Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That gimp Johnson was deffo doing the commentary on the racetrack - hes an annoying specimen. Holt may have been doing it if the race was on Ch4, he has a good voice.

Comment

Was told from a normally reliable jumps source to back manballandall in the 1535 plump. Backed it ew at 9/1. Hopefully no more non runners as its down to 8 runners at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
        Was told from a normally reliable jumps source to back manballandall in the 1535 plump. Backed it ew at 9/1. Hopefully no more non runners as its down to 8 runners at the moment.
        was goona put this up aswell nap with ablitiy and deliver in wolverhampton

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
          Bryan Cooper riding Jennies Jewel on what will be her favoured very heavy ground tomorrow in Thurles.
          should be a price too with Vroom Vroom Mag in opposition, hopefully gets the 8 runners
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Bryan Cooper riding Jennies Jewel on what will be her favoured very heavy ground tomorrow in Thurles.
            Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
            should be a price too with Vroom Vroom Mag in opposition, hopefully gets the 8 runners
            Looks like all 8 are intending to run however there almost certainly will be a change in the ground to heavy by the time tomorrow comes around which will give anyone who wants it a get out of the race free card.

Bryan schooled her twice in the last week (as he had the day before Clonmel) and was delighted with her. She jumped for fun and adjusted well when she needed to.
            Obviously Mullins' mare is a machine and hasn't put a foot wrong in either run here. It was interesting that he has a half dozen that you would have expected to have seen entered for this race didn't nominate anything else a week out, unless Ricci and other owners have started complaining about the blanket entering policy he uses there is a message there, I'm not sure exactly what it is but it sounds ominous.
            Of the rest of the field there are a few that have to be expected to come on a lot for their recent runs.
            Overall we would have to be hopeful that Jennies would be the one to capitalise on any mistakes or weaknesses that Vroum Vroum Mag shows. I wouldn't be too optimistic about the bookies making any mistakes with her in the without markets.
            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I know they have.
              LOL, I'm not surprised!
              Rich people don't really hate money shock horror

Comment

Race is a bad each way punters wet dream if it remains 8(prob unlikely).

Has she shown any ill effects at all from the fall lto Strewel?
                Profit before people.

Comment

5/1 on boyles, 7/2 on pp.

threw a couple of bob on
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Charlie Swan to give up training according to the RP.
                    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post

Has she shown any ill effects at all from the fall lto Strewel?
                      None apparent. The first day she schooled after she went to pop three hurdles and was a bit all over the place at them but when she went over the chase fences she flew them.

I was looking back at a few videos there looking for MUTB's and ew value Down Aces jumping in the North at christmas was like a different horse from what we'd seen before, if Carbberry can get the same out of her again she won't be far away.
                      When Gitane De Berlais was getting ready to do another lap at Limerick Hell Cat Maggie looked like it was was closing on it and and went into notebooks as being bound to improve loads for what was its first run over fences. But its worth noting that O'Grady is quoted as saying that good ground is the key to her.

Comment

Goes ahead and no NR as yet. Heavy, heavy to soft is the official going atm so they must have missed the worst of the weather.

Comment

Paddy Power are scumbags, Sprinter Sacre was any price you like on betfair yesterday for ascot, nothing on the pink side, PP pushed him out to 15/8, Hoover up all the casual money from punters who wouldn't realize he was a likely non runner.

Declared this morning and insta even money again. I know the will be run won't he run was factored into the 15/8 but he was 1.1 not to run, betfair market is a good indicator.

Tried to pull a fast one and I hope they got filled in at 15/8.

Comment

Best of luck today SP

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                              Paddy Power are scumbags, Sprinter Sacre was any price you like on betfair yesterday for ascot, nothing on the pink side, PP pushed him out to 15/8, Hoover up all the casual money from punters who wouldn't realize he was a likely non runner.

Declared this morning and insta even money again. I know the will be run won't he run was factored into the 15/8 but he was 1.1 not to run, betfair market is a good indicator.

Tried to pull a fast one and I hope they got filled in at 15/8.
                              They were going 5/4 with a run at lunch time yesterday.

Comment

Ladbrokes paying 1/4 odds on Jennies Jewel race everyone else at 1/5 looks best priced with them too at 9/2

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                  Ladbrokes paying 1/4 odds on Jennies Jewel race everyone else at 1/5 looks best priced with them too at 9/2
                                  Never mind that shit, all on the nose

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                    Never mind that shit, all on the nose
                                    fortune favors the brave.
                                    I went e/w @ 5/1 but just realized now it was a bit of a pointless bet.
                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Jumped awful there even before the fall. Hope she's ok

Comment

Ugh. ul there for decent place money sp.

