Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship it!!!! Cheers WP!!!!!

Comment

Profit before people.

Comment

...Ship it...Me and my bank account thank you...wish i wasnt so slow to get on it, but happy days...:-)...

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          Hills 20/1 about Conciliatory in the 3.30 @ Brighton looks an e/w bet. She was winning at about this stage last season at a higher level but has been poor so far this year. Drops back to class 4 today off what looks like a managable handicap mark, also has a very capable 3lbs claimer on board which is always a bonus. She's been running a little wayward in races so the first time application of cheekpieces today could rectify those problems, she also has a handy high draw.
          Sweet.
          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Hills 20/1 about Conciliatory in the 3.30 @ Brighton looks an e/w bet. She was winning at about this stage last season at a higher level but has been poor so far this year. Drops back to class 4 today off what looks like a managable handicap mark, also has a very capable 3lbs claimer on board which is always a bonus. She's been running a little wayward in races so the first time application of cheekpieces today could rectify those problems, she also has a handy high draw.
            ty sir.............. only got on it at 12-1 :-)

sweet

Comment

Vwp
              got on @ 16s with paddy
              thanks

Comment

6.50. Alpha and omega.

Comment

Burj Nahar looks a little overpriced in the 14.15 at Haydock @15/2. Got into all sorts of trouble last time out during the race at Ascot, also the 12 furlong was clearly too far as he weakened in the final couple of furlongs, so losing distance is a little decieving imo. Back to 10f tomorrow where he won a race at this class 2 level quite comfortably in early July. Mikal Barzalona was on board that day but missed the race lto at Ascot so his booking tomorrow again is a positive. He'll like a bit of cut in the ground so the current going prediction of good-soft will be very much in his favour. I don't doubt he's the quality to ship a race at this level, only worry is whether he needs a longer lay-off from his last run as he's very lightly raced so it hard to tell but think that's more than factored in the price.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

Zoffany at 6/1 in Deauville today- yes please. Sensational form this year without actually winning a race. Obv ran the mighty Frankel close at Ascot and then finished a head 2nd in a group 1 at France lto ahead of Strong Suit who went on to show how good a horse he is at Goodwood. Back to 6 furlong today for the first time since he was a two year old. Has G1 success in Ireland at this distance at this very time last season so hoping his form peaks now again.

Also I hate the phrase he owes me nothing... but... if it wasn't for him pushing Frankel so close, the latter wouldn't have been available at such a backable price against 'the motorbike'
                    Canford Cliffs.

Edit, it's the 14.45 btw, should be a cracking race.
                    Last edited by The Situation; 07-08-11, 10:32.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Really like Census tomorrow at 5/1 with Ladbrokes may be bigger early morning defo a good each way bet I can't go into more detail now.

Comment

Heading to the Arlington Million tomorrow. Thinking of putting Vegas loots on Cape Blanco. Yay/nay?

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                          Heading to the Arlington Million tomorrow. Thinking of putting Vegas loots on Cape Blanco. Yay/nay?
                          Not if you want to get anything back

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                            Not if you want to get anything back
                            That would be the plan. I'll see what sort of price he is. Also saying 'Vegas loots' is a slight exaggeration. I'll probably only have $50 on him if I back him at all...

Comment

Think he's back to his peak fitness after his early season exploits out in Meydan set him back a few months. Don't know much about the foreign challengers so won't dipping in at ~2/1, especially as I'm a bigish loser on International racing ie anything non British or Irish. Hope he wins though
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Got word for lilys dream 2.40 doncaster 66/1 this morning on at 20s with pp.10s with spoyles at the minute so he is get punted.fenton on board.
                                location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

liam nash was on radio 1 drivetime sport last night,thinks beliar in the 5.25 in tramore ,5/1 at the mo.says its worth a small e/w!
                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
                                    liam nash was on radio 1 drivetime sport last night,thinks beliar in the 5.25 in tramore ,5/1 at the mo.says its worth a small e/w!
                                    ship it,in she came 11/2
                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Any early thoughts on York folks?

