Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fonkey View Post
    Anyone know if there is a Cheltenham preview night on at Leopardstown again this year??
    list of preview nights here if thats any good.

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
      robbing one from irc for one last tenner each way on Twin Plan in the 3.55 fairyhouse @ 8/1,wide open betting wise but is trained by james lamb who's stable is in great form at present,has had a few spins on the point to point winning well a few weeks back,give her a whirl at the odds.
      well in she landed @ 12s,going for a speculative tenner each way on Three Kingdoms in the last in ludlow today,decent enough horse when trained by mr.weld last year and has had just the one run over the hurdles for his new trainer,goes on the ground and has a first time visor today which might help,distance ?,give him a tenner @ 7/1(drifting from 6s)
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Tracker

DARK GLACIER (CARLISLE. 15.30)

Really thought this one was gonna be a pretty good chaser...always seemed awkward hurdling but still managed to get its head in front a few times. Hasn't really showed anything thus far. Today has to be the day....given a huge chance today Ground shouldn't be too much of a hindrance (won on soft). 9/2 is an ok price but would probably be hoping for better. Little bet today. Hopefully shows what I think capable of.
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

robbing one from irc for one last tenner each way on Twin Plan in the 3.55 fairyhouse @ 8/1,wide open betting wise but is trained by james lamb who's stable is in great form at present,has had a few spins on the point to point winning well a few weeks back,give her a whirl at the odds.
          Well done amber, saw it too late.

Atlantic beach 1400 south. Has the visor back on today which in the past has brought about some improvement. Didn't get a hard time having missed the break lto and with graham lee booked has a decent ew shout @ 8/1

Comment

Some great tipping by RBBlogger in his blog today, will be following for the next while as long as he keeps posting.

Comment

link?

Comment

Originally posted by Marsden02 View Post
                link?

Also pops up in the blog section on IPB when a blog is posted.

Comment

managed to Squeeze a tenner out of the Precedings yesterday when three kingdoms ended up in 3rd,gone for a very speculative fiver each way on Hannah's Silk @ 25/1 out of my new found wealth in the last in huntingdon.also stuck a tenner on Forpadydeplasterer @ 7/1 to take on Call The Police (evens),has the Visor on today.
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

The type of support Emotif is attracting in the next at Meydan suggest she may be a machine!
                    Profit before people.

Comment

a few interesting ones for tomorrow,in the listed flat race in newbury seems one r.walsh is booked for the unraced Vago Collonges & in the bumper in Leopardstown over 2 miles,A P O'Brien has Brave Hearted which is unusual enough.perhaps buying early with a view to laying off later depending on the prices.both (if correct) could attract support during the day.
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

spent some time researching the Betfair Hurdle in newbury tomorrow(3.35),no fewer than 23 declared for this with 2 irish raiders,Princeton Plains trained by edward harty seems to have no jockey booking (priced 40/1)and Cause Of Causes trained by gordon elliott with davy condon on board (priced 12/1)and must have a great chance in this,but is rated 152 which is a concern,also had his best result on heavy ground which he most prob wont get tomorrow as well running 6 times since august also bucks the trends a little.but still one to consider,the fav in this is My Tent Or Yours and with good reason,but is rated 149 which again doesn't fit too well with the trends and at odds of 4/1,not sure if there's value at that price in a race with so many potential improvers,but could very well be good enough to take this.the one i really like at a price is Swing Bowler who is priced up @ 14/1,trained by david pipe who has 3 horses in the first 4 over the last 3 years,has t j murphy on board,ticks just about every box in the book for me from ratings,distance,trends,age,form and at least from my point of view have had a very decent bet on this horse e/w (1/4 the odds first 4),hope to fuck i'm right after all that work
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Can I get everyones opinion on the Henessey? I'm very much in the Sir des Champs camp. But connections of Flemenstar seem rather bullish. Andrew Lynch said to Casey straight after the Lexus that it was the race to go for and had a nice spin around the Curragh.

Although Flemenstar beat Sir des Champs around Punchestown on testing ground. Davy Russel gave SDC a terrible ride that day. Nothing new there. Poorest champion jockey I'll probably see in my lifetime.

Is it just between these 2 or could one of the others +(bog warrior, quel) cause an.upset?

