Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big run expected from Pearl Diva 2-15 Newmarket on ew @ 8/1

Comment

2nd

Comment

Singles and a double on Dubai Dynamo(7/2) in the 15.35 @ Doncaster and BCB's tip at Bellewstown for the loots.

Dubai Dynamo has been a model of consistancy of late. Deemed to be ahead of the handicapper as he's due a 4lbs rise from his 2nd place run in a class2 race at the weekend but won't come into affect in today's class 3 race. Don't think he has to improve from last few runs to bink this. Also has form over C&D and ground conditions suit.
        Profit before people.

Comment

got a call from my cousin in england with a tip for Masked Marvel in the 13 20 at Newmarket.Not sure where he got the tip from but thought i would pass it on.Its 9/4 joint fav on PP now.Good luck if u back it i just did

Comment

Luvly Jubbly BISCUITS cheers

Comment

Striking spirit ew (10/1) in the 2.55 Newmarket looks to the have potential for a big race. Take price.
              Profit before people.

Comment

really like bated breath in the 3.35 today @ newmarket tough race with delgator blink and ul miss the race this ones gonna be a great sprint race

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                  really like bated breath in the 3.35 today @ newmarket tough race with delgator blink and ul miss the race this ones gonna be a great sprint race
                  If the ground is good or better Delegator is an absolute cracking bet.

Sprinting always looked like it might be his game but he still ran Sea The Stars to a length and a bit in the 2000 guineas. Could outclass these

Comment

Originally posted by The Hurricane View Post
                    If the ground is good or better Delegator is an absolute cracking bet.

Sprinting always looked like it might be his game but he still ran Sea The Stars to a length and a bit in the 2000 guineas. Could outclass these
                    agree totally but just think this is gonna be a cracking race to spectate ground is good to soft in places

Comment

Nut draw^?? Is there not a strong bias to the low numbers at Newmarket in the July Cup?
                      Profit before people.

Comment

Hmmm if this proves to be the case and the ground is no worse than good, I agree the 5/1 is big. Might even be able to get a tenner on at 11/2 between Coral and Bet365. You guys taking no risks at 4's.

Not as confident about Striking Spirit now though.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Hmmm if this proves to be the case and the ground is no worse than good, I agree the 5/1 is big. Might even be able to get a tenner on at 11/2 between Coral and Bet365. You guys taking no risks at 4's.

Not as confident about Striking Spirit now though.
                          Good to Firm say Channel 4

Comment

Striking spirit ew (10/1) in the 2.55 Newmarket looks to the have potential for a big race. Take price.
                            was 9/1 in the local bookies when i got there in from 11's

Comment

Originally posted by davidadams View Post
                              was 9/1 in the local bookies when i got there in from 11's
                              Yeah it's a pricewise selection so it was always going to shorten a bit.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Amour Propre owes me a few quid. Ill chance him e/w. Hasnt won for a long time mind.

Comment

Amour Propre owes me a few quid. Ill chance him e/w. Hasnt won for a long time mind.
                                  Wow,got excited when he travelled into it still swinging

Comment

Ugh Striking Spirit, should have stayed where he was. Not getting on Delegator now.

Hannons pair drawn low for me in the july Cup ew.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Ugh Striking Spirit, should have stayed where he was. Not getting on Delegator now.

Hannons pair drawn low for me in the july Cup ew.
                                      agreed, if he sticks to the one side instead of switching he places easily

Comment

Delegator runs really fast, he could be drawn in the car park and he will still place. Banker e/w bet

Comment

Have to retrieve it all now with Dick Turpin

Comment

nice score e/w on bated breath 1 to watch imo

Comment

Guys the Irish Oaks is on this Sunday Wonder of Wonders will win this race take the 6/4 about her lads in Paddy Power it wont last long.
                                              Ballydoyle didnt employ a pacemaker in the English Oaks so confident were they she'd win,Murtagh stole a handy lead and then went for home early in the straight and Fallon couldnt peg him back.
                                              Misty for Me will this time act as the pacemaker and is a very good filly in her own right but Wonder of Wonders will sweep past in the final furlong.

