Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
    Value long gone but Floods is supposedly a good thing in the first in Clonmel.

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
    Was watching earlier, probably would have backed based on above but missed it. Landed on the favourite when it fell and was taken out. Going ok up to that point.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
      Was watching earlier, probably would have backed based on above but missed it. Landed on the favourite when it fell and was taken out. Going ok up to that point.
      Yeah it's a pity, I know they were really fancying it. Always next time [emoji17]

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk
      Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Any fancies for AW championships? Is Horatio still around? Haven't noticed him post in ages. Like the look of Mr Owen in the last but nothing else really stood out.
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
          Any fancies for AW championships? Is Horatio still around? Haven't noticed him post in ages. Like the look of Mr Owen in the last but nothing else really stood out.
          Backed hamassh last Saturday when it won with Dettori on board, has a penalty but might have a bit in the tank.
          Last edited by kaiser soze; 30-03-18, 11:28. Reason: Mistake
          location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

They want rain for Folsom Blue for Monday and there's a weather warning out now. Powers Boyles and SkyBet gone 6 places with powers best priced 12s. GOB is an owner and thinks that's a very good e/w bet.

Comment

Did someone here get the odd bit of info from Slatterys yard?

Might keep an eye on his runner in the first at Cork.

Comment

If someone could post the winners for Fairyhouse tomorrow I'd appreciate it. First time going there

Comment

Quamino ticks the boxes for me in the 1st but didn't beat anything last time but trainer and jockey going well. I think Kilfenora has a good chance in the 3rd, was impressed with him last time in Punchestown .Oscar Knight if he jumps in the National or Snow Falcon but I have a terrible record in the race. Really fancy Getaway John in the bumper also. GL tomorrow

Comment

Arkwrisht in the national at 34.0.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Grand shout there on Quamino Pat, don't think that winner would ever be caught but still a nice each way catch. Grand start to the day. Ty

Comment

Going for General Principle in the GN. You want something at a price on a day like today.
                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                          You want something at a price on a day like today.
                          9/1 Ballycasey to place fits that bill nicely for me
                          My GN National dart keeps landing on Squouateur but that's even more ridiculous than Ballycasey

maybe Forever Gold or Folsem Blue ew
                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Going for General Principle in the GN. You want something at a price on a day like today.
                            BOOM

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              Arkwrisht in the national at 34.0.
                              last fence was a shocker. shame was going well

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                last fence was a shocker. shame was going well
                                Ah he looked pretty gassed imo regardless, doubt it would have held off challengers.

Good call RD3
                                Profit before people.

Comment

30 e/w @25s = Bilbao fully paid for and a couple of tapas evenings upgraded to Michelin status.

I backed a horse that won the IGN for me two years ago in the next as well - Rogue Angel.

Comment

Jaysus RTE really need to look at getting a new commentator that was embarrassing.

Comment

Ah he looked pretty gassed imo regardless, doubt it would have held off challengers.

Good call RD3
                                      still a very good chance at a place though

Comment

Quamino ticks the boxes for me in the 1st but didn't beat anything last time but trainer and jockey going well. I think Kilfenora has a good chance in the 3rd, was impressed with him last time in Punchestown .Oscar Knight if he jumps in the National or Snow Falcon but I have a terrible record in the race. Really fancy Getaway John in the bumper also. GL tomorrow
                                        And getaway John gets up in the last for a sweetener. Great shout

Edit: also met some of the young lads from the soccer team and they were asking for tips so I told them Getaway John. WhatsApp group going mad now, seems you got a few young fellas another night on the beer
                                        Last edited by dobby; 02-04-18, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                          still a very good chance at a place though
                                          PP paid 6 places shrap.

Comment

Originally posted by dobby View Post
                                            And getaway John gets up in the last for a sweetener. Great shout

Edit: also met some of the young lads from the soccer team and they were asking for tips so I told them Getaway John. WhatsApp group going mad now, seems you got a few young fellas another night on the beer
                                            Glad I got you one anyway. Would have backed Paper Lantern and put him up as well but his run the last day put me off

Comment

PP paid 6 places shrap.
                                              Saw that later. Didnt look like he'd gotten anywhere after that last hurdle

Comment

Key Player 3.55 linfield was 14/1, now 15/2

Comment

Originally posted by The Color of Money View Post
                                                  Key Player 3.55 linfield was 14/1, now 15/2
                                                  Nice one. Cheers!

Comment

18:15 Kempton Vice Marshal 3/1

Comment

Anibale Fly looks to be made for the Aintree Grand National, looks to be thrown in at the weights and the step up to the extreme distance should see further improvement. Looks to be a 5/1 shot or shorter to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
                                                        Anibale Fly looks to be made for the Aintree Grand National, looks to be thrown in at the weights and the step up to the extreme distance should see further improvement. Looks to be a 5/1 shot or shorter to me.
                                                        Wouldn't be as surprised if it went off shortest priced fav for a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                          Wouldn't be as surprised if it went off shortest priced fav for a very long time.
                                                          Yeah I’ve done my best to shorten him up for the last 8 or 10 days taking the 16’s and 14’s. I think he ran a sledger in the Gold Cup. If you consider that the front two got an easy lead and the pace never relented he actually made up about 7 lengths in the last mile in those circumstances as everything else fell away and he was finishing best of all. The cut in the ground will suit him too. I’m almost convinced that given ordinary luck he could be nailed on as stupid as that sounds in a race like this.
                                                          I think he will deffo be favorite alright.

