Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    cant say I like the implication that I now need Paul Nicholls to validate my opinion on his horses.
    SPOILER
    I have to say I was a slight skeptic that there was a realistic challenger to The Fly, but his bullishness suggest your judgement was correct, he's not one to bullshit either. I will not doubt in future ha.
    Profit before people.

Comment

Sizing Symphony in 1.55 in Sandown tomorrow. 8-1 with Boyles basically a match bet with Fingal Bay who has been impressive but hurdling sketchy to say the least. Henderson talking horse and Nicholls not that strong. Will love the good ground. Should be second fav on form at about 2/1.
      His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
        Sizing Symphony in 1.55 in Sandown tomorrow. 8-1 with Boyles basically a match bet with Fingal Bay who has been impressive but hurdling sketchy to say the least. Henderson talking horse and Nicholls not that strong. Will love the good ground. Should be second fav on form at about 2/1.
        Dont let gimmeabreak hear you say that, hes all over that henderson 'talking horse'

Comment

Simonsig is an aeroplane. He will win the Neptune at the festival.
          Hopeful for tomorrow? Looks a hot enough race, what price you make him?
          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
            Hopeful for tomorrow? Looks a hot enough race, what price you make him?
            It hasnt a chance, he put his syndicate money on it

Comment

I think his price for what he has done to date is wrong.

He could be a superstar but I prefer to go with something that has done more to date and is over 4 times the price.
              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Fingal Bay has been very impressive thus far but I dont honestly think he can get at Simonsig. My biggest fear is that Simonsig jumped a little big the last day but then jumped better when going faster. I just think Simonsig is an absolute aeroplane. I am biased but I wouldnt lay Simonsig at evens, on that basis his current price is too big. Hurricane you can lay me a nice bet on Simonsig now if you want?

Notus De La Tour also runs tomorrow - hopeful of 6/4. Has to give away 8lb but that should be easy enough!!
                Actually Noel, despite your syncicate record i have followed you into the breach wit Simonsig.

NDLT looks a decent punt with Walkon and too a much lesser extent Zaynar (oh how the mighty have fallen, and only 6 years old) keeping the price up

Comment

Whose going to make the running? Possibly Jump City but don't think a strong pace is guaranteed...
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Wow Simonsig friendless before the off. Out to 5.0
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Bit of rain overnight meant Sizing had no chance. Checked forecast and none was due. Should have waited.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                        Bit of rain overnight meant Sizing had no chance. Checked forecast and none was due. Should have waited.
                        Im sorry but this is rubbish. A horse doesn't go from being roughly a 2/1 shot to having "no chance" on account of 6mm of rain. According to twitter the aggregate winning distance was only 8 lengths, hardly the result of very soft ground.

Comment

Laying Al Ferof strong here at the price, Much better race than last time and Sandown takes some jumping. Far far too short

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                            Laying Al Ferof strong here at the price, Much better race than last time and Sandown takes some jumping. Far far too short

Meh, close but a nice performance, jumped very well again

Comment

Townend gave Mikael Dhagenet some ride today in the last furlong, just watched it. Always loved that horse

Comment

Townend gave Mikael Dhagenet some ride today in the last furlong, just watched it. Always loved that horse
                                Learn to spell his name then.
                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Monster gamble on Footstepsofspring 12-00 Southwell huge gamble now 3/1 5/2 in places from prices as high as 20/1 25/1 all firms

Comment

Menorah to run in the Bula. Interesting one

Comment

Anyone seen those NAME THEM special accums in paddy power? It's like name 1 winner from each of the meetings on that given day for example last friday 5 UK meetings inc Wolves it was 20/1. I just collected one from last week which was 5/1 over just three meetings but the price the treble returned at was 6.1/1 and I got paid at that price.

Just a heads up it is value sometimes esp with prices guarenteed.

Comment

think southway star has a serious chance @ 15/8 in the last in fontwell, escapes a penalty for last win and seems to be thriving on soft ground, brendan powell on claiming 7 off as well
                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Any Chelts thoughts for the weekend??

