Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
    I made a note of Sheilas Wish a couple weeks ago after she last ran when i backed it that day. Runs again in the 5pm Navan today at 25/1. Actually ran a promising race in my eyes last time despite coming last(eased up when beat) but she did travel well before getting cut up against the rail turning in and lost position. Cheekpieces on for the first time now and has Donnacha O’Brien on who seems a handy 7lb claimer in form. So with conditions looking good and this longer trip likely to suit better i fancy her chances to go well today and have backed her each way but will win sooner than later. Each way 4 places are paid.

tldr: Sheilas Wish 25/1 5pm Navan if you want to have a throw away bet
    He ran today at 525, in leopardstown, finished 8th, I watched all his races yesterday and failed to see the potential so dindt bother posting about it today , maybe his mark will drop a bit and he will find a race

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
      He ran today at 525, in leopardstown, finished 8th, I watched all his races yesterday and failed to see the potential so dindt bother posting about it today , maybe his mark will drop a bit and he will find a race
      Yeah todays race was harder than the last which tells me his connections just want to see the horse run. Will win in turn so will probably pay to back blind!

Comment

First one was very good btw. Look forward to the 2nd installment tonight.
        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Don't think the European challenge looks the strongest this year out in the Breeders.

Luck of the kitten ew at 12's in race 6 and Close Hatches 4's in race 9 my only punting interest tonight.
          Profit before people.

Comment

Also great shout GAB @Dundalk.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Got to love GAB, what a podcast, glad its back. TY sir.
              where would one watch his next tip in the breeders cup? EDIT ATR EASY
              Last edited by Jibzzzz; 31-10-14, 22:55.

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                Got to love GAB, what a podcast, glad its back. TY sir.
                where would one watch his next tip in the breeders cup? EDIT ATR EASY
                What is the tip for the breeders? took a quick listen of the podcast there and can't locate it.

Fantastic podcast btw GAB, brilliantly put together

Comment

No nay never runs in the 6 and half fulrong sprint at 9.05 tonight in the breeders cup meeting,
                  A great bet at round 6/1 in this race, bit disappointing to seem coolmore have bought and are retiring him to stud after this race.

Comment

No nay never runs in the 6 and half fulrong sprint at 9.05 tonight in the breeders cup meeting,
                    A great bet at round 6/1 in this race, bit disappointing to seem coolmore have bought and are retiring him to stud after this race.
                    Seemed to get very agitated at the start and the outrider wasn't helping . Unlucky .

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                      Seemed to get very agitated at the start and the outrider wasn't helping . Unlucky .
                      Yeah, powers giving money back as free bet if 2nd so takes a bit away of the pain

Comment

GL Mcnugget...
                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Cheers Pat, probably didn't learn as much as we thought we were going to but more than happy with the performance.

Comment

best be carefull win the first in dundalk

Comment

Maybe you should "be carefull" with your tips. Some people might not be aware of your tip:win ratio. Just post ones that you're sure of. Just for future reference.

Comment

Jesus, some fall in the 8.30 at Dundalk, amazed jockey and horse came out relatively unscathed

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                  Maybe you should "be carefull" with your tips. Some people might not be aware of your tip:win ratio. Just post ones that you're sure of. Just for future reference.
                                  .. agreed, assured winners in future pls

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                                    .. agreed, assured winners in future pls
                                    people not happy with my tips so im gonna stop posting hear from now on

i dont no any tipster with 100% strike rate gl in the future everyone

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post

Ffs Jamie Nicnic was tongue in cheek, Cascarino is a Muppet. Keep the tips coming boss

Comment

Please dont go jazzy, your tips are very good, Dont listen to such an ignorant remark

Nicnic was just mocking the post above his

Comment

...exactly what other two said...you've been on a par with the almighty Gab for a couple of years now...you two are loved and needed for many people's bank account...
                                          ...sure even Keith Barry got it wrong today...

Comment

As you seem to be keeping a tally, could you post whatever tip/win ratios you ve recorded please, and an idea of sp would be handy too in order to judge profitability. Thanks.

I assume you have fairly detailed records given the tone of your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                              As you seem to be keeping a tally, could you post whatever tip/win ratios you ve recorded please, and an idea of sp would be handy too in order to judge profitability. Thanks.

I assume you have fairly detailed records given the tone of your post.
                                              This years irish greyhound derby. First, second and third tipped from the start. Winner tipped at 100/1.

Comment

This years irish greyhound derby. First, second and third tipped from the start. Winner tipped at 100/1.
                                                So you tipped two losers? Not fucking good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                  So you tipped two losers? Not fucking good enough.
                                                  Hah yeah a 33/1 and a 50/1 each way loser

Comment

Boards.ie just called and want their tips thread back!!

