Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sigh why do I listen.

Hope nobody backed it.
    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
      Sigh why do I listen.

Hope nobody backed it.
      Skinny fella rang me earlier and then met pudge in Powers. FML

Comment

May be of interest to some.

Comment

must say john joes well sharp has to be a e/w bet in ascot stakes over 2m4f with the distance the key here.9/1 the best out there.fran berry booked for one of just 2 booking there tomorrow.can pick a few holes in the top of the market,reckon well sharp should be up there with them.looks great value each way with 4 places paid.
          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

It's rare a group 1 race throws up so many doubts at the front of the market as the St James' tomorrow. The idea of the three market leaders all running to their price seems completely far fetched to me. Like if Dawn Approach hadn't ran in the Derby he'd be getting 5star treatment here (obviously would have been shorter price) but show me a horse that's performed poorly at Epsom(and he bombed) and went on to win in Ascot, there's little to no precedent. Think the story after the race may well be how poorly he's been campaigned this year.

Can't be backing Toronado after the guineas performance or any of his runs tbh, hasn't done anything visually to justify the hype, one of those you'd be happy to sidestep and if he does perform to Hughes' expectations fair enough. Vibes still continue to be poor from the right people concerning Magician too so it has to be a race where you're looking for an ew alternative at a big price hoping that the field isn't reduced to less than 8 before the race.

Think the French horse showed a decent cruising speed in the Prix Du Jockey Club there a couple of weeks ago wgere he finished in a very respectable 4th, but the 1mile 2 looked a tad on the sharp side so a drop back to a mile on better ground I suspect will suit, and happy to back each way at 33/1.
            Profit before people.

Comment

One thing to consider though is that Dawn Approach has beaten most of the opposition and is unbeaten at less than or equal to 8f.

I think one must assume 12 didn't suit.

Thus, i would not be laying Dawn Approach.

Maybe the market is priced correctly after all !

Comment

Day 1 action.

R1: Thanks to PP's kind offer I'm starting the festival with a healthy green book.

R2: Layed Shea Shea a few days ago, he's drifting to what imo looks like a more correct price now. Never easy to get a horse peaking twice in the one season and these early season Meydan types often struggle to regain the form later on in the summer. He had pace drawn beside him in the Al Quoz that I don't see happening tomorrow so he may have either plough a lone furrow or veer towards the pace, neither ideal really. Small bet on Reckless Abandon at 11/2 too.

R3: Against the front 2, Magician in the place too. Ew bet on Mshawish at 33's.

R4: Was really taken by the style in which Thunder Strike won lto. Think its a bit overlooked in the market as it's perceived to be Hannon's second string, think they could both be a bit special but be shocked if there's 3 better horses in the race than thunder strike and think the 10's is snaffle ew bet.

No bets in 5 or 6.
                Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                  must say john joes well sharp has to be a e/w bet in ascot stakes over 2m4f with the distance the key here.9/1 the best out there.fran berry booked for one of just 2 booking there tomorrow.can pick a few holes in the top of the market,reckon well sharp should be up there with them.looks great value each way with 4 places paid.
                  meh out to 14s now,so much for the mad rush to get on @ 9s,might as well top up for a score e/w at the price,the ould hung for a sheep as a lamb effort about it.

R2 just a little e/w poke on kingsgate native @ 16s with bet pack chaps
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Have to say that I reckon there is very little value in Royal Ascot as most races are very competitive.

If you have money to waste maybe go for a few outsiders.

I am wondering if mars could make the frame?

Comment

Went for DOW in the first obv with PP seems like a decent shout. Well according to the first 7mins of GABs podcast DOW seems to be the one they like

Comment

Farhh would have won that doing handstands.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Farhh would have won that doing handstands.
                          Agree, Frankels form getting boosted still

Comment

PP doing the mbs if the SP favourite wins the first tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                              R1. Id be keen to take on Animal Kingdom - dutch the next two in the market DOW and EK

r.
                              tyty

Comment

Ooff so close to getting Dawn and Magician beat, at least the latter bombed. Great race though.
                                Profit before people.

