Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Conor = non runner

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
      Our Conor = non runner
      wow,any idea why?

ah see from rp that its the heavy going.
      Last edited by amberleaf; 26-04-13, 09:26.
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

ladys day always a great day out but always tough to get a winner hoping to change that this year
        15.40 fiso on friday 40-1
        16.20 competitive edge 16-1
        16.45 ballinahow lady nap 33-1
        18.40 waaheb 3-1
        19.45 festive affair 8-1

Comment

Pont Alexandre n/r lame.

Comment

managed to stumble across glens melody this time last year @ 12/1,she turned out to be a handy find.going to give County Champions a nibble @ 6/1 in the bumper which goes off at 7.10.she won really well in cork on heavy ground all be it over an extra 2 furlongs,the time was impressive enough and was to only race that day that was course average(all others were slower) so would think todays going wont be a problem.this is obviously much harder but she was very impressive running on towards the end,lots of ifs and buts as well as the unknown,but if shes on the premises a few furlongs out could have a chance.could be a bit of a fairytail story considering she cost just a 1000 euro.
            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Any opinions on Panther Claw in the 16.55 at 7s...with PP paying an extra place each way??

Comment

Originally posted by Chranchel View Post
                Any opinions on Panther Claw in the 16.55 at 7s...with PP paying an extra place each way??
                has a chance alright but is a hard enough one to work out imo,stuck in Goonyella this morning into my trixie,no value in the price but was well talked about before the national (went of at 12s)but had to be pulled up due to a slipped saddle,should be fresh & could be something to come there.panther claw has as good as chance as any to at least place if not better,notice there's now 2 non runners so check to make sure the 5 places are being paid with just the 19 runners left.best of luck with it.
                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Few quid for Spring heeled was 10s on PP about an hour ago into 6s have a v-small bet at 7s so lets hope GAB does it again.

Comment

What price do people lay HF at?
                    Profit before people.

Comment

I'd have been putting up MrGoodenough as being my ew bet of the meeting at 14/1 in the next but between him being too short and the extra rain I'm softening up on it a bit. The kind of ride Lynch will inevitably give it should be suited to the conditions.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                        Never. In Ireland, around Punchestown on heavy ground he wins all the time. He`ll barely come off the steel today.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
                          Never. In Ireland, around Punchestown on heavy ground he wins all the time. He`ll barely come off the steel today.
                          Silly answer.
                          Profit before people.

Comment

Seriatim very small e/w and in great form

Comment

carryeachother also ew chance

Comment

I certainly wouldn't lay him at 2/7 on heavy here, especially as rock on ruby hates it and u can hardly see thousand stars or so young beating him.

Comment

Silly answer.
                                  A silly answer to a silly question. He'll never hit a price where he is a lay. What would you lay him at?

Baring a fall, being brought down or he breaks down, he wins. So what are the chances of that happening?

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                    I thought there was an awful lot to like about Un De Sceaux when he won in Punch on his Irish debut - for that reason I am happy to take the odds on him to dispose of this field.
                                    Nice work sir

Comment

Waiting on Salisfy for a 4 horse accum: Anout, HF and Un de Sceaux! Have a bad feeling about salisfy however

Yippppeeee
                                      Last edited by Guest; 26-04-13, 18:57.

Comment

Great stuff agains GAB, had my second bet of the week at Punchestown on Un De Seaux. What a machine, not even off the bridle. Put half the winnings from Il Fenomeno on it.
                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Some day out in Punchestown.
                                          The fly was simply magnificent
                                          Aftertiming pretty bad here but fuck it!
                                          Probably spend half of it in naas tonight.
                                          Attached Files

Comment

in the gold cup in sandown which goes off at 3.50,Duke Of Lucca @ 20/1 & Muirhead @ 16/1 are worth 20 each way for me with plenty of boxes being ticked by both,pp paying 5 places.
                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

IL FENOMENO turned out very quickly to race again today in Punchestown. @GAB, get on again?

also HAZZAAT is a nice price at 9's on the machine, showed good enough form in maidens and is now gelded and sent handicapping, bit of a shot but usually the trainer does well with these types.
                                              Last edited by Pat Mustard; 27-04-13, 07:51. Reason: add my gelded nag
                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                Some day out in Punchestown.
                                                The fly was simply magnificent
                                                Aftertiming pretty bad here but fuck it!
                                                Probably spend half of it in naas tonight.
                                                Don't think the same person wrote those out! Well done to you and whoever all the same.....