Think Aikideau is a good ew bet in the last at 16/1. Otherwise looks like a tricky card today, was tempted by Balthazar king in the x country but prob just a little too far for him going by previous evidence. Suprised to see Bolger take Nina off Garde Champetre

Assume Overturn is a big lay tomorrow?
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Any Chelts thoughts for the weekend??

Think Aikideau is a good ew bet in the last at 16/1. Otherwise looks like a tricky card today, was tempted by Balthazar king in the x country but prob just a little too far for him going by previous evidence. Suprised to see Bolger take Nina off Garde Champetre

Assume Overturn is a big lay tomorrow?
                                            On the forecast good or better ground I'd be weary of Overturn, granted one of the improving younger horses should be too good for him but he's not an easy horse to pass. I don't think I'd be laying him for too much.

Edit to say Oscar Whiskey is rated in the 160s and he wasn't doing a great job of getting by, and also Binocular.
                                            Last edited by Wesley Harms; 09-12-11, 10:16.

Comment

See Denman has been forced to retire

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                See Denman has been forced to retire
                                                Disaster, one of my favourite ever horses and one of the best chasers of the last million years

Comment

First Lough Derg now Denman, all the "big heart" horses retiring.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Disaster, one of my favourite ever horses and one of the best chasers of the last million years
                                                    Denman

Comment

got a tip for Prescient in the 1st in Dundalk, was talking to owner earlier today, said he'll be trying and this is his last chance to win a race with them otherwise there getting rid of him
                                                      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                                        got a tip for Prescient in the 1st in Dundalk, was talking to owner earlier today, said he'll be trying and this is his last chance to win a race with them otherwise there getting rid of him
                                                        25/1?

GL.

Edit - into 11's now
                                                        Last edited by Dice75; 09-12-11, 17:59.

Comment

wins at 6/1
                                                          thanks for this

Comment

...Must say that Rubi Light was really impressive...never looked like any other result there...

Comment

2m 4f............. left handed............... and it will be off................ Sunday will be a great day!!
                                                              Pecanscort the horse you mentioned a few weeks ago in on the AW today. Do you fancy it?

Comment

Never bigger than 1.6 in running. Some beast

Comment

picansort - Pretty sick, not sure if that was a bad ride or unlucky in running. Was winning that race all day.

Too add to insult had it in a double with raya star which just won at 12/1
                                                                  Last edited by flushjee; 17-12-11, 15:45.

Comment

Moville Runs tomorrow in Navan. He is 8/1 - I advise people to smash it.

Runs at Navan 2, Wins at Navan 2.

Total runs left handed 5, wins 3, places 1, unpl 1 ( unpl run was pierce hurdle the most competitive irish hcp hurdle of the year)

Ground not a concern.

rated 118. I said it before in this thread he is the next Dr Whizz i.e. stone or more in hand. Tomorrow has to be the day. He wasnt put into it in Cork, or DownRoyal, they cant keep him out of the frame imo.
                                                                    Looks good alright only concern might be holding him for Christmas.

Comment

This IS Christmas.

Also, while I am thinking of xmas, in case I dont post it, Loup Du Saubouas. Was 3rd in the race that Moville was 5th in lto. He is one for xmas - think there is a 2m2f hcp chase in Leopardstown which he would look like the right one for.
                                                                      I mean Leopardstown. Do you think he has a chance in the PP. Might be worth a punt. 33/1 atm. I backed him tomorrow 8/1 is too big.
                                                                      Last edited by elbows; 17-12-11, 18:57.

Comment

abandoned - I had got on him at 8/1 each way too . Oh well
                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Still worth it today GAB?

