Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Cracking card at Sandown this evening.

Can anyone see Holberg get beat in the 7.05? Arguably at his best when fresh, winning first time out the past two years. Has only run over this 16f twice but again arguably his strongest trip, with one 4 length victory at Ascot a couple of years ago and 6th in the Melbourne Cup, only 3 lengths behind so you think whose been riping it up since he's arrived on these shores. Stable not exactly firing would be my only worry but I'm on a 6/4.
    I'm in myself. Lot of value in that price aswell
    Imo

Comment

fancy johnnys legacy at @7.30 at tipp, didnt get a run last time but put in a good run in dundalk 2 starts ago when getting beaten by a horse a few pounds ahead of the handicapper, pretty bad race and should be good enough to win somethin like this, its 7.2 on betfair
      Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Had a nice win with Soul Magic at 6s today at Cartmel... Profitable day.

Comment

Originally posted by A_CitizenErased View Post
          Had a nice win with Soul Magic at 6s today at Cartmel... Profitable day.
          ye had it in 5 ew double with amicelli, both at 5/1, unfortunately fairly short on funds at the mo so couldnt have more on it but im not greedy

Comment

I'm backing double for tomorrow as well as Blue Bunting. Antara @ 11/8 (13.50 Epsom) and Midday @ 6/4 (14.45 Epsom).

Antara won this race last year with a penalty, has been performing well at a better level then this. Has the beating of Timepiece on form through Midday. The rest of the horses don't look up to much.

Midday is the proven horse in this class and over the distance. St Nicolas Abbey did look like he could justify the hype on his last appearance's form but think he should be taken on until he proves it at this level and runs consistently. Although Midday is taken on the boys for the first time in a while she should take the beating.
            Last edited by Charlie Sheen; 03-06-11, 03:26.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
              I'm backing double for tomorrow as well as Blue Bunting. Antara @ 11/8 (13.50 Epsom) and Midday @ 6/4 (14.45 Epsom).

Antara won this race last year with a penalty, has been performing well at a better level then this. Has the beating of Timepiece on form through Midday. The rest of the horses don't look up to much.Midday is the proven horse in this class and over the distance. St Nicolas Abbey did look like he could justify the hype on his last appearance's form but think he should be taken on until he proves it at this level and runs consistently. Although Midday is taken on the boys for the first time in a while she should take the beating.
              You'd be better advised taking 4/5 Antara PP 2 places, if you're backing this one, as I think Timepiece is a serious danger, if not a likely winner. Timepiece had a reasonable prep race behind Midday a few weeks ago, although running much too freely in the early stages,
              wheras although Antara got closer to Midday in the nassau, it was run at a dawdle and Midday was going away again in the closing stages.

It certainly looks a two horse race and Timepiece at evens PP 2 places looks a solid wager.
              PP are 8/13 Timepiece without Antara which amounts to the same thing.
              "Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need - a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends, worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you, a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear, and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing." Jerome K. Jerome Three men in a Boat

Comment

Antara won this race last year with a penalty, has been performing well at a better level then this. Has the beating of Timepiece on form through Midday. The rest of the horses don't look up to much.

Midday is the proven horse in this class and over the distance. St Nicolas Abbey did look like he could justify the hype on his last appearance's form but think he should be taken on until he proves it at this level and runs consistently. Although Midday is taken on the boys for the first time in a while she should take the beating.
                Nice one, I followed you there. I'm with you as I said in the Oaks but hadn't looked at the first race until you mentined it here. Well done.
                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

SNA has too many question marks to be backing at evs or less despite his impressive(albeit possibly over-rated) run lto, Moores G1 record on fancied horses wouldn't inspire me with confidence either.

Dandino trading bigger than 10's interests me to cause an upset.
                  Profit before people.

Comment

BANK ON BLACK

Tidy gamble formed early on this one in the 6f handicap at Curragh. Looks like it will be trying!

Comment

Like both Shakawakhan and Cold Quest e.w. in this one at Musselbourgh.
                      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Ugh could have layed off Shunkawakhan but didn't, hit 1.4 or thereabouts in running. Happy enough though had a lot more on the place than the win bet. The other one Cold Quest blew his chance in the stalls when he got very upset ended up coming out behind everything.

Comment

Come on St Nick

Comment

Looks like a bit further would suit him better

Comment

Ugh think Queally went to early.

Comment

Wow, I'd say there was a 1.01 went down in that race without looking. Yep certainly looks like further would suit. Could he be the new Yeats?

Comment

Ugh think Queally went to early.
                                  Agreed. defo went too soon

Comment

Everything went wrong for SNA and he still won, was all over the place.

Comment

Don't know what to make of that race. Impressive or not? Ryans tactics were odd.
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Resurge e/w @ 8/1 in the next. Enjoys it around Epsom, form 1,2,1,2.

Comment

Ship it Fergus

Comment

I was on that too Charlie, thats three of the same we are backing today anyways. Well done, Hugh Taylor had tipped it and it made sense with the course form.

Comment

Midday let me down with double so that was a nice win. Fingers crossed Frankie does the job for us now.

Comment

Have a nice Each Way bet on Beatrice Aurore at 4.

Comment

Have a nice Each Way bet on Beatrice Aurore at 4.
                                                  You should get a good run for your money if it leaves at 4

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                    You should get a good run for your money if it leaves at 4
                                                    What do you mean? I got him at 16s like.

