Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thistlecrack is some horse

Comment

What an absolute monster.

Comment

Thoughts on Leopardstown tomorrow? I'm making my annual pilgrimage to generously donate to trackside bookies.
        "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
          Thoughts on Leopardstown tomorrow? I'm making my annual pilgrimage to generously donate to trackside bookies.
          Seek out JP MacManus horses with a dodgy profile (you will either get a good run for your money or they will be out with the washing).

Killer Miller @ 20\1 in the 3pm

Gladiator King @ 25\1 in the 2.30

These can safely be considered longshots.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Crafty butcher in the 3pm
            Beltor in Kempton on the 2.55
            Sea scorpion 13.35 limerick
            Houses of Parliament looks a lock in the leop opener too but I'm a little hesitant
            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Page turner good ew bet in 2.10 Limerick

Comment

Page turner backed. Rest avoided 😊

Comment

would nearly have been worthwhile doing a blind ruby accumulator
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

In the last @ Leop Partick Mullins comes from riding in the first at Limerick to ride Ballyward in this, which you'd have to take as a positive sign.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                      In the last @ Leop Partick Mullins comes from riding in the first at Limerick to ride Ballyward in this, which you'd have to take as a positive sign.
                      Great shout tip in itself that when he was coming up to ride it wp.
                      location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Shaneshill is a massive price @14/1 in the Xmas hurdle

Comment

VVM and Djakadam double for me today.

Pp have a specail available 4/1.

Small double and singles on Charlie Stout and isleofhopeanddreams.

Comment

Backed Lord Windemere for small e/w monies hoping they go mad up front. Culloty has had a couple of winners this week.

Comment

Bakmaj ew
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Bakmaj ew
                                blindly followed in the vain hope of rescue after a poor day

Comment

That was close!! Great ew tip

Comment

That was close!! Great ew tip
                                    Fabulous horse a very exciting prospect, they were happy to throw it in at the deep end today knowing it would take a good one to beat it and were unlucky to run into the one they did.
                                    EW and wo fav saved a day at the races I backed every second placed horse.

Great to see Don Poli turn up.

Comment

Our Duke in 1.55 today simply has to be backed

Comment

Our Duke in 1.55 today simply has to be backed
                                        Stuck it in a double with Nichols Canyon
                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                          Stuck it in a double with Nichols Canyon
                                          Did the hard bit, ul.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            Did the hard bit, ul.
                                            It's been like that all week.
                                            His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

For information purposes , horse called poor duke runs in the 1550 Newc tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                For information purposes , horse called poor duke runs in the 1550 Newc tomorrow.
                                                I missed out on Our Duke today so this nag cannot go uncursed unbacked

Comment

Had word on Easterbys horse Hernando Torres in the same race

Comment

Originally posted by Hooch View Post
                                                    Had word on Easterbys horse Hernando Torres in the same race
                                                    I don't think Horatio's 'tip' was entirely serious.

In a similar vein, Chief Brody runs in the 4.00 at Taunton. Could he drag in a pot at last?

Comment

I don't think Horatio's 'tip' was entirely serious.

In a similar vein, Chief Brody runs in the 4.00 at Taunton. Could he drag in a pot at last?
                                                      Not to sure but still had a small bet ew at 25s on the exchange.

Comment

Not to sure but still had a small bet ew at 25s on the exchange.
                                                        Chief Brody is a notorious Dublin poker player.

Will have to back him myself now!

Comment

Settled in for a few races and a couple of pints.

1.30 - Boher Lad ew at 7s - useless
                                                          1.50 - Paris Magic w @ 11/4 - useless
                                                          2.00 - Phobiaphiliac w @11/4 - 2nd

2.20 - John Milton w @ 9/2*
                                                          3.00 - Dusky Ledgen w @ 5/4*
                                                          * done last night
                                                          Last edited by Dice75; 30-12-16, 14:05.

Comment

Chief Brody is a notorious Dublin poker player.

Will have to back him myself now!
                                                            Cough, cough. Clearly an inspired each way bet @ 16\1.

Comment

Sure Reef runs today after a LONG layoff and Had a big talk up from Graham Wylie in the FF podcast
                                                              As big as 9/2 at the moment.

other ew picks
                                                              Kings Bandit @ 6/1
                                                              Valhalla @ 11/2

Comment

Captainofthefleet looks a good ew bet in 2.05 Fairyhouse..always runs well at Christmas. Being nibbled from 16s into 12s.

Comment

Strewel & co have fairly lumped on at Tramore here.

GL.

Comment

GL.
                                                                    Landed! Easily too.

WP team.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
                                                                      Captainofthefleet looks a good ew bet in 2.05 Fairyhouse..always runs well at Christmas. Being nibbled from 16s into 12s.
                                                                      Anyone know where this finished up?

Comment

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                        Anyone know where this finished up?
                                                                        In the glue factory.

Comment

GL.
                                                                          Sorry, I had intended to put it up here but was offline for a while.

tbh it was mostly a recovery mission for me after Limerick earlier in the week.

He's a lovely specimen should make up into decent chaser in time.

Comment

Matt Chapman far more annoying on ITV than he is on ATR, in to play the part you wouldn't have thought possible that of a pisspoor McCririck

Comment

Sorry, I had intended to put it up here but was offline for a while.

tbh it was mostly a recovery mission for me after Limerick earlier in the week.

He's a lovely specimen should make up into decent chaser in time.
                                                                              What's the name?

Comment

What's the name?
                                                                                Returntoendevour is the horse i think

Comment

Johnny Feane sends a couple over to Sunny Southwell tomorrow including not a bad oul day mentioned here before .