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post
                                                Guys the Irish Oaks is on this Sunday Wonder of Wonders will win this race take the 6/4 about her lads in Paddy Power it wont last long.
                                                Ballydoyle didnt employ a pacemaker in the English Oaks so confident were they she'd win,Murtagh stole a handy lead and then went for home early in the straight and Fallon couldnt peg him back.
                                                Misty for Me will this time act as the pacemaker and is a very good filly in her own right but Wonder of Wonders will sweep past in the final furlong.
                                                Misty for me is a 120 rated guineas winner who smashed a duel Breeders cup winner last time out.
                                                I think there is close to zero chance that she is used as a pacemaker

Is your information reliable

Comment

Originally posted by mohican22 View Post

Comment

In one word YES Ballydoyle feel over 1mile 4f Wonder of Wonders is the superior animal,now the ground is also key she needs GOOD or GOOD/FIRM.
                                                    There is no denying Misty for me was very impressive stuffing Midday the last day.
                                                    Jockey arrangements havent been confirmed yet i hope Ryan Moore will be riding her.

Comment

Good stuff BCB re Blue Bunting.

First time I didn't back Banimpire this year, thought she was a little outclassed in classic company in Irish 1000 but she's one game filly.
                                                      Last edited by The Situation; 17-07-11, 15:03.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Late Notice but Stormy Whatever in the 2.10 @ Cattrerick apparently likes the ground today @ 3/1.

Comment

good man, ran a good race

Comment

5.40 Uttoxeter.

Hold The Fort (generally 20's to 25's).

Been told a big run is hoped today as the horse is to be sold shortly.
                                                            First time info from this person so how reliable, I really dont know.
                                                            Seems to be 3 half decent horses in the race already so I'm only doing a small e/w for fun (& so I wont puke if it happens to hack up )

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                              5.40 Uttoxeter.

Hold The Fort (generally 20's to 25's).
                                                              ...Came 4th...a well, it was worth watching while my kettle boiled...

Comment

Couple at Newmarket today. Classic Punch e/w in the 14.15 at 13/2. Won this race by nine lengths last year, the future form of others in the race didn't work out too strongly but it's still a massive distance to win any handicap nonetheless. Classic punch has been pretty unsuccessful since running at a higher level off a tough mark but worth a crack back at this class 3 level off a winable mark if he's retained his ability.

The other is What About You in 3.20, e/w at 20/1. Richard Fahey has been very frustrated with this one. He said in his sportingbet blog that he hasn't been producing the same form on track that he has been doing at home. He's hoping that the application of blinkers will change his fortunes today and believes he's really well handicapped to potentially cause an upset here.

The King George looks fascinating but has me stumped.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Workforce is the biggest certainty I've ever seen today. Ever

Comment

Workforce is the biggest certainty I've ever seen today. Ever
                                                                    don't see the race being run in workforces favour, but will be good enough to win anyway. will prob just go with Nathaniel for a few pennies, think instance is a good thing in newmarket in the fillies handicap especially with the ground drying up
                                                                    Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

If I was forced to pick one it would prob be Nathaniel. The only 3 years olds to win this in the last ten years have been two Irish Derby winners. He didn't run in that but only finished a head behind Treasure Beach at Chester from the worst draw, also put in fantastic effort at Ascot too and he pushed Frankel close in a maidan as a 2 year old. So while he hasn't run in a group 1 he's most definitely run against G1 level opposition. Still at prices I think it's one to watch.
                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Looks a cracking race alright and I wouldn't mind seeing St Nic win but like I said, I'll be backing Workforce to get more money for Canford next week

Comment

Think the bookies have this one spot on. If I had to pick one it would be rewilding, but I'd have preferred he had a longer break.

Comment

Looks a cracking race alright and I wouldn't mind seeing St Nic win but like I said, I'll be backing Workforce to get more money for Canford next week
                                                                            Why didn't you take the 4/1 available over a week ago if you're that confident about Workforce?

It's one to watch now imo. Interesting to see young Joseph on SNA as he didn't exactly excel on a few of his father's horses at the Royal Ascot meeting.