Comment

Originally posted by billy_beckham View Post
                                                  Don't think the same person wrote those out! Well done to you and whoever all the same.....
                                                  Lol what? Its quite clearly all the same writing but do you want me to PM you some close ups before I collect to satisfy your stringent verification process?

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                    Lol what? Its quite clearly all the same writing but do you want me to PM you some close ups before I collect to satisfy your stringent verification process?
                                                    Atout in middle docket is clearly different,also Hurricane Fly written in different style... maybe you were just trying to spice things up using capitals?? Any way well done to all!
                                                    Last edited by billy_beckham; 27-04-13, 09:34.

Comment

Originally posted by billy_beckham View Post
                                                      Atout in middle docket is clearly different,also Hurricane Fly written in different style... maybe you were just trying to spice things up using capitals?? Any way well done to all!
                                                      You got me. The shame.
                                                      Wont be doing that again.

Not going to waste another moment trying to convince some clown on the internet that my handwriting although apparently a little schizophrenic is indeed mine.

Comment

5.30 cardin 40-1 nap

Comment

managed to squeeze a 20 spot outta the gold cup yesterday,might as well stick it on a fiver trixie,going with Manalapan @ 9/4 in the 5.40 in gowran park,ran very well first time out finishing 2nd behind ruler of the world and could/should be all the better from that.
                                                          in the 2.25 going with Nini Ok @ 12/1,rated 75 today and has the very impressive conor king claiming 7 on board.john jeo hanlon has a few going across the pond in ludlow,Campbonnais @ 11/2 seems to be supported this morning.

pays about €2100 if they all happen to turn up,good luck all.
                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Looking forward to seeing Victory Song in the next at Tipp, plenty of hype about this one.
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

it is starting to look like a stitch up
                                                              Yeah pre race walk in market spoke volumes. Not the worst debut but hard to see him going down the derby route where he has entries. Impeccably bred though.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Big gamble on Attridge in the 8.30 in tipp been backed from 50's into 13/2.

Comment

Elvis' Brother
                                                                  Just wanted to check out to see if he even had a brother

"Jesse Garon Presley, his identical twin brother, was delivered stillborn 35 minutes before him. As an only child, Presley became close to both parents and formed an unusually tight bond with his mother"

Bit harsh to suggest he couldn't sing

Comment

Bet 365 have massively overpriced gold-fun for the Champions Mile. When I priced the race up, I had it at 3/1, Bet 365 are 12/1. They also have NRNB.

Comment

Good oarse good oarse!. Balding made a good job of butchering the post race interview with Sheikh Mohammad.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                        Good oarse good oarse!. Balding made a good job of butchering the post race interview with Sheikh Mohammad.
                                                                        Crazy stuff. He's quite liable to pull his horses out of England given sufficient perceived cause.
                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Balding made a good job of butchering the post race interview with Sheikh Mohammad.
                                                                          Rubbish, need more like her to challenge him rather than turn a blind eye.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                            probably the fastest conviction in the history of the sport, unreal stuff, more afoot.

Comment

No. Not this time.

Comment

No. Not this time.
                                                                                Sadly, this true. Getting up on one's metaphorical high horse could rip the arse out of racing. Which is a fairly substantial industry in its own right, not least on these shores.

So yeah, soft shoe shuffle the sheikh. Even if his minions have been juicing their noble steeds up to the eyeballs.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                  Sadly, this true. Getting up on one's metaphorical high horse could rip the arse out of racing. Which is a fairly substantial industry in its own right, not least on these shores.