Comment

Not a bad day, 3 out of 4 lays successful but hit the crossbar with both Mshawish and Thunder Strike both finishing 4th.

Duntle one the few favs this week I'll be backing tomorrow in the Windsor and have my biggest flat bet of the season so far on The Fugue in the Prince of Wales ew at 8's, taking on the front two also, will wait till late to lay Camelot as I sense he'll shorten quite a bit from his current price. Otherwise it looks like an extremely tricky day.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

modista in the last in sligo to get my €1 lucky 63 up for 5k+....one time & all that
                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                      modista in the last in sligo to get my €1 lucky 63 up for 5k+....one time & all that
                                      Glgl

Comment

Ship ship nice one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                          Nice 1 pat, i presume dice will ship the euro millys now, that money runs good

Comment

Fair fucks Pat
                                            Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Simenon is my only single bet tomorrow. Obviously going to mess around with a couple of multiples...Investing a fair bit of what I won the other day just there e.w. My 2nd biggest ever but had a good bit layed off with the other (HF when he was beaten in CH) ..so this 1 is riskier...I'm probably mad and the drink has got the better of me but GL me

Comment

Decent day 2, got winners from Duntle, Camelot lay and the fugue placed, Al Kazeem winning did cost me a few $$ though.

Think High Jinx may be the forgotten horse in the Gold Cup today, like the 12's on offer ew.

Indian Chief my other bet of the day at 6's in the group 3 Hampton Court. Think the form will prove strong from that Dante he finished 3rd in, and given AOB's ability to get them spot on for Ascot I think any improvement on that run will make him tough to beat here.
                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Adding the American raider No Nay Never here, getting good word for him.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

just pretending
                                                    el savador
                                                    indian chief

Comment

Beast.

HIgh Jinx a non runner i the gold cup. Gonna follow gab in on Saddlers Rock now, seems confident.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Beast.

HIgh Jinx a non runner i the gold cup. Gonna follow gab in on Saddlers Rock now, seems confident.
                                                        In to 5's now.

Comment

Top trip for me

Comment

Beast.

blindly following, gl lads
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

blindly followed pat mustard when I came back drunk last night at 7/1 for €30, was gonna lay but fuck it - follow the heater!
                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                Top trip for me
                                                                Some punt on this one

Comment

best jockey riding atm
                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Have had to mute Clare Balding gushing about the trophy presentation and then they don't even show the fuckin thing

Comment

betvictor great place to bet for the next race, top 5 for e/w but if hughes places you get your money back! - their terms and conditions say the winning bet but I had a €5 e/w on a few days ago and got the €10 back(I actually got 20 because they really fucked up). Still a good promo even if it is just the winning amount
                                                                      am on cape peron for €20 win @8/1 and 3/4 outsiders for €1-2
                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

If Estimate was owned by anyone else it may have been in trouble there to keep the race. Ryan blatantly obstructed the horse behind.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Siding with Ryan Moore again here

Comment

If Estimate was owned by anyone else it may have been in trouble there to keep the race. Ryan blatantly obstructed the horse behind.
                                                                            Wow imagine being the steward to make that call

Comment

Nice shout Noel!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                Wow imagine being the steward to make that call
                                                                                Was never going to happen but they did give Ryan a ban which shows he was culpable. Wouldn't be happy if I was the Top Trip owner, looked to have the momentum, it's Ryan's job to keep his horse straight and if he verges into another horses path without any interference from any other horse I think they've a decent case.
                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

ah thought simenon was getting up today..fair play to RM..great ride... interesting race in 8.05 in leicester, think theres a few nice ones running there but not a betting race 4 me...house limit in the 8.30 in leopardstown should have a squeak

Comment

Lucky I added No Nay never yesterday as saved me from a losing day.

Not often you get 16's about a Hannon/Hughes 2yo, things not going well for them this week week but thought Midnite Angel shaped well in her maiden lto and should figure in the first 4 here.

Mister Impatience in the Cecil race too ew at 14's.

Not sure what to make of BOM's chances, solid or take on?
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Is there value today in Frankels half sister in the first race?? 5/1 with Boyles at the min?