Also thoughts on the betfair hurdle in newbury..I'll be taking on mytentoryours.

Comment

amber, where if he 14/1? wanna throw some on but oddschecker doesn't have tomorrows races up yet so I'm lost
                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                              amber, where if he 14/1? wanna throw some on but oddschecker doesn't have tomorrows races up yet so I'm lost
                              when you go into oddschecker click on anti-post, then national hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                                when you go into oddschecker click on anti-post, then national hunt
                                cheers, had literally found it on easy odds, he's gone in to 12/1 - the only fecking horse gone in. gonna throw 10 e/w on and thank you in advance amber, time well spent Ty sir
                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                  cheers, had literally found it on easy odds, he's gone in to 12/1 - the only fecking horse gone in. gonna throw 10 e/w on and thank you in advance amber, time well spent Ty sir
                                  no worries,just hope its good in and not a also ran.worth a shot at 12s,10s starting to look skinny,anything less is a win only in my view,given it looks a very competitive race.
                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Just got a call about one that will allegedly win tomorrow, Sivola de Sivola in the 2nd race at Newbury, already gone from 12-1 into 8-1, race seems pretty wide open so maybe worth a few quid ew

Comment

forgot to mention earlier, anyone coming aboard the amber lovetrain - pp are paying 5 places and he is still 11/1 on there.
                                      I am after throwing total 20 e/w(I like him more after looking into the race) on for the lolz and a tenner straight double with brady's tip so whenever I sober up from the winnings I will thank you both a lot

if anyone else fancies adding 2 more for a lucky 15 that'd be cool
                                      Last edited by mdoug; 09-02-13, 04:33.
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Haven't read much of BBV, did we get GAB's view on Our Conor? Surely the jolly is for laying here, though bit worried about how obvious this seems...

Either way I'm gonna have a sore head heading to Leop tomorrow morning, sick card, can't wait.

Edit: please god let the betfair chase stay at 8 runners. Loving the ew value about Menorah.
                                        Last edited by The Situation; 09-02-13, 05:18.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

WISHFULL THINKING @ 10/3 - way over priced today imo..had problems but should be too classy if on song and should do the business today
                                          KEPPOLS HILL @ 6/5 - will win if it doesn't fall
                                          CHAMPAGNE FEVER @9/4 (Boyles have it priced at 13/8 btw lol..usually a good sign) - form with Jezki means should beat Waheeb
                                          BOSTON BOB - @11/10 should be too classy

Going to punt heavily on Sir Des Champs today as well. Cheers for all the opinions on the race

@Situation GL with the punting today... Mullins holds all the cards in the juv. hurdle IMO. Although Townend is riding Diakili I'd fancy Blood Cotil, was talk to it going for the triumph . Hope Our Conor runs a good race too.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Haven't read much of BBV, did we get GAB's view on Our Conor? Surely the jolly is for laying here, though bit worried about how obvious this seems...

Either way I'm gonna have a sore head heading to Leop tomorrow morning, sick card, can't wait.

Edit: please god let the betfair chase stay at 8 runners. Loving the ew value about Menorah.
                                            He thinks the favourite is too short and Blood Cotil and OC are value, especially OC

Comment

Woop, never looked in doubt from about 4 out.

Congrats GAB, very jealous.
                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Congrats. Very impressive.

Comment

Whoohoo! The Biffos are off to Cheltenham! Said it to GAB last week, I've rarely seen a novice jump so cleanly. Very impressive.
                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

hugely impressive,congrads well done.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Seriously impressive. 7/1 looks huge for Cheltenham

Comment

Congrats GAB, beautiful ride for Our Conor.

Comment

Wow really impressive congrats

Comment

Very impressive, congrats

Comment

Congrats GAB savage stuff.
                                                              Mbn

Comment

first 2 of lucky 15 are up! Ty gimme
                                                                had cloudybob from a friends tip(he also tipped discotecca spelling might be off). I'm genuinely giddy with excitement for later, even if it lasts only a few hours its a nice start to the day as have bale 1st scorer too - also newkie win fwiw
                                                                HYPER AS FUCK!!!
                                                                gl all, off to pub &bookies for the day
                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Will enjoy this pick up later

20130209_134241.jpg
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                    Seriously impressive. 7/1 looks huge for Cheltenham
                                                                    he put some serious machines to bed there,cant see that 7/1 lasting at all.
                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Will enjoy this pick up later

[ATTACH]1589[/ATTACH]
                                                                      reinvestment again?
                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Well we might have to reevaluate just how good Willie's two were, it's very easy for 3/4 year olds to be overrated early. The solid benchmark here is the English horse Ruacana, beaten 10l comfortably. 7/1 is huge.