Comment

Jumped awful there even before the fall. Hope she's ok
                                          Only hear on radio, presume she was held at the time? Likewise, hope she is ok.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                            Only hear on radio, presume she was held at the time? Likewise, hope she is ok.
                                            She clattered the first , Cooper did well to stay seated, then put in her usual game performance to contend near the finish but you'd have to think earlier exertions caught up with her as well as being put off by the loose horse as she put in a tired jump at the last.

Massive chasing potential though if she can put in a clear round.

Ul Strewel.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

She clattered the first , Cooper did well to stay seated, then put in her usual game performance to contend near the finish but you'd have to think earlier exertions caught up with her as well as being put off by the loose horse as she put in a tired jump at the last.

Massive chasing potential though if she can put in a clear round.

Ul Strewel.
                                              Yeah, did very well to be in contention at the last and seemed to be pushing for one last effort at getting up, potentially would have done it too. The loose horse was a massive factor, very unfortunate but hopefully both come out of it ok.
                                              Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Troytown Chase, November 2105.

/End Transmission
                                                She'll be a bit old and I hardly expect to be around myself to be honest.

Comment

Ugh!

Looks like she's ok just a bit sore. We'll see in the morning.
                                                  opinions are polarized between what finkle and the sitch think... I'd be more inclined to what GAB is thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Ugh!

Looks like she's ok just a bit sore. We'll see in the morning.
                                                    opinions are polarized between what finkle and the sitch think... I'd be more inclined to what GAB is thinking.
                                                    Looked a strange decision by Cooper to switch her inside to where the loose horse was going to the last (bear in mind I know fuck all about race riding) and surely contributed to the fall? Was never going to get close to Vroum Vroum Mag but keep her on a straight line, fiddle the last and that's 10k + more black type.

Strikes me if that had been Ian there would have been criticism so Cooper shouldn't be immune. I'm a big fan of his fwiw.

Dunno. Will leave it to the experts.

Comment

Liking a few in Ascot today.

Bitofapuzzle 1.35, just bet by thepiratequeen lto and stayed on well to the line, steps up in trip today & should only improve.4/1

Niceonefrankie 3.35, 2for2 on track,in the form of his life romping home in last couple of races, ground ideal so don't think the 7lb hike will stop him. 5/1 is a very fair price imo.

Also think Garde la victoir a class above the rest in his race and I'll be surprised if he runs his race and doesn't win.should cope with top weight I reckon.

Exciting to see Sprinter Sacre back,fingers crossed he blows them away but I'm not overly optimistic.

Comment

Thought Sprinter ran very well for a horse coming back from a lay off. Think if he comes out of the race well and stays fit he'll go very close at Cheltenham.
                                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                          Thought Sprinter ran very well for a horse coming back from a lay off. Think if he comes out of the race well and stays fit he'll go very close at Cheltenham.
                                                          Exact same as Big Bucks last year, they never come back

Comment

Exact same as Big Bucks last year, they never come back
                                                            This, I'm afraid.

Comment

Always like the Thyestes, anyone fancy anything?

Gallant Oscar a decent E/w bet to nothing?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

The job is right

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

I'd be a layer at the current prices, its making the fav look backable.

Maybe the Lobstercatcher is weighted to place at a decent price, Swan's horse is back close to a fair mark too could make a nice retirement present for him.

Am close enough to bailing out of here to head down

Comment

The job is right
                                                                    Yep he's the one for me too ,really like him for this.
                                                                    Think Swordfish could put in a big run at 16's as well.

Not a race ive ever had much joy in mind you.

Heading to Leopardstown Sunday looks like a good days racing.

Comment

Backed Vasco Du Mee ew at 33's.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                        I'd be a layer at the current prices, its making the fav look backable.

Maybe the Lobstercatcher is weighted to place at a decent price, Swan's horse is back close to a fair mark too could make a nice retirement present for him.

Am close enough to bailing out of here to head down
                                                                        hard to see lobstercather turn form around with sword fish think both out of there depth hear ,,,
                                                                        Sadlersflaure can see winning should improve on second run for the harrighton team

Comment

The job is right
                                                                          Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                                                            Ouch
                                                                            didn't see race, what happened? nm saw it there.
                                                                            Last edited by careca; 22-01-15, 15:48.

Comment

Henderson has one (1) novice chaser entered at cheltenham, Josses Hill, and Jonjo doesn't have a single one entered.

Mullins has 21 in just the Arkle and the RSA not counting the Jewson and the Novice handicap

Comment

Give Persepolis a decent ew shout in the 1435 ling. drops back to mile for the first time since landing a touch at kemp and the stewards called them on over his last run.