Comment

One time Misty

BBC's coverage is incredibly tilting.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

What do you mean? I got him at 16s like.
                                                        Was messing, the race is on at 4.05, Beatrice Aurore would have had a 5 minute head start, also she's available at 27's.

Comment

1 time frankie!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                            Was messing, the race is on at 4.05, Beatrice Aurore would have had a 5 minute head start, also she's available at 27's.
                                                            Ah ok. Haha.

Really? Had ran into Paddy Power.

Fuckit anyway.

One time.

Comment

Gogogo Frankie. Really think this is a huge price for Blue Bunting.

Comment

E/w on WOW for me

Comment

What price was the winner at?

Comment

frankie is a fukin idiot should have had him up there

Comment

Good ride from Murtagh.

Comment

What price was the winner at?
                                                                        SP 20/1, BSP 29.0

Comment

Sick. Disappointed at the tactics there for Blue Bunting. Don't know why she was held so far back.

Well done Johnny Murtagh, what a legend.

Comment

Who was it saying Fallon > Murtagh around Epsom
                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

..

Queenie keen e/w 8:10 curragh 20 to 1

Comment

..

Originally posted by starrbar View Post
                                                                                Queenie keen e/w 8:10 curragh 20 to 1
                                                                                Strolled home

Comment

Strolled home
                                                                                  N1 Eoin

Comment

..

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                    N1 Eoin
                                                                                    Did u have a dabble on him Ciaran?

Comment

Did u have a dabble on him Ciaran?

Comment

..

Oh belive me its worse 4 me i couldnt get a lift in to bookies, was gona stick 30 bucks on an play celtic poker grand final only had like 8 quid in paddy power an put that on, im jus gona drink my sorrows all w.end now with it lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          Who was it saying Fallon > Murtagh around Epsom
                                                                                          Nobody, but Fallon > Murtagh every day of the week. It's not even close.

Comment

Betfred Money Back Special:

If Carlton House wins the Derby, Fred will refund all losing win singles on the race.

Paddy Power Money Back Special:

If your horse finishes second you get your single stake back.
                                                                                            Last edited by wildcard; 04-06-11, 13:44.

Comment

Nothing in the Derby for me, a Queen winner would prob be good for the game so hope it wins. Disappointing race and card imo.

Crimson cloud only bet of the day in the last at Newcastle this evening(11/4). Fahey rates it as his best chance of a winner this weekend in his blog, which when considering he has a Evs shot running in another race today suggest there's a lot of value at Crimson clouds current price.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Recital

Comment

Pour Moi for me, fairly big e/w. Vadamar small e/w
                                                                                                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 04-06-11, 15:00.

Comment

I've set up the lay to lose a point on Recital just in case he runs out of steam close to the line.

Comment

I'll tell you what that reminds me of and its many years ago. Mikhael Barzalona got there but Greville Starkey didn't on the best horse I ever seen Dancing Brave.

Comment

BOOM

Comment

Got to love the arrogance of the kid.
                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Surely mistook the winning post did he

Comment

Nah knew he timed it right and had it won imo.
                                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

I heard a word for Fictional Account in the Ascot Gold Cup on the 16th June I had it at 33/1 and I see its gone into 20's already so it might be worth an early punt!

Comment

I fancy Sing Softly at 4's in 6.55 at Leopardstown.

A little overpriced imo. The fav struggles over 6f to get home and it should suit something coming from the pack tried to lead all the way lto and faded to 4th that won't happen tonight.

Receives 8lb from Invincible Ash too which equates to official ratings I think. I'll prob get on ew at 4's too. Its 1/5 of odds first 3 home btw.

Comment

Very limited access this week/weekend so I'll throw up my antipost Ascot bets now as prob won't get another chance beforehand.

Bridgetown (14/1) group 1 Kings Stand: Think this is a good spot to back to lay in running. Todd Pletchers US raider has pretty sick early speed that will leave most of these in his wake. Whether he hangs on for the win I'm unsure of but I'll have a lay pre set maybe at about 4.0.

Holberg (12/1ew) NAP group 1 Gold Cup. Putting a lot of faith in Melbourne Cup form this year at Ascot, where Holberg finished 6th over 16f in the soft. The 20f on good should therefore really suit imo. His previous Ascot run was hugely encouraging also. Only Powers laying the 12/1 now so can't see it lasting too long.

Frankel+So you think. Singles and doubles

Also keen on Await the Dawn in the Hardwicke Stakes but will wait for prices to see how much value (if any) there'll be.

If I stay reasonably disciplined over the week I think it can be a profitable one. GL all.
                                                                                                                    Last edited by The Situation; 10-06-11, 11:20.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

wow big day for ryan moore at york 5/7 winners

Comment

is 5/4 a bit short about mossey joe in down royal this evening, has won at 3m and 2m6, with this over a 2 1/2m, think there's improvement in him again!!!! down royal is a bit of a sharp track though but then again he's not really running against anything bar harolds cross who i think has peaked already and has gone up 10lbs, would you back it or just leave it, opinions please

Comment

Might be worth following ametuer jockey Rachel Green for a while. She's riding far beyond her novice status and therefore the 5lb claim is valuable. Placed in 42% of her rides last 12 months and won 23%. if you don't believe me check out her ride on Tot of the knar at Newton Abbot last night, as composed a chasing performance as you're likely to see. Couple of rides in the last two at Worchester today for a very much in form stable.

Edit: she's also 8 wins from 14 rides at Worchester. Small sample but impressive none the less.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 22-06-11, 10:50.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X