Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
    Looks to be very well in if the jockey is worth the 7 pound claim, he's a tricky ride so pilot would be a worry for me. Best of luck.
    Jock did nothing wrong. Tricky ride = mule. Sorry anyone who followed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      jaysus 20/1 e.w. hope there was more than a euro on it
      50 e/w although I give KP the credit for being my lucky charm

Backed Nichols Canyon too and then essentially locked up the loots and went boozing with messrs Nuts and HiFi. Good day out! Some roar for AP.
      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Great shout by the podcast to take the 10/1 AP about Petite Parisienne following on from the 12/1 dead heater from Hughes yard the previous week. Anyone not listening to it is really missing value as well as the entertainment.

Thanks Noel and Co.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          50 e/w although I give KP the credit for being my lucky charm

Backed Nichols Canyon too and then essentially locked up the loots and went boozing with messrs Nuts and HiFi. Good day out! Some roar for AP.
          Tremendous day's sport, capped by 5-star comfort spin home from Mrs Hifi.
          WP Raoul D!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sirtoyou View Post
            Great shout by the podcast to take the 10/1 AP about Petite Parisienne following on from the 12/1 dead heater from Hughes yard the previous week. Anyone not listening to it is really missing value as well as the entertainment.

Thanks Noel and Co.
            Hear hear!
            Was honoured to meet Kevin Blake and Robbie McNamara today with the oracle #HayesWise.
            Final Furlong FTW

Comment

keppols queen fnacied to run a really big race today worried about the ground soft ground fine will rellish heavy hope it doesnt dry out to much owner really hopefully to get this to cheltenham was giving this last week aswell but called of due to bad weather ice frost
              Last edited by jazzyfish; 10-02-15, 14:29.

Comment

also ran into a good source of mine gave me layline in 3.05 southwell 6-1 told to stick 50 win on no noting about this horse myself

Comment

shinyhappyjohn 6.05 to win nap dundalk

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                    shinyhappyjohn 6.05 to win nap dundalk
                    Good luck - money back on Boyles if 2nd (Edit- as a free bet up to €25)

Comment

no dice
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Big Chief Benny 5/1 @ Ascot 4.50

I work with a lad who has a share in this. Word from him is that he is working great at the yard - although the line is they just want him to go forward from the debut. It's debut was very impressive imo (while being plenty green too) with the top 2 pulling 18 lengths clear of 3rd. On paper it is a competitive bumper but I really think this 5/1 could be big value.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                          Big Chief Benny 5/1 @ Ascot 4.50

I work with a lad who has a share in this. Word from him is that he is working great at the yard - although the line is they just want him to go forward from the debut. It's debut was very impressive imo (while being plenty green too) with the top 2 pulling 18 lengths clear of 3rd. On paper it is a competitive bumper but I really think this 5/1 could be big value.
                          Been keeping an eye on this. Out to 7's now. Worried?
                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                            Been keeping an eye on this. Out to 7's now. Worried?
                            It is likely because of money for Wait for Me. Doesn't change anything for me. Nice e.w. price now. More profit if it wins!

Comment

Sigh. Not a happy valentines day

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                Sigh. Not a happy valentines day
                                Missed it, any use at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                  Missed it, any use at all?
                                  No, last in the end. Seemed to be travelling well until about 5 out and didnt find anything.

Workmate on FB: "One of those days. That's not his running. Nothing went for him. See what comes to light"

Comment

Had my first cheltenham ap mug treble. Champagne Fever 5/1QM, Nichols Canyon 7/1 supreme and Vautour 5/2 JLT with Boyles all Nrnb. Before CF won today.
                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Entries for the bumper in Naas on Sunday make interesting reading

11 entries all potential Cheltenham bumper contenders entered but just three owners and four trainers!
                                      Gigginstown have 5, Ricci 4 and Wylie 2
                                      7 of the runners are from the Mullins yard and 2 from Elliot's with Eoin Griffin and Noel Meade having one each.
                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                        Entries for the bumper in Naas on Sunday make interesting reading

11 entries all potential Cheltenham bumper contenders entered but just three owners and four trainers!
                                        Gigginstown have 5, Ricci 4 and Wylie 2
                                        7 of the runners are from the Mullins yard and 2 from Elliot's with Eoin Griffin and Noel Meade having one each.
                                        The like of that will kill national hunt racing, no room for the little people, I read somewhere that Gigginstown, Wylie, Ricci and JP have got 80% of all prize money in Ireland this year

Comment

We will head to Punchestown tomorrow with Jennies Jewel hoping to get a good solid run in and to make sure she gets her confidence back. She had a week or two on the easy list after Thurles and is back to race fitness now.