Comment

Ye are seeing something completly differnet to me lads, cant see it at all. That GC was one of the most attritional races I have ever seen, I wouldnt touch anything out of it next time out, it will have left a mark, that added to the fact that he has never won a chase over more than 3m and has no expreience of the Aintree fences which are very unique.

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                              Ye are seeing something completly differnet to me lads, cant see it at all. That GC was one of the most attritional races I have ever seen, I wouldnt touch anything out of it next time out, it will have left a mark, that added to the fact that he has never won a chase over more than 3m and has no expreience of the Aintree fences which are very unique.
                                                              Yeah it’s a small worry that the GC will leave a mark but he’ll have had over 4 weeks to recuperate.
                                                              He’s won a Paddy Power over 3 miles in a big field and ran to a high mark in a Gold Cup over 3 1/4 miles staying on up the hill so while we don’t know if he stays 4 1/2 miles the clues say that he is likely to.

I’d disagree about the attritional nature of that GC. The winner was allowed to set a steady gallop and I thought Anibale Fly hunted for the first circuit and a bit and might have gotten involved if he was closer and the race was more attritional. We’ll find out in time though if you are right. I do think you’ll find it interesting if you rewatch the GC and only look at Anibale Fly.

As for the fences the team from Aintree have erected Aintree style fences on the Curragh so he won’t be seeing them for the first time and his jumping looks solid despite the fall in Leopardstown in February.
                                                              Last edited by Arazi; 05-04-18, 01:24.

Comment

Right I've had a wee double with Mcilroy and Anibale just in case I end up looking foolish [emoji16]

Comment

I like my national horses older and carrying significantly less weight
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

wolverhampton

19:15 Emigrated 2/1
                                                                    19:45 Great return 6/4
                                                                    20:15 the king's steed 15/8

trebles

Comment

^^^^
                                                                      not much luck!!
                                                                      this is the last one if no luck

wolverhampton
                                                                      19:15 Chantecler 7/1

Comment

DBC

Comment

Zeeyalater 630 was told to back it e.w but see the price is gone now. Hediddodinthe in the 700

Comment

Parisian Kemp 8:45 should go in.
                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Nice! Thanks!

Comment

Aintree retirement multiples paid for
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 11-04-18, 19:59.

Comment

Woo-hoo! Amazing Bet365 Grand National offer returns

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                    Woo-hoo! Amazing Bet365 Grand National offer returns

https://extra.bet365.com/promotions/...ney-back-offer
                                                                                    So explain that to me....

I bet 125 E/w on a horse and get 125 back regardless of result?

Comment

Originally posted by eoghan104 View Post
                                                                                      So explain that to me....

I bet 125 E/w on a horse and get 125 back regardless of result?
                                                                                      Yes AFAIK and from what I recall last year. I stuck €250 in total on (spread it across 6 or 7 picks, all EW) and got the €125 in cash back into the account before the Grand National went off. Basically it is the best free money promo I can think of each year!

Comment

I see Sunday Spark is on the early movers list at Naas🤔
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I see Sunday Spark is on the early movers list at Naas🤔
                                                                                          AoB yoke drifting big time.

Comment

Theatre territory in 4.05 aintree
                                                                                            Lalor ew in 2.20

Comment

Looks a nice prospect for GAB. I'd say they'd have preferred something to set a better pace up front today.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Milansbar seems to trend strongest in the national for me. Strong jumper who has never fallen, nice low weight which is fairly important for a soft ground national, popular age for a winner, has previous wins over silly distances, has run in the past 50 days which seems to be vital going by past winners profiles.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Obviously the main thing is get your bet on soon if doing national as the bookies will soon start squeezing the market as they do every year

Comment

Two for today

Ah Littleluck 1.45 Aintree
                                                                                                    Boycie 2.30 lingfield

Comment

Wouldnt usually touch the national but between the bet 365 offer and the Fly gaining 9lbs upon crossing the finish line FWIW

Anibale Fly 12's & 14's this morning
                                                                                                      Raz De Maree 25/1
                                                                                                      Milansbar 33/1
                                                                                                      &
                                                                                                      Maggio @100/1

all 5 places

Comment

Originally posted by balfejohn View Post
                                                                                                        Two for today

Ah Littleluck 1.45 Aintree
                                                                                                        Boycie 2.30 lingfield
                                                                                                        Oh I did ah little luck
                                                                                                        ... Hoping it wins to cover the 8 horses I backed in national lol
                                                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Anibale Fly and Bless the Wings. GL gl

Comment

Gustav Klimt for the 2000 Guineas

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                              Anibale Fly and Bless the Wings. GL gl
                                                                                                              on the same.

Usual bets for wife, daughter, goldfish and teddies to be made
                                                                                                              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Anibale fly and I just know are the main bets for me

Comment

I'm on ucello conti, gas line boy and shantou flyer with the loots massively weighted towards to later. Gl all.

Comment

gas line boy, last samurai (just before he went mental), bless the wings, total recall, virgillo and millans bar
                                                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Wow!

Comment

He's a pretty good trainer for a scumbag Sitch

Comment

He's a pretty good trainer for a scumbag Sitch
                                                                                                                          They're not mutually exclusive.

Anyway the first time blinkers might bring the best from Whitehall in Wolver 18:00
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X