Got a tip for Gary in the 1430 at Navan from a lad who said he got it off shark Hannon . Had a look last night and saw it was 33/1 with a 7lb lady jock and thought nah. Seems to be a few quid for it this morning but that might just be your man telling everyone he knows.

Comment

The fav there is very interesting, Tyner trained and lobbed into a hcap off a feather weight, just won a p2p with no form to speak of before that, well supported now.
                                                                                  Ive taken a bit at 5's.
                                                                                  Last edited by NoRiverRequired; 24-01-15, 11:54.

Comment

everyone just lump on apachie jack nap

little jon to win today
                                                                                    Last edited by jazzyfish; 24-01-15, 12:11.

Comment

This Peace & co looked a serious tool LTO no price obv but looking forward to watching him run.

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                                        everyone just lump on apachie jack nap

little jon to win today
                                                                                        Nice bit of luck there happy days!

Comment

Cheers Jazzy!

Comment

That was a bit special.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

That was a bit special.
                                                                                              And nice to see owners other than O'Leary, Ricci, JP etc with one that good.

Comment

He's also turned the Arkle into the type of betting market you love at a big festival.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

He's also turned the Arkle into the type of betting market you love at a big festival.
                                                                                                  This might be completely nuts but why not go straight for the Champion Chase? Very soft looking field this year.

Comment

Lol at Philip Rothwell's kids on RTE finding the whole thing boring, then again dad hadn't trained a winner since April!
                                                                                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Great days racing, The Fly was just amazing, wouldn't be surprised if they bring him back to Leopardstown for another couple of years.

Delighted for Rothwell must be huge to get that monkey off his back.

LOL at Ruby objecting to Cooper catching his horse on the snot when he has come in four meters to put himself where he shouldn't have been.

Comment

This might be completely nuts but why not go straight for the Champion Chase? Very soft looking field this year.
                                                                                                        Sounds like a plan to me. I remember looking at the stats a few years ago and finding that the Arkle is often won in a faster time than the Champion Chase.
                                                                                                        I suppose the biggest argument would be lack of experience, I think he has only jumped in public twice apart from the fall at Thurles but I'd see that as more of an argument for avoiding Cheltenham completely.

I see the times today were
                                                                                                        4m. 11.80 secs, which is 6.64 secs fast
                                                                                                        but in the handicap chase where they didn't look to me to hang around at the start it was 3.35 seconds slow
                                                                                                        Last edited by Strewelpeter; 25-01-15, 19:09.

Comment

That moment when you are trading the bumper on betfair and you see the fav you have laid drift drastically when it looks to me that its travelling fine down the back until you realise that you live paused the channel a few minutes ago... and then it all works out beautifully in the end

Comment

3/1 with a run so maybe not completely insane just yet.

Carpe Diem lads.

Comment

Has Mullins ever run a novice in an open championship race

Comment

Has Mullins ever run a novice in an open championship race
                                                                                                                Not that I can think of. But he is already a 7 y/o, clearly miles ahead of the rest of the novices and the Champion Chase is there for the taking.

I doubt they will do it but it's certainly a (bold) option worth considering. Fortune favours the brave etc etc.
                                                                                                                Vautour is a pretty handy sub for the Arkle.

Comment

Not that I can think of. But he is already a 7 y/o, clearly miles ahead of the rest of the novices and the Champion Chase is there for the taking.

I doubt they will do it but it's certainly a (bold) option worth considering. Fortune favours the brave etc etc.
                                                                                                                  Vautour is a pretty handy sub for the Arkle.
                                                                                                                  In this case it may suit everyone I suppose because I'm sure Ricci wants to run Vautour in the Arkle. Although I'd be wary of running into Sprinter Sacre a small bit, I'm in the camp of he was entitled to need that run and the way he travelled impressed me.

Comment

8/1 is huge about Elleval in the next at Meydan. 🏇
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

For those who have not watched it check out See the World in the 4.40 bumper at Wincanton. Crazy.

Last edited by White Knight; 29-01-15, 18:09.

Comment

I think that Un de Sceaux is the last type of horse I'd want to be running in the Champion Chase as a Novice. He's about as Novicey as you can get, brilliant at the same time. Personally I think that Sprinters would put him on the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                                                                                          I think that Un de Sceaux is the last type of horse I'd want to be running in the Champion Chase as a Novice. He's about as Novicey as you can get, brilliant at the same time. Personally I think that Sprinters would put him on the floor.
                                                                                                                          You'd have to take him on to put him on the floor, and Sprinter Sacre doesn't race like that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X