It looks like a very competitive race, Little King Robin has shown what she can do and unless there was to be a lot more rain (which there isn't) its going to be hard to reverse the Gowran form. Analieft looks like she is returning to the kind of form that saw her rated as one of the top novices last season and Ross O'Sullivan's french import Baie Des Ile has Neptune Triumph and MAres hurdle entries so they must be expecting great things from it. Of all the entries Harrington's Rock on the Moor looks to have the most scope for improvement beyond its bare form. It went into my notebook as the one who was looking most likely to trouble morning run before it fell the last day.

Comment

Wasn't expecting to see her back so soon, all the best.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Two of interest on the sand tomorrow ;

Deftara lad 1535 ling. has received a kind introduction in 3 maidens particularly when " not ideally placed" by Shane kelly on its second run before staying on . Has been nibbled at and I have had a small bet. If it drifts in the morning it's dead money.

Squire 1810 kemp. Surprised to see 8/1 with lads. Wasn't suited by a lack of pace when well backed last time and I thought it did well to finish 4th. Should get a true run race tomorrow . Each way steal imo.

Comment

Hard to believe Ruby will make the weight on the 4 yo.

Cracking race, agree that harrington's looks a big price. Gl gl.

Comment

GL today Sp

Comment

GL sp. Hopefully drying ground and the inner track don't mitigate against her too much.

Comment

GL sp. Hopefully drying ground and the inner track don't mitigate against her too much.
                                                      That was a bit of a curates egg. Obviously very happy she got around safely and paid for the day out. Wouldn't be too happy with the amount of momentum she lost with some slow hurdling, undoubtedly the ground played a big part today, ok there was one softish patch down the back but today rode closer to good than to the official description.

The system for measuring the ground appears to be to be completely arbitrary. We went out this morning and walked the course and used the same stick I used when we walked it before the race in May - despite the soft to yielding description I am 100% certain that that ground was drier and had less give in it today than it did when the description was good to yielding. Its just not good enough for them to use random words when it would be easy to implement a scientific approach.

Comment

Visible light meant to win the bumper in clonmel...
                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                          Visible light meant to win the bumper in clonmel...
                                                          ?? Can't see any horse by that name running in the bumper.

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                                            ?? Can't see any horse by that name running in the bumper.
                                                            He's running 16.30, 5/2.

Comment

Really like subtle knife 1630 ling tomorrow. Considering how hard it is to make up ground from off the pace at Chelmsford , he did really well to finish second last time under an apprentice. Close to last turning in he stayed on really well to the line . Lumpage for me.

Comment

Got word from a 2/2 source including a 20/1 and 8/1 winner for Asian Wing Dundalk 8.35. Currently 7/2.

Gonna do him big single and double with the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                  Got word from a 2/2 source including a 20/1 and 8/1 winner for Asian Wing Dundalk 8.35. Currently 7/2.

Would want to be the offspring of Frankel and Treve to defeat the well-named beast Poker Gold. For the day that's in it.

Comment

be fun in the SE if this romps it.

Subtle knife never really got going
                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                      be fun in the SE if this romps it.

Subtle knife never really got going
                                                                      Will indeed be fun, didnt see Subtle Knife.

New small double with *Ability and Deliver 6.45 Wolves.

*Hoping for another GAB edit

Comment

6.05 dundalk cutting coners for the win

Comment

Would want to be the offspring of Frankel and Treve to defeat the well-named beast Poker Gold. For the day that's in it.
                                                                          1st 2 Poker Gold
                                                                          2nd 5 Cristy's Call
                                                                          3rd 8 Asian Wing

Opr

Comment

RDIII knows more than GAB.
                                                                            Fact

Comment

Easy game the pokers

Comment

I was so tempted to change my bet to poker gold because of the night that was in it ffs

RD the sly fucker prob had a fortune on it lol
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

I was so tempted to change my bet to poker gold because of the night that was in it ffs

RD the sly fucker prob had a fortune on it lol
                                                                                  GAB wouldn't give me 5/1. He knew.

Comment

PP doing their Chelts MBS on Douvan and UDS. Nice start to the festival.
                                                                                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                                                      €50 max refund. As a free bet too. God be with the good ol days

Comment

32redsport new customer offer 3-1 of any willie mullins winner on day 1 this should make even better

Comment

Link?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                            €50 max refund. As a free bet too. God be with the good ol days
                                                                                            Backing every horse in the supreme for the free loots.

Comment

Link?
                                                                                              Saw it on twitter earlier. Cant find it on PP.

