Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camelot Evs with ladbrokes and almost 2/1 on the exchanges.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Legend Jazzyfish had a tenner double there

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
        ok im going to give yee a load of winners here now there all gonna win in tip tonight john oxx has to running they wont loose 7-4 and 8-1 and the 1000 guinnes on sat and th 2000 on sunday is maybe and camalot wont be bet and judys child in dundalk tomor night wont be bet at about 25-1
        re.irishracing.com
        Johnny Murtagh completed a quick double for John Oxx in the Aga Khan colours when Ebalviyra made a winning debut in the 1m1f maiden at Tipperary.
        The daughter of Anabaa was pushed along to challenge early in the straight and stuck her head in front at the furlong pole.

5/4 favourite Chicago, who had also moved through at the same time to challenge 50/1 shot Solar Heat fought it out inside the final furlong.

Ebalviyra stuck her head out gamely, however, and egded ahead in the closing stages to record a length-and-a-quarter success.

"That was a bit of a surprise," said Oxx's assistant Slim O'Neill.

"She was very green and we didn't think she would handle the heavy ground as well. We were hoping she would get into the money.

"Johnny said they went very quick up front which helped her get into the race. At the moment a mile-and-a-quarter is her trip but she should get a mile-and-a-half."

good call lad!
        Last edited by amberleaf; 03-05-12, 22:18.
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
          ok I'm going to give ye a load of winners here now. They're all going to win in Tipp tonight john oxx has two running they won't lose 7-4 and 8-1 and the 1000 guineas on sat and the 2000 on sunday is maybe and camalot wont be beaten and judys child in dundalk tomorrow night won't be beaten at about 25-1.

I am bored in work so decided to try and help you with your absolutely horrendous spelling. Someone else can take the punctuation. You're welcome.
          how sad dont worry mate i wont stick another winner up here ever again ye try help people out get feedback like this

Comment

Gorey Guardian first paragraph

Comment

Wexford people
              Last edited by Pat Mustard; 04-05-12, 11:43.
              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

how sad dont worry mate i wont stick another winner up here ever again ye try help people out get feedback like this
                Didn't judge your tipping, well done. Just trying to help your retarded English.

Comment

I appreciate tips like this, he was 32 on betfair earlier and not people are taking 18's so I cannot complain as have a bit of a freeroll. Moreeeee tips please
                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Didn't judge your tipping, well done. Just trying to help your retarded English.
                    Helping someone does not equal being a cunt. I'd phrase that differently, especially since I don't know you, but the way you've phrased your so called help is just as classless.

Wat?
                    Helpful alright.

I mean that paragraph looks like it was written by someone doing foundation level junior cert English and I don't understand a word of it.
                    Helpful or insulting?

ok I'm going to give ye a load of winners here now. They're all going to win in Tipp tonight john oxx has two running they won't lose 7-4 and 8-1 and the 1000 guineas on sat and the 2000 on sunday is maybe and camalot wont be beaten and judys child in dundalk tomorrow night won't be beaten at about 25-1.

I am bored in work so decided to try and help you with your absolutely horrendous spelling. Someone else can take the punctuation. You're welcome.
                    Helping here a bit I guess so 1 out of 4 posts isn't bad for someone trying to help. Funny how you said you couldn't understand a word of it yet you could translate it above.

Back to....helpful or insulting?

Comment

ok im going to give yee a load of winners here now there all gonna win in tip tonight john oxx has to running they wont loose 7-4 and 8-1 and the 1000 guinnes on sat and th 2000 on sunday is maybe and camalot wont be bet and judys child in dundalk tomor night wont be bet at about 25-1
                      Cheers for the Judies Child tip - scooped the place loot. Please keep up the good work jazzy and don't stop posting. This thread needs people who know what they're talking about.

