll be doing a podcast for luckins downs for Saturday. stay tuned.

Comment

wow

Comment

Mullins talking up Arctic Fire again

Really likes that horse!

Comment

Not a huge profit but very happy with my picks today! I actually thought Artic Fire was gonna win there for a second lol

Her sky-ness
                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Annie Power for the fillet steak dinner
                                                                                    Did a massive mullins bet a week or so ago for all faves (including don poli, but thankfully that's voided)

Comment

Will go on Nina for the National Hunt

Comment

Annie Power for the fillet steak dinner
                                                                                        Did a massive mullins bet a week or so ago for all faves (including don poli, but thankfully that's voided)
                                                                                        Polly Peachchum for a shot of Botox please
                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

mrs on polly for obvious reasons
                                                                                          I cannot believe that

Comment

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh robbed!!!!
                                                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Balls of steel baby

Comment

I did tell the whole pub here before the race that it was impossible she would be let win,that if she got to the last in the lead there would be a sniper in the stands to take her out

Going to be some craic when the ruby rides for the bookies conspiracy theorists get going
                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 10-03-15, 16:35.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                                  Shops and online, free bet and if you backed e/w you will get the win stake back only.
                                                                                                  Do you just march up with the losing betslips and they give you a voucher? Or do you need to have the free bet ready to place?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                    Do you just march up with the losing betslips and they give you a voucher? Or do you need to have the free bet ready to place?
                                                                                                    Free bet was ready to place.

Read online that you have 7 days to claim or somthing along those lines, so a free bet ready would be ideal.

Comment

Paddy power refunding all mullins fourfolds

Comment

Heartbreak yesterday. Im all in on Windsor park in the first.

Comment

Kirtling in the 2.20 in Huntington. Big price. Dodgy tip from the fruit market.
                                                                                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

No-one like Mr Mole?

Comment

No-one like Mr Mole?
                                                                                                              me!!! tenner each way
                                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                                                Heartbreak yesterday. Im all in on Windsor park in the first.
                                                                                                                YES BOY

Comment

winning

Comment

Un Atout
                                                                                                                    and Lac Fontana Ew nibbles in this

Comment

Goodwood mirage please

Comment

Work is getting in the way. In atout here to get a start
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

shammick boy small ew bet
                                                                                                                          Daneking ew bet
                                                                                                                          Activail small bet win

Daneking please
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X