Comment

Not sure what to make of BOM's chances, solid or take on?
                                                                                        hard race in the Derby, I think you'd want your head examined to back it today. Mutashaded e/w

Comment

got stuck into sandiva today, my old friend mezzotint is running in the last and should have a chance @ 25s

Comment

Channing or whoever it is seems confident in these two at 5pm:

Originally posted by BettingEmporium View Post
                                                                                            I think the value is to be against both of the top two and I suggest playing pretty strongly here.

My main bet is Dashing Star 3 pts each-way at 16/1 several firms 1/4 1,2,3.

My other bet is 2 pts each-way Mister Impatience at 14/1 several firms 1/4 1,2,3.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                              hard race in the Derby, I think you'd want your head examined to back it today. Mutashaded e/w
                                                                                              Between Derby day and now this, I'd say Joseph is entirely sick of the sight of Ryan Moore by now.

I wonder would Ballydoyle reconsider their No 1 spot at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                Between Derby day and now this, I'd say Joseph is entirely sick of the sight of Ryan Moore by now.

I wonder would Ballydoyle reconsider their No 1 spot at all?
                                                                                                I mean there's never been a doubt who's the better, but Joseph is improving so I cant see them switching in the short term if he persisted with him up to this point. But in the med-long term you'd have to think Joseph will start to struggle making weight.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

I mean there's never been a doubt who's the better, but Joseph is improving so I cant see them switching in the short term if he persisted with him up to this point. But in the med-long term you'd have to think Joseph will start to struggle making weight.
                                                                                                  Meh, I am obviously strictly an amateur watcher (who prefers the jumps anyway) but I can think of at least 10 jocks I'd rather have running for my money than JO'B. Never been a fan, although I can recognise that he is in the all-time classic 'can't win' situation.

Comment

snow queen and ollie olaga way over priced for this

Comment

had to take the 6/1 JTJ, even with the draw bias

time for a Spencer masterclass

Comment

Making too much out of the bias here. No statistical trends to show high draw a neg here, if anything it's the opposite. Just the judge drifting too much here.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Making too much out of the bias here. No statistical trends to show high draw a neg here, if anything it's the opposite. Just the judge drifting too much here.
                                                                                                          two widest were 1st and 3rd. Happy enough with the e/w I suppose.

Comment

That blonde fashion yoke on C4 is doing my head in, even worse than the RTE one which I thought impossible

Comment

Fucking criminal there by De Sousa on Albasharah - was thinking you can't go there a furlong before he tried to go there - should of won as easily as Sky Lantern

Comment

Don't know why I bet on Ascot year on year, can't even manage a place.

Comment

Any outsider tip here to claw back the losses? Looking at Mezzotint.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                                    Any outsider tip here to claw back the losses? Looking at Mezzotint.
                                                                                                                    Dream Tune for me. Not an outsider though.

edit:

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                                    Bubbly Bellini 3:45 and Calaf 5:30 for me in York. La win-win double yo.

Was told to keep an eye out for two horses. Malekov, a winner last time out, and Dream Tune. They think a lot of Dream Tune, like they did with Vita Nova last year and I got it from the same source, a friend of the owner. No declared entries for the latter but Malekov is down to run on Monday in Salisbury and probably worth a bet.

Dawn Approach btw, quality.

Comment

Campanology here for me gwan johnny

Comment

Had tip for que pasa in the 6.05 in down royal, same person saying corr point in the 7.10
                                                                                                                        Last edited by chips1234; 21-06-13, 17:46. Reason: Off the same guy who gave him que pasa obv

Comment

Originally posted by chips1234 View Post
                                                                                                                          Had tip for que pasa in the 6.05 in down royal, same person saying corr point in the 7.10
                                                                                                                          I have a lad in work, a total mug punter who is always shiteing on to me about his being shop adventures. This morning he was on about a tip he got for taffes in that so I had a look at the race and developed a strong fancy for que pasa... More strong formlines with jennies jewel working out.

I did have a few quid on it but the money is nothing to the pleasure of telling yer man that it was a much better value bet than his tip
                                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X