Fillies G1 looks a bit special on Thursday. Think the 3 year old division is pretty strong this season. Might dutch Blue Bunting and Banimpire in that one.

Await the dawn a good thing tomorrow?
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

await the dawn looks a good thing tomorrow alright, the group 2 at ascot he won was a pretty good race, and wouldnt be put off putting it with seville in a double tomorro
                                        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Wouldn't be mad about Seville at current prices. Ballydoyle keep saying how much they rate him but haven't really seen it myself, not too sure how strong the Irish derby form will stand up either tbh. Although O'Brien horses have made fools of many by how much they can improve from race to race so prob won't lay.

Sea moon shaped like a v promising horse lto and step up in distance should suit so prob gets vote my at 7/2 FWIW.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Hmmm very radical change of view from Boyles in the voltigeur today. Yesterday they opened biggest price Seville and stand alone shortest on Sea Moon but today they're the complete opposite, shortest on Seville and biggest Sea Moon.

What's changed overnight from being happy to lay Seville to now running scared of him?
                                            Last edited by The Situation; 17-08-11, 10:48.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Won't be touching Await the Dawn. 5/6 in a Group 1 against proven top level opposition.

The Huxley and Hardwicke stakes were hardly tough races.

May win, won't be getting any of my money.

Comment

Also opposing Hoof It in the Nunthorpe. From Handicap to Group 1, I've be very strongly against it.

Comment

Small e/w on Al Kahn in the 2.30 @10/1. Hard to know if cut in ground or step up in distance will suit but his maiden which he won by 2 1/2l seemed particularly hot by the amount of winners it's produced since, enough reason to have a poke at double figure odds today.
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Wouldn't be mad about Seville at current prices. Ballydoyle keep saying how much they rate him but haven't really seen it myself, not too sure how strong the Irish derby form will stand up either tbh. Although O'Brien horses have made fools of many by how much they can improve from race to race so prob won't lay.

Sea moon shaped like a v promising horse lto and step up in distance should suit so prob gets vote my at 7/2 FWIW.
                                                    thanks heeded your advice
                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by healwayscallsmedonkey View Post
                                                      thanks heeded your advice
                                                      Ha didn't expect that convincing a display, was only on small. Prob a little flattered by rubbish field but should be good enough for the st Ledger as there's little else around. I'll prob wait for the day of the race though as I've had too many bad antipost experiences this year.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Going with Twice Over, the only proven group 1 performer in the field.

Yes I know Midday had won Group 1s but only against other fillies.

Comment

Going with Twice Over, the only proven group 1 performer in the field.

Yes I know Midday had won Group 1s but only against other fillies.
                                                          Good call! (Bad for me tho).

Comment

Any early thoughts on York folks?

Fillies G1 looks a bit special on Thursday. Think the 3 year old division is pretty strong this season. Might dutch Blue Bunting and Banimpire in that one.
                                                            Too much of a step up in class for Vita Nova?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                              Too much of a step up in class for Vita Nova?
                                                              Yes

Comment

Yes
                                                                This

PP have quite the appealing book in this race at the moment

Quite taken by 3 YO fillies this year. Have Blue bunting backed at 7/2 and Banimpire Ew @8/1 with Corals who priced race up first on Tuesday. WOW scares me a little but prob short enough.

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                Fire Lily is 7/1 tomorrow, that is a big price, that is a very very big price.

imo
                                                                Like this also
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Tom Segal obv lurks this thread for his pricewise selections. Fire lily tipped up in today's RP. Although I don't think they've tipped a Ebor festival winner since 08 which is hard to believe.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Fire lily win??

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                      Fire lily win??
                                                                      2nd, The Hannon horse looks like a monster.

Think Blue Bunting is the banker today.