Frankel for the cosy win next week btw. See some sense.
                                                                            "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Originally posted by GingerMilla View Post
                                                                              Why didn't you take the 4/1 available over a week ago if you're that confident about Workforce?

It's one to watch now imo. Interesting to see young Joseph on SNA as he didn't exactly excel on a few of his father's horses at the Royal Ascot meeting.

Frankel for the cosy win next week btw. See some sense.
                                                                              I didnt back WF lasr week because of the ground.

And Canford Cliffs will murder Frankel

Comment

I didnt back WF lasr week because of the ground.

And Canford Cliffs will murder Frankel
                                                                                According to Brough Scott in last weeks Sunday Times , the colt was confirmed as an intended runner last Saturday morning. The wet weather had come at that stage.
                                                                                5/4 atm is ridiculous.
                                                                                "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

According to Brough Scott in last weeks Sunday Times , the colt was confirmed as an intended runner last Saturday morning. The wet weather had come at that stage.
                                                                                  5/4 atm is ridiculous.
                                                                                  It was drying out all week, and only for the rain last night i wouldnt be as confident. 5/4 is value, 4/1 was insane imo.

People shouldnt be so quick to dismiss SNA because of the ground, his Racing Post Trophy victory was on soft

Comment

It was drying out all week, and only for the rain last night i wouldnt be as confident. 5/4 is value, 4/1 was insane imo.

People shouldnt be so quick to dismiss SNA because of the ground, his Racing Post Trophy victory was on soft

Yhe I hear you there. Its just hard to know what kind of race SNA will run. At Epsom the horse only responded when brought wide of his rivals by Moore but in the end decisively ran down Midday. Early in the straight though the horse didn't seem too willing which would be a worry.

Comment

Couple at Newmarket today. Classic Punch e/w in the 14.15 at 13/2. Won this race by nine lengths last year, the future form of others in the race didn't work out too strongly but it's still a massive distance to win any handicap nonetheless. Classic punch has been pretty unsuccessful since running at a higher level off a tough mark but worth a crack back at this class 3 level off a winable mark if he's retained his ability.

The other is What About You in 3.20, e/w at 20/1. Richard Fahey has been very frustrated with this one. He said in his sportingbet blog that he hasn't been producing the same form on track that he has been doing at home. He's hoping that the application of blinkers will change his fortunes today and believes he's really well handicapped to potentially cause an upset here.

The King George looks fascinating but has me stumped.
                                                                                      Sigh one of those days, both miss out on place money by 1 place when leading one furlong out

Nathaniel may get some tilt money now.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Id like to repeat my statement that Canford Cliffs will murder Frankel in the Sussex

Comment

Looking forward to this one.
                                                                                          Think I'll stay a spectator for this race. I like SNA but think the jockey booking is a negative. I was at Naas races the other day and felt JP made a few mistakes and prob cost one horse a victory. He hasn't enough experience to be riding in these kind of races imo, no doubt he will become top class but learning your trade on Group 1 horses doesn't seem like the way to go(obv his father knows what he's doing and I can have any opinion sitting here).
                                                                                          It'll be interesting to see how Rewilding goes after the RA run and be interesting to see what Franky has to do to get it into top gear.
                                                                                          Workforce doesn't need much to be said about it, a justifiable fav.
                                                                                          I'm assuming Debussy is the pace maker and know nothing, apart from what is above, about Nathaniel.

Doubt I'lll back Canford either. Not sure what way that race will go so going to watch and enjoy.

Comment

Id like to repeat my statement that Canford Cliffs will murder Frankel in the Sussex
                                                                                            I hear Richard Hannon is making excuses already, appearently some dip in the downs won't suit his stable star.

It's being a good innings for the Cliffs but I'm afraid the game is up. I can see Tom Queally looking back 2f out to see an unbalanced Richard Hughes going for everything but not making any ground on the new kid on the block, Frankel.

Comment

I hear Richard Hannon is making excuses already, appearently some dip in the downs won't suit his stable star.