Comment

Very exciting
                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

like the look of st devote at 25/1 for an e/w shout in the 3:50. have gone him and disco reverse forecast too for funz, profits is nice
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

cause and causes all the way on the ground but cotton mill is some serious danger

Comment

spent some time researching the Betfair Hurdle in newbury tomorrow(3.35),no fewer than 23 declared for this with 2 irish raiders,Princeton Plains trained by edward harty seems to have no jockey booking (priced 40/1)and Cause Of Causes trained by gordon elliott with davy condon on board (priced 12/1)and must have a great chance in this,but is rated 152 which is a concern,also had his best result on heavy ground which he most prob wont get tomorrow as well running 6 times since august also bucks the trends a little.but still one to consider,the fav in this is My Tent Or Yours and with good reason,but is rated 149 which again doesn't fit too well with the trends and at odds of 4/1,not sure if there's value at that price in a race with so many potential improvers,but could very well be good enough to take this.the one i really like at a price is Swing Bowler who is priced up @ 14/1,trained by david pipe who has 3 horses in the first 4 over the last 3 years,has t j murphy on board,ticks just about every box in the book for me from ratings,distance,trends,age,form and at least from my point of view have had a very decent bet on this horse e/w (1/4 the odds first 4),hope to fuck i'm right after all that work
                                                                                Nice call , got on this yesterday at 12's

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                  Davy Russel gave SDC a terrible ride that day. Nothing new there. Poorest champion jockey I'll probably see in my lifetime.
                                                                                  I've seen and heard some ignorant, know nothing, busted docket bookie shop talk about Jockeys in my day but this is right up there with the best of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                    I've seen and heard some ignorant, know nothing, busted docket bookie shop talk about Jockeys in my day but this is right up there with the best of it.
                                                                                    Agreed, Russell is top class, especially at Cheltenham.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                      He wouldn't be in the top 10 jockeys in UK & Ireland in my eyes. Would never stop me from backing a horse he would be on...he's usually on machines anyway..Have been at preview nights where he has been a guest and would have to say he is a great analyst and really thinks about race strategy.Everyones is entitled to their opinion. Ignorance is bliss.

Comment

Our Conor given a RPR of 146, was expecting a bit higher.

Anyway money is down for the Triumph, surprised 7's still available nearly 24 hours later.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                          Robbed from Betfair Forum
                                                                                          Was just about to post that, he's right for once.

LOL @ the Nicholls being a mongrel comments - What a prick.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                            He wouldn't be in the top 10 jockeys in UK & Ireland in my eyes. Would never stop me from backing a horse he would be on...he's usually on machines anyway..Have been at preview nights where he has been a guest and would have to say he is a great analyst and really thinks about race strategy.Everyones is entitled to their opinion. Ignorance is bliss.
                                                                                            Kind of hoped you were going to try to mount a defence of the comparison so I could remind you that you were probably alive in the time of one A Mullins

Comment

Originally posted by RBBlogger View Post
                                                                                              Congrats GAB, beautiful ride for Our Conor.
                                                                                              tbf he was,not every day you see a jockey looking for danger between his legs in a g 1
                                                                                              Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                              Well we might have to reevaluate just how good Willie's two were, it's very easy for 3/4 year olds to be overrated early. The solid benchmark here is the English horse Ruacana, beaten 10l comfortably. 7/1 is huge.
                                                                                              biggest danger for me from a betting point of view was diakali,fitted the profile dead on and we saw what oc did there and from my point of view was no match.

Our Conor given a RPR of 146, was expecting a bit higher.