Comment

Pity about Snow Fairy pulling out from a race quality pov but it's now such enticing betting heat, 8 runners including two complete no hopers.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Banimpire has surely had enough by now

Comment

Banimpire has surely had enough by now
                                                                            Im willing to give her one more go, shes as tough as old boots

Comment

Good lad Frankie!
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

William Buick did a great job on the pacesetter hope you were on big Hurricane

Comment

York is good to me so far. Really felt she was overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                    plenty of rain in Epsom, it brings Greatest Dancer (5.40) right into the race and is a huge price at 8/1.
                                                                                    Can you explain why, Is he a front runner and wont be caught on soft ground??

Also

4:25pm
                                                                                    Ground and weather latest

There has been plenty of rain in the south today but Epsom appears to have missed the worst of it. Clerk of the course Andrew Cooper said: "We haven't had much rain at all. I have just spoken to Sandown and they have had 7mm where as we have had 2mm no more than that. We were always going to be on the eastern edge of it but we are expecting more at some time."

Comment

Been watching Epsom but no bets so far. Veiled Applause looks like a real good thing in the 7.20 though, I'm gonna steam in on that. A couple of dangers obv but I think he is just too big a price to ignore, was expecting him to be in the 6/4 to slighly odds on for this. I'm on him at 4.0 on the machine.
                                                                                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Starwatch was too good for him. Ah well back to the drawing board.
                                                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

My York selections today. Not the easiest of cards, but a couple of value big priced horses that are of moderate appeal.

3.05 Biondetti 8/1 ew

3.40 Breathless Kiss 150/1() ew

4.50 Zenella 33/1 ew
                                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 19-08-11, 08:55.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Still opposing Hoof It but with the original 2nd and 3rd Fav out it's getting harder

Comment

Wizz Kid is the one to be on judged on his beating of Inxile and Prohibit in France imo.

Comment

Wizz Kid is the one to be on judged on his beating of Inxile and Prohibit in France imo.
                                                                                                Fancy Inxile, He is 6lbs better today off than when when 3 to whizz

and a very impressive win with decent horses at tipp

22/1 ew but down to 15 runners so no 4 places I think?

Comment

Prob just lay the Fav I think. Maybe small on WK

Comment

Prob just lay the Fav I think. Maybe small on WK
                                                                                                    good result for you,

Comment

You know you've had a good day when 10th is the place one of your horse finishes. #winning
                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

4.25 curragh 2morrow,riveria poet might be worth a bet,liam nash was talking to dermot weld about this one and is very sweet on the horse.(thinks he might be a group 1 horse is what weld said)not sure on the price but worth a look
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

4.25 curragh 2morrow,riveria poet might be worth a bet,liam nash was talking to dermot weld about this one and is very sweet on the horse.(thinks he might be a group 1 horse is what weld said)not sure on the price but worth a look
                                                                                                          no joy this time,and tbh dont know a whole lot about horses,but liam nash is someone i have great respect for.i was put on to him by a pal a few years ago and he showed a roi of 51% that year,try and listen to him every friday and if i hear anything i'll stick it up here,hopefully they'll be a profit in him again this year
                                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

another liam nash tip,6 o clock killarney,dimona trained by john oxx and looks to have a race like this well with-in its range,price up on powers @ 7/1 worth a handy e/w punt,gl
                                                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

another liam nash tip,6 o clock killarney,dimona trained by john oxx and looks to have a race like this well with-in its range,price up on powers @ 7/1 worth a handy e/w punt,gl
                                                                                                              close but no cigar,2nd but a very nice horse,worth putting in the notebook(or "nag me list")still a tiny profit
                                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Claragh Native should have a good EW chance in the next in the North.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Heading out to Leop for nice evening card, think Simla sunset is pretty big at 25/1 in the 18.10.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Famous Name to beat the hype machine i suppose.

Comment

for anyone thats interested be on here tomorrow eve abt 5 got a tip for a horse abt three months ago i was told it will hack up take it if u will but it will be a nice price will post abt 5pm 2morro

Comment

full title 7.20 laytown have a squeeze good word from the trainer

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                          full title 7.20 laytown have a squeeze good word from the trainer
                                                                                                                          ...Cheers for the tip, best of luck :-)...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X