Comment

Any 2000 Guineas thoughts? Think Camelots price has settled about at were it should be now, don't think any backer could be fully happy with Joey on board after that abomination of a ride on Offer at Tipp. Think the ground has gone against lots in the field. Power my e/w choice, although his price has thinned overnight.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

I think the top horse is a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                            I think the top horse is a monster.

Even with that plonker on board...15/8 looks a nice price alright.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                              Even with that plonker on board

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                Your point being?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                  Your point being?
                                  You're criticism of JP'OB. What horse of his was it that you lost money on recently?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                    You're criticism of JP'OB. What horse of his was it that you lost money on recently?
                                    Recently Offer..he gave it a brutal ride.

Whats your point?

Comment

Red Duke e/w at a big price just because I cant be bothered doing any proper homework.

Comment

Two small bets for interest, Fencing e/w and Born to sea win. Camelot looks the real deal but i'm not a player at 15/8(might be looking back in a few mins thinking the price was massive)

Comment

Prop bets for how many times AOB says "Listen" are the nuts .

Market saying a big no about Camelot.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

The top horse I was referring to is number 1 on the card Abtaal btw

Comment

Jesus that yoke will win the derby doing handstands. He won that despite the trip

Comment

Go on JOEY...GO ON...get in there!!

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                  Jesus that yoke will win the derby doing handstands. He won that despite the trip
                                                  and the ground and the jockey.
                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by eagle eye View Post
                                                    and the ground and the jockey.
                                                    I'm a big critic of JPOB but he gave him a fantastic waiting ride there

Comment

I was thinking in the 1st few furlongs that he would want to be every bit the horse they think he is to win from that far back, turns out he is. True class.

Will be routing for Amberleaf's pick later to get a treble and double up after that and Vita Nova. edit: This might be after-timing so just to balance it I had a losing trixie and accum. And meh, I'm gtd nothing atm anyway.
                                                      Last edited by Caf; 05-05-12, 14:52.

Comment

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                        Two small bets for interest, Fencing e/w and Born to sea win. Camelot looks the real deal but i'm not a player at 15/8(might be looking back in a few mins thinking the price was massive)

Certainly looks the real deal, had it all to do.

Comment

Got strong word there for dotties dilema for the 8.40 hexham....the source is usually spot on so hoping for a big run

Comment

Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                                            Got strong word there for dotties dilema for the 8.40 hexham....the source is usually spot on so hoping for a big run
                                                            N1

Comment

Only getting in the door, was in Limerick for racing today, didn't fair as badly as I usually do, there and naas are usually roll breakers for me, was told jim cullotys horse in gowran tomorrow in the 2nd race, cry for the moon has a nit of a chance, everything I put on here turns to mush so just lay him for the mortgage

Comment

ahh fuck,bad news indeed

Florida Pearl put down
                                                                Sun 6th May 2012, 13:52

Willie Mullins
                                                                trained Florida Pearl
                                                                The Irish National Stud today revealed that Florida Pearl has been put down.
                                                                The star chaser retired in 2004 after a glittering career that included four victories in the Hennessy Cognac Gold Cup at Leopardstown and success in the King George VI Chase at Kempton in 2001.

He won a total of 16 of his 33 races and £882,000 in prize money.

The Stud released a statement today which is included below:-

We are saddened to inform you that on the evening of May 5th 2012 a decision was made on veterinary advice to euthanize Florida Pearl.

The twenty-year-old gelding, in residence at the Irish National Stud for five years, was diagnosed with a condition known as haemangisarcoma, a word deriving from "malignant cancer of the blood vessels". It is a rare condition which swiftly affects many organs once it spreads from its primary focus - in this case it originated in the spleen.

Florida Pearl was a firm favourite among visitors to the INS and earned his retirement after a career which contained Grade 1 wins in seven seasons. One of the greatest steeplechasers we have seen, his speed was also obvious in his Cheltenham Championship bumper success.