Anyway money is down for the Triumph, surprised 7's still available nearly 24 hours later.
                                                                                              7s gone, 6/1 the best as of now,spent a little time on the profile,o c is top of the shop as it stands,rolling star is a not for me at all,biggest danger has to be far west as of now still plenty of water to flow under the bridge but for now thems me thoughts fwiw
                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

looks like no Flemenstar for Cheltenham

Trainer Peter Casey says Flemenstar is "very unlikely" to run at the Cheltenham Festival in March after being found to have a lung infection.
                                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

wee double for me today in ayr,in the 2.20 Swatow Typhoon is where the dart landed,won very well a few weeks ago at the track over two miles on the ground,has a extra 5 fulongs today but has won on heavy in the points in ireland over 3 miles,well backable @ 7/4 i reckon.

in the bumper going with Fine Rightly,(who broke my heart at the start of the year when getting the better of Caledonia crushing my handy fiver trixie for a grand on the day),anyways Caledonia has gone on the place in a much better race since,trainer has a very good record in these races(had a good win yesterday with Legacy Gold )skinny enough @ 6/4 i suppose but what the form franked some-what i'll give a whirl,double works out at just under 6/1 with pp,worth a score to me.
                                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Champion Hurdle betting suspended. Ladbrokes have taken Grandouet out. Not sure what's going on

Comment

wee double for me today in ayr,in the 2.20 Swatow Typhoon is where the dart landed,won very well a few weeks ago at the track over two miles on the ground,has a extra 5 fulongs today but has won on heavy in the points in ireland over 3 miles,well backable @ 7/4 i reckon.

in the bumper going with Fine Rightly,(who broke my heart at the start of the year when getting the better of Caledonia crushing my handy fiver trixie for a grand on the day),anyways Caledonia has gone on the place in a much better race since,trainer has a very good record in these races(had a good win yesterday with Legacy Gold )skinny enough @ 6/4 i suppose but what the form franked some-what i'll give a whirl,double works out at just under 6/1 with pp,worth a score to me.
                                                                                                      Was told by a mate to have a flutter at those two and another horse something toi in a treble. Hope Ye are both right
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                        Champion Hurdle betting suspended. Ladbrokes have taken Grandouet out. Not sure what's going on
                                                                                                        suspended on bf as well,major drifter this morning
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

"He ([Grandouet] will swim again today, have another two sessions in our spa and we will monitor the situation again in the morning."
                                                                                                          Nice life!

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                            Was told by a mate to have a flutter at those two and another horse something toi in a treble. Hope Ye are both right
                                                                                                            first 2 home.....
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

If Grandouet had balls he would be tearing them off himself for the next few days.
                                                                                                              To accumulate enduring wealth, do not lend to grasshoppers.

Comment

Jesus the last in Lingfield was horrible to watch.
                                                                                                                Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

balls. second
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Nice selections amber. Only backed the 2nd one but.Hard luck eamon

Tracker

Electrician (Lingfield 13.30)

Had him in tracker as a winner in waiting in these kind of races after 2nd last run out. Didn't run up to scratch at all last time but didnt have the best of draws and his start wasnt ideal..give him another chance..providing I can get at least 7/2. Going to be pretty strict about that too..prob wont back him at 3's....3.5 on betfair at the moment but cant see it staying that short

Comment

oc best price @ 6/1 with just one firm (ladbrokes),mainly 5/1 at this stage.two horses to note over the weekend,3rd fav far west runs in ascot and 4th fav swnymor in haydock.both will have to improve,but if they happen to flop,could see another half a point being shaved off at least by the bookmakers so for that reason,shoved the head back into the trough and took a little of the 6/1 yesterday,wont last long imo.

just one little fiver trixie for me today,in lingfield 1.30 sticking in Syrian @ 9/2,was backed off the boards last time before flopping,never know might do better today in this class 6 seller,wont take much winning thats for sure

in thurles 2.35,taking a chance with Sword Of Honour @ 6/1,has geraghty booked and has had a pipe opener at dundalk,saw this falla winning a bumper years ago in very impressive fashion,not a whole pile came out the race after still worth keeping a eye on.

in the bumper going with Cyprian Prince @ 5/1,won a point a few months back,second that day has gone on to win a maiden hurdle under rules since

anyways pays €1722.50 for my 20 quid if they all happen to turn up,good luck all.
                                                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

in the bumper going with Cyprian Prince @ 5/1,won a point a few months back,second that day has gone on to win a maiden hurdle under rules since

seems to be savage money for this one,into 7/4 now with the irish firms,stuck a fiver on Band Of Blood @ 4/1 as a saver
                                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X