It's being a good innings for the Cliffs but I'm afraid the game is up. I can see Tom Queally looking back 2f out to see an unbalanced Richard Hughes going for everything but not making any ground on the new kid on the block, Frankel.
                                                                                              Queally will be looking around to see the Motorbike charging at him

Comment

2 furlongs out? Highly doubtful. I imagine it will be a lot closer than you think.

Comment

Queally will be looking around to see the Motorbike charging at him

Comment

Sigh one of those days, both miss out on place money by 1 place when leading one furlong out

Nathaniel may get some tilt money now.
                                                                                                    I've thrown a few bob in that direction for interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                                      Looking forward to this one.
                                                                                                      Think I'll stay a spectator for this race. I like SNA but think the jockey booking is a negative. I was at Naas races the other day and felt JP made a few mistakes and prob cost one horse a victory. He hasn't enough experience to be riding in these kind of races imo, no doubt he will become top class but learning your trade on Group 1 horses doesn't seem like the way to go(obv his father knows what he's doing and I can have any opinion sitting here).
                                                                                                      It'll be interesting to see how Rewilding goes after the RA run and be interesting to see what Franky has to do to get it into top gear.
                                                                                                      Workforce doesn't need much to be said about it, a justifiable fav.
                                                                                                      I'm assuming Debussy is the pace maker and know nothing, apart from what is above, about Nathaniel.

Doubt I'lll back Canford either. Not sure what way that race will go so going to watch and enjoy.
                                                                                                      I saw him on tv earlier walking around the track with AOB, seeking out the best ground obv. He looks bigger than his Father already and bearing in mind that Aidan was a nh jockey you'd have to think that Joseph's continued physical development could go against his chosen career. Perhaps that is the reason he's got the nod in the big one today ahead of Sheamie.

Comment

Looks like it's beer o' clock for me. Gl with your picks all.

Only bet I'll be having is in the last btw, Aiken.

Comment

Boom Nathaniel

Such a messy race though. Poor Rewilding
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Few pound on Nathaniel was told after the race they had paid 70k to enter him in the race on monday?

Comment

My only bet of the day is Parlour games ew in that race. Looks like a free bet against the favourite to me.
                                                                                                              'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

On the Sussex stakes debate. Evs about Frankel is big. Even if you're a doubter he's worth backing to trade before the start as most believe he'll go off a fair bit shorter. Personally I think the 3 year old weight allowance will be telling especially as it's nearly August and I don't think the disadvantage in age at this stage of the year is worthy of such a weight advantage given to the 3 year olds. Could be a reason why 3 year olds have such a good record in this race. And Frankel is no ordinary 3YO either obv. I've taken my fill on him. Again another fantastic quality race in what's been a great flat season.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Only Ladbrokes holding Frankel at Evs now. May never be seen at that such a big price on British soil again.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Too hungover to care but I never got a bet on. Must have went to the only pub that wasn't showing the races(didn't even get to see the big race until the news was on) and it totally went out of my head.

Going with Regal Heiress today @4:35 for no other reason than degeneracy.

Yup, that's the way it goes ofc.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by Caf; 24-07-11, 15:55.

Comment

Goodwood starts tomorrow, the group 2 lennox stakes looks like a cracker.

Any word from your Godolphin moal re Delegator BCB?

Libranno interests me at 6/1. Himself and Delegator met in the July Cup where Lib finished a nose ahead of Delegator, albeit having what seemed like the favoured draw. Delegator is giving more weight to Lib tomorrow than he did at Newmarket which could be crucial. Ground also advertised as good to soft which isn't ideal for Delegator. Strong suit is obv a big danger but price looks about right.

Ryan Moore booked to ride lib which is a positive. He peaked in July last season with two G2 wins including a win at this festival. Only one in field with course winning form, something that is more important at Goodwood than many other tracks.
                                                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

fareer in first at goodwood..

forget last run ( out of his class)
                                                                                                                        before that travelled well into the race at ascot in hunt cup before lossing his action
                                                                                                                        and was very unlucky in running previous behind st.mortiz

generally 20' at the min, some 24's on machine

Comment

Delegator can run very fast

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X