Comment

Saw it on twitter earlier. Cant find it on PP.
                                                                                                Got it here http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse...=last7DaysNews

Comment

One bet for me today - Ryansbrook Thurles 16.20 @3/1. I'm due

Comment

So Willie has no less than one hundred and seventy five entries made for cheltenham and Felix Younger is not one of them. It is however entered in a 18 furlong, 13K conditions hurdle in Leopardstown that we are thinking of running Jennies in on Saturday if it doesn't dry out too much between here and there.

WT actual F

I'd be tempted to think that the entry was a clerical error if it wasn't that he is the only horse they have entered on the card.
                                                                                                    I can think of half a dozen horses he has who would be well treated by the conditions but this lad last ran over hurdles off a mark of 147 which would leave him 10lbs well in with Jennies and 17 with the likes of Golantillla.
                                                                                                    I suppose there must have been some sort of a setback or bad fall on the gallops.

Comment

So Willie has no less than one hundred and seventy five entries made for cheltenham and Felix Younger is not one of them. It is however entered in a 18 furlong, 13K conditions hurdle in Leopardstown that we are thinking of running Jennies in on Saturday if it doesn't dry out too much between here and there.

WT actual F

I'd be tempted to think that the entry was a clerical error if it wasn't that he is the only horse they have entered on the card.
                                                                                                      I can think of half a dozen horses he has who would be well treated by the conditions but this lad last ran over hurdles off a mark of 147 which would leave him 10lbs well in with Jennies and 17 with the likes of Golantillla.
                                                                                                      I suppose there must have been some sort of a setback or bad fall on the gallops.
                                                                                                      Clearly willie lurks here and doesn't like you, if cheltenham wasn't so close he would probably have Annie power following you around :-)

Comment

I see Davey Russel put Jennies Jewel up as his tip for the Mares down in Cork..

Mares Hurdle :

host Emmet Kennedy heard from Rich Ricci that Annie Power WONT run here

(JB) If its soft Bitofapuzzle EW

(DR) Without Annie power its a tough race maybe Jennies Jewel EW

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post

Mares Hurdle :

LOL really

Anyone got a video

Comment

LOL really

Anyone got a video
                                                                                                            Is she going?

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                                                                                                              Is she going?
                                                                                                              Only if it rains enough between here and there.

We don't need to call it until the day before but it will have to be properly soft not what they call it. Last year it was supposed to be good to soft but when they walked the track in the morning it was only safe enough to run but by race time it was like tarmac

Comment

Here in woodlands at Cheltenham preview night, Russell saying Annie power going in world hurdle?????? Panel questioning it!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                                                                  Here in woodlands at Cheltenham preview night, Russell saying Annie power going in world hurdle?????? Panel questioning it!!!!!!!
                                                                                                                  I think it would the right decision for her and I can see Ricci preferring the WH for other reasons.
                                                                                                                  IMO unless the ground is bottomless 18f on that track is likely too be sharp for her against some of this crop of mares.
                                                                                                                  I've been laying her at 1.75 even with the possibility of Jennies running in it so obv that is an encouraging rumor. I might even be inclined to spend some of the profit backing her for the WH if she was to go there..

Comment

4.30 newbury manballandall

2.30 newbury minella rocco

2.00 brook was told this would win the fred winter over bidourey but floped last time out im gonna give it a shot today back to win or just watch it up to yourselfs

4.00 lingfield squats

all to win bar brook but if comes back he could do the job today
                                                                                                                    Last edited by jazzyfish; 27-02-15, 12:22.

Comment

+ i start laying on the fly 50-50 chance he wont even run even if he does run cant see him in the top 3 on better ground

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post

Mares Hurdle :

After listening to the podcast its a fair oul stretch for anyone to say she won't run in the mares. However I think Ricci's comment about the possibility of winning all the championship races and his ambiguity about at the end of the chat when he was nominating his bets makes his preference clear.
                                                                                                                        I think its going to need to be a strong preference from Willie to see her in the Mares race.

#prayforrain

On that the forecasts through to the middle of next week are showing feck all rain so I wouldn't be at all optimistic at this stage.

As regards tomorrow I see Felix Yonger in the tissue at 7/4, I can see anyone offering that having their arm snapped off

the adhusted hcp looks like this
                                                                                                                        Looks like a one hoss race on paper and there is no reason I know of not to expect him to run close to his last hurdle mark.
                                                                                                                        With the ground drying and Western Boy Golantilla and Gerdago all on the upgrade I don't think its going to be in any way an easy race for Jennies but she is in good form and if she can jump a bit sharper and runs to her mark she could be in the shakeup should FY not perform.

Comment

I see clutchingatstraws runs tonight! gl to all involved.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X