Comment

Johnny Feane sends a couple over to Sunny Southwell tomorrow including not a bad oul day mentioned here before .
                                                                                    The other won @11/2

Comment

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                                                                                      The other won @11/2
                                                                                      I backed not a bad auld one and then his winner beats mine fir last leg of a nice treble. Ffs.

Comment

Cheltenham thoughts -

Annie Power - Champion Hurdle
                                                                                        Vroum Vroum - Mag Mares Hurdle
                                                                                        Faugheen - World Hurdle

OR

Faugheen – Champion Hurdle
                                                                                        Annie Power - Mares Hurdle
                                                                                        Vroum Vroum Mag – World Hurdle

OR

???

Comment

Annie will run in the Champion Hurdle, or not at all.

Comment

Any of the in house regulars any thoughts on A. McGuinness sending two over to Wolves tomorrow(last 2 races) and both declared to run again Friday at Dundalk.
                                                                                            The man is known to land a good gamble when the money is down.

Comment

Any of the in house regulars any thoughts on A. McGuinness sending two over to Wolves tomorrow(last 2 races) and both declared to run again Friday at Dundalk.
                                                                                              He does well with the horses he sends to Wolverhampton, The fav in Rigid rocks race was backed from 20/1 into 8/1 on his debut for David Evans having been a 35 race maiden prior to that. It was a very poor race but he ran to the line like an extra furlong would really suit him. McGuinness should have a good line into his chances of beating the fav with Egan booked for his but he also has to contend with Gordon Elliot sending Captain K over to Wolv again. He was backed into fav last time he ran there and got a strange ride. Not much pace in the race so might suit Rigid rock if it turns into a sprint,

Oor Jock has never won on the AW but has some decent placed form over 7 at Dundalk, His last turf win was off 74 two years ago and races off 50 now having not won for 54 races , The fav ran 2nd after a break but might not reproduce that .Its that weak a contest Oor Jock is 3/1 2nd fav, I would have strongly fancied Aye Aye skipper with a better draw.

Comment

Cape discovery 315 Lingfield meant to have a chance tomorrow.
                                                                                                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Black Dave runs in the 17:45

Comment

Black Dave runs in the 17:45
                                                                                                    Good man dave

Comment

Maintained his near 50% strike rate at Wooly with Oor Jock. Runs Pivot bridge there tomorrow with Kirby booked.

Comment

Maintained his near 50% strike rate at Wooly with Oor Jock. Runs Pivot bridge there tomorrow with Kirby booked.
                                                                                                        Seen and backed already, was quite happy with how Rigid Rock ran and be looking closely to his quick turnaround Friday night.

Also McGuinness has only 4 wins from 39 at wolves
                                                                                                        Last edited by Hooch; 04-01-17, 22:18.

Comment

Seen and backed already, was quite happy with how Rigid Rock ran and be looking closely to his quick turnaround Friday night.

Also McGuinness has only 4 wins from 39 at wolves

Yeah should have said in last couple of years, think he is 3 from 7.

Comment

is the quick turnaround a positive thing?

Comment

Yeah should have said in last couple of years, think he is 3 from 7.
                                                                                                              Yes correct, where I was looking was only giving overall and not pacific time frames.

Out of a matter of interest, what sites do you use when checking out a race with times, stats etc??
                                                                                                              Very curious as to methods people use as still learning myself.

Comment

Yes correct, where I was looking was only giving overall and not pacific time frames.

Out of a matter of interest, what sites do you use when checking out a race with times, stats etc??
                                                                                                                Very curious as to methods people use as still learning myself.
                                                                                                                If you double click on a trainer / jockey / horse on the ATR website you can filter the stats for year, course etc. They also have sectional times and info for some tracks in tabs at the top of the results pages. Simon Rowlands also has regular sectional debriefs on the timeform website. Drawbias have good sire stats and draw stats for flat tracks.

A couple of interesting jockey arrangements today. Mark Johnston has runners at Wolverhampton but Joe fanning goes to Southwell for outside rides ( had 3, 1 nr now, 1 being backed for trainer he has good strike rate for).

John Egan gave Essanaitch a brilliant ride to win the other day for Evans, runs and is well backed again today but Egan gives up the ride to go to Wolverhampton for a few for Evans.

Comment

If you double click on a trainer / jockey / horse on the ATR website you can filter the stats for year, course etc. They also have sectional times and info for some tracks in tabs at the top of the results pages. Simon Rowlands also has regular sectional debriefs on the timeform website. Drawbias have good sire stats and draw stats for flat tracks.

A couple of interesting jockey arrangements today. Mark Johnston has runners at Wolverhampton but Joe fanning goes to Southwell for outside rides ( had 3, 1 nr now, 1 being backed for trainer he has good strike rate for).

John Egan gave Essanaitch a brilliant ride to win the other day for Evans, runs and is well backed again today but Egan gives up the ride to go to Wolverhampton for a few for Evans.
                                                                                                                  Just won at 9/2, Egan must fancy his chances on something at Wolverhampton.

Comment

Absolutely pissed in

Comment

Just won at 9/2, Egan must fancy his chances on something at Wolverhampton.
                                                                                                                      saw this late Princess Way last runner after placing 1 from 4 so far

Comment

Really think D E Sheehy and his 7 pound claim will have a good night in Dundalk tomorrow.

Comment

Bakmaj ew
                                                                                                                          Fabulous horse a very exciting prospect, they were happy to throw it in at the deep end today knowing it would take a good one to beat it and were unlucky to run into the one they did.
                                                                                                                          They are rumored to have turned down £150 STG after the race but it will be running in the colours of Barry Connell in future.

Good luck to him with it, he deserves some better fortune with his high profile purchases.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X