Comment

Well at least I've saved people money

That wasn't my intention JF. I was just having a harmless dig. You know much more about horses than I do. Tips generally are given as a nice gesture. It's completely up to people what they do with them. Personally, I have never backed any of your tips which is probably the main reason I still have a roof over my head (joke ) All I was saying was that you seem to be taking away from your edge (ie more knowledge than most) by posting too many tips. That's why I mentioned ratio. Obviously I have upset your fanboys. Didn't think I'd ruffle so many feathers! Which is pretty funny. I think saying you'll stop tipping is an over reaction. Nicholas was having a dig at me but not you. And as Pervival said sure I'm just a "muppet". There's elements of the emperors new clothes about all of this. But anyway, like a girlfriend of one of the members of one direction I'm being burnt at the stake for just existing. All for just saying to be more selective with your tips and not to give away your edge by over tipping. So to you JF, I think you know I meant no harm. However, to the fan boys I simply cannot apologise enough. Tips don't always win. Sure we'd all be rich if they did. Apart from myself, it's very hard for any tipster to be in profit. I graciously accept this. Why would you stop tipping if you have a good knowledge of horses? Makes no sense. I just felt that I hadn't seen many winners coming from you for a while. I think you misunderstood nicnicnic's comment and that compounded the whole thing. He, like all the fanboys are on your side. I'm not one of these people who comes on here insulting people. That's never my intention so I hope you take in all I've said here. He who hath most posts is the perennial winner of arguments on ipb it seems. Didn't think I'd get so many panties in a twist. Cue hilarious and predictable tar and feathering of the lesser known ipb member......
                                                      Last edited by TonyCascarino; 09-11-14, 03:15.

Comment

Here we go...any minute now.....my PR team are at the ready

Comment

come on now Jamie, up your game, we want 100% strike rate from you.

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                          Ffs Jamie Nicnic was tongue in cheek,

Nicnic was just mocking the post above his
                                                          What the lads said, I was just being sarky about TonyC's post.
                                                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 09-11-14, 00:55.

Comment

I think that's unfair Nicky. You don't need 100% strike rate in tips. It's all about the sp. For example if you tip a 100/1 winner, you can then proceed to tip an awful lot of losers and still be in profit. Give him a break. I wouldn't expect him to have that sort of ratio.

Comment

Well at least I've saved people money

That wasn't my intention JF. I was just having a harmless dig. You know much more about horses than I do. Tips generally are given as a nice gesture. It's completely up to people what they do with them. Personally, I have never backed any of your tips which is probably the main reason I still have a roof over my head (joke ) All I was saying was that you seem to be taking away from your edge (ie more knowledge than most) by posting too many tips. That's why I mentioned ratio. Obviously I have upset your fanboys. Didn't think I'd ruffle so many feathers! Which is pretty funny. I think saying you'll stop tipping is an over reaction. Nicholas was having a dig at me but not you. And as Pervival said sure I'm just a "muppet". There's elements of the emperors new clothes about all of this. But anyway, like a girlfriend of one of the members of one direction I'm being burnt at the stake for just existing. All for just saying to be more selective with your tips and not to give away your edge by over tipping. So to you JF, I think you know I meant no harm. However, to the fan boys I simply cannot apologise enough. Tips don't always win. Sure we'd all be rich if they did. Apart from myself, it's very hard for any tipster to be in profit. I graciously accept this. Why would you stop tipping if you have a good knowledge of horses? Makes no sense. I just felt that I hadn't seen many winners coming from you for a while. I think you misunderstood nicnicnic's comment and that compounded the whole thing. He, like all the fanboys are on your side. I'm not one of these people who comes on here insulting people. That's never my intention so I hope you take in all I've said here. He who hath most posts is the perennial winner of arguments on ipb it seems. Didn't think I'd get so many panties in a twist. Cue hilarious and predictable tar and feathering of the lesser known ipb member......
                                                              Not just you and get what your saying makes sence but the thing is I've had massive price winners and haven't put them up fir this reason people want sure things short price fav . For Gdt money I'm an odds person if the fav is 6/4 and iv word of something running a big race at 20-1 paying 1-4 the odds I'm not going to tip the fav ,,, I see something like this before so I stoped with the big out siders try to keep everyone happy wich prob cost a lot of people as I had a tip for Serbian tiger in Dundalk pissed in at 66-1 this just one ex any one feel free to check this it's a while back now ,,, if it's just winners I could post 6-4 8-11 shots all day long ,, any way I think leagal exit today should win runs really well fresh .