Comment

Gaiety Theatre (USA)

entered at Dundalk on Friday 23rd Dec

got this email this morn,ran well in a few races,might have a little tipple at this one each way if the price is right http://horses.sportinglife.com/Horse...613588,00.html
                                                                            Last edited by amberleaf; 20-12-11, 11:42.
                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

word on the street is that Rebecca curtis horse in the Ffos Las Bumper, Vegas Cash, is an aeroplane. 13/8 is plenty short but looks set to start odds on based on vibes.
                                                                              Vegas Cash goes in the Ludlow bumper today. Shutthefrontdoor the Jonjo horse that beat him first time out at Ffos Las went on to land the listed bumper at Ascot on Saturday. Surely worth a bet dropping back in trip and on the better ground today at 9/2.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldcupfav View Post
                                                                                Vegas Cash goes in the Ludlow bumper today. Shutthefrontdoor the Jonjo horse that beat him first time out at Ffos Las went on to land the listed bumper at Ascot on Saturday. Surely worth a bet dropping back in trip and on the better ground today at 9/2.
                                                                                6s with Laddies GAB, looks like a one horse market atm
                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Any thoughts on Any Currency for the Welsh national 25/1 looks too big

Comment

I'm on Patriotic @ 18:45 in Kempton.

Heard good things. Got him at 5/1

Comment

Southwell 2.30: Prince of Vasa 13/2
                                                                                      Southwell 3.30: Spahi 4/1

Double pays about 36/1.

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                                                                        Gaiety Theatre (USA)

got this email this morn,ran well in a few races,might have a little tipple at this one each way if the price is right http://horses.sportinglife.com/Horse...613588,00.html
                                                                                        bump,running in the 6.30,but the price is 9/4,so no e/w to be got!
                                                                                        Last edited by amberleaf; 23-12-11, 12:27.
                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Wednesday the best day to go to Leop?

Any Xmas racing thoughts, who stays in the King George ect...??
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Gaiety Theatre (USA)

bump,running in the 6.30,but the price is 9/4,so no e/w to be got!
                                                                                            love it when a plan comes together
                                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

If Sir De Champs is available at the 8/11 tissue then he is a max. The others in that race are not in his league.
                                                                                              .
                                                                                              8/15 best of the two places he's priced up so far

Comment

Originally posted by HiCloy View Post
                                                                                                8/15 best of the two places he's priced up so far
                                                                                                you reckon Noel could have a chat with his traders and get them to price up the 8/11 for us

Comment

2 for the week lads came from christy roache supposedly
                                                                                                  Touch back first race tomorrow at leop
                                                                                                  Silent creek in the pp chase the day after

Comment

I've spread myself super thin, a grade 1 at Kempton no less. Rock on Ruby in the Xmas hurdle @ 9/4. Stephen's day.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

STEPHENS DAY RACING

Leopardstown

jigalo in the 2.55.7/1 at the moment.trainer likes a christmas winner.

Limerick

drive on jim 3.20.decent 4th to seabass last time.trainer has decent record in limerick.

Downroyal

saddlers native in 1.20.good run behind in good form 2 weeks ago.stable getting some winners again after a quite time.

Reckon a small ew patent will return a few bob for the rest of the week.
                                                                                                      Enjoy the weeks racing
                                                                                                      Last edited by balfejohn; 26-12-11, 00:15. Reason: WRONG SPELLING

Comment

instead of punting your brains out all day, just back LONG RUN go home and watch your investment hose up, its like stealing from the bookies i tell ya

Comment

PFN is very sweet on Silviniaco Conti in his betfair column

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                            2 for the week lads came from christy roache supposedly
                                                                                                            Touch back first race tomorrow at leop
                                                                                                            Silent creek in the pp chase the day after
                                                                                                            winner winner hopefully the 2nd 1 comes in now currently 33/1

Comment

Feltham is impossible to pick between them.

On value alone id leave Grands Crus off at 5/4.
                                                                                                              Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                              I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                              None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

On Murchu and Midnight Game ty GAB, unfortunately only got to place all my bets a few mins ago and only had money on Boyles

Comment

grand crus wins and im drinking for free tonight

Comment

Impressive, problem now is fucking Pipe will want to win the Gold Cup the stupid cunt

Comment

Sir De Champs to gurantee me a profit early in the day or fuck up a shit load of doubles ...

Comment

That was easy GAB on fire today Blackstair & Hi Big Man to make a serious day of it!!

Comment

Bog Warrior down!

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X