So yeah, soft shoe shuffle the sheikh. Even if his minions have been juicing their noble steeds up to the eyeballs.
                                                                                  I'd prefer clean sport, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Comment

Ollie Olga looks to be a bit overlooked for the 1000 tomorrow. She beat Sky Lantern fairly convincingly at Goodwood in a group 3 race, a horse whose a third of her price, Channon cites her being in season for the disappointing run at Newmarket in her following run, at 33/1 I'd be happy to take his word on this in a race where US bred fillies seem to excel throughout history.
                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 04-05-13, 19:25.
                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

I'd prefer clean sport, but you're entitled to your opinion.
                                                                                      Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer clean sport too. But it's only sport to us, it's a living to tens of thousands of others.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer clean sport too. But it's only sport to us, it's a living to tens of thousands of others.
                                                                                        I don't get that viewpoint. If that's the case you could say the same for athletics?

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                                                                                          I don't get that viewpoint. If that's the case you could say the same for athletics?
                                                                                          Athletics isn't a major Irish industry.

Comment

Athletics isn't a major Irish industry.
                                                                                            You're correct. May be a bad example. I don't agree with you though. For me horse racing is a sport,as you have said to others its a multi million pound/euro industry, if you were say a lad working in a stable would you not rather work in a clean transparent sector where when there is wrongdoing its dealt with promptly and properly?

Sweeping it away and not dealing with it does no favours to anyone and does more harm in the long run with the sport or industries reputation similar to cycling.

EDIT : I'm on my fifth whiskey if this doesn't make sense I have to give up trying

Comment

Is there a video of the interview anywhere? I can't find it online.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Is there a video of the interview anywhere? I can't find it online.
                                                                                                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

NSFW!
                                                                                                Last edited by kpnuts; 04-05-13, 21:42. Reason: NSFW!

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                                  Oh yea that was really badly played by her.

You'd have to assume that there was some discussion amongst the production team and possibly with Sheik M's representatives about what approach they would take. Whatever was planned that came over as ham fisted and amateurish ambush.

Comment

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
                                                                                                    that was cringe-worthy, time and place for it and that wasn't it.

on the whole issue of doping, I can't help thinking at least they were trying to win races.

Comment

Anyone know why they pronounce Ralph Beckitt Raif?

Comment

Anyone know why they pronounce Ralph Beckitt Raif?
                                                                                                        it's a posh English thing

hopefully he'll be looking sad and dejected in 18 days time

Comment

F it. We missed Irish Soul today in Killarney haha 25/1

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                                            F it. We missed Irish Soul today in Killarney haha 25/1
                                                                                                            was looking for page where that was tipped up but caant find it...

Comment

Versilia girl 620 naas is overpriced at 20/1 imo. Has good form on soft ground over 6f at naas and navan

Comment

Got to dutch the two top weights in the big one at York today. Amazed they're both available at double figure prices, unless the Cecil one is something special I think either gordon lord byron or society rock wins.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Bollin Greta 3.50 York.
                                                                                                                  8 y o m trained by Tim Easterby.

Last 4 York runs : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
                                                                                                                  Last win was York over CD off a mark of 83 on GS (less than 1 yr ago). She now runs off 75. Ground now GS.

33's still floating about on the robot and lads - all firms paying 1-2-3-4.
                                                                                                                  To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Got to dutch the two top weights in the big one at York today. Amazed they're both available at double figure prices, unless the Cecil one is something special I think either gordon lord byron or society rock wins.
                                                                                                                    I love you

Comment

Well done

Comment

Originally posted by robinblinds View Post
                                                                                                                        Bollin Greta 3.50 York.
                                                                                                                        8 y o m trained by Tim Easterby.

Last 4 York runs : 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th.
                                                                                                                        Last win was York over CD off a mark of 83 on GS (less than 1 yr ago). She now runs off 75. Ground now GS.

33's still floating about on the robot and lads - all firms paying 1-2-3-4.
                                                                                                                        Nice E/W result, only got 25's but happy. didn't see the race, any sweat on the win at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                                          Nice E/W result, only got 25's but happy. didn't see the race, any sweat on the win at all?
                                                                                                                          As they turned for home, they all came stand side ... as you'd expect in York over 1m 4f. She travelled really well and ran up the arse of a few tired horse's 2.5f out, and in fairness to David Allan he kept her busy and didn't panic. Pulled her out to go for gold and it looked like she might make it 0.75f out.

Far from a clear run but no complaints at the business end. Winner was in the perfect spot.
                                                                                                                          To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X