Comment

Do you know what Jazzy. I'll back that horse today! I actually will. Hope it wins. I really don't think you should feel unsure about putting up a 66/1 shot though. Sure if someone tips a big priced horse and it didn't win, I'd be thinking well sure it was worth a shot. People are not going to be as gutted generally if a 66/1 shot loses than say a 6/4 shot losing. I suppose the main reason there would be the stake involved and the expectation of the horse based on its price. That's just what I'd be thinking anyway. Don't know how to post screen shots up here but I'm off to back that tip now. And do you know what, I'll go on the nose! 7s with Boyles by the way and 13/2 with PP. If he wins this race might see him rolled out for Cheltenham.

Comment

Bailey Green receiving a nice chunk of weight from the two market leaders today at Navan, don't think there's a great deal between them on levels, they have grade 2 winning form but BG has arguably as good form finishing close 2nds to Sizing and Simonsig when at his best. Unless he's really amiss (was on his comeback run tbf) I can't see why he's comparatively such a big price running without a grd2 penalty here.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

@ jazz - if you are happy to put up tips I would recommend a little bit of info behind the reason for for the tip.
                                                                    This gives us fish a chance to evaluate the tip and then decide to back it or not.
                                                                    I think any of the tips I have backed of yours (winners and losers) had at least a little info behind them.

No info ...

best be carefull win the first in dundalk
                                                                    Some info to evaluate ...

any way I think leagal exit today should win runs really well fresh .

Comment

Jazz; you cleared my credit card and paid for at least one trip but posted a loser recently which frankly isn't on

Up your fucking game mate!

Ooh and pop up them 20/1 jobs; planning on getting into moar debt

Comment

Ah Jazzy knows what I mean. Wasn't expecting such a big reaction to my comment tbh. What I said was blown way out of proportion.

Anyway, it goes without saying that the last thing I wanted to do was to stop him posting tips. And I know that he won't do that.

Comment

Are you having a go on Thursday sp?
                                                                          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Are you having a go on Thursday sp?
                                                                            Its looking likely that we will go to Clonmel on Thursday for the mares grade 3 but we'll also leave in an entry for another mares beginner in Wexford the following Tuesday and see how Thursday plays out.
                                                                            Clonmel will be big ask for her but the chance to see how she goes in better company seems to make sense given the bigger picture.
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Cooper schooled her yesterday (thats her in the air in pic) just to limber her up for today and had a very positive opinion afterwards.
                                                                              Today is obviously a huge ask, may be too much rain by the time we get there but they will all have to get through it, I'd have thought 12/1 was very skinny for today. but maybe the place market will be Hopefully she'll jump well get the experience she needs and come home safe.

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 13-11-14, 08:34.

Comment

Do you not think her best runs have been in the muck? gl, gl

Comment

GL today

Comment

GL today, think you may be underestimating the effect of all those allowances you are in receipt of.

Comment

All the best to Jennies.

In that race thought shesaportait put in a very promising round of jumping at Galway lto, ground a complete unknown but 50's looks way too big based on that run imo.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

nice... and she will only get better!
                                                                                        D15 CASINO, Mulhuddart Village (opp Blanchardstown shopping centre)

Comment

Congrats Tony, great run

Comment

Well done Tony

Comment

Wowzers!!! Well done Tony, must be some Buzz!

Comment

Great result, congrats

Comment

Oh wow!

That was unreal What a mare...

Comment

Excellent, well done!

Comment

Congrats SP, great stuff.

Comment

Do you not think her best runs have been in the muck? gl, gl
                                                                                                        What did I tells ya? Buy Nathy a pint on me plz

Comment

Any chance someone has a recording of the atr coverage?
                                                                                                          I messed up the sky+ so we missed jarlaths interview
                                                                                                          What did I tells ya? Buy Nathy a pint on me plz
                                                                                                          At the port stage already, tomorrow mornings meetings are not looking good.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                            Any chance someone has a recording of the atr coverage?
                                                                                                            I messed up the sky+ so we missed jarlaths interview

At the port stage already, tomorrow mornings meetings are not looking good.

You can watch it on their site if logged in.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                              You can watch it on their site if logged in.
                                                                                                              Looks like they only post up interviews with Willie

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                Looks like they only post up interviews with Willie
                                                                                                                The interview mustn't have been live because i was watching for a good bit after and i didnt see the interview. So they probably only put up interviews that were done live.

Comment

Was down the sticks last week and got 2/2 from this guy. Reckons on ability and delivery in the 6.45 at Dundalk.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                    Was down the sticks last week and got 2/2 from this guy. Reckons on ability and delivery in the 6.45 at Dundalk.
                                                                                                                    uh oh.
                                                                                                                    I made a much larger bet on this than I planned.
                                                                                                                    Sweat is on
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                      You and the guy from the sticks may hide from Cascarino

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                        You and the guy from the sticks may hide from Cascarino
                                                                                                                        Cock.
                                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Lulz gfy

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X