Out thanks and sympathies go to the O'Leary family and the Mullins family who have many memories to treasure.
                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                  Only getting in the door, was in Limerick for racing today, didn't fair as badly as I usually do, there and naas are usually roll breakers for me, was told jim cullotys horse in gowran tomorrow in the 2nd race, cry for the moon has a nit of a chance, everything I put on here turns to mush so just lay him for the mortgage
                                                                  Sweet, nice one.
                                                                  'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Sweet, nice one.
                                                                    2 winners in gorwan park today lads 4.05 cuponata 4.40 gunner lindley

Comment

Another con job from AOP.

Comment

Another con job from AOP.
                                                                        Who is this AOP you speak of

Comment

You make this game too easy, thanks again.

Comment

Superb again Jazzy

Comment

Cheers for that Jazzy, you're on fire.

Opr

Comment

Love the confidence of this post. Didn't see either on time but see the first won at 5/1, fair play!

Comment

Second one must have went close as traded as low as evens on BF but didn't win. Pity as I would've had a sweet double. Great tips Jazzy.

Opr

Comment

i see my old pal Sea Saffron is running again tomorrow in the Exeter 6.55,over the hurdles this time over 2m7f,but is in the form of its life

01May12 Exe 24H 5y+ HcapCh(5K) 11-4[7/2f] 1st of 7 26L to Tim The Chair (IRE) James Best 111
                                                                                    17Apr12 Exe 30GF 5y+ HcapCh(10K) 9-11[3/1f] 1st of 9 16L to Jolly Boys Outing (IRE) Matt Griffiths 94
                                                                                    04Apr12 Exe 23GF 4y+ HcapHdl(7K) 10-13[9/4] 2nd of 4 hd behind Magic Marmalade (IRE) Matt Griffiths 102
                                                                                    20Mar12 Exe 23G 4y+ HcapHdl(3K) 11-0[13/2] 1st of 8 ½L to Arctic Watch (GB) Matt Griffiths

has just 10-2 to carry this time around,well worth a look e/w imo,boyles have him up at 11/2
                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                                      i see my old pal Sea Saffron is running again tomorrow in the Exeter 6.55,over the hurdles this time over 2m7f,but is in the form of its life

01May12 Exe 24H 5y+ HcapCh(5K) 11-4[7/2f] 1st of 7 26L to Tim The Chair (IRE) James Best 111
                                                                                      17Apr12 Exe 30GF 5y+ HcapCh(10K) 9-11[3/1f] 1st of 9 16L to Jolly Boys Outing (IRE) Matt Griffiths 94
                                                                                      04Apr12 Exe 23GF 4y+ HcapHdl(7K) 10-13[9/4] 2nd of 4 hd behind Magic Marmalade (IRE) Matt Griffiths 102
                                                                                      20Mar12 Exe 23G 4y+ HcapHdl(3K) 11-0[13/2] 1st of 8 ½L to Arctic Watch (GB) Matt Griffiths

has just 10-2 to carry this time around,well worth a look e/w imo,boyles have him up at 11/2
                                                                                      13/2 with paddy power

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Harper View Post
                                                                                        13/2 with paddy power
                                                                                        seems to be a few quid for this now,according to odds checker is gone to 5/1 with powers,boyles still 11/2,could do with a few extra furlongs the only thing holding me back from getting stuck into this tbh,still worth a decent bet tho!
                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

in the 7.50 punchestown there seems to be a nice few quid for Killshallago on 365 into 8/1,but is still 16/1 with laddies,i,ve backed a horse in this race so i'll leave it alone,the horse has never run before in public but the breeding looks ok,any value hunters out there could do worse if you can get at 16s,good chance that it will start shorter to lay off on bf later,be quick!

shit went to 10/1 at 10.22am
                                                                                          Last edited by amberleaf; 08-05-12, 09:38.
                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

7.20 punchestown mister farmer ye might get it at 8-1 i would take a price

Comment

7.20 punchestown mister farmer ye might get it at 8-1 i would take a price
                                                                                              sorry guys just got a phone cal there for miss pepperpot in the same race prob better of staying away from it as im not sure who will win this now

Comment

Bit late now, saver on the pepperpot

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Bit late now, saver on the pepperpot

Opr
                                                                                                  It's Fran Floods local track, there's generally a tip for every horse he runs in Punchestown

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                                                                                                    It's Fran Floods local track, there's generally a tip for every horse he runs in Punchestown
                                                                                                    Fair enough but I think Jazzy was something like 5/6 with the one miss a second place before this.

Opr

Comment

Fair enough but I think Jazzy was something like 5/6 with the one miss a second place before this.

Opr
                                                                                                      ye jazzy has been on form....just saying.....i put a horse in the bbv yesterday that i got a "tip" for from the owner and trainer for and pretty sure he finished plum last in the curragh yesterday

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                        Wouldn't really judge someone with 0/6 less than someone with 5/6, far too small a sample to make any judgements, and certainly wouldn't be getting on a randomers tips especially with little to no reasoning behind them just because he's on a short term hot run. Nothing against Jazzy who could well be a tipping genius for all I know.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Pepperpot traded as low as 1.24 on BF but I think got beat. E/w money at 20's is a decent return.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                            Wouldn't really judge someone with 0/6 less than someone with 5/6, far too small a sample to make any judgements, and certainly wouldn't be getting on a randomers tips especially with little to no reasoning behind them just because he's on a short term hot run. Nothing against Jazzy who could well be a tipping genius for all I know.
                                                                                                            The sample size may be lol but not exactly like he's tipping even money shots.

7/4 - Wins
                                                                                                            9/1 - Wins
                                                                                                            13/8 - Wins
                                                                                                            25/1 - places
                                                                                                            4-1 - Wins
                                                                                                            9/4 - Second
                                                                                                            8-1 - Lost (Advised prior to the race not to back it)
                                                                                                            20-1 - Second

Opr

Comment

Pepperpot traded as low as 1.24 on BF but I think got beat. E/w money at 20's is a decent return.

Opr
                                                                                                              ye was a good second unlucky really, shame i was told it would win before the race ah well ew will do at 20-1
                                                                                                              Last edited by jazzyfish; 08-05-12, 18:44.

Comment

ye was a good second unlucky really shame i was told it would win before the race ah well ew will do at 20-1
                                                                                                                You will either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Opr

Comment

You will either die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.

Opr
                                                                                                                  itake it you got sucked in to watchin 'the dark knight' again last nite too then

Comment

seems to be a few quid for this now,according to odds checker is gone to 5/1 with powers,boyles still 11/2,could do with a few extra furlongs the only thing holding me back from getting stuck into this tbh,still worth a decent bet tho!
                                                                                                                    finished 3rd,think the extra few furlongs would help,3m1 or 3m2
                                                                                                                    what sample size would be a good one,100.....more?also what would be a good roi,in my head it would be 10%,is this good or bad anyone.just interested in anyones opinions!
                                                                                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

10% roi over a decent sample would be exceptional.

Comment

what sample size would be a good one,100.....more?also what would be a good roi,in my head it would be 10%,is this good or bad anyone.just interested in anyones opinions!
                                                                                                                        Yeah maybe about 3/4 months worth of bets, with at least a couple of picks a day. Like even some of the best punters have big losing months which if looked at in isolation would look awful. I think you could sometimes write off a punter a lot quicker than that though if it's obvious the level of reasoning is insufficient to have any sort of real edge.
                                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah maybe about 3/4 months worth of bets, with at least a couple of picks a day. Like even some of the best punters have big losing months which if looked at in isolation would look awful. I think you could sometimes write off a punter a lot quicker than that though if it's obvious the level of reasoning is insufficient to have any sort of real edge.
                                                                                                                          What happened to the aw log, can't even find it on here, you put me on to shawkantango from it, placed at 66s and won twice, think the prices were 13/2 and 5/1 but I could be wrong

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X